X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      Probably not in the UK where she grew up. They have Primark shops in the UK (same as Penney's here) but probably not around over there as retail shops as long I'd say.
      Yah, I knew they were called Primark in the UK. Similar to the Bulmers/Magners and Tayto thing where the name was copyrighted. I just figured it went back further as it's always been a thing in my lifetime. I suppose the UKs a big place though.

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
      Think they were mostly only in Ireland in the 70's and 80's. Didn't go big in the UK 'till much later.
      First store in England in 1973 apparently. Belfast a bit earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        And here's an article discounting a lot of what I just said about secrecy. Darn you Google.
        Wasn't it also Ben Dunne that was kidnapped?

You're an economic migrant. Not that you said you weren't. But the Australian system is ridiculously biased against non Irish/UK/white getting economic migrant citizenship. Not surprised there's a backlog. The whole system is absolutely engrained with racism.
        If you are saying the asylum face a system engrained with racism then I completely agree. But this part is confusing;

But the Australian system is ridiculously biased against non Irish/UK/white getting economic migrant citizenship. Not surprised there's a backlog.
        So I'm not sure exactly what you are saying there. That the system is biased against a non-Irish/UK/white doing what I did? Hmm, not sure it that's true.

Comment

Bernie Sanders spoke out against Trump’s muslim ban during a rally outside the Supreme Court. Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian, hosts of The Young Turks, break i...

7.10 it's because he cares...he is passionate...not grumpy..

Trump is fake hammy crap...Sanders is genuine.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-02-17, 01:03.

Comment

Also ..THIS happened.

Last night, at an event about redistricting reform efforts nationwide at the USC Schwarzenegger Institute, I was asked about America's future. Here's my answ...

Arnold Schwarzenegger isn’t holding back when it comes to criticizing President Trump! The former Governor of California joined “Extra’s” Mario Lopez at Univ...

I have never liked ANYTHING Schwarzenegger did in politics ..but I LOVE This.

Finally some SENSE! I CAN'T Believe Arnold Schwarzenegger and i agree on something! Imma scared ...

That first link the FB vid is responding to Trump joke or something ....yeah president still weighs in on TV stuff...yeah ...
            Last edited by Guest; 03-02-17, 01:13.

Comment

PeaceandFire 's Trump

Comment

You're an economic migrant. Not that you said you weren't. But the Australian system is ridiculously biased against non Irish/UK/white getting economic migrant citizenship. Not surprised there's a backlog. The whole system is absolutely engrained with racism.
                True that could be applied to other places too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                  PeaceandFire 's Trump
                  I hate him so much he made me agree with Arnie.... well on this one thing..he is right though...democracy is not a spectator sport ..i think the USA is waking up to that.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                    True that could be applied to other places too.
                    Hitch is a confirmed spoofer. Be careful not to be taken in by his harmless exterior

Comment

Hitch is a confirmed spoofer. Be careful not to be taken in by his harmless exterior
                      It really doesn't matter.

Comment

Not true:

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

So I'm not sure exactly what you are saying there. That the system is biased against a non-Irish/UK/white doing what I did? Hmm, not sure it that's true.
                          It is absolutely not true. See above.

Of course a walk around any Australian city would disabuse one of such notions pretty damn quick.

Hitch is confusing present-day Australia with 1950s Australia, when a 'White Australia' policy certainly did exist. Rather hilariously they used to conduct language tests on non-white immigrants in....Irish.

Comment

And here's an article discounting a lot of what I just said about secrecy. Darn you Google.
                            Good article...Yawn.. if there was someone bothered enough I'm sure there's an article to discredit pretty much anything you say on here including the Oz comment
                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Of course a walk around any Australian city would disabuse one of such notions pretty damn quick.
                              Yeah, I knew it was all waffle. Having been through the system myself and seen it first hand. The workforce is hugely multicultural.
                              Thanks for grabbing that graph. There was another I had seen before and went off to find it.

Top 10 countries in 2015-16. Between them making up about 70% of the total.
                              Poor Hitch, not actually his best performance. At least it's Friday.

