Structure for fundraiser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Structure for fundraiser?

Am running a fundraising tourney for a golf club. Any suggestions for structure etc?

Am thinking €25 + €5 reg with €10 rebuys/top ups, average spend €50 with 70% payout. How does that sound?
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mayo-...0391231?ref=hl

Mayo's longest running and most successful pub poker league. Teach O'Hora, Kiltimagh every Wednesday night, entry €20. Re-entry €20.

Originally posted by MayoPokerTour View Post
    Am running a fundraising tourney for a golf club. Any suggestions for structure etc?

Am thinking €25 + €5 reg with €10 rebuys/top ups, average spend €50 with 70% payout. How does that sound?
    Hi i run one yearly with my rugby club.
    Its 25 entry also get a professional in with all the equipment chips tables and a tourney clock.
    The thing is not to think like a poker player which is what i did the first year.
    You want people to rebuy as much as possible while still delivering value and fun.

I let groups of friends sit together and try not to break the table until necessary.
    blinds like
    25-50
    50-100
    75-150
    100-200
    200-400
    300-600
    400-800
    5-1k
    1200-2400
    1500-3000
    then a break top up.
    could have the break after 8 levels but want as many rebuys in there as possible.
    Id give a 3k starting stack.
    first rebuy 5k
    2nd 6k
    3rd 7k
    top up 10k or 20euro gets 20 k up to 30 euro gets 30k.
    Its all about getting the cash in.
    For a fundraiser i think 70%is to much id not announce the final payouts until the final table.

This is in conjuncton with the organisers who may wish to take more give out less.
    I f possible have yourself and someone else competent deal final two tables speeds it up self dealt can be slow.
    The structure can be tweeked to speed things up if caught for time or slow it down if its total crap shoot.
    Its probably my most enjoyable game of poker in the year and the majority of players give all prize funds back to the club good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
      Hi i run one yearly with my rugby club.
      Its 25 entry also get a professional in with all the equipment chips tables and a tourney clock.
      The thing is not to think like a poker player which is what i did the first year.
      You want people to rebuy as much as possible while still delivering value and fun.

I let groups of friends sit together and try not to break the table until necessary.
      blinds like
      25-50
      50-100
      75-150
      100-200
      200-400
      300-600
      400-800
      5-1k
      1200-2400
      1500-3000
      then a break top up.
      could have the break after 8 levels but want as many rebuys in there as possible.
      Id give a 3k starting stack.
      first rebuy 5k
      2nd 6k
      3rd 7k
      top up 10k or 20euro gets 20 k up to 30 euro gets 30k.
      Its all about getting the cash in.
      For a fundraiser i think 70%is to much id not announce the final payouts until the final table.

This is in conjuncton with the organisers who may wish to take more give out less.
      I f possible have yourself and someone else competent deal final two tables speeds it up self dealt can be slow.
      The structure can be tweeked to speed things up if caught for time or slow it down if its total crap shoot.
      Its probably my most enjoyable game of poker in the year and the majority of players give all prize funds back to the club good luck.
      Thanks. How does the organiser you bring in make money? Reg fee? Im surprised at 70% being too much, i thought it was maybe too little
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mayo-...0391231?ref=hl

Mayo's longest running and most successful pub poker league. Teach O'Hora, Kiltimagh every Wednesday night, entry €20. Re-entry €20.

Comment

Originally posted by MayoPokerTour View Post
        Thanks. How does the organiser you bring in make money? Reg fee? Im surprised at 70% being too much, i thought it was maybe too little
        He gets paid out of prize pool just one guy and I help him. I told you not to think like a poker player it's a fund raiser 70percent is to much it's about the good cause.

Comment

Waterford Golf Club Fundraiser

Give me a ring on 087-2906662 ( anytime after 4pm today ) if you want a few ideas

Comment

I've ran a couple and sick puppys structure is very similar to one ive used.
            Brought outside operators (for tables, chips etc.) in to run it and they ran a couple of raked cash tables which is how they made a profit.

Comment

Working...
            X