Clear All

I'm depressed
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        Really don't see what the fuck an election would do towards either throwing any light on this or moving things forward for the whistleblowers.

SF/IRA screaming for an election anytime someone farts in a closed room. Posturing before policy and the rest of the detritus aren't even shrieking at the same intensity as their populist opportunist brothers in SF/IRA

I'd double dare any of our SF/IRA brethern to come on and explain why they think its better to divert the focus away from the Gardaí at this time. You'd think they of all people would want to see the institutions surrounding our police properly scrutinised.
        If they did their job in opposition correctly we might be able to get the root and branch reform that is needed and they may be able to earn some badly needed political credibility.
        Trying to follow this, you seem to be saying here that it's Sinn Fein's fault that the government are unwilling or unable to properly reform the guards - am I reading that right?

Can you flesh it out a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          Yeah! Can you imagine if companies were like government: a problem occurs and the solution is 'fire everyone and restart' as opposed to 'lets work out what the problem is and find a solution'
          I think you have an idealised notion of how companies operate.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
              I'm depressed
              You are a very important person. So you ok?

Comment

I've thankfully no real idea how companies operate except what i've seen in tv shows. My basic understanding is that everyone is ravishingly good looking and you end each hour on a dramatic cliffhanger.

btw reading that Amber series you were talking about in the book thread. Its very good.
                I've wondered how the main character comes across to someone reading the books for the first time. I've only ever listened to the audiobook read by the author himself who gives him a really strong sense of personality - wonder if it matches what comes across when reading on your own?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                    Strewelpeter, onto to more pressing matter than politics. I am sure RDIII can speak for himself but I will presume that he is also interested in your answer to this question.... When can we place an order for some cured meat?

Will be putting in an order in few weeks, I'll get a menu to you first.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                      Trying to follow this, you seem to be saying here that it's Sinn Fein's fault that the government are unwilling or unable to properly reform the guards - am I reading that right?

Can you flesh it out a bit?
                      All I'm saying is that effective opposition is one of the key ingredients in getting stuff done.
                      Screaming hysterically that we need a GE when you refused to even talk about forming a government a few months ago is a distraction from the hugely significant issue at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        All I'm saying is that effective opposition is one of the key ingredients in getting stuff done.
                        Screaming hysterically that we need a GE when you refused to even talk about forming a government a few months ago is a distraction from the hugely significant issue at hand.
                        Seems a bit thin. Realistically they are the only thing even approaching a functional opposition from a party POV at the moment.

It's a bizarre situation, TBH I think an election wouldn't be the worst idea as I doubt anyone wanted a set-up like the current one with a zombie Taoiseach, Fianna Fail as some sort of Greek chorus pseudo-government etc.

I take your point on the importance of opposition though, as PSV has been pointing out the only reason anything ever seems to get done is when Claire Daly and/or Mick Wallace get their teeth into something.

Comment

Donald Trump spreads a lot of false information thanks to his daily consumption of morning cable news. If only we could sneak some facts into the president’s...

Opr

Comment

John Oliver a shining example of the reasons Trump got elected. He embodies the American left's complete lack of desire to empathise with anyone who disagrees with them.

When he first started out pointing out bizzare things about America, there was a lot of low hanging fruit. At this point he's given up scraping the barrel and is just pandering to his audience.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                              You are a very important person. So you ok?
                              Just on the vids, that girl is really good. I really loved the fairy jar. My little one would love that I am sure.

The girl herself is like a disney character, nevermind her drawing herself as one lol.

Cheers for the vids. I love art, but I am a better copy artist than creative. I wish I was more creative though.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                I shudder to think what the loss is to the exchequer from Raoul's wine trips.
                                Average 150\180 bottles. Probably average price in Ireland €20. Tax is more than 50% of the price here so guess €1500+ lost to the exchequer per run.

Which of course adds greatly to my appreciation of the finished product. Literally cannot remember the last time I bought wine in the RoI. Must be at least 2012.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

French presidential hopeful Francois Fillon and his British-born wife Penelope will be indicted for fraud this week http://www.reuters.com/article/us-fr...-idUSKBN15R0ER.

