X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Hmm no beers over 4.3% in hotel bar with a collection of about ten beers on tap and a few bottles. May as well be selling water. Surely they'd have at least have one beer for us sophisticated continental sloshes.

Ambushed by the Dean in my [central Dublin uni] speech earlier. Not sure what to make of the whole thing. Clearly it meant something that he made the effort to meet and then turned up to the talk but he seemed to be sending signals that he actively disliked me. Maybe that's just the Irish way! It did seem apart from that like I was being actively recruited.
      You should try selling 3.6% piss for a living! Having deconstructed alco's telling you about the suttle flavours while they self medicate the shakes.

Up nearly 13 hours and just ate breakfast, this can ONLY end well
      Last edited by Guest; 26-01-17, 17:45.

Comment

Mother-in-law was diagnosed with melanoma in November....seems to have spread like crazy. Not looking good

Comment

Ugh! thats horrible, strap yourself in for a very unpleasant ride
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

My grandmother had melanoma, she hated it at first, but it grew on her.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              Mother-in-law was diagnosed with melanoma in November....seems to have spread like crazy. Not looking good
              Sorry to hear that, cancer is a cunt.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

A lot of them don't make themselves known until you're kinda fucked already I think. Could get a full body MRI regularly but not sure how practical that is!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                    My grandmother had melanoma, she hated it at first, but it grew on her.
                    You're a sick cunt. I love banter and a laugh as much as the next man but that's just being a total cunt

Comment

Things going well in the US, they will be replaced by the Best people https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8bf6e00ecd82

Comment

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                          You're a sick cunt. I love banter and a laugh as much as the next man but that's just being a total cunt
                          it might be a bit soon but I doubt he means any harm by it.

tough news zuut, just be there for the missus I suppose.

Comment

I ended up watching a few doc's last night following the posting of that Curtis one. This one I thought seemed quite a good look at the events that have led to ISIS for anyone interested.

I guess most people know how the Iraq invasion played a pivotal role but I wasn't as aware how much Obama's reluctance to intervene at stages contributed hugely. It is funny watching this from both sides with the benefit of hindsight many people in the doc claim to have seen a mile away what Obama could not at the time. In some alternate reality he lends support and it goes wrong in other ways and we end up vilifying him for that decision. These things are never as simple as presented. I guess not invading in the first place is the real mistake here so while future mistakes may compound things it feels like a rolling ball that may never have been stopped once it gathered enough pace.

The creation of ISIS through a simplified time line like the one presented is also a troubling idea as it forgets the much more complicated factors in the situation but I guess a narrow narrative is how we convey stories. Regardless of the problems it does seem to give a decent overview of events while pulling no punches towards the mistake involved on the American side. Well worth an hour.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr

Comment

Ugh. That's going to be difficult even if it turns out well. Awfully sorry to hear that.

Is there a general cancer check that you can do, or it's just wait-and-see until something ends up wrong?
                              lots of separate blood tests, finger up the hole jobs but no one fits all afaik.

think the thing is to use your gut instinct. if you don't feel right get it checked out and don't be afraid to get a second opinion.

Comment

If Utd do happen to go out, Jose will explode. terrible decision.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                  If Utd do happen to go out, Jose will explode. terrible decision.
                                  Did you see Klopps post match interview last night ? I cant recall who reporter was but he wound him right up, he was about one question from exploding.

Comment

Anyone know what the really bright star/planet in sky last few days has been? Also seems to be a small red one alongside?

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                      Did you see Klopps post match interview last night ? I cant recall who reporter was but he wound him right up, he was about one question from exploding.
                                      Heard a bit of it on the radio today. Under pressure alright.

