X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
    I don't know what this says about me...
    Only worth worrying over the things you can control imo. I only followed it because of the bet, after that I lost all interest, which was just about the time everyone else wanted to discuss him at every opportunity

Comment

Do we not see some overall merit in having this Trump experience?

I see less talk about micro aggression, a growing appreciation for an independent judiciary and a general appreciation in Ireland of how we live here versus the UK and US for example. We have a lot to be grateful for even if we don't often express gratitude and the Trump lessons seem to have improved our own awareness and provoked some good general debate.

Now we do have some Irish people saying "we need our own Trump to stand up for us" etc. etc. but as both the Trump presidency and Brexit plays over the next few years I think people will cool on that idea and appreciate the benefits we have more but also "lazy" liberals will start to work a bit harder to explain and share the benefits of society in a more intelligent manner.

Isn't there a large benefit to the collective in having complacency challenged??

I find it hard to get upset about Trump at all and the stupidity of his actions. I've spoken to Americans who have voted for him and support him and didn't even bother discussing the stupidity and contradictions in what he says. I don't know what that says about me at all. I hear Irish people everywhere I go discussing his presidency and I rarely even feel the need to comment much less get upset etc. I don't know what this says about me...
      If he did not of the power to affect all of our lives in quite dramatic ways, then Yes, I agree.

But he does, so No.

Basically you are too busy wondering what type of animal skins to have on the floor of your new study.
      (I vote tiger)
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Do we not see some overall merit in having this Trump experience?

I see less talk about micro aggression, a growing appreciation for an independent judiciary and a general appreciation in Ireland of how we live here versus the UK and US for example. We have a lot to be grateful for even if we don't often express gratitude and the Trump lessons seem to have improved our own awareness and provoked some good general debate.

Now we do have some Irish people saying "we need our own Trump to stand up for us" etc. etc. but as both the Trump presidency and Brexit plays over the next few years I think people will cool on that idea and appreciate the benefits we have more but also "lazy" liberals will start to work a bit harder to explain and share the benefits of society in a more intelligent manner.

Isn't there a large benefit to the collective in having complacency challenged??

I find it hard to get upset about Trump at all and the stupidity of his actions. I've spoken to Americans who have voted for him and support him and didn't even bother discussing the stupidity and contradictions in what he says. I don't know what that says about me at all. I hear Irish people everywhere I go discussing his presidency and I rarely even feel the need to comment much less get upset etc. I don't know what this says about me...
        It's a nice sentiment but not much evidence that the left are capable of the type of reflection required.they are trebling down on their foot stomping,name calling tantrums and thats about it.
        In other news "clerical error" ffs,and nobody will ever get so much as a rap on the knuckles over it. Deafening silence here on it,presumably because don't want to acknowledge the heroic work of heros of the people Wallace and Daly

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          off to wedding for first time in about 4/5 years....what is normal cash gift these days?

guessing €200 but no idea really
          200 would be about standard unless they are best friend types or a sibling. I'd probably up it to 300 in that case, but it's a narrow band.

Comment

I think we, as sentient adults, can distinguish between constitutional 'left\right' (Corbyn vs May for example, Clinton vs Trump - although they are both right) and authoritarian 'left\right' (Stalin vs Hitler)

can't we?

as for 'violently protesting on the streets'....jesus, talk about snowflaking. No-one has died. This isn't Belfast in the early 70s. People have moccachinos to drink.
            Considering what happens Putin's opponents, all the talk of Trump being Hitler, and the worst human being alive seems like a silly exaggeration.

Comment

off to wedding for first time in about 4/5 years....what is normal cash gift these days?

A card saying you've donated money to charity in their name is always appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                The left has never been tolerant, that's why millions more died under left wing governments than any other form of government, it's why they're violently protesting on the street because they didn't get the result they wanted, and why they shut down free speech in university, they're pathetic authoritarian thugs.
                There is/was nothing left about the USSR/China/North Korea, totalitarian regimes spanned from leftish beginnings but not left.

There is nothing left about living in a palace while people starve, no matter
                how much your anthem sounds like the red flag!

As for shouting down and attacking others; what about people killing doctors who work in abortion clinics, Fox news, absolute drivel like the shit you post?

The world is full of cunts, fucktards, idiots and people who should know better than to interact with them.

FWIW...

Comment

Tar is the biggest fraud there is. No less than 3 IPB eyewitnesses of unimpeachable integrity (myself included) have seen him horsing into rashers.

