X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      Your tv solution will direct a lot of your design Dom.
      pretty much any advice I would give has already been given above. I'm assuming you are looking at a NAS server for media instead of Kodi/cloud solution (just going by your posts) why not the latter?
      I don't like kodi. I do have an android device that I do use occasionally though with kodi, and I still intend to have that connected somewhere as well to use when the whim takes me.

Ideally, what I'd like is to be able to download from my laptop to a networked media server somewhere and I can access that from any device in the house connected to the network, whether wired or wireless,including the TV. Not sure that's something I can manage to set up though.

Pretend I'm a total dummy (that'll be sooo difficult) and explain things in baby steps.

Do I need something like this in the centre of my hidden setup?

Comment

But... but... but.... he's a genius, BigLeaugely Tremendously successful businessman and 'good person' we're the fools to be and
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

ummmm, Denny?

SPOILER
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Anyway, onto more important matters. Trying to decide which country should be given the benefit of our patronage this summer as we are not going to France yet again.

Austria seems like a runner, or even Southern Germany. Anyone been with kids to either locations, any tips?
              French alps. Winner!

Interestingly enough, that's where we're going this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Anyway, onto more important matters. Trying to decide which country should be given the benefit of our patronage this summer as we are not going to France yet again.

Austria seems like a runner, or even Southern Germany. Anyone been with kids to either locations, any tips?
                Tralee.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  1. Mountain people (montagnards, i think they're called)
                  2. Parisiens
                  3. Normans

Seems to be the local ordering of horrible French people from worst to least worst but still bad, with everyone else grand.
                  Lol, there is absolutely no list where parisiens do not top the list of French arseholes, so your list is void on 5hat basis.

Comment

LOL
                    Justin Trudeau responds to a flip question from reporter with a good-natured, not-so-flip answer. To read more: http://www.cbc.ca/1.3537098»»» Subscribe to C...
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                      Do I need something like this in the centre of my hidden setup?

http://www.cablemonkey.ie/d-link-sma...069332302.html
                      In one
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

In one
                        I'm assuming that the electrician dude will run the cables and leave them all in a bunch, I buy that thing later with a rack or whatever, and plug them all in myself? I can't imagine a basic electrician will be a networking wizard.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          But... but... but.... he's a genius, BigLeaugely Tremendously successful businessman and 'good person' we're the fools to be and
                          Any tea?
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

What would be an out of the box solution for someone (older folk, inlaws) who need basic telly, have internets. Point and click.

Comment

productive hour spent looking at pictures of Austria

Comment

insane
                                  Wonder how many times that clip will be played, who's going to forget that Hillary gave the Russians uranium

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                    So was my purchase a waste? Could you link me to what would help?
                                    Edit think I picked you up wrong.??
                                    No, your good. That's the stuff you want. I just meant that don't worry about being high or impaired at work as the part of marijuana that gets you high (THC) is removed.

I image vaping would be the best solution. The raw oil that you got is a bit stronger than the vaping juice they sell. I imagine it would be trivial for you to mix the CBD with some vape juice. 2ml raw oil and 10ml vape juice would match the strength of the stuff they sell.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Bit conflicted after watching that press conference all the way through. Sure bits can be extracted from it that sound stupid, but the overall feel was of someone just giving off-the-cuff answers that were reasonably okay.
                                          Haven't watched it all, but just the fact of his rambling on for 90 minutes is Castroesque.
                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Hitch finally seeing sense. I knew he was one of the smarter eggs.

Comment

Hillarys as good as dead now, so who cares what she did?
                                                I dunno, distract from him maybe? With all the lolz people seem to have missed that he keeps refusing to deny that anyone on his campaign team was in contact with the Russians.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                  Wonder how many times that clip will be played, who's going to forget that Hillary gave the Russians uranium
                                                  That makes absolutely zero sense when hes going to do something even more batshit crazy tomorrow.
                                                  Whats he trying to deflect from? Flynn'd treason that he authorised?

His absolute unmitigated catastrophe of a first month in the job?

Try to be a little bit serious about it FFS!

Comment

Comment

well its mainly answering questions apart from a short bit at the beginning about how utterly amazing he is
                                                      he didn't answer any questions!

at least not in the traditional sense

Comment

I dunno, distract from him maybe? With all the lolz people seem to have missed that he keeps refusing to deny that anyone on his campaign team was in contact with the Russians.
                                                        he can hardly deny given that 3 (yes three) of them were sacked for that very reason

Comment

Bit conflicted after watching that press conference all the way through. Sure bits can be extracted from it that sound stupid, but the overall feel was of someone just giving off-the-cuff answers that were reasonably okay.
                                                          That was what happened the whole campaign, snippets were taken out, but he was doing hour long pressers off the cuff that very few people could match imo

Comment

Fact he's still bleating on about Clinton shows he never really entered the race with any intention/expectation of actually becoming president.

Comment

Can't help but wondering if it's a coincidence that Kayroo makes his return just a few hours after Hitch says "Mr Technically Correct"
                                                              oh look at Mr Technically Correct over there with his fancy numbering
                                                              Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                              Feels good to be back though.

