Allen McAuley RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen McAuley RIP

Just thought i'd post it here as a few may have played with him over the years. Allen was a regular visitor down South for many a poker tournament and having played with him numerous times he was a very friendly, unassuming gentleman at the table who enjoyed himself while also being a tough opponent. Pic below is from his UKIPT Cork Final Table Bio from Pokerstars. RIP.

Jeepers, remember him from being at his table many a time. Always a gent at the table.

RIP
    Last edited by The Aul Switcharoo; 17-12-15, 02:19.
    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

A regular at our games for years.. Faught his illness like the true gentleman he was .. If a smile could beat that dreaded disease he would never die.. I know I will personally miss him .. I'm sure he's probably hu with The Devil Fish now.. Definitely won't be another of his kind...

Comment

A true Gentleman and as Fionn said he had a smile that lit up a room - He will be sadly missed RIP Allen.
        sigpic

Dublin Poker Festival 13th to 23rd February 2020

Winamax Poker Open 30th November - 6th December 2020

Comment

RIP Alan you will be missed at all the games.....you would never know if he won or lost always had a smile...thoughts and prayers go to all your family and friends......
          €2,500-€7,000 guaranteed games EVERY Friday at The Gold Rush Card Club, Cork City

Comment

Terrible news. Played cash with him at the Green Isle only a few weeks ago. Always a gent. Very very sad. May he Rest in Peace!

Comment

Large turnout from the local poker players for Allen's funeral yesterday. Very well respected wherever he played and he knew this day was coming after a very brave fight against his illness which didn't stop him playing when he was up to it. Indeed he played in our club and the bridge club in the week before he passed, cashing in both, and had a smile on right to the end. He told me it was a journey he was on and he had no fears of what lay ahead. R.I.P. Sir, you will be sorely missed by your family and friends.

Comment

Wow, sorry to see this, real friendly face I used to see at games all over the place.

Originally posted by Northern Poker View Post
                he played in our club and the bridge club in the week before he passed, cashing in both, and had a smile on right to the end.
                This is amazing, RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Poker View Post
                  Large turnout from the local poker players for Allen's funeral yesterday. Very well respected wherever he played and he knew this day was coming after a very brave fight against his illness which didn't stop him playing when he was up to it. Indeed he played in our club and the bridge club in the week before he passed, cashing in both, and had a smile on right to the end. He told me it was a journey he was on and he had no fears of what lay ahead. R.I.P. Sir, you will be sorely missed by your family and friends.
                  God bless a true gentleman. It was an honour to know Allen.

Comment

Absolute Gent, very sad. God rest him

Comment

Working...
                    X