This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    oh hate the sinking realisation when you learn something like that. best of luck!
    It's just a complete pain in the ass as I heard nothing about it until this morning. Despite my ESTA being approved and in date, and the passport being in date, they seem to have just brought in this new rule without warning.

My dad was meant to fly out there on Friday morning and he's coincidentally in the same boat (they introduced electronic passports in October 2006, his is from August 2006, mine is from May 2006) so he had to change his flight to tomorrow to miss the transfer to the new rules which kick in on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
      Masters next week or is he playing this week too? Best price available?
      This week in Houston Open. 7/1 in some places I think I seen earlier
      airport, lol

Comment

pic is a bit too small, can't get it any bigger

_ i _ e / _ a _ a _ i _ e
        _ u _ _ / _ u _ _ _
        _ o u _ _ e / _ a _ _
        _ _ o _ e _ / _ a i _ i e _
        _ _ o _ / _ _ e e _
        _ o _ _ / _ u _ _
        _ _ _ i _ _ / _ _ e a _
        _ e _ _ e _ / _ _ a _ / a _ / O _ _ e _ ' _ / _ o _ _ e _
        _ u _ _ / O _ _
        _ o _ / _ a _ i _

There ye go, never say I never did anything for ye fuckers. I don't know some of the answers though :P
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
          This week in Houston Open. 7/1 in some places I think I seen earlier
          He's 7/1 in store in pp, special price apparently. I didn't back him today but might do if we all go on him sure
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
            For those of you who want to fill in the blanks in our shitty quiz

Barely see them but in no particular order

SPOILER
            double bass...bugs bunny...log cabin...bunk off...spring break

Comment

Doug,

Every week you show these and every week I feel this is the least fun pub quiz ever

Where is the music intro round?
              The pic of 1980s tv?
              Movie knowledge?

On the flip side, it could also be this

But I think less groupies
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

What even is an electronic passport?

Comment

pic is shittier than the quiz

SPOILER
                  Can't read the letters properly does Time magazine fit?
                  Bugs Bunny
                  Double bass
                  Flower Faries
                  ?
                  Rock Punk
                  ?
                  ?
                  Bunk off
                  Log Cabin
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                    What even is an electronic passport?
                    One that has the details on an rfid chip embedded in the cover so can be read by an automated gate.
                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 30-03-16, 15:03.

Comment

Barely see them but in no particular order

SPOILER
                      double bass...bugs bunny...log cabin...bunk off...spring break
                      SPOILER

Daffy Duck no?

no, I cant read
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I didn't know that
                        SPOILER
                        spring break
                        was associated with Easter... pity all the young wans in florida freezing their tits off with it being so early this year

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          Doug,

Every week you show these and every week I feel this is the least fun pub quiz ever

Where is the music intro round?
                          The pic of 1980s tv?
                          Movie knowledge?

On the flip side, it could also be this

But I think less groupies
                          Music round is always horrible in this quiz, movies is normally decent enough but 10 questions so no pics and my memory is dreadful. Come along some week m8
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Speith is 7s I think can't see better.

Last 4 tourneys

Day Day Scott Scott. Next two Speith Speith imo

Comment

Chanel bbvd, off to Amsterdam Monday. Can't find passport. Now has to get train to galway to see is it in her room up there which she reckons isn't as the two lads that are staying in house are up there and just kicked in her bedroom door to look for it for her and no sign of it.

I reckon no Amsterdam for her Monday
                              She thinks it's as simple as, ah mam run me up to passport office there and I'll just get a new one. Like fuck I will! Lesson learned hopefully.
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                I didn't know that
                                SPOILER
                                spring break
                                was associated with Easter... pity all the young wans in florida freezing their tits off with it being so early this year
                                Neither did I. I filled in the blanks to have the word christ and spent 2 minutes trying my best to get the 2nd word.... fucking facepalm
                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

pic is a bit too small, can't get it any bigger

_ i _ e / _ a _ a _ i _ e
                                  _ u _ _ / _ u _ _ _
                                  _ o u _ _ e / _ a _ _
                                  _ _ o _ e _ / _ a i _ i e _
                                  _ _ o _ / _ _ e e _
                                  _ o _ _ / _ u _ _
                                  _ _ _ i _ _ / _ _ e a _
                                  _ e _ _ e _ / _ _ a _ / a _ / O _ _ e _ ' _ / _ o _ _ e _
                                  _ u _ _ / O _ _
                                  _ o _ / _ a _ i _

