Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great craic

Comment

New Zealand qf, England sf, South Africa final.
      It's going to be epic.

Comment

Class
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

A cracking game. 25m Japanese tuning it to watch that with all the emotion after being bettered by a typhoon has to be huge for the game over there.

They’ll give South Africa one hell of a game.

Ireland v NZ will be very interesting. Written off and playing only in patches and yet with pretty much all the players we would want starting bar Dan Leavy and Jack Conan. Backs to the wall and the bit of history from the last few matches...hopefully we can give our best and see what happens.
          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
            Would you stop, the whole of Dublin 4 would go on strike for a month if we were in Scotlands position and it got cancelled.

What we reckon the cap will be vs NZ? 12ish?
            12 it is. Huge ask for us.
            Profit before people.

Comment

A subtilited Korean film wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I went looking for something to watch earlier this morning but Parasite turned out to be a hugely enjoyable hungover Sunday film.

Opr

Comment

Finally caught up with rugby. Fantastic performance by Japan and Scotland will now be wishing the game had been cancelled.

4 awesome qfs coming up.

Went this morning to see the olafur eliason exhibition at the tate modern. Absolutely fantastic, and would highly recommend it and also watching the doc on him on Netflix especially if you end up going to see the exhibition.

Comment

Quick jaunt back to dublin booked for the 24th to the 27th. Have to spend some time with the family but is there anything I should try and see? I'm hoping to go eat at michaels but where else should i look into?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                    Finally caught up with rugby. Fantastic performance by Japan and Scotland will now be wishing the game had been cancelled.

4 awesome qfs coming up.

Went this morning to see the olafur eliason exhibition at the tate modern. Absolutely fantastic, and would highly recommend it and also watching the doc on him on Netflix especially if you end up going to see the exhibition.
                    Ireland happier to face NZ and south africa frothing at the mouth for the japan rematch. Going to be an incredible weekend. The other two games will be alright but nothing special.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                      Ireland happier to face NZ and south africa frothing at the mouth for the japan rematch. Going to be an incredible weekend. The other two games will be alright but nothing special.
                      game too far for Japan i think. not in terms of performance and skill but sheer exhaustion against the most physical team they'll have had to face.

England Aus could be a cracker also, and although the final QF might not be the best one to watch from a rugby perspective, i personally can't wait, as i think we have a real chance.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                        game too far for Japan i think. not in terms of performance and skill but sheer exhaustion against the most physical team they'll have had to face.

England Aus could be a cracker also, and although the final QF might not be the best one to watch from a rugby perspective, i personally can't wait, as i think we have a real chance.
                        The japan game wil depend on who dictates the play and controls the ball, if they go phase after phase, keep the south africans blitzing in wide channels and coming back blind while keeping ball in play they have a chance. They had been training for ball in play around 50 minutes which is a huge amount considering its normally roughly 36-38 .

I'm excited for france, i think wales are struggling to perform and got to see france in person vs argentina and thought they looked amazing in some parts.

Comment

Daughter wants a guitar for her 13th birthday.

Laz: you do fostering?
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            Daughter wants a guitar for her 13th birthday.

Laz: you do fostering?
                            Bring her to X music behind the Red Cow. Excellent shop with tons of different guitars available to mess about with.

Definitely buy something cheap though. Preferably nylon strings, most kids give up because their fingers hurt for the first few weeks. Nylon lessens that a little. Also ask for a guitar with low action, for similar reasons.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                              Bring her to X music behind the Red Cow. Excellent shop with tons of different guitars available to mess about with.

Definitely buy something cheap though. Preferably nylon strings, most kids give up because their fingers hurt for the first few weeks. Nylon lessens that a little. Also ask for a guitar with low action, for similar reasons.
                              I'm gonna hope she moves onto something else as she has definitely inherited my musical abilities.

Tin whistle nearly drove me insane.

Comment

lol, can imagine.

A keyboard with headphones will keep everybody happy.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

On a better note, kids have discovered the joys of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air on Netflix.

Solid nostalgia!

Comment

This weather is a real drag.
                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Oooh, a female Black Rod. How modern
                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The lower the action the better, that’s the killer. Also get a music teacher that’ll focus on enjoyment over scales, as you want them to drive it. There’s a guy called John In Walton’s who is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          I'm gonna hope she moves onto something else as she has definitely inherited my musical abilities.

Tin whistle nearly drove me insane.
                                          You should encourage it, she'll thank you as an Adult.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            Just for context, there are just a couple of the runners on here who have managed to break 4 minute per Km pace over 5K Kipchoge just went at 2:50 for eight of those.
                                            When you put it like that, it really puts in to perspective. \
                                            Would be a decent pace over 400m for anyone not specifically training athletics.

I really really hope not. He's the most inspiring man on the planet imho.
                                            It almost certainly is imo. Nature of the sport.

