Currently down to 32.
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
          Jaysus. When I posted this it was with months in mind. She was gone 2 hours later. Only 61 and was out shopping last Saturday.
          Very sorry to hear.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          It'll be a whirlwind of a few days. All you can do is whatever she needs you to, even if that's keeping the kids a little further away for a fee hours or even closer to distract her a little. I'm sure you'll figure it out though but it's a tough time for ye all.
          Couldn't agree with this more. Wise words.

One of my biggest regrets in life, is not being a better human around the time herself Dad passed

Comment

Been watching nadal semi for the last 4 hours, brillant stuff. You gotta feel Federer the real winner as whoever wins tonight is gonna be drained for sunday.
            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Condolences Zuut. 61 is no age at all.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                you could, but surely that's messing for messings sake? If the presser at the top is so vital to Klopps gameplan (which it seems to be) then surely deploying Origi/Ojo/A N Other in that role and leaving Firmino up top is the way to go?

I also think the whole 'Mane is missing' piece is a bit of a red herring. A player you didn't have 5 months ago is suddenly the fulcrum for the entire team. If it's true it's a damning indictment of the rest of the squad and means you're unlikely to challenge for anything significant.

My own view (from a casual perspective to be fair) is that Klopp only knows one way to play, but that he suffered a confidence wobble as OPR pointed out and as a result he's trying to unprogam the players from what was working so well to allow for some more defensive nous. For reasons best known to themselves professional footballers can't seem to master more than one thing at a time and so they are struggling (much like the United team since Ferguson left)
                Ojo has hardly played a senior game and Origi is hardly a winger. Even doing that you are putting them in a side to replace Coutinho. That is hardly a like for like kind of replacement. Firmino would have been the obvious choice to replace his kind of contribution on the wing especially considering we looked to have depth in the striker department. The squad just isn't very good. It isn't like he took the presser from the tip of the three and tried to played the same way. He reverted to move reactive defensive football while making the player changes.

Now if that is a crisis of confidence in the style or a lack of faith in the players available to play that style I don't really know. Maybe they are just burnt out. We play like an away team in the Europe at the moment. He has said in interviews that the pattern of games have just defaulted to this because of the way the flow of the games have gone with an early goal or whatever and it isn't a style he is enforcing on the team.

Opr
                Last edited by Opr; 27-01-17, 14:43.

Comment

Originally Posted by zuutroy View Post
                  Jaysus. When I posted this it was with months in mind. She was gone 2 hours later. Only 61 and was out shopping last Saturday.
                  So sorry. And for your wife it must be a singular life changing loss. You will be the thing she keeps faith in.

Hugs xxx

Comment

What kind of a deal has Fedor Holz made with the devil? His results are unfathomable in live poker over the last year. Currently down to the last 9 in that Aussie world series.

Total life earnings: $41,755,501. Latest cash: $69,300 on 14-May-2024. Click here to see the details of Fedor Holz's 127 cashes.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                      What kind of a deal has Fedor Holz made with the devil? His results are unfathomable in live poker over the last year. Currently down to the last 9 in that Aussie world series.

Total life earnings: $41,755,501. Latest cash: $69,300 on 14-May-2024. Click here to see the details of Fedor Holz's 127 cashes.

Opr
                      skill game innit
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                        Problem with Liverpool is they haven't had a decent keeper since Reina. Everything else stems from that. Attack was running super hot early in the season, but those numbers were unsustainable. Now they've gone off the boil, results have suffered. Anything else is overcomplicating it.

Selling Reina was a mistake. Yes he wasn't as good as he used to be, but he was still better than the available alternatives.
                        'great presence in the dressing room'
                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                          'great presence in the dressing room'
                          Especially at Christmas!

Comment

Opr
                            He's also 2nd in chips with 7 left in the 100k event which will restart after the ME finishes.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                Got in a whole lot of trouble - police police police - last night because of taxi stuff. Have set up now a credit card on my hailo account to be automatically debited. Massive overreaction imo. I got drunk, forgot to have money, lost my card, but am not intending then by default to rob you. Can we all just be a bit calm about this like normal people.
                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                I'm drinking double gins with CC. Should end well
                                Welcome home Hitch.
                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                  First off my condolences.

As hard as it may seem now, and dealing with the death of a parent is never easy, how quickly it happened is probably good in some ways (although using the word good here seems wrong). Both my mother in law and my mother died in the last 6 years both at the age of 55. We had complete opposites in how it happened though. My mother in law went into hospital with some issues and a few hours later was in a coma. Lasted a couple of weeks after that. My wife struggled with the speed at which it all happened at the time. However, 2 years later my mam was diagnosed with cancer. She managed to struggle and fight for about 18 months undergoing surgery, radiation and chemo. To be honest when she died it was almost a relief, at least for me. Not for any of us but to see her struggle and become a fraction of the woman she was. Both myself and my wife have discussed this since and are of the opinion that whilst both difficult to deal with if we had to do one again we would definitely pick the former.

