This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
    I have paying a direct debit to a charity for many years since mother died from heart attack at 58 yrs old, I am 5 yrs away from that now! ( Chest, Heart and Stroke)
    I have been considering changing to another charity but worried that if I do I will get a heart attack or stroke. How does one get rid of this mindset?
    Open up your online banking and stop the direct debit right now!

Done!.....?

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
        Lol, that's a funny pic mate, but "unseemly feelings", come on man WTF is that?
        ?

Website?

Image search spat it up!

I'm not spending that much time slagging you, I save that effort for others

Comment

Sorry for your loss Ole!

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
            Well I'll let you in on a little secret: there are bigger problems in the world than Islamic Terrorism. You are generally safe to leave your house without being killed by one of the 1 billion muslamic infidels. You have a greater chance of accidentally drowning in your own bathtub than being killed in a terrorist attack.

Now, in my opinion, the morally correct response to the Syrian Refugee Crisis, for instance, is to welcome as many as possible in to the country. These people have nothing. They are not all trying to get in to start up some terrorist cells. Even if it increased the chances of some sort of terror attack, it is still the right thing to do.

Eh ok, a different subject but as you brought it up I'm glad we agree on something.

I don't know why you have such a hard-on for Trump, but it's pretty clear from your post history that you do. I would understand disliking Clinton, but to do so in such a way as to use Clinton's flaws to vindicate Trump is laughably retarded (I've not data to back that bit up, that's just my opinion).
            Well your opinion is wrong. While it's true I don't like Clinton, I never said I supported Trump, in fact I said I said I didn't like him on numerous occasions. Criticizing Clinton doesn't equal Trump supporter, and vice versa.
            And any criticisms I directed at Clinton were met with counter comparisons to Trump so you can't say I was doing anything different than what other people were doing. i.e. they were pointing out Trumps flaws to vindicate Clinton.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
              ?

Website?

Image search spat it up!

I'm not spending that much time slagging you, I save that effort for others
              Nah, it wasn't you mate, the previous poster said that about me. I hate when someone tries to tell me how I feel or how I should feel, nobody has the right to do that (except the missus obv.)

Comment

Sorry to hear that Ole. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                  Now, in my opinion, the morally correct response to the Syrian Refugee Crisis, for instance, is to welcome as many as possible in to the country. These people have nothing. They are not all trying to get in to start up some terrorist cells. Even if it increased the chances of some sort of terror attack, it is still the right thing to do.
                  If that was Hillary's position at least it would be an ethos. Instead she dodged and handwaved and pretended there was no such possiblity that islamists and jihadists might be disguising themselves as refugees. And Trump rightly roasted her for it, to great effect.

I don't know why you have such a hard-on for Trump, but it's pretty clear from your post history that you do. I would understand disliking Clinton, but to do so in such a way as to use Clinton's flaws to vindicate Trump is laughably retarded (I've not data to back that bit up, that's just my opinion).
                  I'm not saying it was good decision making, but one think clear from the polling is that a ton of people who voted for Obama stayed at home this time. Harris offered one perfectly cromulent reason why.

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                  I know they exist. I just know they are lying to me. And are racist.
                  62m racists in America alone? Wow, that's a lot of people to shame. There won't be enough hours in the day.
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                    Yep, wasn't settled. Game kicked off a few minutes ago, gl me.
                    On over 2.5 goals for the scoop in Jong Ajax v MVV Maastricht.
                    1-1

Comment

Moby will make fools of ye all
                      airport, lol

Comment

Wow. ...PSG showing Barca how to play tonight. Should be about 10 up at this stage.

Comment

What do Barcelona and Linda McCarthy have in common?

The second leg is only for show.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                            What do Barcelona and Linda McCarthy have in common?

The second leg is only for show.
                            who?
                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                              who?
                              Heather Mills
                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                Any teas
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                  Any teas
                                  Bangers, mash, marrowfat peas, onion gravy.
                                  Last edited by eamonhonda; 14-02-17, 21:38.
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Bangers, mash, marrowfat peas, onion gravy.
                                    did ya get the linda vegan ones ones , I had nearly a whole box again tonight lol pure addictive
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/socia...gees-1.2969920 I saw this today..

Syrian Culture is part of world culture. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBhB9gRnIHE

If you think you know Islam read Rumi.

Muslims of the world. Love you wildly. Did you know that? The love of Rumi is certainly not for the faint hearted.

They want to invite guests into their home for tea. They want to donate a portion of their wage to anyone who needs it.

There are people of any creed not connected to the best of themselves. But many muslims....want to love you...the best of them do ..gay people white people ...grumpy people ...poor people rich people...Rumi goes mad with love for them ...and the world...

So read Rumi.

We who move in the eternal regions do not worry about borders or property here.

