This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
    \Does this mean we're better than Barca?
    nope

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Reagan was most certainly not an idiot.
      Maybe not but neither was he a genius or top ten Prez you make him out to be.

He was extraordinarly lucky. It was an accident of history that he stumbled into the time of Gorbachov after he almost gave the hardline Russians an out with his criminal misadventures in Central America. Also should get full credit for creating the jihadist monster by dealing with the worst Afghanistan had to offer.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

At least they are still in with a shout for the Top 4 Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
          I wouldn't count on it.....

Probably wont beat sutton at the weekend either

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
            Big game coming up away to Sutton on Saturday first. We usually get dumped out of 2 cups in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              Arsenal are really making an Arsenal of this tie.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                Maybe not but neither was he a genius or top ten Prez you make him out to be.

He was extraordinarly lucky. It was an accident of history that he stumbled into the time of Gorbachov after he almost gave the hardline Russians an out with his criminal misadventures in Central America. Also should get full credit for creating the jihadist monster by dealing with the worst Afghanistan had to offer.
                I can see how Denny would play this.

But also don't want to jeopardise future meat supply.

Conflicted.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Really enjoyed rule number 6 in RD3 tipping thread. Real authoritative feel to it. Dead right

6. All my decisions are final and any disagreement is pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                    Really enjoyed rule number 6 in RD3 tipping thread. Real authoritative feel to it. Dead right
                    6. All my decisions are final and any disagreement is pointless.
                    Oh yes. Authoritative is what you get. And Rule 6 covers all bases.

For example: guff.

Authoritative.

Comment

I can see how Denny would play this.

But also don't want to jeopardise future meat supply.

Conflicted.
                      Rule 6 is my rule

Ronnie did have some quality people behind him, unfortunately for him he was being driven by the spiteful little weasel he was married to.

Comment

Are there any recent neutral accounts of the Regan years that are accurate and readable not too academic you could recommend?

Comment

Are there any recent neutral accounts of the Regan years that are accurate and readable not too academic you could recommend?
                          Try this

Comment

Oh yes. Authoritative is what you get. And Rule 6 covers all bases.

For example: guff.

Authoritative.
                            Ha. Brilliant. Didn't even remember that. Wp

Comment

I think Enda wins the luckiest politician ever award. How the fuck is he still Taoiseach.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                I think Enda wins the luckiest politician ever award. How the fuck is he still Taoiseach.
                                I find it weirder that Arsene Wenger is still in his job.
                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                  I find it weirder that Arsene Wenger is still in his job.
                                  Really, you serious? The man is stability personalized. Constantly qualifies for champion league, not a reckless spender, team is always near the top of the table. Think a lot of liverpool fans and a host of other clubs wouldnt mind having arsenal record from the the last decade or so. Arsenal fans are spoilt... they will quickly miss him when he leaves imo.
                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

One of the shrewdest backroom operators around, helped too that Bruton's coup was so badly botched.

Comment

Can't see where all the plaudits for Manchester by the Sea are coming from. Is Casey Affleck even capable of playing anyone other than an awkward, beset upon average Joe?

6/10
                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                        One of the shrewdest backroom operators around, helped too that Bruton's coup was so badly botched.
                                        Agree to a certain extent, but very lucky that the election threw up a result whereby his party could lose something like a third of its seats and not only not get sacked but end up in power and become that party's first leader to retain power after an election.

Lucky then that the party who are keeping him in power know that they will most likely need the arrangement to be reciprocated after the next G.E. So even after his performances on media and the Dail in the last week they still have to prop him up.

Interesting to hear a F.G. Senator on Pat Kenny say earlier that " we have to accept there will be an election by the end of this year". I think it was Hitch posted PP's odds of around 8/15 on an election this year , it's 1/5 now. Having survived this week I can't really see what Fianna Fail would bring them down on before the budget and even if they found something in the budget ( which they will have seen in advance) to pull their support over it would most likely be 2018 before an election was held. 6/1 2018 and 10/1 2019.

Fianna Fail most seats after next G.E. 1/2 free money.

