Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silly Gilly View Post
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Animal exploitation for human entertainment is not acceptable. The fact that said animal exploitation only exists for a gambling industry that preys on the mathematically challenged members of society makes it doubly worse.
    Horse-racing as well?
    You know this is a tiny, really tiny gambling forum.
    If you are on a crusade then there are websites/forums where you could be much more effective.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
      What did you sign up for though? Twas hardly poker.
      It was actually

Comment

Definite lack of Christmas cheer in here today. Let's try a joke.

A man wonders if having sex on the Sabbath is a sin because he is not sure if sex is work or play. So he goes to a priest and asks for his opinion on this question.

After consulting the Bible, the priest says, " My son, after an exhaustive search, I am positive that sex is work and is therefore not permitted on Sundays."

The man thinks: " What does a priest know about sex?" So he goes to a minister, who after all is a married man and experienced in this matter.

He queries the minister and receives the same reply. Sex is work and therefore not for the Sabbath!

Not pleased with the reply, he seeks out the ultimate authority: a man of thousands of years tradition and knowledge. In other words, he goes to a rabbi. The Rabbi ponders the question, then states, " My son, sex is definitely play."

The man replies, "Rabbi, how can you be so sure when so many others tell me sex is work?"

The Rabbi softly speaks, "If sex were work, my wife would have the maid do it."
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          Horse-racing as well?
          If you are on a crusade then there are websites/forums where you could be much more effective.
          Is the new blood scaring you AJ?

Afraid so on the gee gees. I'm well aware of the forum and it's size and it's members. I'm on no crusade. It's pointless anyway. It just descends into interminable mud slinging. I think it's just a matter of time. Future generations will look back on our treatment of animals as we look back on badger baiting or cock fighting. Little men on horses kicking and whipping them around fields. Bizarre behaviour for a supposedly civilised society.

Comment

Great to see P&F back with the craziness

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
              Great to see P&F back with the craziness
              Reds under the bed.

Comment

Not at all. I love seeing new members contributing.
                And also, every one of them is a potential entrant for the 2020 Multi-Sport Competition. Although there will be 2 horse-racing events most likely.

Afraid so on the gee gees. I'm well aware of the forum and it's size and it's members. I'm on no crusade. It's pointless anyway. It just descends into interminable mud slinging. I think it's just a matter of time. Future generations will look back on our treatment of animals as we look back on badger baiting or cock fighting. Little men on horses kicking and whipping them around fields. Bizarre behaviour for a supposedly civilised society.
                I don't think the 'oul horse-racing is that terrible really, but fair enough on your opinions. Good luck,

Comment

No doubt. The fact you've been overlooked so long for promotion is frankly scandalous.

It would be of no use, I was just curious. As dobby said there seems little mod intervention, not a bad thing, so I was surprised to see a post vanishing without explanation.
                  Generally if I delete a post of that type I'd post some sort of "careful now lads' type thing to go along with it.

Irrelevant really, but I have zero interest in horse racing or greyhound racing. Sports where animals do all the work almost and that exist only to allow betting on them are of no interest to me personally.

Comment

I just ate 17 chicken nuggets. Breaded ones.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Jingle Bells in a MINOR Key, for those feeling christmassy but fecking depressed also.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          Dog racing does seem a pretty horrible grimey show with no redeeming features. If they'd just stop popping €18m a year of taxpayer money into it and instead divert that cash into maybe youth football or something similar with broad healthy appeal that would get most people off their back.
                          Hi Hitch,

For the record no taxpayers money goes into Greyhound Racing. There’s a yearly grant from the Horse and Greyhound fund of an 80/20 split of roughly 16 million. None of that comes from the taxpayer.

Comment

What's your record in one sitting?

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                              Hi Hitch,

For the record no taxpayers money goes into Greyhound Racing. There’s a yearly grant from the Horse and Greyhound fund of an 80/20 split of roughly 16 million. None of that comes from the taxpayer.
                              I know nothing about the industry but where does that money come from if it's not coming from the government?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                I know nothing about the industry but where does that money come from if it's not coming from the government?
                                There was a turnover tax introduced on betting turnover to pay for it. Betting operators in Ireland have to date chosen to eat the tax themselves to stay competitive with international competitors and therefore it’s not passed onto their customers.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                  I am amazed Money Heist is coming back for a 3rd season. I thought it was only going to be a 2 season show based on season 2 ending as it seemed to wrap up all the loose threads. Be interested in what direction the show takes.
                                  ...Happy to say that season 3 is very good... only 8 episodes, but it does a very good job of keeping you hooked... And the character Tokyo is hot as fuck again...