Athletics are one of the top sports for drug abuse. Long distance athletes in particular benefit immensely for certain doping strategies. Your looking at the best ever, who spent a career beating athletes on drugs, break a barrier that no drug assisted athlete

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                            And dont forget the %s the drugs hes taking adds. Fantastic achievement me bollox.
                                            How does taking drugs equate to it not also being a fantastic achievement?
                                            No clean athlete has done it or gotten remotely close.

If we take the position that they are all on drugs the achievement is the same, relatively speaking, as if they were all clean.

Comment

And dont forget the %s the drugs hes taking adds. Fantastic achievement me bollox.
                                              I dont see how any drugs would make it not fantastic. If hes on drugs so are the rest of them, how come they cant do it sub 2 hours?
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                I dont see how any drugs would make it not fantastic. If hes on drugs so are the rest of them, how come they cant do it sub 2 hours?
                                                He took an extra drug

Comment

Lance would love all this . We ready to reclaim him as the goat ? After all...

Comment

Seems to me we would be better going all out to persuade our neighbours that what they are trying to do is economic suicide rather than trying to persuade ourselves that this extreme hard brexit is in any way a win for us.

Comment

I think at this stage Lexit is the only one that could have any positives

Renationalise everything and possibly keep the US out of the NHS/food chain

Then see what happens!?

Comment

Just accidently saw the video of the Enniskerry GAA celebration truck fiasco WTF was going on there?
                                                        Looks like someone had attached some rudimentary railings to the top of a truck that all the kids were jumping up and down on. Then there is a shove towards the back and they all just spill off.

Quite lucky that no one was killed and if they had the GAA would have had whole new category in the Darwin awards
                                                        If the GAA were to go broke over insurance claims from this it would be a fair result.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                          Lance would love all this . We ready to reclaim him as the goat ? After all...
                                                          I'm not sure Lance is the goat though, most professional, most determined to win the TdF for sure but as a cyclist there were better individuals who achieved more overall. Hinault won 5 tdf and only entered 5 other grand tours and won them all, merckx won 11 in total and one tdf he won green and polka dot jersey as well I think

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter
                                                            Just accidently saw the video of the Enniskerry GAA celebration truck fiasco WTF was going on there?
                                                            Looks like someone had attached some rudimentary railings to the top of a truck that all the kids were jumping up and down on. Then there is a shove towards the back and they all just spill off.

Quite lucky that no one was killed and if they had the GAA would have had whole new category in the Darwin awards
                                                            If the GAA were to go broke over insurance claims from this it would be a fair result.
                                                            As much as I dislike the GAA how are they responsible for a group of hillbillies jumping on the local hillbilly businessmans lorry and acting like a bunch of hillbillies?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                              As much as I dislike the GAA how are they responsible for a group of hillbillies jumping on the local hillbilly businessmans lorry and acting like a bunch of hillbillies?
                                                              Homecomings of their teams from their competitions to their clubs and its them that have been ignoring that this was an accident waiting to happen for years now that every under 12's team gets a homecoming on winning anything.

Comment

Kids broke the fridge door handle swinging off it - €46.50 for a replacement piece of plastic...they can fuck right off.

I feel a price increase incoming for toilet spares shortly, I may be underselling myself

Comment

Homecomings of their teams from their competitions to their clubs and its them that have been ignoring that this was an accident waiting to happen for years now that every under 12's team gets a homecoming on winning anything.
                                                                  Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                  Kids broke the fridge door handle swinging off it - €46.50 for a replacement piece of plastic...they can fuck right off.

I feel a price increase incoming for toilet spares shortly, I may be underselling myself
                                                                  Do they play GAA? Was it on the way back from a win? You might have a claim.

Comment

The level of accountability required at local level for it to be the gaa's responsibility would kill the volunteer element pretty quick
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                      I'm not sure Lance is the goat though, most professional, most determined to win the TdF for sure but as a cyclist there were better individuals who achieved more overall. Hinault won 5 tdf and only entered 5 other grand tours and won them all, merckx won 11 in total and one tdf he won green and polka dot jersey as well I think
                                                                      All debatable but twas not the point I was alluding to.

Comment

@AJ, Ronnie on eurosport now in English open. A frame down after Jamie O Neill opens with an impressive century.

Comment

Jayz the Bulgarian national anthem . They threw a piano down the stairs. That'll do.

Comment

@AJ, Ronnie on eurosport now in English open. A frame down after Jamie O Neill opens with an impressive century.
                                                                            Playing like he doesn't give a fuck. Very frustrating as a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                              Playing like he doesn't give a fuck. Very frustrating as a fan.
                                                                              Was just thinking the same. Bangs in 90 then like it's nothing. Frustrating is right

Comment

Was holding his shoulder at the start. Looks miserable after that century.

Comment

That missed pink was just a lazy shot too. Never know what you're gonna get with Ronnie

Comment

6 mins added for racist chanting stoppages in the first half in Sofia, wonder what the spread was Sitch?

