Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
    This is nuts stuff from alleged journalist Gerry Thornley, calling out Isa Nacewa for making some incredibly mild and subtle criticisms of Joe Schmidt’s World Cup plan, this is exactly the kind of shite coverage that puts people like me Off

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...mpression=true
    Awful garbage altogether.

Comment

Good man Rory .

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        The Freud/ JB Yeats at IMMA is worth a visit, I hear the Sorolla exhibition at the national gallery is good too but I haven't made it there yet.
        The Sorolla exhibition is a must, simply stunning.

Comment

First time actively looking for a new job since I finished college. Been out of the game.

Is it worth contacting recruiters? I'm guessing only a small % of open spots are on linkedin.

^ I really need to go into the NGI more.
          Last edited by Denny Crane; 25-10-19, 13:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            First time actively looking for a new job since I finished college. Been out of the game.

Is it worth contacting recruiters? I'm guessing only a small % of open spots are on linkedin.

Your job is so esoteric that I'd be inclined to say yes. I think for someone like me who has much less and more generalised experience you leave too much on the table by using a recruiter.

Richie may disagree and is probably the one to ask but based on salaries advertised and what people I know are making in similar roles, the gap seems substantial enough so I've avoided it.

That said, WTF do I know, I asked for X in my current role and they said "eh you can y" which was 40% increase over my ask
            I'm not paid well, I was just very out of touch as to what I could ask for.

I'm currently interviewing at the minute though, a 1st round last night, another 1st round Tuesday and 3rd round the following Tuesday.
            Last night was a massive reach and I'd be shocked to get offered it even though it went surprisingly well but the other two I have a chance.

Comment

Have you finished up or still in your current role?

My gig is pretty niche and most jobs are via my network but recruiters are still very useful especially for more senior roles.

Are you looking for something a bit different? If so don’t be afraid to draft up something a bit different in terms of CV and go meet the likes of Korn Ferry or Capital Markets.
              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Trump on Giuliani:

he looks for corruption wherever he goes
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Jesus Leicester's recruitment team work miracles.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                    Jesus Leicester's recruitment team work miracles.
                    Rodgers didn't like the committee Liverpool had when he was there and a few weeks after he rocked up at Leicester the head of recruitment left and Celtic's brought in. Think we may see them make a few fumbles in the transfer market in the coming seasons.

Comment

Yes but you need to pick who you go to. I will be the first to admit a lot of us are not great.

Think you still have my number, give me a shout and we can catch up. Will point you in the right direction or ask the guys who will know who is good.

Comment

Seems way harder than it should be to change your address on the electoral register.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          Seems way harder than it should be to change your address on the electoral register.
                          Or far easier, to have more than one vote
                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

9-goal thriller.

Comment

Not quite feeling the depth of hatred for this England rugby team as I used to. Dylan Hartley and Mike Brown were the special sauce.
                              Eddie Jones, Farrell and Itoje all push my buttons though. Here's hoping the ABs marmelise them tomorrow am.

Comment

Not quite feeling the depth of hatred for this England rugby team as I used to. Dylan Hartley and Mike Brown were the special sauce.

Eddie Jones, Farrell and Itoje all push my buttons though. Here's hoping the ABs marmelise them tomorrow am.
                                Hartley I get, a despicable human being but Brown? Always just thought he was quality, had he a dodgy persona, past, beliefs?? Or just a head you would have liked to slap?

Comment

Has Trippie organised a session for the morning? Like have to go to bed now if it's an early start.
                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                    Hartley I get, a despicable human being but Brown? Always just thought he was quality, had he a dodgy persona, past, beliefs?? Or just a head you would have liked to slap?
                                    Probably the latter, Farrell too.

I feel the same about Andy Murray.

Comment

Again I've actually always kind of admired Murray! Love his dry awkward humour and he has faced alot of crap I maybe going soft in my old age!

Comment

Andy Murray voted for Independence . Liked him ever since. I forgive his 'look at my wankcep' display.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                          Again I've actually always kind of admired Murray! Love his dry awkward humour and he has faced alot of crap I maybe going soft in my old age!
                                          The need to look at your mother between points for moral fortification is not indicative of a well-formed personality.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                            Has Trippie organised a session for the morning? Like have to go to bed now if it's an early start.
                                            No, there was no uptake so figured it was a no go. Going to watch it at home with parents instead.

Comment

when they find Farrells skull in 300 years time they will be most confused.

Comment

Its been years since I've enjoyed listening and relistening to a new album as much as I have to Richard Dawson's latest , gets better on every spin.

He's been an extraordinary presence for years creating some deeply strange work and while this will probably sound a bit easier on the ear to many its no less odd especially when put alongside his previous album Peasant

2020 by Richard Dawson on spotify

Youtube
                                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dfX...FeXfYzZcgyI2Gv
                                                Ok im converted. I have sruff to do ya bollix

Comment

Anyway, during the course of some well-fuelled, ahem, research this evening, I think I have inadvertently found the reason why New Zealanders are so good at rugby.

Watch this. A fucking wedding. (Check out the bridesmaid ).

If we did this shit at weddings instead of getting locked and jumping around to a dodgy cover of Teenage Dirtbag, we would rule the known universe. And parts beyond.

Comment

Anyway, during the course of some well-fuelled, ahem, research this evening, I think I have inadvertently found the reason why New Zealanders are so good at rugby.

Watch this. A fucking wedding. (Check out the bridesmaid ).

