Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To add insult to injury, I forgot to change my Fantasy World Cup team, so have absolutely fucked up my chances of making any cash.

Still have English players ffs.

Comment

Hopefully we get something exciting here. Been pretty impressed with Mark Bennett this world cup for the Scots, looks a bit special.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        To add insult to injury, I forgot to change my Fantasy World Cup team, so have absolutely fucked up my chances of making any cash.

Noticed that. You'd come back really strong as well.

Comment

In light of Ireland's capitulation I've decided that shrap can have his old name back.

Comment

An absolute disgrace. I don't know what was said in the dressing room / day's before / captain's meeting but to come out so flat in a huge game is unforgivable tbh. Deservedly beaten, no complaints. A whimpering end to the World Cup cycle and, as always becomes clear on the day it ends, the World Cup is THE marker.

Argentinian fans / players celebrated like they'd won the tournament. The lack of respect afforded to them by the Irish rugby public / media was enbarrassing. A real lack of humility amongst our fanbase tbh.

Angry.
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
              An absolute disgrace. I don't know what was said in the dressing room / day's before / captain's meeting but to come out so flat in a huge game is unforgivable tbh. Deservedly beaten, no complaints. A whimpering end to the World Cup cycle and, as always becomes clear on the day it ends, the World Cup is THE marker.

Argentinian fans / players celebrated like they'd won the tournament. The lack of respect afforded to them by the Irish rugby public / media was enbarrassing. A real lack of humility amongst our fanbase tbh.

Angry.
              What was a disgrace?
              Last edited by Emmet; 18-10-15, 15:15.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                I just can't believe Joe Schmidt has left out all this great, attacking talent which would allow us to play the expansive game we all want to see.
                Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                Yeah he's gotten more conservative since he's gone to the international level as that is what delivers in the 6Ns but it's not good enough against the SH.

Having said that we were missing 5 important players which might have papered over the flaws in a one off game.
                I think you are missing the point of CKids post

An absolute disgrace.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

What was a disgrace?
                  I just watched us get hammered in a World Cup qf after a largely gutless display.
                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

The lack of respect afforded to them by the Irish rugby public / media was enbarrassing. .
                    [citation required]

Comment

I just watched us get hammered in a World Cup qf after a largely gutless display.
                      Seriously?

Whatever it was happened today it was not gutless.

Comment

Oh. Thought you were talking about the rugby. Obviously not.

Comment

Scotland obv benefitting from receiving the Lucozade sport allocation of the other home nations

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                            Scotland obv benefitting from receiving the Lucozade sport allocation of the other home nations
                            Irn-bru is the only drink the scotts deem acceptable fwiw. The rest is all false advertising.

Comment

Do tesco mobile lock their payg phones to their network?

Comment

Crap I also completely forgot about that.

Comment

Oh. Thought you were talking about the rugby. Obviously not.
                                  Yeah whatever. I went to the match with a pile of people, "gutless" is a word doing the rounds. The first 20 mins was absolutely awful. So you can shove whatever philosophical bollocks you want to peddle.

Comment

Yeah whatever. I went to the match with a pile of people, "gutless" is a word doing the rounds. The first 20 mins was absolutely awful. So you can shove whatever philosophical bollocks you want to peddle.
                                    Perhaps when you've calmed down you can tell us exactly what we should have done differently in that first 20 minutes. Anything more substantive than 'have more guts' could be good.

That 'gutless' was doing the rounds in the echo chamber doesn't mean it's a useful term.

Comment

That first 20 was all about Argentina s skill, not Ireland s failings. The last 20 is where you lost the game.

Comment

Gutless? Can't imagine any player on any team not trying their best in a world cup. Taking a beating and not applying a consistent skill set but not gutless

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                          I'm in London next couple of weekends. Looking forward to the Celts exhibition in the British Museum and hoping to fit in Ai Weiwei ah the RA as well.

Highlight will be Dylan at the RAH on Saturday night with all the family and hopefully a semi Final in Twickenham on Sunday.

Looking for a Restaurant recommendation in the vicinity if the RAH that wouldn't be too expensive to feed about ten of us.
                                          The restaurant in the Rembrand hotel was decent food and reasonable prices. Not as far from the RAH.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          I genuinely don't know how to tell a 6 y/o what 'gay' is. I doubt I'm alone in this.
                                          Before Tony and I got this house I lived in a semi beside two gays.mi always said to the kids they were brothers. Lewis was 6 when I was chatting to one of the guys in the garden and was talking about Tony's CV as he was looking to move up. Lewis came up and just asked straight out "are you gay?" I was gobsmacked and embarrassed as he must have thought I had said it or something. So don't be surprised if he has a clue and wanted to see you squirm

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                          The worst part of this is going to be when the Scots win later on
                                          Trying to BBV my home team?

Comment

Fuck it lads we lost. Lots of reasons why. Players missing, mentally not switched on at the start, tactics too limited, media hype, Conor fucking Murray, whatever.

We'll have to go away and reassess and look deeply at what our plan is and try to improve. Sure if it was easy who'd care.
                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Lol at how bad that decision is.

Comment

Disgraceful decision. No way was that deliberate knock on.

Comment

Crazy harsh alright.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                    Lol at how bad that decision is.
                                                    If only we had Joubert today! Argies would have been down to 12!!
                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Ireland were done by the scheduling Lloyd.

We played France in an absolute war 7 days ago. We lost four key players via that game.

NZ and Argentina played each other four weeks ago, then had a soft coast into the quarters, both arriving in peak physical condition. France and us were beaten before each QF started due to.physical exhaustion.