There ye go, never say I never did anything for ye fuckers. I don't know some of the answers though :P
                                  my effort is
                                  SPOILER

1-Life Magazine
                                  2-bugs bunny
                                  3-double bass
                                  4-
                                  5-
                                  6-soul funk
                                  7-spring break
                                  8-wetter then an otter's pocket
                                  9-Bunk off
                                  10-log cabin

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                    my effort is
                                    SPOILER

1-Life Magazine
                                    2-bugs bunny
                                    3-double bass
                                    4-
                                    5-
                                    6-soul funk
                                    7-spring break
                                    8-wetter then an otter's pocket
                                    9-Bunk off
                                    10-log cabin
                                    So happy you/someone did that for #1. We also did that for #1, it is wrong and once you hear the actual answer you will feel like I felt last night
                                    All the rest are right(not certain of #6 as #5 & #6 we didn't hear the answers to)
                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                      Pulled a milf about 4 levels above me on the social scale last night and now she wants to come down and meet me in the pub I'm in for a drink. Stressing here trying to remember what shite I filled her with last night to go off with an ugly bald fella. Bitch had a 6 pack!
                                      Frank Regan also pulled. Good old Frank.
                                      SPOILER

Comment

So happy you/someone did that for #1. We also did that for #1, it is wrong and once you hear the actual answer you will feel like I felt last night
                                        All the rest are right(not certain of #6 as #5 & #6 we didn't hear the answers to)
                                        SPOILER
                                        Time Magazine?

Comment

SPOILER
                                          life magazine in that case was tied between the 2
                                          no clue on the kids book or the burbon - surprised about the bourbon

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post

Last 4 tourneys

You mean Phil Phil

Comment

Last 4 tourneys

Great Scott!. Youve been consistently thereabouts with the golf tipping. Who's to say he wont. Have a feeling Sergio might be on the premises.

Comment

Last 4 tourneys

Do an ew double this week and next. PP going 7 places on both
                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Ireland has issued a 100 year bond with a 2.35% yield. Seriously you'd need your head examined to be buying it....
                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                    Do an ew double this week and next. PP going 7 places on both
                                                    Not sure you'd be able to.

Would have to be a special?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                      Ireland has issued a 100 year bond with a 2.35% yield. Seriously you'd need your head examined to be buying it....
                                                      moar, moar, moar.

Refinance the lot.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                        Great Scott!. Youve been consistently thereabouts with the golf tipping. Who's to say he wont. Have a feeling Sergio might be on the premises.
                                                        Ah Sergio. Would love to see him win but alas.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                          Not sure you'd be able to.

Would have to be a special?
                                                          Probably a related bet but you could get a price from a trader I would say
                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I know!. I blame uncle Tony for keeping him back. Seems to care a bit less about the pressures these days though.

Comment

#McNulty4Kerry m8s

HE once turned down a role in the smash hit fantasy series Game of Thrones but actor Dominic West couldn’t resist an offer to read the 1916 Proclamation at a commemoration in Kerry on Saturday. The…

Comment

Poor fella, youd have to root for him in masters if he's in the mix but we all know how it would end regardless
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Sergio is a racist.