Also, I watched John Wick last night. Enjoyable. Thanks whoever recommended it. Will probably watch the sequel now.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                Fact he's still bleating on about Clinton shows he never really entered the race with any intention/expectation of actually becoming president.
                                                                or any idea of what the job might actually entail

Still there is a winner in all this. GWB now looking like a political titan.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                  What would be an out of the box solution for someone (older folk, inlaws) who need basic telly, have internets. Point and click.
                                                                  sky latest offer basic tv 20 quid a month , whole contract . cant go wrong
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                    He registered MAGA years ago, he's already preparing for the 2020 campaign. He never had any intention/expectation of losing.

Comment

Very good documentary on rte1 there, well worth catching on the player, or +1 now. I had read a book on the guy before so knew his story, but was still good way to pass an hour.

Crash and Burn (T) Thu 22:15
                                                                      Documentary charting the story of professional motor racing driver Tommy Byrne, who during the 1980s went from stock-car racing to big-time Formula One in a little over four years. But while his rise was meteoric, his fall was just as spectacular.

Comment

Had some wonderful conversations over beverages with Andy last week. Ever since, his Trump/election postings have improved bigly. Can finally see him starting to really work across the ailes. Kudos. Closet Trump fan anyhow.
                                                                        Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 16-02-17, 23:49.

Comment

I'm not sure if you lads are trolling or whatnot but Trump uses both the word 'bigly' and the term 'big league' at times, not just one or the other.

Comment

Is Bigly not a Scottish thing and his mother was a Scot?

Comment

Jaw dropping funny/scary.

One intractable problem. One incredible mind. A one or two-state solution, you know, whatever.Keep up with the scandal-free White House with brand new episod...

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                Spoilt? Really?

We've watched our team have 7 consecutive R16 exits from the Champions League. Bar our 2nd place in a joke of a season last year, finished 3rd or 4th in the 10 previous seasons. 2 FA Cup wins and no other finals in 10 years. 2 final defeats in the league cup in 10 years.

As a business, fantastic. They are in the top 5 of the richest clubs in the world. On the pitch, 90% of Arsenal fans aren't happy with the form above in any way shape or form. It's definitely not good enough for a team that should have the ability to compete in all competitions. It's been a ridiculously frustrating decade supporting Arsenal. Very few highs and so many lows. Wenger will only go when he is ready, and that come be at the end of this season. I think our squad is pretty decent this season with some good cover and competition for places (although still lack some strength in depth at the back). It's the same old Arsenal though when we get into spots where there's a small glimpse of light, we go and lose at home to Watford, and scrape a 3-3 draw with Bournemouth.
                                                                                Spoilt may be a bit strong, but that performance is nothing to sneeze at and a lot of fans from other clubs would love to have that rather than watching their teams in regulation fights etc...

Should also note that was also acheived while his hands were tied in transfer market due to the stadium rebuild etc. He never had a particularly great team for a long time and did well getting the most out of the limited players he had.
                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Seems like we may yet have the annual luncheon with the Hitch clan. France back in favour after fevered negotiations.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                                    Very good documentary on rte1 there, well worth catching on the player, or +1 now. I had read a book on the guy before so knew his story, but was still good way to pass an hour.

Crash and Burn (T) Thu 22:15
                                                                                    Documentary charting the story of professional motor racing driver Tommy Byrne, who during the 1980s went from stock-car racing to big-time Formula One in a little over four years. But while his rise was meteoric, his fall was just as spectacular.
                                                                                    Speaking of good documentaries, i missed this one last night.

Best non intrusive way to watch BBC for Malta anyone?

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                    Spoilt may be a bit strong, but that performance is nothing to sneeze at and a lot of fans from other clubs would love to have that rather than watching their teams in regulation fights etc...

Should also note that was also acheived while his hands were tied in transfer market due to the stadium rebuild etc. He never had a particularly great team for a long time and did well getting the most out of the limited players he had.
                                                                                    I don't buy into the hands tied in the transfer thing as most people. Yeah, he couldnt spend whatever we wanted, but he still had a decent warchest to go after players. In the past decade (and not including the €15m+ he spent on players like Cazorla, Nasri, Cech, Ox etc that have made an impact on the team), he bought players like these that didn't add a lot, or else haven't settled in yet.

Vermaelen 12m
                                                                                    Elneny 12m
                                                                                    Eduardo 14m
                                                                                    Gabriel 15m
                                                                                    Hleb 15m
                                                                                    Debuchy 15m
                                                                                    Podolsko 15m
                                                                                    Arshavin 17m

In the past 3 seasons, he also spent quite a chunk on these guys:

Ozil 47m
                                                                                    Xhaka 45m
                                                                                    Sanchez 42m
                                                                                    Mustafi 40m
                                                                                    Perez 20m
                                                                                    Welbeck 20m
                                                                                    Chambers 20m

He's had plenty at his disposal to be challenging for the title. Arsenal aren't an Everton/Southampton type club that would be delighted with a top 5 finish, and they aren't even part of the Big 3/4 that used to rule the Premiership with Liverpool and Spurs looking like a stronger unit than them. On the field, they are probably the most under achieved club in Europe in the last decade.