If his party need to chose another candidate the cut of is March 17....they seem in a mess.

FF are ahead FG 11 points in the polls no doubt hugely to do with Tusla Gardaí McCabe scandal. SF have launched a motion of no confidence in the present govt because of said McCabe crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    In fairness those houses seem to be built already, with the purchasers moving in this autumn.
                                    Proper 2005 mania will be when people are queueing for days outside a field to buy from barely finalised plans with a 36 month build schedule.
                                    The main issue with camping out in order to buy a house first, is that when you finally move in, your neighbours are a bunch of weirdos who camped outovernight to buy their house.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                      Just on the vids, that girl is really good. I really loved the fairy jar. My little one would love that I am sure.

The girl herself is like a disney character, nevermind her drawing herself as one lol.

Cheers for the vids. I love art, but I am a better copy artist than creative. I wish I was more creative though.
                                      She makes tutorials for Disney.
                                      I think even colouring in is really therapeutic for adults.

Andy Trump got elected because Racism...I wouldn't let him babysit my kids if I had any ..nuff said.
                                      Last edited by Guest; 13-02-17, 13:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                        The main issue with camping out in order to buy a house first, is that when you finally move in, your neighbours are a bunch of weirdos who camped outovernight to buy their house.
                                        It's nice to have nice neighbours

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                          Don't delay!!

I see in last weeks calendar that Talbot Road is dead. Pity. That horse never got to show his ability.
                                          Gra will be upset to hear that, she's back from Austria this week with her leg in a sling after doing an MCL on the snow so there will be no chance of her messing up Dandridge's chance of glory this year
                                          They had very high hopes for Talbot Road from the start but he was impossible to keep sound. The day he won his maiden at Leopardstown I thought he would go on to be a superstar

Comment

Comment

This is the story of Mira Rai
                                              Meet Mira Rai—Nepal’s first female sports star and the 2017 National Geographic Adventurer of the Year. In this short film by Lloyd Belcher, follow Mira Rai'...

At 14 she became a child soldier. After years of trauma she managed to leave that life and discovered ultra running and won her very first race.

She is National Geographic's Adventurer of the year.

Comment

Comment

I wouldn't want to be able to empathize with the right in the USA right now.

You have a very naive idea of what it might be like to be a child soldier hitch. http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womeninth...s-of-violence/

Millions of children around the world are recruited to fight in wars. They are called child soldiers. Check out these 10 facts about child soldiers.

Child soldiers are children under the age of 18 who are recruited by armed groups who use children as shields, cooks, suicide bombers, fighters, spies, messengers and/or for sexual purposes
                                                  I really don't know how to put into words how traumatizing it must be.

Tainted victory? Are you insane?

She over came internal turmoil and all that shit ...and that is the real victory.

What did you think being a child soldier was like top gun ??

We have just spent the last few pages giving out about our own child protection agency...child protection ...starts with our own minds....and the way we see things.
                                                  Last edited by Guest; 13-02-17, 14:01.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Found out my old deeply religious relations in the US voted for Trump because he is pro-life. Made me chuckle.

Comment

Karl Pilkington first job was as a journalist for the Sun.
                                                          worked with XFM as a producer, at one point
                                                          Last edited by Guest; 13-02-17, 14:15.

Comment

I'd imagine there's a fair bit of exercise involved. You'd wonder if she would really be winning all these races if she had to race against other child soldiers.
                                                            to be fair, i think she did. it's a bit like win or die, so if she's still around, she must've run faster or smarter than the other kid soldiers.

Comment

Comment

Karl Pilkington is considering taking up poker.

Comment

Thats a good point, her future competitors were sitting in maths class while she was out working on her race strategy.
                                                                  If you keep ripping the piss i am going to keep ripping the piss. We need to laugh more on this forum.
                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 13-02-17, 14:26.

Comment

If you keep ripping the piss i am going to keep ripping the piss. We need to laugh more on this forum.
                                                                    You are very intense. You definitely need to see the humour in more posts.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                      You are very intense. You definitely need to see the humour in more posts.
                                                                      I am soooooooooo not intense. My voice is too squeaky.

