This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    On a stag. In fucking Tullamore. Lads my age have no business getting married.
    In fairness the ladies of Bogville fairly know how to shake it
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

In fairness the ladies of Bogville fairly know how to shake it
      Pics...

Comment

scenes in JFK as federal just puts a hold on trumps ban
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Like I said...

Trump presidency... don't call out the muppets who celebrate it, sit back and enjoy it. It's only been a week. Enjoy it.

ENJOY IT. BIGLY.

Comment

sorted
            Last edited by TheDrunkenOne; 29-01-17, 04:43.

Comment

Tullamore Gardai havecan admirable approach to law and order. Supermacs esp

Comment

ah jeez. Frampton was out boxed tonight. 3rd fight in Belfast will/would be awesome and feel Frampton will take it but both him and Cruz soo evenly matched will be close its something to look forward to

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                  ah jeez. Frampton was out boxed tonight. 3rd fight in Belfast will/would be awesome and feel Frampton will take it but both him and Cruz soo evenly matched will be close its something to look forward to
                  i predict things also this 3rd fight wont be in belfast. frampton could have made this fight in belfast but he choose to take the money which is fair enough. he will want to give up a juicey chunk to have home advantage. though the crowd wasnt lively. maybe cruz wont get a better offer. good fight again. dont really care about a 3rd so fast.

Comment

Ready to rock on 3 hours sleep. I'm a machine.

Talking to kerry lads about football over the breakfast. Think they worked me out fairly fast.

Comment

Fed >>>>>>Trump

Comment

Shit. This will go to five won't it.

And we all know how that ends.....

Comment

Shit. This will go to five won't it.

And we all know how that ends.....
                          Look like 5 alright. Couldnt call it one way or another.
                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                            Look like 5 alright. Couldnt call it one way or another.
                            Nadal will be unbeatable in the fifth. Fed gone to pieces atm.

Comment

Know a lad who put 75 on Federer at 40/1 pre open. Imagine he is half drunk now!
                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Fuck me, that shot by Nadal to go 4-1 up. He can't possibly lose this now.

Comment

Never mind the result.

Let me just say this: if any man does not harbour a deep and abiding love for Roger Federer, then you are clearly a sociopathic deviant of the very worst sort.

Comment

Never mind the result.

Let me just say this: if any man does not harbour a deep and abiding love for Roger Federer, then you are clearly a sociopathic deviant of the very worst sort.
                                    You may not need to harbour it.

From pretty impeccable source Mirka is just his beard, their two sets of twins were born using ivf and he's had a long term male partner.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Wow wow wow

Comment

Nadal falling apart

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post

From pretty impeccable source Mirka is just his beard, their two sets of twins were born using ivf and he's had a long term male partner.
                                            Shit. Cover blown.

Comment

FINISH HIM!!!@!@!

Comment

What a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post

What's the story with Djokovic,they were hinting at something spicy on off the ball the other day for his dip in form

Comment

That was good,always sobering hearing commentators talking about guys your age as if they are crocked geriatrics though

Comment

Wins a Slam a mere 7 years after RD3 told him to retire as he was past it.

Comment

Why do people keep calling trumps executive order a Muslim ban? Has he added Indonesia,Pakistan,india,Bangladesh,Nigeria,turkey Egypt , Algeria or morocco?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                          Wins a Slam a mere 7 years after RD3 told him to retire as he was past it.

wp aj

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III
                                                          Originally posted by The C Kid
                                                          View Post
                                                          Fed got the big heart. Amazing tennis.
                                                          he's come right back to the pack in the last few months

retire imo; the greatest player of all time should go out at or near the top
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                            That was good,always sobering hearing commentators talking about guys your age as if they are crocked geriatrics though
                                                            Ha!! In tennis terms it's so old though. In athletic terms generally it's old.

That was a tremendous ending. I don't have a huge love for this era of tennis, but Federer is a truly magnificent sportsman that one can only admire.
                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                              Anybody any experience of switching from curtains to blinds throughout their house? I am contemplating it but is there anything I should be considering before doing so?
                                                              That they aren't mutually exclusive.

Comment

Anybody any experience of switching from curtains to blinds throughout their house? I am contemplating it but is there anything I should be considering before doing so?
                                                                Just don't get cream venetian ones. Absolutely impossible to keep clean. Nightmare.

I'd recommend Martin Boland tullamore btw. Know him from leinster express days. In business yrs and quite good to haggle with. He will come out take measurements and fit for you.

I got one for kitchen and sitting room has three windows( Bay window obv) and two front bedrooms was 650 to give you idea
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    That they aren't mutually exclusive.
                                                                    Blinds and curtains???

The ravings of a madman!

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                      Why do people keep calling trumps executive order a Muslim ban? Has he added Indonesia,Pakistan,india,Bangladesh,Nigeria,turkey Egypt , Algeria or morocco?
                                                                      What would you call it?

Comment

@ GAB, pm your number and I'll get you sorted for blinds.
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

On my way home from the Raheny 5 mile, my first ever race.

What an awesome experience, loved every second of it. Lost a couple of mins I'd say weaving through people in the first mile, so missed my target of 36 mins, may not have hit it anyway but delighted with my (I think ) 39:10.

Quite emotional running up Sybil Hill on her anniversary.

Comment

If it was me I would be considering each room and exposure to the sun. Decide if I would prefer blackout blinds instead of normal ones as I wouldn't want the sun getting me up too early. I would not go for specific colours as you might not want to tie yourself to certain colours.

Are you thinking of roller blinds or venetian? Roman maybe? There are so many different options out there. I wouldn't stick to one type and view each room different. Although for the front of the house I would keep some things similar like have same type on the bottom floor and similar on other levels if that makes sense.