Comment

Me at border control ..does anyone have any advice? I almost went out like a candle

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Hitch is confusing present-day Australia with 1950s Australia, when a 'White Australia' policy certainly did exist. Rather hilariously they used to conduct language tests on non-white immigrants in....Irish.
                                  It's illogical to assume that just because you find more of A getting past issue b that issue b does not exist. There would not need to be lots more of non white immigrants in Oz for it to be easier for White immigrants to get in.

By that logic you might say it's more hospitable for men in poker than it is for women as there so many men in comparison to women.

We all know of course this is far from the case.

Perhaps white people are less interested in going to Australia. And that makes for the disparity in demographics.

Just because there are more non white immigrants doesn't mean it's equally easy for them to get into Australia and make a life there. It would be like saying it's harder for women to get into poker as there are so few.
                                  Last edited by Guest; 03-02-17, 06:04.

Comment

Comment

It's illogical to assume that just because you find more of A getting past issue b that issue b does not exist. There would not need to be lots more of non white immigrants in Oz for it to be easier for White immigrants to get in.

By that logic you might say it's more hospitable for men in poker than it is for women as there so many men in comparison to women.

We all know of course this is far from the case.

Perhaps white people are less interested in going to Australia. And that makes for the disparity in demographics.
                                      In what way does the process differ from a European verses an Asian?
                                      By all means post your evidence that's backs up you assertion that it's the harder for non white people to get it.
                                      FYI, the application statistics are available to show how many applications/grants/refusals there are.

Comment

The net amount of successful applicants by ethnicity is clearly irrelevant without total applications.

Comment

In what way does the process differ from a European verses an Asian?
                                          By all means post your evidence that's backs up you assertion that it's the harder for non white people to get it.
                                          FYI, the application statistics are available to show how many applications/grants/refusals there are.
                                          The UN disagrees with you.

Australia's controversial policy of sending migrants who arrive by boat to offshore detention centers is in the spotlight following US President Donald Trump's row with Malcolm Turnbull.

Australia tightens immigration laws, offering 'temporary protection visas' for refugees that do not give them the right to settle in Australia for good

ANd there is still the legacy of the White policy. While not technically there. It's effects are felt.
                                          Immigrants to Australia have been struggling to find jobs because of rising unemployment and sometimes discrimination.

The BBC looks at how Australia's policy on asylum seekers has attracted both criticism and support.

I would imagine a language barrier would also affect you.

the UN have accused the Australian Government of racism in its approach to Asylum seekers in Australia. Both major parties support a ban on asylum seekers who arrive by boat.Australia operates the Pacific Solution which includes the relocation asylum seekers. Former Minister for Immigration and Border Protection Scott Morrison described asylum seekers as 'illegal'. Social justice advocates and international organisations such as Amnesty International have condemned Australia's policies, with one describing them as 'an appeal to fear and racism'.
                                          Last edited by Guest; 03-02-17, 06:37.

Comment

I think it is about race, because if it were white English speaking people were arriving by boat in an emergency, I think you would get a different response.

A simple board game produced 100 years ago is a stark reminder of Australia’s racist past.

Australia has reciprocal working visa agreements with 15 Caucasian majority countries and only four non white majority countries.

Info on the Australian working holiday visa program, which countries are eligible and the application requirements.
                                            Last edited by Guest; 03-02-17, 06:44.

Comment

The UN disagrees with you.

Australia's controversial policy of sending migrants who arrive by boat to offshore detention centers is in the spotlight following US President Donald Trump's row with Malcolm Turnbull.

Australia tightens immigration laws, offering 'temporary protection visas' for refugees that do not give them the right to settle in Australia for good

ANd there is still the legacy of the White policy. While not technically there. It's effects are felt.
                                              Immigrants to Australia have been struggling to find jobs because of rising unemployment and sometimes discrimination.

The BBC looks at how Australia's policy on asylum seekers has attracted both criticism and support.