Comment

No idea, prob like 19.

Comment

No idea, prob like 19.
                                      Not bad. You and Liamo could do an eating contest

Comment

There was a turnover tax introduced on betting turnover to pay for it. Betting operators in Ireland have to date chosen to eat the tax themselves to stay competitive with international competitors and therefore it’s not passed onto their customers.
                                        So when that Prime Time Investigates programme said a few months back that greyhound racing was being funded by the government, that wasnt true?

Comment

So when that Prime Time Investigates programme said a few months back that greyhound racing was being funded by the government, that wasnt true?
                                          I don’t exactly know what was said in that programme. It does come from the government but it comes from the way I described. That particular programme was full of truths, half truths and complete lies. I do remember hearing a registered vet being quoted as saying he’s come across plenty of Greyhounds with blood as thick as treacle from all of the drug use which is obviously a downright lie.

Comment

I don’t exactly know what was said in that programme. It does come from the government but it comes from the way I described. That particular programme was full of truths, half truths and complete lies. I do remember hearing a registered vet being quoted as saying he’s come across plenty of Greyhounds with blood as thick as treacle from all of the drug use which is obviously a downright lie.
                                            Cheers for the reply.

Yeah, I took things with a pinch of salt on that programme and turned it off after part 2 when they showed the dead dogs in cages in China. I know lads where I'm from and their dogs are their whole lives and theyd be distraught if someone mistreated them or anything happened to them.

Sorry to hear about your lad last night.

Comment

Cheers for the reply.

Yeah, I took things with a pinch of salt on that programme and turned it off after part 2 when they showed the dead dogs in cages in China. I know lads where I'm from and their dogs are their whole lives and theyd be distraught if someone mistreated them or anything happened to them.

Sorry to hear about your lad last night.
                                              Thanks. Yeah that programme made hard watching, there is scum in all walks of life. Personally I keep all my dogs, I’ve had several live to 13 and older and have 11 at home at the minute. But I don’t feel the need to justify myself onto anyone, I’m from the countryside and have grown up with animals and with a certain way of life. As far as I’m concerned the guy last night is a waste of oxygen but I wouldn’t concern myself in arguing with him or his kind or even wasting a moment of my time thinking about his response.

Comment

Thanks. Yeah that programme made hard watching, there is scum in all walks of life. Personally I keep all my dogs, I’ve had several live to 13 and older and have 11 at home at the minute. But I don’t feel the need to justify myself onto anyone, I’m from the countryside and have grown up with animals and with a certain way of life. As far as I’m concerned the guy last night is a waste of oxygen but I wouldn’t concern myself in arguing with him or his kind or even wasting a moment of my time thinking about his response.
                                                Ah the old way of life, tradition argument. You and your ilk are part of the problem whether you acknowledge it or not. I'm from the countryside too but don't feel the need to exploit animals for commercial gain.

Tick tock, tick tock...

Comment

Came in to see loads of posts, thought the ipb #boomisback was on. Ah well.

Give me a shout when the rigger is back
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                    Horse-racing as well?

Trotter has visions of his future and wishes for something better.

Comment

@RAOUL my Christmas effort

Man driving down Motorway doing 120 sees a three legged turkey in the fast lane next to him. Bewildered, he puts the boot down to 150 to get away. Next thing the turkey cruises up alongside and looks across. Your man floors the car to 190 but the turkey cruises up again, looks across with a grin and takes off into the distance. The driver sees the turkey pull into a farm way up the road so pulls in after him. 3 legged turkeys everywhere running like crazy all over the place. He meets the farmer and asks wtf is going on here.

Farmer says when I was young I loved the leg of a turkey and had one and a second if I wanted. Then I got married and the missus loved the leg too so we had one each. When the kid came along the trouble started cos he liked a leg but now we needed 2 turkeys and it wasn't financially viable so we bred a 3 legged one.

Un fucking real said the driver and can I ask what do they taste like.

Farmer says
                                                      SPOILER
                                                      I don't know, we haven't caught one yet

Comment

Dog racing does seem a pretty horrible grimey show with no redeeming features. If they'd just stop popping €18m a year of taxpayer money into it and instead divert that cash into maybe youth football or something similar with broad healthy appeal that would get most people off their back.
                                                        If you put the money into Irish football, they would just steal it.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                          It has been suggested on Twitter that our British cousins, when applying for an Irish passport post Brexit should have to answer questions about us. Suggested questions include:

1. Please explain why the national news is broadcast at exactly one minute after 6pm.

2. Fill in the blank..."roll it there ______"

3. Whose job is it to put a bit of butter on the spuds? Is it a)Andrew b) Andrea or c) André?

4. How are you?
                                                          If the answer doesn’t contain “grand”, it’s an immediate fail.