“Christian, Jew, Muslim, shaman, Zoroastrian, stone, ground, mountain, river, each has a secret way of being with the mystery, unique and not to be judged”
                                      ― Jalaluddin Rumi
                                      Humanity......we were meant for each other. We should hold each other to our bones.
                                      Last edited by Guest; 14-02-17, 22:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                        Anyone got a hot tub? How much would it cost to run one?
                                        ah heorr lol

whens the house party , whole bbv be up , just get a swimming pool altogether
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                          did ya get the linda vegan ones ones , I had nearly a whole box again tonight lol pure addictive
                                          Did I fuck
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Did I fuck
                                            I love meat but pleaseeee just buy one box and try and i come back and give me your views
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Father in law had one. Reckoned about €600 a year.

Comment

Very sorry to hear that Ole. Very tough time for you all.
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I love meat but pleaseeee just buy one box and try and i come back and give me your views
                                                  No no no. Veggies can fuck off if with their fake meat they made their choice they have to stick with it.
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

also - paint - what brand, type and where to buy? How much more expensive is Farrow and Ball?
                                                    Farrow and Ball is extremely expensive but really excellent quality. You would expect to pay c€100 per 5 litre.

Colourtrend in Celbridge is a great shop, they stock F&B but their own brand is just as good imo and less than half that price, in and around €40 per 5ltr. I've painted with both.

If that seems a little punchy still, you can get your F&B swatch, go into Fleetwood paints on the Davitt rd, get them to mix that exact colour and you will pay around €20 per 5ltr. The colour will be the same but there's a certain texture that you won't get. If you don't give much of a bollix about that well then Fleetwood would be the best value.

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Also, whatever you do if you do decide on one of the more expensive brands, ask your painter how much you will need and go buy it yourself.

The ould bould painters are renowned for making that can of Farrow last and last courtesy of a cheaper mix out in the van. Bit like the dodgy publican filling the Smirnoff bottles with Voddyvoskov.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                          Farrow and Ball is extremely expensive but really excellent quality. You would expect to pay c€100 per 5 litre.

Colourtrend in Celbridge is a great shop, they stock F&B but their own brand is just as good imo and less than half that price, in and around €40 per 5ltr. I've painted with both.

If that seems a little punchy still, you can get your F&B swatch, go into Fleetwood paints on the Davitt rd, get them to mix that exact colour and you will pay around €20 per 5ltr. The colour will be the same but there's a certain texture that you won't get. If you don't give much of a bollix about that well then Fleetwood would be the best value.
                                                          have always used fleetwood, washable too. great stuff
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Surely if it happens Mayweather will destroy McGregor in a regulation boxing match?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                              Surely if it happens Mayweather will destroy McGregor in a regulation boxing match?
                                                              I would assume McGregor won't last 3 rounds but the biggest payday he'll ever receive will cushion the fall nicely plus he has the advantage over Mayweather that losing won't impact his legacy in his own sport.

Comment

My uncle took these pics:

Take a look at this entry at iphotographeroftheyear.com. Discover the best photographers and great projects from all over the world. #iphotographeroftheyear

Comment

I put a lot of monies on psg barce over 2.5 and dortmund dnb. I dun goofed m8's, all my salary from working 2 jobs for past 6 months gone now. #banter
                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                    I would assume McGregor won't last 3 rounds but the biggest payday he'll ever receive will cushion the fall nicely plus he has the advantage over Mayweather that losing won't impact his legacy in his own sport.
                                                                    There'll be a massive court case if the fight agreement was signed. Fight won't happen unless UFC are on side and they won't be cause their starman would be knocked out.

McGregor wants the UFC to give him a massive payrise and is using this getting boxing licences and rumours about the fight being close to his advantage or if he gets lucky he gets a shot at Floyd to retire on.

Fight won't happen, McGregor will get a bigger % and show fee, will probably lose every second fight for the next few years and retire.

Comment

I have been considering changing to another charity but worried that if I do I will get a heart attack or stroke. How does one get rid of this mindset?
                                                                      Get a check up. The stopping paying wont increase you risk, in the same way that paying money to the charity is doing fuck all for your health. You obvious know this as you mentioned it, yet still can't shake the mindset.
                                                                      Get a check up.

Costs will vary depending on size, how often you use it etc.
                                                                      If you want to be able to jump in a short notice, or use it a few times a week, it's better to be left running. As they take ages to heat up. But letting it idle when not in use still costs money. The heater in a small 4-5 person tub is about the same a whats in a kettle so the actually running costs for keeping in hot all day is not crazy. I've seen $1-3 per day for power quoted on aussie sites.

Absolutely, not a doubt that Floyd wins in a boxing match.
                                                                      And it a non-contest for a MMA match (which would never happen).

This one is a win for their bank accounts, nothing else.

Comment

Sad state of affairs when joe.ie is outsmarting you lads.

Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 15-02-17, 01:06.
                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Ate a whole share bag of skittles in minutes. Night.

Comment

I would assume McGregor won't last 3 rounds but the biggest payday
                                                                            Floyd isn't know for finishing guys, he'll probably fight a super cautious fight. THe over/unders market would be interesting.

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                            There'll be a massive court case if the fight agreement was signed. Fight won't happen unless UFC are on side and they won't be cause their starman would be knocked out.
                                                                            UFC are already completely on side, they've offered to co-promote already and have offered them $25m each.

