Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      #FakePeoplePolls

He's too intelligent for them all it must be. They wouldnt get him
      airport, lol

Comment

This is incredible stuff.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 16-02-17, 19:00. Reason: Hmm muslimism doesn't seem like a word...
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

If you think he has actually ever said 'bigly', then the joke is on you.

Comment

Never actually watched one of his press confs before.insane and hilarious in equal measure

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                  This is incredible stuff.

truly
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Rallies not alleys no?

Comment

That was fantastic
                      airport, lol

Comment

Comment

No in fairness Denny called it spot on, it was fantastic. Only caught glimpses so going to stream the full thing now.
                          Onlt seen 30 mins of it, need to watch from the start
                          airport, lol

Comment

"The leaks are real, the news is fake."
                            brilliant
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

So he's gone from loving leaks and enjoying the content to hating leaks and calling them fake?

Enjoyable.

Comment

34 out of 100 people Americans think this incoherent imbicile is a good communicator
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                  Really, you serious? The man is stability personalized. Constantly qualifies for champion league, not a reckless spender, team is always near the top of the table. Think a lot of liverpool fans and a host of other clubs wouldnt mind having arsenal record from the the last decade or so. Arsenal fans are spoilt... they will quickly miss him when he leaves imo.
                                  Spoilt? Really?

We've watched our team have 7 consecutive R16 exits from the Champions League. Bar our 2nd place in a joke of a season last year, finished 3rd or 4th in the 10 previous seasons. 2 FA Cup wins and no other finals in 10 years. 2 final defeats in the league cup in 10 years.

As a business, fantastic. They are in the top 5 of the richest clubs in the world. On the pitch, 90% of Arsenal fans aren't happy with the form above in any way shape or form. It's definitely not good enough for a team that should have the ability to compete in all competitions. It's been a ridiculously frustrating decade supporting Arsenal. Very few highs and so many lows. Wenger will only go when he is ready, and that come be at the end of this season. I think our squad is pretty decent this season with some good cover and competition for places (although still lack some strength in depth at the back). It's the same old Arsenal though when we get into spots where there's a small glimpse of light, we go and lose at home to Watford, and scrape a 3-3 draw with Bournemouth.

Comment

DP, Coillcam, anyone else.

I'm seeing an electrician in the morning with regard to the wiring of a new build house I'm buying which is only getting wired for the first time now. With regards to putting in as good a cabling solution as practical/possible. What I have so far, after consulting the broadband lads on boards, is that I'm going to ask for cat6 cabling throughout, going through a central comms box type thing, with 2 runs of cable to each room, or 4 to the main sitting/TV areas. I know cat5e would be good enough for everything I'd probably need, but might as well for the small extra cost go for the bigger capacity one.

Any suggestions for things to ask for other than the above? In terms of the main connection box/switch or whatever that will sit in the attic/utility room, what type of thing would be there? I assume it would just have one cable in from outside, and lots of cables out to be distributed throughout the house.

Will a setup like this allow me to have a media server type setup that I could access from anywhere in the house via wired or even wireless connection?

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                                      If you think he has actually ever said 'bigly', then the joke is on you.
                                      There is a possibility he attempted but wasn't able to articulate the phrase 'big league' but its irrelevant because what came out of his mouth was 'Bigly' and thats not in the top fifty things that identify him as a moron... it is one of the more comical things though.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                        Spoilt? Really?

We've watched our team have 7 consecutive R16 exits from the Champions League. Bar our 2nd place in a joke of a season last year, finished 3rd or 4th in the 10 previous seasons. 2 FA Cup wins and no other finals in 10 years. 2 final defeats in the league cup in 10 years.