5. Which member of the family was missing after the water safety advert?

6. Boxing Day or Steevenses Day?

7. How many items of something do you need before you can use "rake" as a collective noun?

8. “Mammy is gone to get the messages.”
                                                          Explain.

9. What and where is Hill 16?

10. Sean: "You wouldn't put the kettle on would you?"

Mary: "I will yeah"

Is Mary going to put the kettle on for Sean?

If you’re not Irish you won’t have the first idea how to answer the above!
                                                          Didn’t get 2 or 5 myself.
                                                          Don't get 5 and 8. Everyone remembers Andre though surely. And 2 is the actual title of this thread.
                                                          The thread title did make me laugh given the above.
                                                          Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                          Must be bad that I've watched this a few times. Still seems nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyZNLOHPk2E
                                                          WTF, the kissing is odd as hell.

Comment

My Christmas effort

Priest checks into his hotel and as the receptionist runs through her checklist, he stop and says “can I just confirm the porn channels are disabled in my room.

And the receptionist looks back
                                                            SPOILER
                                                            disgusted as says no it’s just ordinary porn you sick fuck.

Comment

No idea, prob like 19.
                                                              Not bad. You and Liamo could do an eating contest
                                                              ... Make it Happen...

Comment

Clever Dice down at shops at 7.30am to get food in for the week and beat the madness, not so clever Dice wondering why he cant get some Gin & Vino

Comment

An old man is struck by a car and brought to the hospital. A nurse enters his room and says, “Sir, are you comfortable?”

The old man replies, “I make a nice living.”

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                    Clever Dice down at shops at 7.30am to get food in for the week and beat the madness, not so clever Dice wondering why he cant get some Gin & Vino
                                                                    I've been tasked with getting the baked goods for an xmas eve brunch in the morning.

It opens at 8am, I was down there at 7.40 last year and I was 15th in the queue. By the time it opened there was 40 waiting, I suspect I may have to get there a little earlier this year.

Obviously, I'm worse for agreeing but their stuff is excellent.

Comment

Here's proper Christmas joke:

A Jewish father was very troubled by the way his son turned out and went to see his rabbi about it.

“Rabbi, I brought him up in the faith, gave him a very expensive Bar Mitzvah and it cost me a fortune to educate him. Then he tells me last week, he’s decided to be a Christian. Rabbi, where did I go wrong?”

The rabbi strokes his beard and says, “Funny you should come to me. I too, brought up my son as a boy of faith, sent him to university and it cost me a fortune and then one day he comes to me and tells me he wants to be a Christian.”

“What did you do?” asked the man of the rabbi.

“I turned to God for the answer,” replied the rabbi.

“What did he say?” asked the man.

He said, “Funny you should come to me...”

Comment

Q: What do they serve for breakfast at the Dignitas clinic in Switzerland?
                                                                        A: Cheerios.

—————

Amazon are useless.

I ordered Four Kindles in the Black Friday deals and they sent me a Two Ronnies DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                          jojo rabbit screener now available. Been dying to see this one-massive fan of Waititi
                                                                          Meh. Mixed bag. was expecting more. Flashes of greatness, but disappointing overall

5.5/10

Comment

What's red and comes into your house at Christmas when you are all asleep.

SPOILER
                                                                            I know it's obvious . A scouser

Comment

Meh. Mixed bag. was expecting more. Flashes of greatness, but disappointing overall

5.5/10
                                                                              Trailer looks brutal, didn't even smile
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Entrapment on da telly. Catherine Zeta Jones' arse in catsuit worth watching for alone
                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

5.5/10
                                                                                  Give Uncut Gems a lash. Some quality degeneracy in it.

Comment

Solid 8/10
                                                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                    Watched it last week. Rating above

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

I ordered Four Kindles in the Black Friday deals and they sent me a Two Ronnies DVD.
                                                                                      Class

Whats the difference between Australians and a bowl of milk?
                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                      If you leave a bowl of milk out in the sun it will develop a culture
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                        Best movie about gambling .. maybe ever IMO

Must be something wrong with me that I got more of a thrill out of Adam Sandlers bets than I have out of any punt I've had in ages

I did manage to scoop the book I ran on what the final denouement would be.

A Stewards enquiry was narrowly avoided as most of the punters were on
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        Helicopter man doing a runner with the money

Comment

Owning Mahowny the greatest and rawest gambling movie of all time. Desperation levels off the charts with the wager on the college basketball game while hosting dinner guests. Even has John Hurt in it, in a non banana eating role.