They won't give a shit about McGregor losing in boxing when it makes them $100m. If they could sell PPV race between McGregor and Usain Bolt they would. Losing either are about equally relevant to his MMA credibility.

Comment

also - paint - what brand, type and where to buy? How much more expensive is Farrow and Ball?
                                                                              Dulux is still one of the best.Their Paint machine offers all the Ral colours that Farrow and Ball use.
                                                                              F&B is the designers choice at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                Floyd isn't know for finishing guys, he'll probably fight a super cautious fight. THe over/unders market would be interesting.

.
                                                                                I agree, he's had 26 KOs but they're nearly all at lower weightclasses so he wouldn't be forcing it but I'd still fancy him to knock out McGregor

Comment

I agree, he's had 26 KOs but they're nearly all at lower weightclasses so he wouldn't be forcing it but I'd still fancy him to knock out McGregor
                                                                                  He will outbox him but not in a million years will he knock him out mcgregor has a granite chin look at the shots he took from Chad

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                    He will outbox him but not in a million years will he knock him out mcgregor has a granite chin look at the shots he took from Chad
                                                                                    Ah come on, you're comparing an unbeaten boxer to a UFC fighter with a 19-11 record who specialises in BJJ. The gap in ability will be huge.

Comment

Ah come on, you're comparing an unbeaten boxer to a UFC fighter with a 19-11 record who specialises in BJJ. The gap in ability will be huge.
                                                                                      Chads record is 17-4 aldo twice Conor and frankie being his 4 losses. He's predominantly a wrestler with legit knockout power.

Also I was just comparing power plus floyds hands are in bits.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                        Chads record is 17-4 aldo twice Conor and frankie being his 4 losses. He's predominantly a wrestler with legit knockout power.

Also I was just comparing power plus floyds hands are in bits.
                                                                                        My bad assumed you said Diaz. Either way same thing pretty much applies, no one McGregor ever fought can compare to Mayweather, it'll be a walk in the park for Mayweather

Comment

My bad assumed you said Diaz. Either way same thing pretty much applies, no one McGregor ever fought can compare to Mayweather, it'll be a walk in the park for Mayweather
                                                                                          Floyd is one of the greatest no question but Conor is the much bigger guy with more power and while I think he will be out boxed but if he catches him I think floyd will be in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post

Great photos. I imagine trying to get a picture of a badger is a frustrating affair.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                              Great photos. I imagine trying to get a picture of a badger is a frustrating affair.
                                                                                              Yeah a lot of camping out like a sniper waiting for the right shot.

Comment

...
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

My condolences Oleras
                                                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                    My favourite Twitter account. Some of them are pure gold if you know a bit about databases.
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Good to see you pushing the vegan food ha! Try these sausages if you get a chance, more expensive but amazing and made by Mrsflushdraws friend I think.

Comment

I see an American company ( Planet) launched 88 satellites yesterday on a single Indian rocket (104 satellites in total).
                                                                                                        They are about the size of a shoebox and will increase the network in use for earth imagary. It makes you wonder just how much we are being watched and how difficult it must be for astronauts to land back on earth without hitting some of these as well as other debris I assume which is floating out there.
                                                                                                        Science is cool and scary.
                                                                                                        I wonder will Trump tweet something about it claiming Making America Safe

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                          My favourite Twitter account. Some of them are pure gold if you know a bit about databases.
                                                                                                          e.g.

Comment

Condolences Ole.
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                              e.g.
                                                                                                              it's beautiful
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Mostly they were early in his career. Excluding Ortiz (obviously) his last "knockout" was Ricky Hatton 10 years ago, and that was really a TKO. Ricky was dropped twice, not knocked out properly.

Mayweather will dance around him with ease. But I can't see him hunting the KO. He might break him through attrition by the 8th or 9th. But don't think he'll spark him out with pillow gloves and brittle hands.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Ole, your poor mum. That will be so hard on her. Is anyone flying out to collect her?

Comment

John wick 2 incoming,still a bit of hope for decent action cinema,shaky cam and superhero flicks get fuckec
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 15-02-17, 12:10.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                      John wick 2 incoming,still a bit of hope for decent action cinema,shaky cam and superior flicks get fuckec
                                                                                                                      I loved the first one and obv got slated here for it
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

I loved the first one and obv got slated here for it
                                                                                                                        John Wick was brilliant, mindless action. Loved it.

Comment

I see an American company ( Planet) launched 88 satellites yesterday on a single Indian rocket (104 satellites in total).
                                                                                                                          They are about the size of a shoebox and will increase the network in use for earth imagary. It makes you wonder just how much we are being watched and how difficult it must be for astronauts to land back on earth without hitting some of these as well as other debris I assume which is floating out there.
                                                                                                                          Science is cool and scary.
                                                                                                                          I wonder will Trump tweet something about it claiming Making America Safe
                                                                                                                          1. We know where most of it is

2. Space is really big
                                                                                                                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X