I would imagine a language barrier would also affect you.
                                              None of that disagrees with me.
                                              We are talking about migration visa applicants, you are posting about refugees. It's completely unrelated.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                The net amount of successful applicants by ethnicity is clearly irrelevant without total applications.
                                                No the way these are treated plays apart. It's going to be a little difficult as some applicants are being detained offshore and are not available for comment.

They would like a drink as they are quite thirsty though. Would it be terribly illogical to hand them some Evian??

They are hard to count ...as some of them want to play peep a boo.

Yes I see what you mean about the importance of statistics.
                                                Last edited by Guest; 03-02-17, 07:05.

Comment

None of that disagrees with me.
                                                  We are talking about migration visa applicants, you are posting about refugees. It's completely unrelated.
                                                  They ARE visa applicants. Just because they are refugees does not change that.
                                                  Australia has reciprocal working visa agreements with 15 Caucasian majority countries and only four non white majority countries.

Depending on where you come applying for a visa might be done in detention or not. For student visas the Department defines countries as essentially low to high risk in deciding what conditions to impose on applicants.The Department keeps figures on overstaying rates and other statistics. It uses these statistics to create negative profiling against individuals from these countries. This means that some Departmental decision makers may in some cases have fixed expectations of wrong doing, or potential wrong doing like terrorism. They may reject a visitor visa application when more careful enquiry might result in acceptance. People from certain countries needs lots more proof of paper work to prove they will not ever stay. This paper work does not apply solely to refugees. But it's almost impossible for them to get. And an Brit doesn't need it necessarily based on perceptions and statistics of that country. And treating people differently on the basis of how their ethnic group behaves is the essence of racism.Racism is not only on paper. It's experienced. It's often self reported. Asking for the personal experience of applicants is going to also give valid insight.
                                                  Even their actual immigration minister seems to be racist. http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...utton-comments
                                                  A growing number of applicants are failing Australia's citizenship test in the wake of changes to increase the passing mark from 60 per cent to 73 per cent in 2009.

Most damming though..is this..
                                                  Chapter 2 - Processing of protection visa applications 2.1      Much of the evidence received by the committee during the course of this inquiry related to issues to do with the processing of protection visa applications and that is the focus of this ch

It is disturbing that the initial system of case assessment could produce such high error rates. It is also of concern that each of these countries, Afghanistan, Iran, Turkey, Egypt and Pakistan, are predominantly Muslim countries.http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_...ion/report/c01
                                                  The Legal and Constitutional References Committee an inquiry into the DIMA to report back to the Australian parliament.
                                                  Primary decision-makers [in DIMA] ... are often woefully ignorant of the law and of conditions in the country against which they assess the applicant. Anecdotal evidence is that they are often arrogant, hostile and even abusive towards applicants. In some cases, they reveal attitudes of prejudice, xenophobia and racism.It is also notable that the RRT set aside rate for primary decisions on cases from reports Iran, Turkey, Egypt and Pakistan was over 50%, much higher than overturn rates for other countries.
                                                  It is disturbing that the initial system of case assessment could produce such high error rates. It is also of concern that each of these countries, Afghanistan, Iran, Turkey, Egypt and Pakistan, are predominantly Muslim countries. This suggests that the Department’s country advice in these cases was lacking at the time the cases were initially determined, and raises serious questions about the ability of the Department to properly assess the claims of those from the Muslim world.
                                                  Looking at statistics is like saying if you have lots of black friends you must not be racist and if you have few or none then you are more racist. You can have a high number minority friends and be racist. Or female friends and be sexiest. You might have no minority friends and not be very racist at all! Successful applicants to your group of friends is not a mark of your character unless you take into account the reasons of how/why you turned them away and the manner in which you did so and the way you treated them. And you might say the same about immigration. You don't have to rent to every Muslim who applies to rent a room from you but if you are rude to more Muslims trying to move in. You are racist. Even if you let them live there.
                                                  Last edited by Guest; 03-02-17, 07:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                    Total applications would be slightly higher than approvals, but I don't know if you'd get a country by country breakdown of refusals. Maybe for the sponsored visas.
                                                    The number of refusals on s501 grounds (character) was under 500.