Comment

Those who start young in sports burn out young and go weird. Same in show biz. for the most part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho7796-au8U

Comment

I am soooooooooo not intense. My voice is too squeaky.
                                                                          For example, I'm pretty sure that Hitch's reaction if he heard of children being conscripted into the army is not actually that they would have an unfair advantage should they become an athlete, however given the context of your post it was a humorous comment to make to suggest that was the nub of the issue, and an earnest reply about how terrible it is was the incorrect (albeit expected in this case) response.

Intense might be the wrong word though perhaps earnest would be more appropriate.
                                                                          Last edited by 6starpool; 13-02-17, 15:16. Reason: Left out some important words

Comment

Most convoluted sentence ever Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                              For example, I'm pretty sure that Hitch's reaction if he heard of children being conscripted into the army is that they would have an unfair advantage should they become an athlete, however given the context of your post it was a humorous comment to make, and an earnest reply about how terrible it is was the incorrect (albeit expected in this case) response.

Intense might be the wrong word though perhaps earnest would be more appropriate.
                                                                              Meep...guys I am gonna let you know ..of all people on all the forums on all the net.twitter etc..you are the most sane ...and poss the most sound ..except for the trump supporters...

I am not saying the competition was high...but ..you are the most sane.

Comment

Hi Tom.

Comment

I left out some important words it turned out. I blame this head cold for befuddling me. On the upside there is a bad smell in the office today (not related to me) which I can't really smell, so there is an upside.

Comment

...

Comment

Better cancel that plane ticket to Angola I just booked for my kid and go along with the 'its all a joke' line so
                                                                                      Just say disney is in angola.

Comment

I wonder how Brexit will affect poker in the UK and Ireland.

Comment

Meep...guys I am gonna let you know ..of all people on all the forums on all the net.twitter etc..you are the most sane ...and poss the most sound ..except for the trump supporters...

I am not saying the competition was high...but ..you are the most sane.
                                                                                          Sames mate.
                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post

I really mean it you are. Except for the Trump supporters.

But well Trump supporters on twitter ...will create a threatening collage of your profile pic.

Comment

Better cancel that plane ticket to Angola I just booked for my kid and go along with the 'its all a joke' line so
                                                                                              That day I found out Angola turned me down for a visa was an all time great.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                That day I found out Angola turned me down for a visa was an all time great.
                                                                                                Ha ha I got one!

Comment

....... Sigh
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

In fairness those houses seem to be built already, with the purchasers moving in this autumn.
                                                                                                    Proper 2005 mania will be when people are queueing for days outside a field to buy from barely finalised plans with a 36 month build schedule.
                                                                                                    I put down a holding deposit for a house 10 months ago for which the foundation work is still to start...
                                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

....... Sigh
                                                                                                      Come to Angola with me.

Comment

....... Sigh
                                                                                                        Long day Michelle?

Don't worry, only 7 more to go

Comment

Long day Michelle?

She's a hard worker.

Comment

Ha ha I got one!
                                                                                                            Rather you than me.

Comment

Angola isn't on most people's list of places to visit.

Comment

Come to Angola with me.
                                                                                                                I just want to lay like broccoli, im not going anywhere. And that sounds a fake place you made up

Long day Michelle?

Bitch.....

Yawwwwwnnnnnn
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

She's a hard worker.
                                                                                                                  Works hard, plays harder!

I just want to lay like broccoli, im not going anywhere. And that sounds a fake place you made up

Bitch.....

Yawwwwwnnnnnn
                                                                                                                  It will take a few days to get back to normal! just think of poor WK and Hansen and the aftermath of the visit

Comment

Works hard, plays harder!

It will take a few days to get back to normal! just think of poor WK and Hansen and the aftermath of the visit
                                                                                                                    Few days... Think maybe a month at least. I /we did drink approx 30 hours solid at one point. From the bed
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Few days... Think maybe a month at least. I /we did drink approx 30 hours solid at one point. From the bed
                                                                                                                      I know! I remember. You video phoned me

Comment

I know! I remember. You video phoned me
                                                                                                                        30 hour video call? Wow, you shoulda hung up.
                                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                          30 hour video call? Wow, you shoulda hung up.
                                                                                                                          That's a reality tv show.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X