I'm a terrible loser. Once beat I turned off the match. No way I'd watch MOTD if we lost or rewatch an All Ireland we lost. Course if we won an All Ireland, I'd be still watching it the following Feb

Comment

btw, Southampton were far better over both legs and I didn't actually think it was a pen at the end, so nothing to complain about from Klopp imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                          Anyone know what the really bright star/planet in sky last few days has been? Also seems to be a small red one alongside?
                                          Venus is the bright one and Mars is close to it at the moment is noticeably red

Comment

I'm a terrible loser. Once beat I turned off the match. No way I'd watch MOTD if we lost or rewatch an All Ireland we lost. Course if we won an All Ireland, I'd be still watching it the following Feb
                                            btw, Southampton were far better over both legs and I didn't actually think it was a pen at the end, so nothing to complain about from Klopp imo.
                                            I turned it off as soon as the goal went in as that was clearly it. No interest in watching the post match stuff or other football after it.

It just about wasn't a penalty, but you've seen them given. There should have been one for handball before that though. Still, clearly Southampton were the better team with the better chances over the two legs.

Comment

#alternativeview

Comment

Right, all piss taking aside. It never usually works but let's try it. Careca, 5star, other pool fans.

Are Liverpool missing Mane that much?? Hardly? They didnt miss Coutinho this much and he's a far better player imo. Is Klopps high intensity gameplan taking its toll on a squad that's not very deep? Imo yes. Must be other things wrong that I don't see as I don't support/watch Liverpool.

Comment

Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Right, all piss taking aside. It never usually works but let's try it. Careca, 5star, other pool fans.

Are Liverpool missing Mane that much?? Hardly? They didnt miss Coutinho this much and he's a far better player imo. Is Klopps high intensity gameplan taking its toll on a squad that's not very deep? Imo yes. Must be other things wrong that I don't see as I don't support/watch Liverpool.
                                                    Liverpool haven't been the same team since the International break way back at the start of November which was before Coutinho's injury. Many fans not watching them week in, week out, won't have maybe seen that because they have manged to dig out results and kept picking up points while not playing well. Liverpool went on that international break demolishing Watford 6-1, playing fantastic football and sweeping all before them. They came back with what looked at the time like it may be an international hangover with a draw against Southampton 0-0. The following game was when Countiho got injured.

The football since then has been nothing resembling the kind played in the early portion of the season. We grinded out results such as away to Everton, City a draw with United but they were in a completely different manner to how we had swept even the top teams early in the season. The football being played has completely changed. The results turning has been coming for some time and it is only if you were watching games week in, week out would maybe be aware of that. The reason behind it all I can't quite put my finger on as while the players out have been huge losses the complete shift in philosophy can't be explained away with that.

A mad theory I have is around the idiocy that went on about Liverpool conceding goals. Liverpool were killing teams but with the odd mad game fired in when they conceded a load. A madness went on of finding fault with every Liverpool goal that was conceded. I remember even when we were winning by 4,5 or 6 goals that the one of two goals that we conceded got dissected to death in the media. It was like we were striving for some kind of perfection instead of just saying fuck it we are scoring truck loads at one end, lets just concentrate on doing that better and better. I can't remember which game it was but I think we were up 4 or 5 nil and we conceded a late goal. All the nonsense seemed to feed into Klopp and he went mad on the side line with the players. Recently we have reverted to playing a far more shape based, rigid, reactive football which is completely alien to what I watching in the early part of the season.

Opr

Comment

2 out of 4
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Dobby, I hope you learned your lesson. The Pool fans have reams of the stuff ready for questions like this

Off work sick with a virus, puking for a solid 18 hours

Pluses
                                                        The tip of my old six pack resurfaces when I cough really hard.
                                                        Down nearly a stone.
                                                        Plus I appear to have the flexibility of an olympic gymnast, some of the puking contorions have been very impressive.

Anyone got a link for Manchester by the Sea ?

Comment

It could be one of a few things really. It could be form/confidence, it could be the fact that the players were playing above themselves but have now reverted to a more ordinary level, it could be the fact that teams might have somewhat figured out how to play against a Klopp team, or it just simply be that without all of Coutinho/Firmino/Mane/Lallana playing together the fluency isn't there and the squad can't cover the prolonged absence of any one of them.