Comment

Four more years, four more years
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Leo has the knife out. Gone by Easter.

Think FF have fucked up here. Leo will destroy Martin in debates.

Comment

Fianna Fail most seats after next G.E. 1/2 free money.
                                                  What will you give me FG to be largest?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                    Exactly. And yet given his background he could have been. I don't agree with a lot of things he did and yet he was competent doing them. Maybe due to having a good team too (e.g. Bush). But Trump seems to have neither the ability, the humility to learn, or the strong team to fall back on.
                                                    Some of Reagan's key support base (California GOP) were as nutty as today's Tea Party.

He was still able to pull in millions upon millions of 'Reagan Democrats', sometimes by rather disgusting dog-whistle means but mainly due to his innate ability to distill the complex down to the simple. He wasn't called The Great Communicator for nothing.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Eoin O'Malley on twitter was saying he got Leo as next FG leader back in 2009 at 33/1. I think my bet on Simon is much more of a certainty. FG don't have enough modern TDs to support Leo versus a suitably steeped in history Coveney who is clearly also competent.
                                                          Leo apparently is confident of having the numbers now Fitzgerald is out of contention

Comment

Comment

Eoin O'Malley on twitter was saying he got Leo as next FG leader back in 2009 at 33/1. I think my bet on Simon is much more of a certainty. FG don't have enough modern TDs to support Leo versus a suitably steeped in history Coveney who is clearly also competent.
                                                              You can never be trusted to have the names of these guys correct so this post could almost mean anything.

Are you definitely talking about Coveney and not Harris? You said before you thought Harris would be next man in.

I would like to see Coveney myself just from a 'seems like a good egg' pov.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Harris comes across as way too annoying to be leader surely?

Comment

What will you give me FG to be largest?
                                                                      2/1.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                          We ran out of internet in 2016, had to go back and restart the game. Thank god for the Trump bonus expansion pack
                                                                          lol

So Enda survived 57 votes to 52

The price of this is

Garda whistleblower Sgt Maurice McCabe has said if he could turn back time he "probably would not do it all again" because of how he was treated during "eight years of constant abuse."

Kenny

Kenny: "I was mistaken in my account of the sequence of contacts... this was an unintentional error for which I apologise to the House"

Comment

Comment

2/1.
                                                                              €100 @ 2/1 pls

Comment

€100 @ 2/1 pls
                                                                                Booked.

not bad. 13/8 on pp, but given FF are 1/2, then FG at 2/1 makes it a fair book
                                                                                News probably hasn't reached PP towers that RDIII has given them the kiss of death.

Comment

Haven't we learned sufficiently over the last few years that we should judge leaders on competence, not whether we would like to have a beer with them? Bertie was repeatedly reelected because he was a man of the people. Harris is clearly extremely talented. Just a bit young for the leadership.
                                                                                  No! Leaders no matter how talented that have a demeanour and voice that pisses people off don't make good leaders. Joan Burton Q.E.D.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Its scary the amount of peoples destinies he determines with these bets. Poor Marco had never even sweated before hearing that the RD money was on him right before that debate.
                                                                                          Who remembers Scott Walker now? Ha!

Comment

Its scary the amount of peoples destinies he determines with these bets. Poor Marco had never even sweated before hearing that the RD money was on him right before that debate.
                                                                                            I don't follow Yankee politics but seem to remember him saying Hilary was unelectable a long way out when I was considering backing her at evens, He's not all bad!

What's wrong with his voice?! Don't know anything about his demeanor, but I know a lot of people who have met him who only have the absolutely best things to say about him (back when he had the finance role). And some of these are people who normally only have the worse things to say about politicians.
                                                                                            Maybe its just me but he seems to have the same condescending tone for every situation. That and my 10 year old says he looks like the child snatcher out of Chitty Chitty bang bang.

Could it be that he has done so many things by the age of 30 compared to the rest of us that thats what really pisses people off?!
                                                                                            Oh yeah , and this the little prick.