It won't make it any easier on your wife at the minute and in spite of it all no matter how long you have to prepare for the loss of a parent, them dying is one thing and being dead is entirely another. The shock of them dying still gets you particularly when it happens when they are younger than you ever would have expected it to happen at.

All you can do is be there for her. As others have said just whatever she needs or the small things. Her knowing you are there in itself will help.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                    Welcome home Hitch.
                                    Worst drinking session ever. One pint, one g and t. Literally couldn't hold his drink, or his phone[emoji22]
                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Funkymonk View Post
                                      Both myself and my wife have discussed this since and are of the opinion that whilst both difficult to deal with if we had to do one again we would definitely pick the former.

It won't make it any easier on your wife at the minute and in spite of it all no matter how long you have to prepare for the loss of a parent, them dying is one thing and being dead is entirely another. The shock of them dying still gets you particularly when it happens when they are younger than you ever would have expected it to happen at.

Condolences Zuutroy.

Re the above: My wife's grandfather recently passed through euthanasia (not in Ireland obviously). An odd experience to be around but he was ready, received the last rights, and died quickly, peacefully, and painlessly. While it was surely a hard decision to make it was very "clean". Im not sure if I could make the same decision in the same situation... but I sure wish I had the option!
                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I ended up watching a few doc's last night following the posting of that Curtis one. This one I thought seemed quite a good look at the events that have led to ISIS for anyone interested.

I guess most people know how the Iraq invasion played a pivotal role but I wasn't as aware how much Obama's reluctance to intervene at stages contributed hugely. It is funny watching this from both sides with the benefit of hindsight many people in the doc claim to have seen a mile away what Obama could not at the time. In some alternate reality he lends support and it goes wrong in other ways and we end up vilifying him for that decision. These things are never as simple as presented. I guess not invading in the first place is the real mistake here so while future mistakes may compound things it feels like a rolling ball that may never have been stopped once it gathered enough pace.

The creation of ISIS through a simplified time line like the one presented is also a troubling idea as it forgets the much more complicated factors in the situation but I guess a narrow narrative is how we convey stories. Regardless of the problems it does seem to give a decent overview of events while pulling no punches towards the mistake involved on the American side. Well worth an hour.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr
                                        Obama and Crooked Hillary founded it.

Comment

Received my first 3fe coffee subscription (gift) today

The Laurina variety is incredibly rare! Why is it rare? Laurina, or 'Bourbon Pointu', is a varietal with a very low caffeine content: around 0.6% compared to an average of 1-1.2% for many Arabica types, and compared to over 2% for some Robusta.

Cunts

Comment

Went on a YouTube trawl re aeropress methods today also,talk about unnecessarily over complicating things

Comment

Tapas is bang average!

There it's been said, fish is good but fish is good anyhu and the meat is cheap assed shite!

Still the best food I've eaten in Spain was in an Italian restaurant down the docks in Barcelona!

Comment

The coffee is good though!

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post

2 out of 4
                                                  Worst drinking session ever. One pint, one g and t. Literally couldn't hold his drink, or his phone[emoji22]
                                                  Pray for Hitch!

Comment

One man and his meaty sausage.

Picked this bad boy up in Toulouse last weekend and currently baking it in the oven. 98% pork!
                                                    SPOILER

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Standard imo. France has ruined him.

Comment

That's too much pork. Rusk is important for both texture and flavour.
                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Had vegan sausages for breakfast.

Comment

Betting question which has me very worried.

Wrote out a slip before Christmas.

Superbowl MVP Matt Ryan @6/1

Obviously shouldnt say Superbowl, the only market available on the day was the bet I intended to do regular season MVP.

Superbowl MVP market wasn't available and if it was he would be at least 50/1.

Rang support which was no help, all I got was a "yeah it should be fine"

What's the verdict?

Comment

My condolences zuut.

Got up myself this morning to a message @6am that my mam was taken to hospital at 2am. Somehow she managed to fall and bust her face, cant remember what happened but phoned her brother for help, he only lives 5 mins walk away.

Stitched her nose and dressed a cut on her lip in A&E, i got in t 6.30 and she was adamant she wasn't staying, they discharged her an hour later after getting her to sign a waiver.

