This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
    Don't think we will be getting paid on FG minority Denny. Going on the last market PP had up it looks like they are going to class it as FG/ Any other party (s). FG minority was out to 9/1 before they took it down.
    Settled based on cabinet seats. Would be tilting to lose because they throw someone like Zappone a seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
      Unfortunately only some Messiahs' get crucified these days.
      Oh Enda's on the cross. He just doesn't realise it yet.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
        Malta folks,

Looking to do about 7-9 days in Malta. Want to be walking distance to a beach and have public transport easily accessible (won't be driving). Mostly intend on lazing about in the sun with the odd bit of sight seeing.

Suggestions?
        If you want a beach as opposed to flat expanses of rock (which is more comfortable than it initially sounds) then St. Julians or Paceville (if you want nightlife and to be in the middle of everything)

If you predominantly want to laze around on a beach and are happy enough with just a couple of pubs/restuarants you're probably better off heading north to St. Pauls Bay/Mellihea, best beach in the island is up there albeit it's a good bit quieter than St. Julians/Sliema.

You're never too far away though, St. Pauls Bay in the north is only about 8 miles or so from St. Julians and accessible enough with taxis and/or buses during daytime.
        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Watford making me very sad here .
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
            Watford making me very sad here .
            villa players doing the standard, bollox i better up my game for these last few games to get a transfer so i dont have to play in the championship next year

Comment

Walking around Dundrum on a BH Saturday pushing a buggy while the wife shops. Confirmed Hell.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  Walking around Dundrum on a BH Saturday pushing a buggy while the wife shops. Confirmed Hell.
                  you're doing it wrong if you don't go to Dundrum in the mornings. Pre 11 there is absolutely no one there

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    Is this a bargain or is there a catch?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...er/3908305.htm
                    Seems fine to me. The only thing annoying me about many tvs recently is the distance between the legs. If you're not wall mounting it, you need a stand about 97cm wide to accommodate it.
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Watford making me very sad happy here .
                      Acca comes in, stoke let me down for a quadruple but the treble with west ham and everton came in at least.

Never in doubt.
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        Sigh yeah. Regretting gambling my drug money for Amsterdam next week on them now.
                        Have some weed on Deeney.
                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I never run that good so I would like doug and hitch to go fuck themselves.

Comment

4 y/o decided to give me a birthday present by starting to cycle unaided. Not sure there's many life skills I have left to teach them now.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                              Seems fine to me. The only thing annoying me about many tvs recently is the distance between the legs. If you're not wall mounting it, you need a stand about 97cm wide to accommodate it.
                              The legs are no wider then the TV itself. And trying to put it on a stand that's narrower than the TV is weird

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                The legs are no wider then the TV itself. And trying to put it on a stand that's narrower than the TV is weird
                                Not really a surprise that I'm weird, is it?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    Is this a bargain or is there a catch?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...er/3908305.htm
                                    I can't see what's a bargain about it. I don't think it's a particularly good tv, but, for example, this is LG, while an inch smaller, is slightly better for cheaper:

10 watt sound on your one is not the best, and it doesn't have an optical out for soundbar.

Is it going to be your main tv? Worth spending a bit more if it is imo.

Comment

Big pressure on Barca this evening, with Real and looks like Atleti winning. Epic title run in.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Ozil with the pass of the season wow

Comment

Sigh yeah. Regretting gambling my drug money for Amsterdam next week on them now.
                                          Hollandia truffles are a bargain

Comment

Going to be in Malta for the week for an exploratory trip if anyone is around for a pint (think most of bbv is there more!)

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                              Did you shift your molding machine ?
                                              Sorry dude, too busy to even check my phone.

No, I think we may scrap them.
                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                Going to be in Malta for the week for an exploratory trip if anyone is around for a pint (think most of bbv is there more!)
                                                We are planning a breakaway forum but don't tell Dom & Kev

When you going? this week?

Comment

One of my friends on FB , know her all my life. She is now a born again christian just posted this . So tempted to comment but cant think of the right words lol, she wouldnt be the worst , harmless divil as we would say in Tipp. But ffs like !

"A 12 year old visted Roscrea Monestry with his classmates. Felt disturbed after it. The monks chanting like a cult. They then proceeded down the church looking all morbid heads down. Never even acknowledged the kids. A prime example of religious corruption. Pure cult. Jesus would hve acknowledged the and you would not see Jesus chanting like an idiot baring what fruit that, none. Jesus would not pass off a kid."

could just post this under " ah but they can be forgiven for this baby"

Last edited by SatNav; 30-04-16, 18:53.
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                    I think we should all move there and form one community, possibly with frequent re-enactments of The Prisoner.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                      I think we should all move there and form one community, possibly with frequent re-enactments of The Prisoner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zalndXdxriI
                                                      Maybe change IPB to no usernames just numbers
                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                        One of my friends on FB , know her all my life. She is now a born again christian just posted this . So tempted to comment but cant think of the right words lol, she wouldnt be the worst , harmless divil as we would say in Tipp. But ffs like !

"A 12 year old visted Roscrea Monestry with his classmates. Felt disturbed after it. The monks chanting like a cult. They then proceeded down the church looking all morbid heads down. Never even acknowledged the kids. A prime example of religious corruption. Pure cult. Jesus would hve acknowledged the and you would not see Jesus chanting like an idiot baring what fruit that, none. Jesus would not pass off a kid."

could just post this under " ah but they can be forgiven for this baby"

It's true. Fantastic drink
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Anyone see that 8 out of 10 cats episode with Chris Eubank? Probably the funniest TV I've ever seen.