As a business, fantastic. They are in the top 5 of the richest clubs in the world. On the pitch, 90% of Arsenal fans aren't happy with the form above in any way shape or form. It's definitely not good enough for a team that should have the ability to compete in all competitions. It's been a ridiculously frustrating decade supporting Arsenal. Very few highs and so many lows. Wenger will only go when he is ready, and that come be at the end of this season. I think our squad is pretty decent this season with some good cover and competition for places (although still lack some strength in depth at the back). It's the same old Arsenal though when we get into spots where there's a small glimpse of light, we go and lose at home to Watford, and scrape a 3-3 draw with Bournemouth.
                                        And that's exactly what a football club is there days. Sad and all as it is

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post

I'm seeing an electrician in the morning with regard to the wiring of a new build house I'm buying which is only getting wired for the first time now. With regards to putting in as good a cabling solution as practical/possible. What I have so far, after consulting the broadband lads on boards, is that I'm going to ask for cat6 cabling throughout, going through a central comms box type thing, with 2 runs of cable to each room, or 4 to the main sitting/TV areas. I know cat5e would be good enough for everything I'd probably need, but might as well for the small extra cost go for the bigger capacity one.

Any suggestions for things to ask for other than the above? In terms of the main connection box/switch or whatever that will sit in the attic/utility room, what type of thing would be there? I assume it would just have one cable in from outside, and lots of cables out to be distributed throughout the house.

Will a setup like this allow me to have a media server type setup that I could access from anywhere in the house via wired or even wireless connection?
                                            Nothing to do with what you asked but take a video / photos of the wiring before the walls are plastered.

Comment

Comment

WAlso Iran has all the prerequisites to be the Middle Eastern shining light
                                                Iran is a very young population, not a follower of extreme muslimism , And a near democracy , when all other (I think) countries in that region are monarchies/dictatorships. It has all the building blocks to be a decent friend to the West , and yet Trump seems obsessed with having them as the enemy.
                                                ummmm, no words
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The clue is in the name:

Comment

Did he say War is peace?

LOL isn't that a straight quote from 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      The clue is in the name:
                                                      The government and the people of Iran are very different things.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          The government and the people of Iran are very different things.
                                                          as with any country

Unfortunately Hitch was making sweepingly ludicrous statements about the country. If he'd gone on any longer, he'd have us believe it was the Norway of the Middle East.

Comment

Comment

There is an older generation that bought heavily into all that stuff, but their democratic moves and who they elect (admittedly from a very restricted group) are making it clear that that isn't the way the public actually think. They weren't even particularly religious before the whole Shah stuff.

They're not Western-normal, but they have a whole lot of potential to be Middle East normal. Especially as they've always considered themselves different to the rest of that region.

In any case, if a Western ally is needed in that region, then the historically very western Iran is a much much better bet than Saudi Arabia supplier of the world's terrorists and extremism.
                                                              Yes, 'very Western'.

that's the President by the way, not some fringe nutjob

Comment

as with any country
                                                                Not to the extent that it is there... the accomodation between people and the state there is the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

Give the Americans a couple of years of this assclown and they could be on a par

Comment

Comment

And indeed the government is now (very slowly) starting to follow the people. Anyone I know who's been there says its a surprisingly cool place, which I don't think anyone has ever said about any other Middle Eastern nation ever.
                                                                    as long as you is not a ghey

I doubt Taoiseach Leo would be welcome

Comment

Make sure they terminate and label them properly, helped a mate recently with this and the sparks pulled the cables and left them hanging in a big bundle in his utility room.

You cant pull too much CAT6 cable tbh, had a long argument about this pre-build and I got my way. The CCTV system he was never going to want his missus now wants, and the cabling being there already will make it a 1 day job max. Leave room for a medium sized equipment rack, can put Sky box, media server, internet comes into there and distributed through house. Get a few Unifi Access points, power them over the CAT6 makes life dead easy.
                                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Comment

When my Father starts off telling me stories about the Thirties and before he gets from his aunt to what her maiden name was there is a fifteen minute diversion that could take you to John McCormack singing for the pope via a horse that won a flapper in Sligo it would make more sense and be more rational than that press conference.

Getting increasingly hard to believe he's not a secret drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post

What is your TV solution?

Im going for quad-mulitplex faceplates in each room. That means each room needs two cables (satellite cables) which will give 2x sat outputs, tv output, and fm output. Those cables go back to a single point where there is effectively a "satellite" switch fed by an octo (I think) lnb.
                                                                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

...