Home Affairs brings together Australia's federal law enforcement, national and transport security, criminal justice, emergency management, multicultural affairs, settlement services and immigration and border-related functions, working together to keep Australia safe.
                                                    Last edited by Mellor; 03-02-17, 07:45.

Comment

They ARE visa applicants. Just because they are refugees does not change that.
                                                      I said migration visas, not all visas.
                                                      I'm aware you understand the difference, stop the strawmaning.
                                                      Seriously, just go back and look at the original post - that you've already quoted.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To
                                                      You're an economic migrant. Not that you said you weren't. But the Australian system is ridiculously biased against non Irish/UK/white getting economic migrant citizenship.
                                                      Conditions in refugees camps is irrelevant. We weren't talking about that. Twisting people words for your own crusade is bizarre, and quite insulting.

Originally posted by Mellor
                                                      If you are saying the asylum [seekers] face a system engrained with racism then I completely agree.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Reciprocal agreements go both ways, countries that can't or won't provide the same aren't eligible.
                                                      Most your post was similar misconstrued, but I couldn't be bothered at this point. It's 7 pm and time to go.
                                                      Like the citizenship test part, suggesting that it should be a free pass for everyone is bizzare. If you actually look at the pass rates its fell form 99% to 98% or similar. It's unbelievable simple, its like the theory test for driving, multiple choice common sense.
                                                      Last edited by Mellor; 03-02-17, 07:49.

Comment

The migration visas will have different requirements of paperwork based on which country you come from. The DIMA creates negative profiles for migration from certain countries. This is particularly relevant to Family Stream migrants.

The Australian Legal and Constitutional References Committee in an inquiry into the DIMA to report back to the Australian parliament found itself that that DIMA was racist. A computer doesn't add a lot of numbers up and release the balls. Humans make decisions. http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_...ion/report/c01

The present inquiry was established following serious allegations of significant failings in relation to the Government's immigration arrangements. These failings subsequently came to wider public attention through two high profile cases which highlighted fundamental problems within the Government's immigration systems — the wrongful detention of an Australian resident, Ms Cornelia Rau, and the improper deportation of an Australian citizen, Ms Vivian Alvarez Solon.
                                                        Conditions in refugees camps is irrelevant. Twisting people words for your own crusade is bizarre, and quite insulting.

I am sorry I don't mean to insult you.

They are migrants. We just treat them much worse. And in anyway the report I link above was into all immigration and the very DIMA organization itself. I never suggested anyone should get a free pass. Only a fair one. And the report said this was not the case.

Most your post was similar misconstrued, but I couldn't be bothered at this point. It's 7 pm and time to go.
                                                        Of course please have a lovely day I can't keep you here!
                                                        Last edited by Guest; 03-02-17, 08:05.

Comment

What's for tea later
                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Remembered two weeks ago and most of you were certain a video of Trump getting a golden shower was about to be released.
                                                            Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 03-02-17, 12:03.

Comment

I just meant that it's probably common in rural areas for the school to "help out" the local shop by going with options that can only be had there. They are probably related somehow.

To be fair, we had a particular jumper for secondary. And tracksuit (which was terrible looking and cheap). Then the school brought in a specific runners policy to prevent, a cheap pair of HiTec that you had to wear in PE to prevent bullying/pressure to keep up with the latest Air Max.

Surely Penny's is around since then. I've no idea I was only born mid-80s. But figure it's around ages.
                                                              I don't think Primark got to Glasgow till some time in the 2000's. It only opened in Edinburgh in 2011. It was when Littlewoods died it took over in Scotland and I was living in Ireland then and found the wonder that was Penny's! was amazing haha.

As for the school thing, There could be a link between the shops. In Letterkenny it was called "County Seat" and it was an expensive clothes shop that did all the uniforms. But the boys schools were in 3 shops. You could get regular trousers anywhere but for the girls we were screwed over with brown trousers etc which had to be bought at the shop!

I strated school in 1977 and we had a normal uniform of grey skirt/trousers. white/blue shirt and a grey jumper and school tie.
                                                              For PE we wore the school pants with a plain polo shirt I think. I know the pants were navy blue. Crazy when you look back! In secondary school we used running pants for PE with a red polo shirt. We had to sew a red ribbon onto the running pants. They were on top of your pants though!