Comment

Anyone know when last batch of Ep tix are likely to go on sale?
                                                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

re Blinds

only thing I'll say about them is things do break on them and they are hard to fix. basically you'll have to get someone out each time a tilter goes, slat breaks, etc. Curtains are more durable imo.

I have blinds all over the house, blackouts in kids room and attic.

Edit to say Lazare is a legend when you're in trouble

Comment

Fabric is a bad idea close to glass. We've had mould problems with a couple of them (not helped by not being home to have windows open during the day)
                                                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Satnav: I'd hold off on getting Mia an electric just yet. Let her on the accoustic for a while, she's good at her chord changes, now it's just practice practice practice. Let her learn her way around the accoustic for a little while yet.

ElShambles:
                                                                                    Recorded with it yesterday, rehearsal session today. It's fucking sweet as. There's an 18v preamp in it and I swear for 440 quid it plays and sounds like something 3 times the price. I was always a p-bass fan or heavier but am surprised at how versatile this is and maybe it's me getting old, but I can't see myself not playing a J bass for a very long time.
                                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                      @ GAB, pm your number and I'll get you sorted for blinds.
                                                                                      Would recommend btw. A1

Comment

On my way home from the Raheny 5 mile, my first ever race.

What an awesome experience, loved every second of it. Lost a couple of mins I'd say weaving through people in the first mile, so missed my target of 36 mins, may not have hit it anyway but delighted with my (I think ) 39:10.

Quite emotional running up Sybil Hill on her anniversary.
                                                                                        It's a good day out usually. How many runners do you know?

Comment

big blind or small blind
                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

It's a good day out usually. How many runners do you know?
                                                                                            In and around 3500. A record afaik.

Amazing set up, such a great day. Seemed very nostalgic too, my Mam is from Watermill in Raheny, I spent a lot of my childhood days out there but haven't really been out that way in maybe 25 years, all those big trees along All Saints for instance brought back lots of memories.

A lovely day.

I posted this over on boards, sums things up for me, very emotional day...

Originally posted by Lazare
                                                                                            This was a really emotional day for me today.

My wife and I lost our little baby this time last year, she died just days before she was due. We're not 100% sure but I think today is her anniversary.

Her name is Sybil (Sybie) and she was a little sister to our two year old.

I took up running last year and I ran to help me deal with losing her. I was in some pain this week and was advised not to run, I could feel my calf burning from the moment we started but as soon as we turned up Sybil Hill I felt like I was gliding. Seeing the Little Sisters building then made me weep.

Sorry, I just felt I needed to share.

Thank you to everyone involved for making this such a beautiful day for me.

Comment

Ugh, hope that doesn't look like thanks whoring, just bursting here, wanna bit of off yiz.

Comment

Grá mor to the Lazare fella.

Comment

Caught Manchester by the sea today, easily the pick of the Oscar noms for me. But Anomolisa and Hunt for the Wilderpeople the two standout films of the last year imo.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Ugh, hope that doesn't look like thanks whoring, just bursting here, wanna bit of off yiz.

Comment

Comment

gfyl
                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                                          gfyl
                                                                                                          glolm

Cheers man

Comment

Some whore for the thanks GAB.

Comment

Hey Laz, I think it's nice to write your thoughts down. I imagine it's therapeutic for you. BT or Vodafone or one of those brands had an advert a few years ago selling phones and the tagline was "it's good to talk", I'm not sure how many phones they sold but the message was certainly correct. It's one of the good things about IPB is that people can feel comfortable sharing stuff, and they should, because I know from my own life that talking is good. I also think it is important to help others understand that bad stuff happens and in general a lot of people have a lot of problems. People also learn from these things and those learnings can benefit others. Here is one for you of how you sharing your unfortunate circumstances had a little ripple effect on somebody else. A colleague in work and his wife lost their to be first child in the same circumstances as you just a few days before the expected arrival date. We wanted to get them a card and a subtle gift/gesture. I remembered you mentioned the feileacain charity somewhere at the time of your loss so we made a donation to the charity and wrote to them in a card how we had made that donation on their behalf and in the memory of their own lost child. It meant a lot to them, I can imagine far more than a bunch of flowers and a teddy bear. Had you not shared what you did, we couldn't have done that for them. Little ripples, benefit of some size or another to many. Stay strong man, get that strength from wherever you feel like.
                                                                                                              Feileacain are a great charity. They provide memory boxes to parents who have lost a child, put on support groups and also run remembrance services twice a year. That was a great idea GAB.
                                                                                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
                                                                                                                With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
                                                                                                                Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
                                                                                                                A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
                                                                                                                Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
                                                                                                                Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
                                                                                                                Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
                                                                                                                The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
                                                                                                                With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
                                                                                                                Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
                                                                                                                The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
                                                                                                                Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
                                                                                                                I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Last edited by DeadParrot; 29-01-17, 22:34. Reason: edited pic of massive dickhead for size

Comment

jesus half of boston seems out protesting

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    jesus half of boston seems out protesting
                                                                                                                    That looks like 330k people to you? You must be using Trumps own crowd estimator.
                                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

A nice couple of pages to catch up on. Tears and laughter. A grand bunch of people here.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                        That looks like 330k people to you? You must be using Trumps own crowd estimator.
                                                                                                                        works for him

an 11 month old really hurt my usual rumble feast.
                                                                                                                        one packet of crisps few beers some apples.
                                                                                                                        How the mighty have fallen

Comment

Governor of Washington Jay Inslee has declared Trump an enemy of the USA.

The man has the heart of a Lion. I fully stand behind what he says.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The lion has roared.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X