Comment

California Split probbaly the best poker gambling movie

Comment

Lots of crazy in here this week

Comment

Had been using Gillette razors ever since I started shaving.
                                                                                                Mach3.
                                                                                                Went to get new blades a couple of weeks ago and decided on a bit of a whim due to good marketing to switch to a brand called 'Harry's'.

Bought a starter kit. Fook me the difference. Had never experienced such a close shave before. Would highly recommend.

One weird thing though, wondering if anyone else experiences this.

I'm now feeling the need to shave more regularly. For me it's now almost every two days whereas before, with Gillette I could go almost a week before being unkempt enough for a shave.

Is it because it's closer?
                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                  Lots of crazy in here this week
                                                                                                  The only crazy I saw was that silly guy, what did I miss?

Comment

Can’t beat bad lieutenant if it’s degen scenes you’re after

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                      Owning Mahowny the greatest and rawest gambling movie of all time. Desperation levels off the charts with the wager on the college basketball game while hosting dinner guests. Even has John Hurt in it, in a non banana eating role.
                                                                                                      Gets minus a point for lack of Hurt banana eating but queued up!

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                      California Split probbaly the best poker gambling movie
                                                                                                      Added to the starting lineup

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        Had been using Gillette razors ever since I started shaving.
                                                                                                        Mach3.
                                                                                                        Went to get new blades a couple of weeks ago and decided on a bit of a whim due to good marketing to switch to a brand called 'Harry's'.

Bought a starter kit. Fook me the difference. Had never experienced such a close shave before. Would highly recommend.

One weird thing though, wondering if anyone else experiences this.

I'm now feeling the need to shave more regularly. For me it's now almost every two days whereas before, with Gillette I could go almost a week before being unkempt enough for a shave.

Is it because it's closer?
                                                                                                        Where does Mach3 come into it!?

Comment

Uncut Gems is really great, watch the hell out of it.

Comment

Comment

After a pretty shit week last week , This truly made it alot better

super proud

2nd yr xmas exams long may she continue her hard work , she was a bit peeved about the B

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                Where does Mach3 come into it!?
                                                                                                                At about 2300mph

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                  The only crazy I saw was that silly guy, what did I miss?
                                                                                                                  Did you just assume my gender? I'm a crazy girl by the way; the clue is in the name. Anyway I'll leave you folks to it. You don't seem too fond of outsiders...

You know for a long time this thread was essential reading, the range of topics and opinions were vast. Unfortunately, it has not been that way for quite a while now. Like a TV show that has aired for several seasons too long all that remains are crap storylines and mediocre characters. It's telling really that two of the founding members, Kevin and Lloyd are posting prodigiously on boards, the very site that here was set up to flee from, rather than interact with what remains here. Make of that what you will.

Adios motherfuckers...

Comment

Did you just assume my gender? I'm a crazy girl by the way; the clue is in the name. Anyway I'll leave you folks to it. You don't seem too fond of outsiders...

You know for a long time this thread was essential reading, the range of topics and opinions were vast. Unfortunately, it has not been that way for quite a while now. Like a TV show that has aired for several seasons too long all that remains are crap storylines and mediocre characters. It's telling really that two of the founding members, Kevin and Lloyd are posting prodigiously on boards, the very site that here was set up to flee from, rather than interact with what remains here. Make of that what you will.

Adios motherfuckers...

This thread and community has endured and grown for over a decade because of it's acceptance of new comers and 'outsiders'.

It's also endured for that long because of it's swift rejection of zealotry and bullshit. You always run away. Thankfully.

It's a bit like a bunch of people with different life experiences and interests in a pub having a chat.

Some people you relate to more than others, some you're just happy to listen to and learn from. Some you'll dislike what they say and you'll argue and debate a bit.

You don't tell them they're a cunt.

When you do you should expect to be told to find another pub.

Good luck.

Heard boards have a good band of a Thursday.

Comment

I thought gilly meant fool btw. Rhymes with hilly.

Silly gilly, silly fool.

Comment

2019 a solid year for Movies no?

Once upon a time in Hollywood
                                                                                                                        Joker
                                                                                                                        Uncut gems
                                                                                                                        Bright burn
                                                                                                                        Avengers thingy
                                                                                                                        Rocket man

To Name a fww

Comment

Just finished Uncut Gems there. Not getting the hype. Thought it was pretty brutal. Adam Sandler is unbearable.

Watched Marriage Story earlier and loved it. Best movie I've seen in a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X