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                              Think they were mostly only in Ireland in the 70's and 80's. Didn't go big in the UK 'till much later.
                                                              The leader of Penny's/Primark is fascinating. Currently about aged 80 and Irish. Owners of Penney's are Associated British Foods where it's their major division. But this CEO guy hasn't been photographed since, I think, the 70s due to being kidnapped by the IRA then. So he runs this division of one of the largest UK wholesalers and retailers in absolute secrecy from some tiny office in Dublin.
                                                              Someone needs to go visit this guy and tell him Malta need a Penny's store tyvm

Everytime someone says they are visiting we get them to buy stuff lol

Comment

Have no idea of the context of this, but I stopped going there after hearing that staff aren't allowed to keep tips you give them. A tip is apparently considered your contribution to their normal pay, not an actual tip.
                                                                That's not true? It all goes to staff apart from 8% fee on cc tips used to pay for costs of running the system (which has been controversial in the past)

I had no idea Milano was supposed to be a "fancy" pizza place or something?
                                                                Topping range is better than other places, sauce and base are worse.

Zizzi is better and that's coming to the city centre soon. But there are nice Italian places that do pizza better than any of these.
                                                                My favourite pizza in dublin literally only has the base, tomato sauce and some mushrooms. The sauce and base are just ridiculously nice (Enoteca Torino).
                                                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 03-02-17, 09:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                  A lot of problems could be solved by a small number of bullet trains or hyperloops imo.
                                                                  have to agree, better rail to the capital would reduce traffic to manageable levels and allow people to live all round the mindlands to reduce house prices to somewhat affordable.

Comment

GUYS can I ask your opinions on something.

TOTALLY off topic?

Sorry ..I was thinking of writing an article on poker and philosophy. What would practical applications for subjective logic be in poker? It's calculus for subjective and uncertain beliefs and probabilities.

I need to make logic seem sexy...and interesting. And something I can talk about for a hour.

Comment

GUYS can I ask your opinions on something.

TOTALLY off topic?

Sorry ..I was thinking of writing an article on poker and philosophy. What would practical applications for subjective logic be in poker? It's calculus for subjective and uncertain beliefs and probabilities.

I need to make logic seem sexy...and interesting. And something I can talk about for a hour.
                                                                      Is subjective logic in poker not just readjusting your ranges for a player based on reads?

Fwiw I already find logic pretty sexy when my fiance decides to use it - the irrational emotional responses not so much.

Comment

Saw T2 last night, thought it was class.

Comment

Comment

Comment

A lot of problems could be solved by a small number of bullet trains or hyperloops imo.
                                                                              Sure, of course. But he wants a 45 minute train from Dublin airport to Shannon

You could even see the sleeveen prick smirking to himself when they cut from him with his 'Ah shure amn't I da coot hoor that got meself noticed on de Tae Vee aghain'
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                Is subjective logic in poker not just readjusting your ranges for a player based on reads?

Fwiw I already find logic pretty sexy when my fiance decides to use it - the irrational emotional responses not so much.
                                                                                Well it doesn't have anything to do with reads.

But not in the way I meant it. It's more to do with calculating the precise degree of uncertainty and you can make it compatible with binary logic. Which at first seems like a contradiction in terms I know..but it's not.

I can find lots of it referring to gambling but not much for poker.A comparison of subjective and objective probability evaluation of any biases in bettors' decisions. But I can find mostly referring to things like horse racing not poker though.

Comment

I think everything I wrote last night has already been comprehensively disproved. A clear comment on the current state of professorial rigour.
                                                                                  you're just proving that you're ahead of the game

"make shit up, repeat incessantly" has proved to be a massively winning formula lately. Kudos.

By the way, did any one know that Hitch has secret links to Mossad?

Comment

Those Aussie charts are wrong though as they don't account for number of applicants compared to success. It's the proportion of successful applications that matter.