Complete charlatan imo
                  I took great pleasure making my rasher sandwich on our day of silence, knowing full well nobody could question it, some of the looks were great.

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                  The only thing worse than a hot pharmacist is a hot pharmacist that is dizzy as fuck.

As a bloke, when you go into a chemist looking for diarrhoea tablets, the second last thing you want to see is a ridic hot young one waiting to serve you. You want to see a grumpy 'aul lad who gives zero fucks as to why you're there and who dispenses the necessary drugs without any fuss or drama.

The absolute last thing you want is that ridic hot young one to be dizzy as hell and start to talk you through different options of diarrhoea tablets looking to see which ones you'd prefer.

Eh, I'd prefer if you just gave me the best ones that'll stop the shites asap without having to go through a lengthy conversation about it in front of these six other people who now know why I came in here
                  Last time I had diarrhea I was over in my (ex) girlfriends house and these two meek Asian girls had just moved in. I mean these girls were so shy they would pull the divider across the room when cooking in the kitchen (Open style planning etc.).

Anyway off goes my girlfriend to get me tablets for it and brings them back, and I pop a few, gonna be happy days now. Unfortunately things took a rather sharp turn for the worse, and the flow was an unstoppable force now, trying to get enough liquids into me was futile. She had gotten me constipation tablets by accident, had meant to get Immodium but had got Motillium.

We looked them up on their website and there was just a gif of some guys stomach with some arrows in a circle at the centre of it, indication his digestion-al flow. Well this arrow circle just kept spinning faster and faster, and I'll say, their product definitely works. It was agony, I lived on that toilet (next to the Asian girls bedrooms) shouting in distress.

She quickly went and got me some French tablets from the chemist called arrêté. It was too late, all that they did was change my cries from incoherence to "Arrêté! Arrêté!". It went on all day. The girls moved out that week.

€150 on your own and €150 with a partner, to encourage them to not invite her.
                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-02-17, 10:41.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                      As for shouting down and attacking others; what about people killing doctors who work in abortion clinics, Fox news, absolute drivel like the shit you post?
                      You wot mate?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        I guess its that people expect better. 'not as bad as hitler' 'at least he doesn't have people killed like Putin' is not quite the cv you want for the leader of a superpower we heavily rely on. But as someone said, maybe V, there's nothing really we can do about it, except try to stop that type of extremism in countries we have have some minor control over. And ultimately 60% of our life direction is decided by ourselves alone, 35% by luck, and politics has a very minor impact in the remaining 5%.
                        It's the scale though. With left people literally everyone is worse than Hitler!

One FG politican the other day in reference to something on TV/radio, said that he personally had never heard a joke made about rape, and he was piled by twitter on as one of the causes of rape culture in society!
                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 10-02-17, 11:01.

Comment

Considering what happens Putin's opponents, all the talk of Trump being Hitler, and the worst human being alive seems like a silly exaggeration.
                          First class Whatabouttery.

Who said Trump was the same as Hitler? Some tremendously credible people are drawing valid comparisons. Stop beiong such a snowflake and listen instead
                          Look at the segment on the Nazis a warning from history about the acolytes and Hitlers style and come back and tell me that they aren't strikingly similar.

Worst human being alive, who said he was? Worst human being in charge of a superpower well, he's probably going to give Putin a run for his money.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It's the scale though. With left people literally everyone is worse than Hitler!
                            !

One FG politican the other day in reference to something on TV/radio, tat he personally had never heard a joke made about rape, and he was piled by twitter on as one of the causes of rape culture in society!
                            There is a rape culture.
                            There are no jokes about rape, because you see it just ain't funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              First class Whatabouttery.

Who said Trump was the same as Hitler? Some tremendously credible people are drawing valid comparisons. Stop beiong such a snowflake and listen instead
                              Look at the segment on the Nazis a warning from history about the acolytes and Hitlers style and come back and tell me that they aren't strikingly similar.

Worst human being alive, who said he was? Worst human being in charge of a superpower well, he's probably going to give Putin a run for his money.
                              What's Trump actually done since he's come to power?

A temp travel restriction on countries that Obama had marked as risky?
                              A cut on funding on NGOs giving abortion advice? The same order as GWB?

When you blow your load of outrage on Trump you haven't got a higher level left for when the actual fascists come in!

And no Trump and Hitler are not strikingly similar, not in the slightest.
                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 10-02-17, 11:10.