The players gave everything they had imo but were fucked every which way by the tourament schedule. Mission Impossible in retrospect. The optimal play would have been to put our second XV out against France.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Thechamp will be having a very nice time watching this imo

Comment

Had a decent sweat there for a while

Only tournament bets were England to win () and both Scotland @24 and Argentina @ 15 to make the final
                                                          Attached Files

Comment

None of the attachments you have added today have been available for us to view Tony.

Comment

Thery're not out of it ... Aussies defence looking a bit tired

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                None of the attachments you have added today have been available for us to view Tony.
                                                                thats odd I'm doing what I always do. uploading attachment and copying link address into image

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                  Probably just as well or I'd have the aftertiming spears out!

Comment

Hoop fucking Laaaa

Comment

Oh wow

Comment

Wow

Comment

5 minute scrum

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                            Probably just as well or I'd have the aftertiming spears out!
                                                                            You are confusing aftertiming with BBV'ing

Comment

Profit before people.

Comment

Aus were in a war last week too. No coincidence this.

Comment

Gutless

Comment

Ireland were done by the scheduling Lloyd.

The players gave everything they had imo but were fucked every which way by the tourament schedule. Mission Impossible in retrospect.
                                                                                    We were one of only 4 teams who got 6 days between every game, and the increasing order of difficulty of games allowed us the perfect chance to 'time' the intensity of training.
                                                                                    Injuries unlucky obviously, but bizarre to call it a bad schedule - it was basically the dream schedule that you'd cherry pick.

Comment

I absolutely hate that law. It's accidental offside surely, and not offside!

Comment

However tough our day was.... Fucking hell I wouldn't like to be a Scot walking out of that ground

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                          We were one of only 4 teams who got 6 days between every game, and the increasing order of difficulty of games allowed us the perfect chance to 'time' the intensity of training.
                                                                                          Injuries unlucky obviously, but bizarre to call it a bad schedule - it was basically the dream schedule that you'd cherry pick.
                                                                                          Not a chance - Arg and NZ basically had 3 weeks off before the QFs

Comment

#Pray4MrsFlushy.

That was pretty sick.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                              Not a chance - Arg and NZ basically had 3 weeks off before the QFs
                                                                                              Yes, and when teams lose quarter finals after that sort of schedule it becomes conventional wisdom that they were undercooked from the groups, and that tough games give you an edge. Honestly not going to convince me it was anything other than a dream schedule for Ireland, but opinions etc.

Comment

Joubert once again is too implicated in a close result.

He's an absolute cunt.

Comment

Scotland throwing to the back at the final lineout is absolutely fucking batshit insane.

Basically the polar opposite of the England/Wales situation but equally awful.

Comment

Ah well fek it. Its best 4 teams in semis and some great match ups to come

Comment

That was 2 phenomenal games of rugby. End of story. Everybody wins, and this is what we love about sport. Well played everyone.
                                                                                                      Last edited by shrapnel; 18-10-15, 17:10.

Comment

Fuck, I prefer to lose the way we did rather than the way Scotland did. Heartbreaking stuff.
                                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Thechamp will be having a very nice time watching this imo
                                                                                                          That penalty at the end cost me thousands I'd imagine.

Comment

We started nervously, the Argies powered through those 1st 20 minutes, then we showed great GUTs to get back into the game to the point where it was 50/50, then a series of fuck ups cost us, Conor Murrays slip lost us a foothold at a vital stage and then our battered team began to feel the weight of those 1st 20 mins The gutless comment is zany and to back it up by saying sure that's what the others were saying is LOL. (prob Munsterheads looking for an angle as per usual) Mcgrath was a monster, a gutspewing monster, I thought he'd collapse with emotion.

Scotland, well played and even though I backed the Aussies I was cheering them home
                                                                                                            Aussies were a bit gutless (at least that was what the missus was saying in the background) . Shattered for the Scots , my heart sank when that silly peno was awarded, so fking harsh

Comment

Thought the first 20 mins was a bottle job - all down to mentality - injured players etc is no excuses in the first 20 mins all that requires is heart and doing the basics even the bad teams can keep it tight for 20-40 mins!!

After that yeah did well to get back into but were outclassed all over the park. Argies played with pace and confidence that we didn't have. Back to the drawing board.

Feels terrible.

Comment

RDIII...Do you often go to Kelly's in Clontarf for wine? Every decent bottle seems be ridiculously cheap by global standards, never mind Irish.

Got this for 50 bills today. Nearly all gone

Comment

What's funny is that as soon as ire get beaten people revert to munster leinster fans. To say Murray was shit but ignore Madigan is poor. We simply aren't good enough at that level. We threw the ball wide once everything else was slow deliberate stuff. Drunken one summed it up . best 4 teams in semi. Thanks for the rides lads, ye gave it your all .
                                                                                                                  Last edited by careca; 18-10-15, 19:14.

Comment

Thoughts on Dave Kearney?
                                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                      RDIII...Do you often go to Kelly's in Clontarf for wine? Every decent bottle seems be ridiculously cheap by global standards, never mind Irish.

Got this for 50 bills today. Nearly all gone

http://www.wine-searcher.com/wine-32...-julien-france
                                                                                                                      Last couple of years, no as the entire wine buy for the year is done in Frannce.

It is a great little shop although I certainly wouldn't call it cheap. You public servants on your inflated salaries have no concept of value.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                        One of our best players in this tournament imo. Thoroughly justified selection.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                          A guy in powers in Abbey street is his dobbelganger.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X