Also there are firms and immigration attorney's who will claim they have a 100 % success rate in brokering these visas for people. And that can't be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                      Spent a lot of time fitting out their new stores in Germany. Big over there, the Gerries mad for bargain shopping
                                                                                      Yeah, clothes are relatively expensive in Germany, particularly kids clothes. When we were living there and people knew we were Irish loads of them would say we love Penny's, we go to Ireland at least once a year just to shop in Penny's.

Comment

Those Aussie charts are wrong though as they don't account for number of applicants compared to success. It's the proportion of successful applications that matter.
                                                                                        I did go digging for that info hoping for a slam dunk. But alas, I couldn't find it. Not with a by country breakdown of it anyway. I'd don't think it would be hugely indicative either way though. Costing $5k-10k+ very few are applying for the craic.

Comment

I did go digging for that info hoping for a slam dunk. But alas, I couldn't find it. Not with a by country breakdown of it anyway. I'd don't think it would be hugely indicative either way though. Costing $5k-10k+ very few are applying for the craic.
                                                                                          You can't for good reason. There is the 457 visa. Migrant worker and it's employer sponsored it's assessed by country. Then PR visa assessed by points and profession. For example people in hospitality used to have a high success rate. But in the last two years they were changed to a high over stay risk profession and now have a high refusal rate.

People applying for student visas from differing countries have to jump through more hoops than others.

A student from a Level 1 country, only needs to submit a declaration that they have the finance required.

Level 4, is expected to gather together 3 years' worth of tuition fees and living expenses and park them in an account for 6 months; after which they then apply for a student visa. Then do a Ielts test.

in a level 1 country a Level 1 country, only needs to submit a declaration that they have the finance required.

Far less hoops. And that is not reciprocal.

It's must harder to meet the requirements for a level 4 etc it's nothing to do with reciprocal agreements.
                                                                                          Australian Student Visas, obtaining an Australian study visas and immigration to Australia for education, temporary visas for the durations of the course of study with limited work rights in Australia.

UK and USA are Level 1 India is level 4. An indian has far more hoops to jump through and would have to pay all money upfront and have that resting in an Australian account for six months and a IELT test. A UK student just has to have a declaration that they can pay over the time of their studies. No test.

There are more indian students...but they have more hoops to jump through.

Comment

I think I might be Indian.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 03-02-17, 11:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              Sure, of course. But he wants a 45 minute train from Dublin airport to Shannon

You could even see the sleeveen prick smirking to himself when they cut from him with his 'Ah shure amn't I da coot hoor that got meself noticed on de Tae Vee aghain'
                                                                                              It's a better idea than another runway at Dublin Airport when the city is already bursting at the seams from traffic and the only infrastructure mooted to mitigate additional passenger flow is another car park

Comment

You can't for good reason. There is the 457 visa. Migrant worker and it's employer sponsored it's assessed by country. Then PR visa assessed by points and profession. For example people in hospitality used to have a high success rate. But in the last two years they were changed to a high over stay risk profession and now have a high refusal rate.
                                                                                                I don't want to keep banging on about this, but you are wrong here, again.

The 457 isn't a migrant visa. I've had a 457 visa.
                                                                                                It's also not assess by country. You need you need to have a job offer prior to applying. It's designed to fulfill job for skills in demand. High/Low risk isn't a factor.
                                                                                                There was a hospitality shortage, it was put on the list. The shortage was filled, so its gets removed. It's a dynamic list that changes all the time. That completely fine.

Skilled PR visa are assessed by the same list. As that's the entire point of them. To fill skill shortages. Country isn't a factor in points. Other (non-skilled) PR visa aren't assess by any of that.

People applying for student visas from differing countries have to jump through more hoops than others.

A UK student just has to have a declaration that they can pay over the time of their studies. No test.
                                                                                                It's pretty reasonable that prospective students actually have the money to pay for their course. Everyone has to have the adequate money regardless of where there are from. Asking certain people to prove funds shouldn't be a issue if they have the money. You only need the first term, as you can indicate you'll work a part time job to provide on going funds.
                                                                                                The course you are doing also affects risk factor. Somebody doing PHD is less of a overstay risk than a person studying martial arts in the local community college (I know I guy who got a student visa based on that - he's overstayed).