Comment

Only worth worrying over the things you can control imo. I only followed it because of the bet, after that I lost all interest, which was just about the time everyone else wanted to discuss him at every opportunity
                                That bet was class tbf

Comment

have you heard any of this kind of talk from me?

I may be an idiot but I'm an idiot with a fairly acute sense of historical perspective

Idiots are gonna idiot. Remember the appalling stuff that was said about Obama? Particularly by people who are now sitting in the White House?

Comment

I guess its that people expect better. 'not as bad as hitler' 'at least he doesn't have people killed like Putin' is not quite the cv you want for the leader of a superpower we heavily rely on. But as someone said, maybe V, there's nothing really we can do about it, except try to stop that type of extremism in countries we have have some minor control over. And ultimately 60% of our life direction is decided by ourselves alone, 35% by luck, and politics has a very minor impact in the remaining 5%.
                                    maybe it comes under the heading of (bad) luck but hundreds of millions of people in the century just gone by can disprove that statement....with their unmarked graves

Comment

have you heard any of this kind of talk from me?
                                      It'd take to long to quote SP's posts over the last year.

Comment

It'd take to long to quote SP's posts over the last year.
                                        I don't speak for SP. (unless on the matter of salamis and other cured meats)

Comment

You wot mate?

Comment

Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

you cant be serious right?
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                ...Whiskey help...Looking to get a couple of bottles of Old Crow Whiskey as a present if possible...Would anyone know where to buy it in Dublin?...
                                                Celtic Whiskey would be my first port of call
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

This cat bit it's owners to alert them to a fire as they slept yesterday. Some say it enjoyed it too much.

Comment

[
                                                    Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                    Hmm...have an interview for a permanent position at another college in 2 weeks. Just found out that my mentor here is doing a single candidate interview for a senior position meaning his job here would be vacant and advertised probably in April. I don't see how they could legitimately not give it to me.
                                                    Waiting years for a permanent job and then two come along at once ffs.
                                                    Sorry to hear that
                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Vegan Linda McCarthy sausies for breakfast and Dribbles of wine and one can of Carlsberg (thanks Marc) between us. Ah yeah life is good

Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

That is how most of us vegans actually eat.

Thinking about the cat up there, so the cat saves them and they left the cat inside?!

Comment

Sorry if the formatting is effected by my copy and paste. Some worse copy and pastes out there
                                                          The middle ground pro Trumps – Think
                                                          1. Well er ok he’s not the best candidate for POTUS but he’s better than Hillary (evil bitch) and basically to hell with anyone who is not American .
                                                          2. He’ll sort out the banks , corrupt politicians, he’ll cut through red tape and get things done, he’ll make American Great
                                                          3. He’s er Ok. We are being attacked on the jobs front and terrorised by Muslims. He’s sort that out.
                                                          4. Get out of my country
                                                          5. Alt Facts

The Fanatical Trump Supporters

1. Team America, fk yeah.
                                                          2. Getting Strong now, getting stronger, (runs up steps with hands above heads, Rocky Rocky)
                                                          3. Mexicans everywhere, didn’t we sort that out at the Alamo, guess not
                                                          4. Abortion is wrong, as is free choice, different coloured skin, climate change scientists, foreign relations, free speech, the Law of the land, Martin Luther Muslim and the Pope.
                                                          5. Get the fk out of my country.
                                                          6. Fake news.

The Trump Apologists.

The world is evil anyway, Obama , Bush were all evil , Trump is a breath of fresh air he is exposing the rotten core that exists in the media and Washington DC and even in the Courts.
                                                          This is a necessary purge of everything we hate about the elite. He’s a man of the people.

What they don’t care about is.

He is a billionaire and appoints billionaires to fight the good fight with him.
                                                          A Bull in a China Shop , where the Bull is Trump and the China is actually China
                                                          He actually argues and debates like it’s his ball and screw you guys I’m going hoooome.
                                                          He is intelligent (can’t really argue there, he has some) but he lacks empathy and emotional intelligence which is a dangerous trait in a waiter never mind the POTUS.
                                                          Since he’s come to power the world has made a mockery of the US, their credibility has gone through the floor(very dangerous for us all). Even the humourless Germans are releasing hilarious mocking video
                                                          His treatment and attitude to women (on record , the fact that he said MUSLIMs were dangerous (on record), Mexicans were Rapists (on record) . All this shit is on record.