Get her back home and while having a coffee maybe an hour later, she starts bleeding from one nostril, clean it up, flow gets faster and now its coming out the other nostril, then both, pissing out. Just thinking back now it really scared the shit out of me.

Called 999 and an ambulance came, she was vomiting, seemed like in and out of consciousness, very scary. They examined her and put it down to the blood thinners she is on along with the trauma to her nose, advised her to go back to A&E, not having any of it. She agreed if it started again she would, thankfully it hasnt...fingers crossed.

The brother is down with her now and im back home for a rest, she is booked in with her GP for monday and will get MRI and CAT scans lined up. Need to figure whats going on that she blacked out.

Its not easy when parents get older, shes only 68 but this is the third instance in the last 18 months between falls and stents fitted.

The force is strong, dont fuck with the BBV.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                              Billy Bragg? If anything happens that causes you to miss it (and I'm not wishing it on you at all, no siree I'm not) then I'll bagsy the tickets if that's ok?
                                                              Edit: yes, im still going. need several strong drinks.
                                                              Last edited by oleras; 27-01-17, 19:46.
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                One man and his meaty sausage.
                                                                Got to the bit in the second Backstrom book where he's doing the press conference after the fracas in his apartment during an extended sit on the jacks in work today and I wasn't able to control the actual LOLing out loud Brilliant!
                                                                Loved that he mentions the resemblance to Andy Sipowicz.... I had him pegged as looking like a cross between Andy and Van Morrison .
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

All4 have Trainspotting available for the weekend which is sound of them.
                                                                  I'll give it a gander as it's been a while before heading to the flicks on my todd for the first time in about 20 years, Mrs hamster is refusing!

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                    I'll give it a gander as it's been a while before heading to the Flicks on my todd for the first time in about 20 years, Mrs hamster is refusing!
                                                                    The whole cast and director are on Graham Norton tonight for a Trainspotting special at 10.30. The reviews for the film seem to be very decent which is a nice surprise.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                      That's too much pork. Rusk is important for both texture and flavour.
                                                                      garlic mash and caramelized onions on the side and managed to force 3\4 of it down, kids ate the rest

a St Nicholas de Bourgueil was a bit too light to stand up to that much pork though, poor wine wanker choice. Must do better.

Comment

The whole cast and director are on Graham Norton tonight for a Trainspotting special at 10.30. The reviews for the film seem to be very decent which is a nice surprise.

Opr
                                                                        Yeah, have it recording. I abstained from reading any in-depth reviews but caught enough headlines to inspire hope rather than it being pure shite which is what I suspect we were all expecting. Looking forward to it now.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                          I'll give it a gander as it's been a while before heading to the flicks on my todd for the first time in about 20 years, Mrs hamster is refusing!
                                                                          Ha snap. Going tomorrow.

Watched the original for the first time in maybe 10 years the other night. It just holds up so well. Amazing film. No expectation regarding the sequel really but I haven't looked forward to a movie this much in years.

Comment

T2 isn't terrible but the rave reviews are off the mark too
                                                                            Wasn't gonna bother but fell for the reviews,there's some good sequences and quite clever bits in it buts it's working off the same template as Star Wars last year. Memberberries

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                              Wasn't gonna bother but fell for the reviews,there's some good sequences and quite clever bits in it buts it's working off the same template as Star Wars last year. Memberberries
                                                                              Where did you hear rave reviews? Every one I heard or read was much as you described it.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                Some of the reviews have been hilarious, one in the guardian going on about its missing the realism of the first one...

Comments below line funny... From junkies don't play in 5 aside leagues to heroin addicts in Edinburgh didn't go to bars and hang out in designer clothes
                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 27-01-17, 23:22. Reason: Blame spell checker hitch :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                  Betting question which has me very worried.

Wrote out a slip before Christmas.

Superbowl MVP Matt Ryan @6/1

Obviously shouldnt say Superbowl, the only market available on the day was the bet I intended to do regular season MVP.

Superbowl MVP market wasn't available and if it was he would be at least 50/1.

Rang support which was no help, all I got was a "yeah it should be fine"

What's the verdict?
                                                                                  If support said so, it should be fine. I'm not totally sure but perhaps the betslip number incorporates the market ID in their system.
                                                                                  I'd confirm via email or webchat and save the conversation. I'd say you'll be fine though.

On a side note if anyone wants to pick up some value, it looks like Carmelo Anthony will be moving to the Clippers, the move won't make them favs but should drop to 10-12/1 mark should the trade happen.
                                                                                  It looks likely and they're 25s now
                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 27-01-17, 23:25.