Comment

Christ almighty its bloody impressive when he turns it on

Comment

Haven’t been as hyped for a movie in ages as I am for the Irishman.
                                                                                        Nice to see someone still making movies for adults

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                          Haven’t been as hyped for a movie in ages as I am for the Irishman.
                                                                                          Nice to see someone still making movies for adults
                                                                                          will you make a trip to the cinema.
                                                                                          Bringing out the dead was the last Scorcese movie I saw there, and probably the last one that was worth the effort
                                                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 15-10-19, 09:13.

Comment

Still haven't watched Shutter Island because someone here spoilered it for me.

Comment

I won't mention the ultimate slowroll in the Crying Game so.

Comment

will you make a trip to the cinema.
                                                                                                Bringing out the dead was the last Scorcese movie I saw there, and probably the last one that was worth the effort
                                                                                                I missed seeing it in the cinema for the premiere. Is it only showing in Nov 8th onwards in the lighthouse? Or is there more listings.

Last time I was in the cinema was a Scorcese movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                  I missed seeing it in the cinema for the premiere. Is it only showing in Nov 8th onwards in the lighthouse? Or is there more listings.

Last time I was in the cinema was a Scorcese movie.
                                                                                                  It's on in the IFI from the 8th of Nov too

Comment

Anyone here got thoughts on what to consider or watch for when speccing a Data Analysis project?
                                                                                                    We are only at the conception stage, the overall aim would be to pull together information from different sources to help make trading decisions on a very specific product.
                                                                                                    Going to this in a few weeks https://www.bigdatabelfast.com/ would like to get best value out of our day and minimise snake-oil sales crap.
                                                                                                    Last edited by mocata; 15-10-19, 10:52.
                                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Wow that's a long time to hold a grudge m8
                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Was the spoiler that it wasn't worth watching?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                          Was the spoiler that it wasn't worth watching?
                                                                                                          Ah, I thought it was pretty good! No love for it?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                            Wow that's a long time to hold a grudge m8
                                                                                                            I had an.old sports coach who told a great story about this.

He was playing a match in approx 2000. Being marked by some lad he'd never seen in his life. As the game starts, your man his telling him he's going to bury him, he's a dead man walking etc. First time the ball comes towards the pair of them, your man cleaves him in two and starts over him triumphantly.

As the ref is fishing out his red card, my old coach reckons this is going to be his only chance to find out the motivation behind this assault.

"What the fuck man? I've never seen you in my life, what did I ever do to you?!"

Finger is pointed.

"You laughed at me....in 1972."

SP is an amateur!

Comment

Grudges and elbow nudges.

A guy I know still holds a grudge against me for snogging his sister in school . A deed I was completely innocent of . He sang the words ‘touch too much’ (ACDC) to me in an aggressive key sig and prodded me with his finger on the left shoulder, then was a cold as Ice to me after that. (I know foreigner not ac/dc)

The real offender (my elder brother) denied everything and backed up the rumour it was me. Being completely innocent didn’t mean I denied it either. She was a bit older than me so it was a bit of a coup. Everyone was happy in my household at the outcome apart from yer man and his sister who was morto that a young 4th year would be associated with her. (rumours howareya) To think the magnitude of a snog back then was compared to today where they snowball each other for fun. Met yer man about 10 years ago, still remarked keep away from my sister (albeit with a slight hint of a forgiving grin) still didn’t deny it although now it’s not quite the coup it was then. Shutter Island eh. Great movie . So yer wan had the nuts in The Crying Game, still in shock over that.

IN other news my kid turned 3 recently . What was I thinking at my age, he is a lunatic . But now I want another one and the missus sez ‘NO’ , louder than it was ever uttered outside Stormont. I’ll be tracked down by Davina McCall some day with a long lost rumoured grown up emotionally needy son/daughter looking for me but should really be looking for da brudder.

Comment

I'd say google translate is getting a pounding this week judging by the twitter # trying to swap tickets.

Unless all the D4 schools have Japanese on the curriculum eh PSV

Stupid Irish not topping the group...

#ラグビーワールドカップチケット

Comment

I'd say google translate is getting a pounding this week judging by the twitter # trying to swap tickets.

Unless all the D4 schools have Japanese on the curriculum eh PSV

Stupid Irish not topping the group...

#ラグビーワールドカップチケット
                                                                                                                  you guys should be used to it at this stage. seems to happen more often than not!!

Comment

I need to stop watching the football
                                                                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                                      I need to stop watching the football
                                                                                                                      Delaney Out

Comment

Delaney Out
                                                                                                                        Is that the danish lad or our former no 1 legislator

Comment

Adare. Episode 3.

We took one day off from the links golf itinerary to stop by Adare Manor, the impeccable resort that will host the 2026 Ryder Cup. It was as good as it looks...
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X