The reason the world is see sawing from hilarious laughter to hang on second moments of horror is because he is a DIRECT DANGER to the East and the West. The US has proven in the past it
                                                          can use excessive force and now you have an angry pensioner with access to dangerous levers and his dick in his hand (the big D) 24/7 ready to bollock ANYONE or ANYTHING that does not fall in line with his
                                                          thoughts and actions. The comparison to Hitler is unkind to them both , as he is probably just a fking ejit as opposed to and evil mass murderer but conversely Hitler was a genius and Trump is well ya know
                                                          NOT.

Comment

In fairness this could get very good
                                                            Last edited by DeadParrot; 10-02-17, 12:27. Reason: Pic fixed, cause it's awesome

Comment

Decent read about us proddy cunce:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yayy we got more...

Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                    Vegan Linda McCarthy sausies for breakfast and Dribbles of wine and one can of Carlsberg (thanks Marc) between us. Ah yeah life is good

you'll definitely be losing weight on that vegan diet!

Comment

hmm so these mysterious people who can disprove the statement are conveniently hidden away in places without graves so noone can find them to ask them to disprove anything. A likely story.
                                                                      You would actually be surprised at the amount of deniers of all shades who would come out with this sort of stuff with total seriousness.

Comment

How the Allies didn't execute the SS on the spot is beyond me. The Russians did.
                                                                        It did happen, at least on a small scale.

Comment

In a meeting in the poshest boardroom I've ever set foot in trying to get a nice contract and SatNav pestering me with drunken video calls at 11am

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dachau...tion_reprisals
                                                                            Russians eh
                                                                            Beevor relates the story of “a young ss soldier forced to play a piano for his Russian captors. They made it clear in sign language that he would be executed the moment he stopped.” The man played for 22 hours, after which he collapsed in tears. The Russians congratulated him and then shot him

Victorino Matus on The Fall of Berlin 1945 by Antony Beevor

Comment

And no Trump and Hitler are not strikingly similar, not in the slightest.
                                                                              Thats a ridiculous assertion.
                                                                              No one is saying he's going to start making Muslims wear yellow crescents or build gas chambers for anyone who won't buy his daughters tat. This is not the 1930's , you do need to look behind the curtain and think a little.
                                                                              Its very obvious that psychologically and temperamentally he is cut from the same mould and those around him are drawing heavily on the playbook established between 1930 - 45.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                Russians eh
                                                                                Beevor relates the story of “a young ss soldier forced to play a piano for his Russian captors. They made it clear in sign language that he would be executed the moment he stopped.” The man played for 22 hours, after which he collapsed in tears. The Russians congratulated him and then shot him

http://www.hoover.org/research/contest-brutality
                                                                                Sounds fair to me in the circumstances.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dachau...tion_reprisals
                                                                                The circumstances being that in the immediate aftermath of the war and the realisation of what these guys did there would have to be something wrong with an individual who didn't want to serve up hot justice.

Comment

€150 is the norm. For a posh cunt like you looking to show off €200 is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                    you cant be serious right?
                                                                                    Serious about what?

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                      Serious about what?
                                                                                      black market workforce !=immigration

Comment

Oh, well you're in trouble in that case. Because his first few weeks have been chaos, wild shouting and an absolute inability to follow through.

'Politics is the art of the possible'.

He absolutely does not understand how the political system works. You need friends and allies. On the Hill, in the Press, in business, even in the judiciary. He has managed to turn lots of these people against him through his ranting and intemperate tweeting. This is stupid.

The press is against him (mostly) because of Donald's own actions. He just attacked the independence of the judiciary and pissed off his own Supreme Court nominee. Look at the clownish rowbacks on lies told by the White House every day. Look at him insulting McCain - a genuine war hero when he's a cowardly draft dodger himself?

You reckon the media should give him a free pass on all these things? That's what would happen in Putin's Russia, thank fuck it doesn't in America.

Now stop trying to be a contrarian for the sake of it. Examine the facts and apply some critical analysis.
                                                                                        Yes you do need friends on the hill, that's probably the biggest reason he will probably fail as POTUS.
                                                                                        A lot of people dodged military service in one way or another. If you had a choice would you serve in the military if your country was at war and you were 100% going to have to go into a war zone. And in your example, you are not allowed to insult a veteran because you haven't served yourself. That doesn't make any sense. I'm not saying he is right or wrong, I'm saying that your reasoning is flawed.
                                                                                        I never said anything about a free pass and I don't think that so don't put words in my mouth. I said that the media are not impartial when it comes to Trump and is biased which is unfair to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                          black market workforce !=immigration
                                                                                          I don't know what you are trying to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                            Its very obvious that psychologically and temperamentally he is cut from the same mould and those around him are drawing heavily on the playbook established between 1930 - 45.
                                                                                            Is it? How?