Comment

Poor fella, youd have to root for him in masters if he's in the mix but we all know how it would end regardless
                                                                    Gimme 100/1 on him so m8

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                      Gimme 100/1 on him so m8
                                                                      I won't m8, he's a great golfer.
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

The Aintree Tipping Competition
                                                                        Is quite the standing dish
                                                                        So sign up today young man
                                                                        And don't be a punting fish
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I think between you all you have 1-4(strewel was close, fairies not faires), 7-10. Only 5 and 6 missing, I now know 5 which is
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          Knob Creek
                                                                          and 6 will remain a mystery until next week I guess. GG all
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Neville sacked as Valencia manager. Lasted long enough tbf

Comment

Where does a cunt buy a reasonably priced everyday suit these days?
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Next

Comment

...
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Penny's

Comment

Don't think it's been mentioned but there it a bit of Doke talking on this podcast. He's at about 22:30 http://adam-buxton.co.uk/ad/2016/03/...wallow-pt-1-2/
                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Some scumbag smashing car windows outside my house at 4am this morning. Rang the cops but no show. Someone shouted down to him that cops were on the way and he just shouted back "fuck off". Its laughable.

Was seriously tempted to go down with a five iron but I haven't been hitting them well lately

2 taxis parked there (owners living in apartments behind) with passenger windows smashed this morning. Cunt probably only got a few euro in change.
                                                                                        You have to admire his moxy m8.
                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

...
                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

2.35 Per annum

Comment

Was going through Mia's phone yesterday and came across a lovely domestic with the next door neighbour. Its brill lol aged 10 and 11 . There are only 3 kids that live here and every so often it kicks off

SPOILER

Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

2.35 Per annum
                                                                                                A hundred years
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Women.

Comment

Can someone put the numbers 1-19 in random order for me please?
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

This is as random as it gets m8

14
                                                                                                      2
                                                                                                      17
                                                                                                      15
                                                                                                      8
                                                                                                      7
                                                                                                      13
                                                                                                      6
                                                                                                      4
                                                                                                      5
                                                                                                      9
                                                                                                      18
                                                                                                      12
                                                                                                      3
                                                                                                      1
                                                                                                      19
                                                                                                      10
                                                                                                      11
                                                                                                      16

Comment

2.35 Per annum
                                                                                                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                        A hundred years
                                                                                                        Yup. And underwritten by the Irish state in euros.

It's the craziness of regulations trying to derisk pensions and bankassurers which has created this madness.
                                                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          [serious question] Who is buying that? Can't imagine it would be any use to any pension/insurance co's for liability matching, which was the main reason those 30+ year bonds were so popular in the first place.

Some reasonable thoughts on the matter from PIMCO here, but doesn't quite get at why a 100-year bond would be well-received.
                                                                                                          Good article and in theory it all makes sense until you consider the craziness of the changes in the world over the last 100 years and accepting a measly 2.35% when faced with that risk in the future.

Comment

This is as random as it gets m8

14
                                                                                                            2
                                                                                                            17
                                                                                                            15
                                                                                                            8
                                                                                                            7
                                                                                                            13
                                                                                                            6
                                                                                                            4
                                                                                                            5
                                                                                                            9
                                                                                                            18
                                                                                                            12
                                                                                                            3
                                                                                                            1
                                                                                                            19
                                                                                                            10
                                                                                                            11
                                                                                                            16
                                                                                                            That was pretty random alright
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                              That was pretty random alright
                                                                                                              swap the 15 and the 10, and er the 9 and the 11. Good to go.

Comment

Passport found, room trashed. She's happy though.
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

swap the 15 and the 10, and er the 9 and the 11. Good to go.
                                                                                                                  Show your work. That doesn't make it more random at all. If anything it is less random.

Comment

Show your work. That doesn't make it more random at all. If anything it is less random.
                                                                                                                    yours was far too random imo.

Comment

yours was far too random imo.
                                                                                                                      That's fair enough.

Comment

Being dead when it matures is a bit of a drawback alright...

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                          Passport found, room trashed. She's happy though.
                                                                                                                          There is NO GREATER sense of relief.

I am unreal for losing stuff, so much so that I will check, double check and triple check my pockets and yet still I lose everything.

The only thing I have never lost is my passport, (have lost my work permit though) but that doesn't mean I don't rifle through my pockets every morning and sense sweet relief when I feel it.

Hon Chanel.
                                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X