Comment

The classic monk joke. You might have all heard it as its rather old.
                                                              Anyone remember those eastern european potato jokes? Tried searching for them without success but hoping my vague description rings more of a bell. Maybe they were Russian. Really grim.

Comment

Comment

Latvian, I think. Based on reading reddit.

A quick search suggests there is a whole subforum dedicated to them: https://www.reddit.com/r/latvianjokes
                                                                  Ah. That's it. Curse my lack of searching skills

am shov by politburo on way gulag for dreem potato.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Bill Hicks on Gold atm only 15 mins left

Comment

Hitch's joke reminds me of two others:

A new monk arrives at the monastery and is assigned to help the other monks in copying the old texts by hand. He notices, however, that instead of copying the original books , they are copying the copies.

So, the new monk goes to the head monk to ask him about this. He points out that if there was an error in the first copy, that error would be continued in all of the other copies. The head monk says, "We have been copying from the copies for centuries, but you make a good point, my son."

So, he goes down into the cellar with one of the copies to check it against the original. Hours later, nobody has seen him. So, one of the monks goes downstairs to look for him. He hears sobbing coming from the back of the cellar and finds the old monk leaning over one of the original books sobbing. He asks what's wrong.

"The word is celebrate. " says the old monk with tears in his eyes.
                                                                          This next one I can't find the exact version of as I was told it so I'll type it.

A Finn and a Norwegian decide to have a drinking contest. So they are downing beers, shorts, and shots solidly in silence for hours. After 7 hours the Norwegian goes "How you doing over there?" The Finn looks at him and goes "Are we here to talk or are we here to drink?"

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                            Hitch's joke reminds me of two others:

This next one I can't find the exact version of as I was told it so I'll type it.

A Finn and a Norwegian decide to have a drinking contest. So they are downing beers, shorts, and shots solidly in silence for hours. After 7 hours the Norwegian goes "How you doing over there?" The Finn looks at him and goes "Are we here to talk or are we here to drink?"
                                                                            After 7 hours of beers, shorts and shots I'm like Finnish man.

Comment

Have people had their censuses collected yet?
                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

no not me anyway. and no point calling next week I shall be in Lanza sunning myself
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

I've been drunk, hungover or asleep pretty much since I got to Lanzarote. Having a relatively early night tonight so that I can start drinking by 12 tomorrow for the football. Tough choices.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    I've been drunk, hungover or asleep pretty much since I got to Lanzarote. Having a relatively early night tonight so that I can start drinking by 12 tomorrow for the football. Tough choices.
                                                                                    so funny , im the other way when I get there. chill , not twisted. sip lightly throughout the day and in bed before midnight lol , whats the weather like? where ye staying btw old town or new town. montana club for me new town. I usually always stay in old town but got sick of walking
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        Anyone see that 8 out of 10 cats episode with Chris Eubank? Probably the funniest TV I've ever seen.
                                                                                        Here it is...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Survived 9 hours boozing. Should be in proper shape for the snooker. Also wtf is with the task of wooing women being so easy when you don't want/need to? Fuck you, universe.

Comment

Yeah, they called by twice at least

Comment

The Last Samurai is a great flick!

Comment

Bacon fries and scampi fries.

Anyone who is a fan of these has seen the cardboard they hang from. There's another flavour advertised on that cardboard called cheese moments. Anyone ever had them or know where to get them?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                  Survived 9 hours boozing. Should be in proper shape for the snooker. Also wtf is with the task of wooing women being so easy when you don't want/need to? Fuck you, universe.
                                                                                                  Yeah it's bizarre. Reasonably sure they can smell fear.
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                    Not really a surprise that I'm weird, is it?
                                                                                                    Weird, no surprise.
                                                                                                    Lacking style, , colour be shocked

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                      Bacon fries and scampi fries.

Anyone who is a fan of these has seen the cardboard they hang from. There's another flavour advertised on that cardboard called cheese moments. Anyone ever had them or know where to get them?
                                                                                                      Give up now. Bit like the holy grail.

Comment

...

Comment

...
                                                                                                          Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 01-05-16, 07:59.

Comment

...

Comment

Escaping for a few pints tonight. All Guinness drinkers so we're thinking of hitting a few pubs that we wouldnt normally venture too often where it's generally highly thought of. Any tips?

Initially thinking of Mulligans Poolbeg St followed by Bowes.....

Comment

Escaping for a few pints tonight. All Guinness drinkers so we're thinking of hitting a few pubs that we wouldnt normally venture too often where it's generally highly thought of. Any tips?

Kehoes, Nearys, The Long Hall
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Can't access the original article as have used up my article use there for the week, but afair 60% discount was for those on around €20k providing they'd been living in the house for 20 years, whereas the more usual discount for those incomes you mention was around 30-40%. Might be wrong though. So max house value on €35k is €175k which seems a bit of a stretch in Dublin, or at least would only apply to the absolutely most shit places.
                                                                                                                  http://www.daft.ie/dublin-city/prope...ballyfermot/?s[mxp]=175000

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

surely a dad zone would make a bomb there.
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                      so funny , im the other way when I get there. chill , not twisted. sip lightly throughout the day and in bed before midnight lol , whats the weather like? where ye staying btw old town or new town. montana club for me new town. I usually always stay in old town but got sick of walking
                                                                                                                      Weather about 23 most days, cloudy this morning but sun will come out later I reckon. Staying in Los Cocoteros in the new town but the lively side of it towards the old town.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                        Kehoes, Nearys, The Long Hall
                                                                                                                        Toners obv

Comment

No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X