Comment

I think gorrr is the most impressive of the lot.

Denny, it's obvious he's on the wind-up, especially after his bet finished up.

Rigger, well his posts are coming across like Denny's lapdog, not strong enough.

PSV, well he's our resident 'rail against the libtard cuck lefties' troll and every forum needs one of those for balancing purposes.

But gorrr is the one where for some moments you are questioning whether he is actually serious. You actually wonder if he believes what he's posting. It scares you for a moment but then you shake it off cos nah, he couldn't, could he?
                                                                                              Could he actually be so neck deep in right wing propaganda, lapping up all the lunacy to actually believe some of it? Like poor little Trump is getting a rough time from the big bad media who have been so unfair on the poor 'billionaire' crybaby narcissist who can't seem to handle any negativity without flying off the handle.
                                                                                              I think the mainstream media have been way too soft on him and his spokespeople (not just him but almost all politicians). They always get to spout off their talking points regardless of the questions asked and they always wriggle and squirm away from any tough questions. A journalist knows if they hit too hard they'll never get another interview again.
                                                                                              Now with Trump the threat of just being kicked out of press briefings for asking the wrong questions is more real now that ever.

Anyone who actually thinks Trump isn't so bad or could do a good job is either mentally retarded or such a super-genius that they are seeing angles no other sane human can see.

In short, gorrr you lunatic, get a grip.

Comment

Trump is actually president of the us? Where the fuck have I been the last few weeks. Lolbanter, gwan the Donald
                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Jesus my head is thrumping
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post

Rigger, well his posts are coming across like Denny's lapdog, not strong enough.

PSV, well he's our resident 'rail against the libtard cuck lefties' troll and every forum needs one of those for balancing purposes.

But gorrr is the one where for some moments you are questioning whether he is actually serious. You actually wonder if he believes what he's posting. It scares you for a moment but then you shake it off cos nah, he couldn't, could he?
                                                                                                    Could he actually be so neck deep in right wing propaganda, lapping up all the lunacy to actually believe some of it? Like poor little Trump is getting a rough time from the big bad media who have been so unfair on the poor 'billionaire' crybaby narcissist who can't seem to handle any negativity without flying off the handle.
                                                                                                    I think the mainstream media have been way too soft on him and his spokespeople (not just him but almost all politicians). They always get to spout off their talking points regardless of the questions asked and they always wriggle and squirm away from any tough questions. A journalist knows if they hit too hard they'll never get another interview again.
                                                                                                    Now with Trump the threat of just being kicked out of press briefings for asking the wrong questions is more real now that ever.

Anyone who actually thinks Trump isn't so bad or could do a good job is either mentally retarded or such a super-genius that they are seeing angles no other sane human can see.

Impressive super genius, awwwhhh, thanks mate.

Comment

Not appreciated in our own time either. Super standard.
                                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                                        Not appreciated in our own time either. Super standard.
                                                                                                        Quite a few people here's value will go up after they die.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                          Quite a few people here's value will go up after they die.
                                                                                                          It's a sad fact of life that the older you get the more you are worth dead rather than alive.

I now have 2 taste testers just in case
                                                                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post

Post today from my favourite 2p2er

Originally posted by ToothSayer
                                                                                                            Much of what you read about Trump is fake news. Quite a bit of leaked by Trump himself. The "experts" you quote are just people asked for their opinion on what the media presents as fact. Again, you have no clue whatsoever whether anything you're presenting here is true.

The media is broken. They sensationally report anything ridiculous they can about the president, because it plays to the hysterical, fact-free perception they created and gets ratings. There are hundreds of examples. I posted a list of a tiny fraction of pure fake news articles by the core of the mainstream media, who are recklessly irresponsible.

Let me give you another example. During the election there was much made of how Trump didn't have much of a political organization/ground game/data operation. He was presented by the media as a guy who thought rallies would fix everything up, who kind of bumbled along, while Clinton had a massive Big Data operation with the cutting edge in political science. The narrative of Trump as a bumbling idiot trying to do things the old way and not really having clue was widely played. It also fed the perception that Clinton would win.