Comment

* oil producer
                                                                                * vast sovereign wealth fund
                                                                                * doesn't like arabs

its not a bad analogy!
                                                                                1. executes homosexuals
                                                                                2. oppresses women
                                                                                3. ruthlessly suppresses any opposition
                                                                                4. funds proxy terrorism all over the ME

not quite Oslo with beards and burqas

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                  Make sure they terminate and label them properly, helped a mate recently with this and the sparks pulled the cables and left them hanging in a big bundle in his utility room.

You cant pull too much CAT6 cable tbh, had a long argument about this pre-build and I got my way. The CCTV system he was never going to want his missus now wants, and the cabling being there already will make it a 1 day job max. Leave room for a medium sized equipment rack, can put Sky box, media server, internet comes into there and distributed through house. Get a few Unifi Access points, power them over the CAT6 makes life dead easy.
                                                                                  I was looking at those unifi things alright, seem pretty good. In terms of the sky box though, silly question perhaps, but how could I leave that in the equipment rack, which I assume would be in the attic or out of sight anyhow. How would I change channel?

Comment

By the same token theres a few African Christian countries he wouldn't be welcome in.

I'm just saying the fundamentals of Iran are way stronger than any other Middle Eastern country if it continues to go in the modernising direction.
                                                                                    Dude

it's fundamentalists

and Kayroo only returned today, what are you trying to do to the poor man?

Comment

And indeed the government is now (very slowly) starting to follow the people. Anyone I know who's been there says its a surprisingly cool place, which I don't think anyone has ever said about any other Middle Eastern nation ever.
                                                                                      It is very slow and we only get to meet Enflish speakers mostly from North Tehran.
                                                                                      In all our disgust at and contempt for Trump and the Republicunt enablers, it is only that we care about Democracy, America and what it stands for and are terrified of the damage he could do.
                                                                                      The Iranian state is a truly horrible, despicable regime.

I'd add that they have been well and truly cornered and are probably causing less trouble in the outside world at the moment than our 'partners' in Saudi and Qatar
                                                                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 16-02-17, 21:01.

Comment

which neat piece of wit I think settles this whole thing

I picture Hitch like this right now (I am the standy-uppy guy obv)

Comment

...

Comment

Leo's emphasis on the words 'Fifteen years' in his interview was class

Comment

...

Comment

that's Muhammad
                                                                                                emmm, that was the joke

Comment

...

Comment

Nearly 10 years of reading Raoul's posts on current affairs and still not sure if I trust his commentary 😊

Comment

Hdmi can run over cat6, Infrared on same cable. €30 odd off amazon
                                                                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                        Nearly 10 years of reading Raoul's posts on current affairs and still not sure if I trust his commentary 😊
                                                                                                        Unfortunately I'm right on this one. Just ask gholi

Comment

Anyway, onto more important matters. Trying to decide which country should be given the benefit of our patronage this summer as we are not going to France yet again.

Austria seems like a runner, or even Southern Germany. Anyone been with kids to either locations, any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                            Hdmi can run over cat6, Infrared on same cable. €30 odd off amazon
                                                                                                            I'll need a link to this magic thing I'm afraid.

Comment

oh holy shit

just watching the Trump press conference. Not sure whether to or

Comment

Anyway, onto more important matters. Trying to decide which country should be given the benefit of our patronage this summer as we are not going to France yet again.

Austria seems like a runner, or even Southern Germany. Anyone been with kids to either locations, any tips?
                                                                                                                Every year I think these things and just end up going to France because France.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                  Every year I think these things and just end up going to France because France.
                                                                                                                  yeah but French people

you see my point

Comment

yeah but French people

you see my point
                                                                                                                    Ah the further you radiate from Paris the nicer they are. Can't imagine you'll get much more craic out of ze Germans or Austrians.

Comment

Your tv solution will direct a lot of your design Dom.
                                                                                                                      pretty much any advice I would give has already been given above. I'm assuming you are looking at a NAS server for media instead of Kodi/cloud solution (just going by your posts) why not the latter?

Comment

A girl I work with went to Italy to a place not too far from Venice, and they have kids aged 7 and 9 I think, and it was enjoyed by all. You want me to find out more details?

Comment

insane

Last edited by DeadParrot; 16-02-17, 21:45.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X