Comment

Decided on the Dordogne. Handy drive to Bordeaux wine country, if one was so inclined.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                        Is Bigly not a Scottish thing and his mother was a Scot?
                                                                                        Never in my life have I heard or used the term Bigly!

Comment

Was out in The Regency for the poker yesterday. Pretty grim spot. No water in the hotel for guests, jugs of water sent to rooms to wash teeth lol. Poker players pissing in bushes due to aversement to the hum in the jacks. Back today or more!

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                            I spent some time just outside Dordogne region, close enough that I used to pop into Castillon for a spot of lunch. Handy spin to Saint Emillion and I also went about 45km south to Sauternes for a morning. I based myself in a little village called Saint Vincent de Pertignas. Decent auld drive off the boat but definitely manageable.
                                                                                            Will break up the drive overnight both ways. Three kids in a car for 800km+ in one day is not a good idea

Comment

Hope you're wearing gloves Dice!

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Feb 7th: We'd like to invite you for interview...please confirm
                                                                                                    Feb 8th: I confirm.
                                                                                                    Feb 8th: Thanks for confirming.
                                                                                                    Feb 17th: Regarding my email of February 7th, please confirm you will come for the interview.

Why is almost everyone so bad at life?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                      Feb 7th: We'd like to invite you for interview...please confirm
                                                                                                      Feb 8th: I confirm.
                                                                                                      Feb 8th: Thanks for confirming.
                                                                                                      Feb 17th: Regarding my email of February 7th, please confirm you will come for the interview.

Why is almost everyone so bad at life?
                                                                                                      Public sector? Hardly surprising if so!

But yay interview?!
                                                                                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

@5Star

Not a huge amount to add really as the lads have got it covered.

- Draw out a plan of the house and in each room point out exactly where you want the ports.
                                                                                                        - Make sure everything is labelled, tested and signed off afterwards.
                                                                                                        - When dropping cables its as easy to drop 4 as 1. Never drop one cable as a general rule. Think of growth and potentially adding more devices to each room down the line.
                                                                                                        - Unifi/Ubiquity APs get a +1 from me. Set one up in the CEOs gaff last year and it works really well.
                                                                                                        - When getting a cabinet or rack, make sure you have room for expansion.
                                                                                                        - Buy a decent UPS to protect your kit in the cabinet/rack.
                                                                                                        - For your switch:
                                                                                                        * Make sure you leave more than enough ports for extra devices down the line. If you have counted 20 ports used up, buy a 48 port or 2x 24port switches.
                                                                                                        * Get a PoE switch so that you can power access points or IoT stuff directly from CAT6.

Comment

Hope you're wearing gloves Dice!
                                                                                                          Might go full tinfoil and wear a mask today too!

Thankfully the water was back on by the time i got there for late reg

Comment

So it arrived.. Size of the bottle ffs. Anyhow I have just placed 15 drops under my tongue, it's rank very oily. Will update later

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Ah I get it now, he was trying to distract from the latest descent into chaos when Flynn's replacement Harward withdrew because he was told he would be only allowwed to do what Bannon told him to do.

Teremendous winning, going to be sick of all this winning, maybe he can hire the Mormon Tabarnacle Choir

That was what happened the whole campaign, snippets were taken out, but he was doing hour long pressers off the cuff that very few people could match imo
                                                                                                              To what end? The campaign is over he is president now.
                                                                                                              But President of what there is no government hust a succession of leatherbound tweets, there is some sort of an anarchy at the centere of power whose main focus right now appears to be keeping him happy by selling the daughter he fancies tat.

What happened to the Muslim travel ban that was so imperative to national security and was going to be re issued last Monday

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                                Public sector? Hardly surprising if so!

But yay interview?!
                                                                                                                Yea...would rather stay in DCU tbh...will have an interview for here in about 2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                  Was out in The Regency for the poker yesterday. Pretty grim spot. No water in the hotel for guests, jugs of water sent to rooms to wash teeth lol. Poker players pissing in bushes due to aversement to the hum in the jacks. Back today or more!
                                                                                                                  Jaysus..... cash games any good? Think I'll stick to the Fitz later.

Comment

Worst Regency experience, a used syringe in the room.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                      They must have put in a gr8 tender to get all that business from the govt.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        Ah I get it now, he was trying to distract from the latest descent into chaos when Flynn's replacement Harward withdrew because he was told he would be only allowwed to do what Bannon told him to do.

Teremendous winning, going to be sick of all this winning, maybe he can hire the Mormon Tabarnacle Choir

To what end? The campaign is over he is president now.
                                                                                                                        But President of what there is no government hust a succession of leatherbound tweets, there is some sort of an anarchy at the centere of power whose main focus right now appears to be keeping him happy by selling the daughter he fancies tat.

What happened to the Muslim travel ban that was so imperative to national security and was going to be re issued last Monday
                                                                                                                        any breakfast?

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X