That was all fake news. Trump actually encouraged this perception of himself through well placed leaks and manipulation and public statements. In reality, behind the scenes, this was happening:

Why Big Data Wasn't Trump's Achilles Heel After All

Trump actually had Hillary crushed on the use of analytics and big data, which is one reason he won.

Nothing you read about Trump in the media is real. It's all a fictional creation, much of it leaked by Trump himself. I assure you they're having a grand old time leaking stories about Trump in his bathrobes, watching "the shows", about Bannon controlling things, and so much more. The plebs and media eat it up and take it as reality, but it's just a nonsense sideshow. Trump's been doing it for years and it's how he got the presidency as an outsider with no political experience and far less money. Amazingly, people still haven't woken up to just how smart he is.

In my opinion, if you think Trump has nefarious aims, you should be terrified. He's not the bumbling idiot he's presenting himself as via well placed leaks.

I'm not worried at all because it's obvious he's a very good person, and highly competent.

More re the media:
                                                                                                            I think much of it though is due also to reporters who are politically indoctrinated and philosophically unsophistcated, who've never lived outside of college/Washington/big city/groupthink ideological bubbles, and really have no clue at all how the world works or how wrong their worldview/beliefs might be or how broad philosophy really is. That some Republicans are equally crazy doesn't help - they get to point and say "look at those crazies"!

I don't know how to fix it. It'll probably get worse before it gets better. Trump is like the exorcist for these people - he'll cure them, but they're going to wail and gnash teeth a lot.
                                                                                                            Who do you want on your team, negotiating US interests?

A scammer with a big heart who genuinely cares about this country?
                                                                                                            One half of a powerful political dynasty who operated as Secretary of State a barely concealed pay-to-play in the billions with shady foreign despots and corporations?

The point is, if someone is fighting for you, you want them to be a little bit nasty and underhanded and with a clear-eyed view of the darker side of human nature, but not outright corrupt.

Trump is doing this because he cares about the country and thinks he can do good. There is no other reason to give up the life of a billionaire at his age. He's repeatedly avoided political life even though he had a good shot at it - with his connections and PR savvy he could have easily been a governor or a house member, on track for a typical presidency.

I mean, these are his views 30 years ago:

[youtube]SEPs17_AkTI[/youtube]

Even longer ago:
                                                                                                            [youtube]-gqGFKkf-9Q[/youtube]

The view you have of Trump is pure fictional creation. The man has a huge heart and cares about this country. That's not incompatible with being ruthless in business or even soft scam caveat emptor.

Comment

Same shit.....

Possibly broken. She tripped getting in shower

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

I think he's a genius, the ultimate "Nixon goes to China" and will do for minorities than "Super Predator" Clinton ever would have. Time will tell which of us is closer to the truth, but it's more fun from my seat
                                                                                                                A statement from Beijing said China appreciated Mr Trump's acknowledgement of the One China policy, calling the two nations "co-operative partners" who could "push bilateral relations to a historic new high".
                                                                                                                The US president had a 'cordial' call with China, after it raised complaints about his conduct.

Last edited by Denny Crane; 10-02-17, 18:46.

Comment

All drinking in bed.

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Same shit.....

Possibly broken. She tripped getting in shower

How does she manage to NOT get hurt every other week YOU are not there?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                      How does she manage to NOT get hurt every other week YOU are not there?
                                                                                                                      Em she was farting in bed nonstop and I told her she was Rotton so she had shower and slipped. Not my fault like
                                                                                                                      😂😂😂😂
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Em she was farting in bed nonstop and I told her she was Rotton so she had shower and slipped. Not my fault like
                                                                                                                        😂😂😂😂
                                                                                                                        Most folk have a dump in that situation, not a shower like

Comment

Post today from my favourite 2p2er

More re the media:
                                                                                                                          He's good at buzz word bingo, I'll grant him that

Seriously though this is the nub of the matter:
                                                                                                                          In my opinion, if you think Trump has nefarious aims, you should be terrified. He's not the bumbling idiot he's presenting himself as via well placed leaks.

I'm not worried at all because it's obvious he's a very good person, and highly competent.
                                                                                                                          Lets start with coming up with some examples of good things hes done... No there are none. The man has never done anything in his life that wasn't self serving.

Charity gigs where you charge the charity an appearance fee don't count btw

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X