If we did this shit at weddings instead of getting locked and jumping around to a dodgy cover of Teenage Dirtbag, we would rule the known universe. And parts beyond.

https://youtu.be/QUbx-AcDgXo
                                                    Not a punch thrown FFS. . Look up travellers weddings. Maybe we need to get travellers to play Rugby. PSV would love it. Park the ok caravans in Tritonville road.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                      Not a punch thrown FFS. . Look up travellers weddings. Maybe we need to get travellers to play Rugby. PSV would love it. Park the ok caravans in Tritonville road.
                                                      Isn't Peter O'Mahony a Traveller?

Comment

Isn't Peter O'Mahony a Traveller?
                                                        He didn't travel too well this world cup. Wha wha

Comment

I remember being in Christchurch the night the Crusaders won (whatever it was called back then) in 2000. As you can imagine, there was much rejoicing.

Went into a bar with my then girlfriend. About 200 people packed into exactly half the space. The other half was inhabited by four rather large Maori gentlemen who had a supply of about five rounds each in front of them. I asked one of the locals WTF is going on here.

"Awwww mate, you don't want to go near those blokes when they're drinking piss."

Sure enough, ten minutes later, one of them punches the table. In half. Bouncers disappear. So did everyone else.

Comment

What sort of a gobshite in the BBC decided to try and improve Jools
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

So join scary haka shit with habitually not wearing shoes and basically you have bred rugby dominance.

English public school chappies will suffer tomorrow for the Poverty Bay Massacre.

Comment

Speaking of travellers, I came across a guy called Steo Wall (half traveller but has thick Dublin accent). Came across him through this performance of A Rainy Night in Soho that was on an RTE show:

Description: Ireland’s Favourite Folk Song bespoke performance of ‘A Rainy Night in Soho’ by Steo Wall. To vote for your favourite log on to rte.ie/cultureSe...

Anyhoos, he's quite interesting, playing acoustic guitar and rapping (not used to that combo) in his thick Dublin accent. Very raw, but has something about him imo.

Recorded at Bearfire Studio for Rhythm & Roots on 103.2 Dublin City FM.Guitar - Rohan HealyDouble Bass - Al QuiffRhythm & Roots on facebook: https://www.face...

Traveller Pride Concert, 30 May 2019, Project Arts Centre, DublinArtist featured:Steo Wall, singer/song-writer See his Youtube channel here: https://www.yout...

Comment

Have a word with your local Sinn Fein councillor, be grand.

Comment

Lauralashes is THE best fun....but wants karaoke...so few drinks at IPO and we are in the heartland in Thomas St..

Comment

Am really looking forward to this match. Want to get some bets on for further interest but just can't call it!

Comment

Not the drunken Dice post we have become accustomed to. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                          Am really looking forward to this match. Want to get some bets on for further interest but just can't call it!
                                                                          What's the spread?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                            Yeah what a game! Eng ht/NZ ft at 5/1 is one I like.

Gone for bridge/may fts

Comment

Spread is 7 Paul. I'll take the overs with you if you want the interest?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                I got myself a bag of https://www.belllane.ie/ coffee recently. Can highly recommend.
                                                                                That's a lot of l's. Welsh?

Comment

Having seen that wedding haka, get the impression the rugby one is watered right down.

6/10, that bridemaid would kick the shit out of the ABs all by herself.

Comment

I'm obviously not inculcating my kids with the right values, just me and El Stuntdog watching this. And she's wearing white, the traitor.

Comment

Spread is 7 Paul. I'll take the overs with you if you want the interest?
                                                                                      Hmm. Spread recalculated.

Comment

Total rugby from England.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Great game.

Semi-finals are always >>>> Finals

Comment

This first 20 minutes from England should be played on repeat to the Irish team at the next world cup on how to not shame yourselves on a big occasion.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Barrett on the blindside is a very weird selection!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                This first 20 minutes from England should be played on repeat to the Irish team at the next world cup on how to not shame yourselves on a big occasion.
                                                                                                Rooting for an England win here, takes away the “we lost to the champs who start practicing in the womb and don’t have GAA excuse”. Then Wales tomorrow and a Wales win in final please

Comment

Some of this stuff would make you want to watch more rugby.
                                                                                                  Didn’t know you were allowed to run around people

Comment

What sort of a gobshite in the BBC decided to try and improve Jools
                                                                                                    Terrible isn't it. The whole mood is gone. You can tell he's not happy with it either.
                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                      Terrible isn't it. The whole mood is gone. You can tell he's not happy with it either.
                                                                                                      What did they do?

Comment

The way Barrett gets that pass away before he touches the line Wow!

Comment

George Ford running the show thus far. Some player.

Comment

Rooting for an England win here, takes away the “we lost to the champs who start practicing in the womb and don’t have GAA excuse”. Then Wales tomorrow and a Wales win in final please
                                                                                                            What is blatantly evident from France's and Englands (to a greater extent) performance is that modern six nations is a complete and utter irrelevance.
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

What did they do?
                                                                                                              Guest co hosts and generally fluting about with the format, as Laz says you can see and hear how uncomfortable Jools is with it.

Comment

What an intriguing game so far!!!!!

Comment

Engerlan will tire , showing signs already. Easy AB win from here :-0

Comment

Can't be a coincidence that games Nigel refs are typically free-flowing spectacles. We'll miss him when he's gone.

Comment

Guest co hosts and generally fluting about with the format, as Laz says you can see and hear how uncomfortable Jools is with it.
                                                                                                                      He was in Sligo this week, probably hungovr. Great show i heard

Comment

What did they do?
                                                                                                                        The lighting is awful too, too lit up. Feels like when the lights come on at a gig.

Some prick trying to fix something that's perfect.
                                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Hugely enjoyable thus far, 10-0 is a fair score. Now we see what both sides are made of...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X