And the courses are taught in English. It's completely reasonable that prospective students can actually speak english. It's the same requirement for everyone. It's proved by passing a test, or being a native english speaker. Trying to present that as racism is a bit ridiculous.

Now, I'm out. I swears

Comment

Ship the Wales v Ireland, Ireland v France and Ireland v England rugby tickets.

Just need the right results now!!
                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Mellor do you not see Indian Students are being held to stricter criteria ? And do you agree with this if so?

Comment

Topic change.

This is beautiful Judo
                                                                                                      SPOILER

This is a beautiful table
                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                      [imgl]https://giant.gfycat.com/LargeInfamousEel.gif[/imgl]

Who the fuck eats pizza this way
                                                                                                      SPOILER

Comment

Topic change.

This is beautiful Judo
                                                                                                        SPOILER

This is a beautiful table
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        [imgl]https://giant.gfycat.com/LargeInfamousEel.gif[/imgl]

Who the fuck eats pizza this way
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        I love your topic change.

Have you seen Kung fu hustle?

Comment

Mellor do you not see Indian Students are being held to stricter criteria ? And do you agree with this if so?
                                                                                                          It's not a stricter criteria. It's the same criteria, for example that they can speak English - as thats what he course is given in.
                                                                                                          People from the UK, Ireland, USA and Canada only don't have to sit a test. And yes, I'm perfectly ok with that. It's nothing against Indians. Somebody from France or Germany has to do the test too.

Comment

A question for the ages.

Lampard or Gerrard

As Frank Lampard follows Steven Gerrard into retirement, you decide which former England midfielder was the better player.

Comment

It's a better idea than another runway at Dublin Airport when the city is already bursting at the seams from traffic and the only infrastructure mooted to mitigate additional passenger flow is another car park
                                                                                                              No its not.
                                                                                                              Whatever the arguments for and against another runway at Dublin are the answer is absolutely not going to be building a train line longer than UK's HS1 to ferry passengers from one runway to another.

LOLKerry people
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                Ship the Wales v Ireland, Ireland v France and Ireland v England rugby tickets.

Just need the right results now!!
                                                                                                                managing to convince myself that Scotland are coming good but will snap out of it by tomorrow

Comment

It's not a stricter criteria. It's the same criteria, for example that they can speak English - as thats what he course is given in.
                                                                                                                  People from the UK, Ireland, USA and Canada only don't have to sit a test. And yes, I'm perfectly ok with that. It's nothing against Indians. Somebody from France or Germany has to do the test too.
                                                                                                                  I don't think you personally have anything against Indians. I know you don't.

But a student from India must pay the full tuition upfront. And someone from the USA can pay year by year.

And someone from Japan doesn't have to do the English test. Neither does someone from Malaysia.

Anyway it's not like Govts ever do anything fairly or sensibly for people anywhere. I think OZ has too many sub visas.

Here is Kung Fu Hustle
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 03-02-17, 12:20.

Comment

...

Comment

The airport is outside of the city and yes it should have another runway. If it was still the 90's when every US bound plane stopped in Shannon than the train would have made sense.

Better trains and hyperlinks around Ireland would be great for lots of reasons - none of which are to stop the building of the runway to increase capacity to cope with the demand at Dublin airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        No its not.
                                                                                                                        Whatever the arguments for and against another runway at Dublin are the answer is absolutely not going to be building a train line longer than UK's HS1 to ferry passengers from one runway to another.

LOLKerry people
                                                                                                                        Building another runway at Dublin airport with the current infrastructure deficit is the worst idea. Doing nothing would be better than building either, but a new runway is the worst.

A high speed train starting in Dublin airport that terminated in a plunge over the cliffs of Moher is a better idea.

Comment

I have little experience with airports in comparison to most. But i don't think i have really ever enjoyed one. I can't stand them. I hate flying. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzG_3UJ-LvU

I wonder how people who travel a lot musicians etc do it ...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X