Comment

Went to Bunsen on my tod, after meeting Hitch. Burger was fine, though nothing special imo. Fries were the worst fries I've ever had, and fuck off calling them hand cut, Edward Scissorhands couldn't cut potatoes that symmetrically.

Comment

Went to Bunsen on my tod, after meeting Hitch. Burger was fine, though nothing special imo. Fries were the worst fries I've ever had, and fuck off calling them hand cut, Edward Scissorhands couldn't cut potatoes that symmetrically.
                                                                                      I had planned on going there tomorrow, may just give it a miss now.
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Just walked into an Irish bar ( ashamed to admit) bunch on English cunce start abusing me about having a shaved head to impress a few auld wants in skirts, how very Irish

Might break out the 'bout ya accent if they start again

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                          I had planned on going there tomorrow, may just give it a miss now.
                                                                                          I'd welcome another opinion on it though. I was disturbingly creeped out by the school seats from the 1980's which may have skewed my experience.

Comment

Where did you hear rave reviews? Every one I heard or read was much as you described it.
                                                                                            Might just have been this one!

Danny Boyle’s followup to the cult 1996 hit isn’t quite as quick and extraordinary as the original, but it is a funny, moving ode to middle-aged male disillusion whose risks pay off in spades

Comment

severe lack of updates , worse than The Planet Poker tour

kinda visulising this as Hitch is capable of anything

SPOILER
                                                                                              Last edited by SatNav; 28-01-17, 00:13.
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                Il step in:

I've just walked into a fairly cool blues joint, really good band doing covers

Translation slightly wrong mind

What would you do has become what would I do
                                                                                                &
                                                                                                Il try not to sing out of key has become I will try to sing out of key

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

kinda visulising this as Hitch is capable of anything

SPOILER
                                                                                                  Updates? I'm just glad he's still alive, or some randomer has his phone and is thanking posts.

Comment

Tonight you're gonna stay with me is
                                                                                                    Tonight I'm gonna stay with me

So he just told Rita he is going for a wank

Comment

The guys involved in the AI poker bot versus Humans are currently doing an AMA over on reddit. It is interesting from a non-poker perspective as poker being a game of non complete information was believed to still being a long way from beating the best so it is a pretty big deal in AI development outside of poker.

Opr

Comment

This is awesome!
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Full on proper Spanish nite-club, not a fucking clue

Resident Norwegian had to vouch for me on door, he was having a fag and told them I was stone cold sober, just my accent

God bless our slur'd assed accent

Comment

Been watching this guys videos for a while, brilliant satire imho

Donald Trump kicks off his presidency with executive orders to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border and ban immigrants from Muslim-majority countries. W...

Comment

Sorry to read that zuut.

RIP that lady.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                Full on proper Spanish nite-club, not a fucking clue

Resident Norwegian had to vouch for me on door, he was having a fag and told them I was stone cold sober, just my accent

God bless our slur'd assed accent
                                                                                                                Room full of MILF's, all want cock, all would probably crawl across broken glass for the Irish cock, only think is you need to speak spanish to get it

AND the only thing is; this is genuinely the only Spanish I know

Esto es un robo is a tad rapey tbh
                                                                                                                i'l try again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                  Been watching this guys videos for a while, brilliant satire imho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GZVzvyZ07o
                                                                                                                  Denny, you are no longer a fucktard; you are now someone who should not be made fun of in public!

Hey; you like stuff?

That's good, stuff is fun!!!

Rigs; derpie derp pe derp, You are a fucktard!

Comment

Sorry about your Mom Oleras.

Anytime you need to vent Zutroy ...do. All of your posts about your personal experiences guys ..nothing but compassion for you all.

Comment

I met Denny during the week and I think I caught him making an unflattering reference about Trump...his mask may be slipping

Comment

Well Trump has banned all immigration from 7 Muslim countries. On holocaust memorial day.

Also on holocaust memorial day he excluded Jews and banned pentagon media staff commemorating holocaust memorial day.

He has also announced plans for a Tax on Mexican goods specifically.

This was quite touching from the Mayor of Berlin.

Also Russia made it so that domestic violence is now no longer a criminal offense.

The parliament voted to decriminalize it ...380 votes to 3....yeah ...380 to 3...three people in the Russian parliament were the only ones to think domestic violence should be a crime. This also covers beating your children too. Ya...

WHO FAILS TO MENTION THE JEWS ON HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL ....OR ANTISEMITISM....Is it even a holocaust memorial then?? Like ....what IS that ???
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 28-01-17, 04:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                          I met Denny during the week and I think I caught him making an unflattering reference about Trump...his mask may be slipping
                                                                                                                          "it was only for a bet" German soldier in a Berlin William hill office circa 1945

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X