Comment

not bad. 13/8 on pp, but given FF are 1/2, then FG at 2/1 makes it a fair book
                                                                                              That assumes that FF at 1/2 is a fair price, but that's not obviously not correct.

Basic maths, but 13/8 v 2/1 looks like a 105% book. Dividing the odds by 105% comes to
                                                                                              4/7 and 7/4

Comment

Its a really tough choice for FG, they do have a much stronger team to pick from than any of the other parties.
                                                                                                Leo probably represents the best chance of making a breakthrough towards a younger electorate who can't all be as stupid as the number of SF/IRA and deranged utopians being elected would indicate. The deep conservatism of the people doing the voting might see them picking Coveney.

Comment

Enda resigning or being pushed in the next few days is expected now according to the news outlets. Hardly a shock I guess.

Comment

Anyone any experience with polymyalgia? Me da is in fecking ribbons with it and I'm at this stage willing to try anything.
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                      Anyone any experience with polymyalgia? Me da is in fecking ribbons with it and I'm at this stage willing to try anything.
                                                                                                      It's an autoimmune inflammation condition right? I've no experience with it but treating inflammatory conditions is one of the selling points of medical marijuana and extracts, like CBD.
                                                                                                      You can buy CBD online, made in Ireland. For use with a vape pen and probably other means. Worth a shot at the very least imo.

Comment

...

Comment

Its a really tough choice for FG, they do have a much stronger team to pick from than any of the other parties.
                                                                                                          Leo probably represents the best chance of making a breakthrough towards a younger electorate who can't all be as stupid as the number of SF/IRA and deranged utopians being elected would indicate. The deep conservatism of the people doing the voting might see them picking Coveney.
                                                                                                          Fianna Fail didn't run enough candidates last time, Fine Gael will run too many next time. Shinners will hold all the seats they have and with some better vote management should make some gains , mainly from Independents. The " Independents are great" brand will be badly tarnished by their brief spell in government. I don't think its too far a stretch to see the Shinners as second biggest party after the next election.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                            It's an autoimmune inflammation condition right? I've no experience with it but treating inflammatory conditions is one of the selling points of medical marijuana and extracts, like CBD.
                                                                                                            You can buy CBD online, made in Ireland. For use with a vape pen and probably other means. Worth a shot at the very least imo.
                                                                                                            I've been slowly introducing a vaporiser but not cbd...
                                                                                                            My look at that actually

Comment

My look at that actually
                                                                                                              Just reminded... I heard it's great for anxiety so just took the plunge.

Just a bit wary, don't want to be high off it like in work? I I have idea what to do with it. Vape or drops under tongue?
                                                                                                              Be great to drop the valuim if this works.

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

My look at that actually
                                                                                                                Could hit the bong
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                  Enda resigning or being pushed in the next few days is expected now according to the news outlets. Hardly a shock I guess.
                                                                                                                  He might set a date for a leadership election in the next few days but no way is he gone as Taoiseach before Paddies day, it would be crazy to send out anyone else to be infected by the plauge that is Trump.

Comment

Bach's rescue remedy is good @sat

Also there is a homemade anxiety blend oil I have I bought it from a girl who makes her own. https://draxe.com/essential-oils-for-anxiety/

You can experiment with making your own.

I thought i would share this

Sergei Polunin"Take me to Church" by HozierDirected by David LaChapelleChoreography by Jade Hale-Christofi

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                                                      Bach's rescue remedy is good @sat

Also there is a homemade anxiety blend oil I have I bought it from a girl who makes her own. https://draxe.com/essential-oils-for-anxiety/

You can experiment with making your own.

I thought i would share this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-tW0CkvdDI
                                                                                                                      Bachs rescue remedy is useless. Iv tried all their products.
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

I am really sorry. I can empathize I struggle with anxiety too.

I got an anxiety blend oil and use asmr relaxation. It's not for everyone though.
                                                                                                                        I try to deal naturally.
                                                                                                                        Everyone has their own way though

Sorry you are in pain Dead parrot.

Comment

Rescue remedy is just brandy. Cheaper to buy a naggin.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X