It is probably a combination of a few of those things though. Over the last few years though there has been an enduring fragility to Liverpool teams, no matter who the manager is, and when things are going badly it tends to snowball at times when the media criticism and focus builds on the things they are doing wrong, which Opr talks about. I had hoped that those things were behind them, but it seems not to be. I think once Mane comes back, if the others stay injury free, things will improve a bit, but it just seems too static at times with less of the instinctive one touch stuff that was prevalent in September/October.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                                                            Dobby, I hope you learned your lesson. The Pool fans have reams of the stuff ready for questions like this

Off work sick with a virus, puking for a solid 18 hours

Pluses
                                                            The tip of my old six pack resurfaces when I cough really hard.
                                                            Down nearly a stone.
                                                            Plus I appear to have the flexibility of an olympic gymnast, some of the puking contorions have been very impressive.

Anyone got a link for Manchester by the Sea ?
                                                            seventorrents.win is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, seventorrents.win has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Huh, I guess it can work.

Ok so like I said I obviosuly don't watch them much but what Opr said makes sense and I agree with 5star about the 4 lads being a deadly combination. I think they also missed that lad Matip? in defence. Was injured afaik when he was playing well and then some shite with his country? Also comes back to squad depth like I mentioned.

Do either of ye think it could be the high intensity Klopp demands taking its toll?

Comment

Huh, I guess it can work.

Ok so like I said I obviosuly don't watch them much but what Opr said makes sense and I agree with 5star about the 4 lads being a deadly combination. I think they also missed that lad Matip? in defence. Was injured afaik when he was playing well and then some shite with his country? Also comes back to squad depth like I mentioned.

Do either of ye think it could be the high intensity Klopp demands taking its toll?
                                                                Lack of shape in midfield + pushed on fullbacks exposing open channels, average (at best) centrebacks & dodgy keepers

If you the best looking girl in the room you really don't need to sell your ass!

Comment

This is coming from that guy on twitter shouting very loud about his predictions around this stuff? I certainly think questions can be asked. It seems a hard ask in the premiership with all the games but I still don't think it should be showing this early. One thing I have certainly found strange is his lack of substitutions early in games when we were cruising to give players a rest. He would often keep the same team playing at a very high intense level right to the whistle in games that were done after an hour. I completely trust though Klopp has all the best sports science people and new technology around him to analyse this stuff and he knows the limitations of what the players can and can't do.

I could just as easily make a tactical case that without Coutinho we were forced to move Firmino out of the centre. Klopp needs that first point in the front three to press, press and press of which none of the other options give him and of which Sturridge is the complete antithesis. Without Mane we lack physicality and pace he provides to play a certain way. So this is kind of our plan B to get through this period. That is at least what I am hoping.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                    Why do I always get the fuck who puts their seat back on the plane?

& Why is that still a thing considering there is less space on flights now!?

Still at least it's Norwegian & not Ryanair or aer fungus
                                                                    The trick is to put full knee pressure into the back of their seat as soon as you see it start to move. At my height I physically cant fit behind someone that reclines their seat.
                                                                    I think the whole seatback on a plane thing depends on the airline, or specifically the plane you are flying on. It's one thing to insist you need the space on a tiny little euro hopper. It's an entirely different story on human sized seats you get on the 777s, A380s etc. Plus one those planes the recliner moves the seat part slightly forward, and not just tilts the back backwards.

If somebody wants to try and jam my seat forward flying from Sydney, I'll gladly play that game and see what breaks first.

Ugh. That's going to be difficult even if it turns out well. Awfully sorry to hear that.

Is there a general cancer check that you can do, or it's just wait-and-see until something ends up wrong?
                                                                    Most of them is wait and find in situation. But Melanoma is probably one of the few exceptions given its a readily detectable on the skin. But in typical twist of nature, being more detectable comes hand in hand with being one of the most aggressive and dangerous cancers.

I have a routine skin cancer check every 18months or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                      This is coming from that guy on twitter shouting very loud about his predictions around this stuff? I

Opr
                                                                      No. I try to avoid Twitter, Facebook and general media when it comes to football. Rather watch, talk to other fans and have a discussion. JamieCarra on here is usually who I talk about Liverpool with cos with me being a United fan people usually just think I'm on a wind up.

Couple of other mates can have a decent discussion too but wanted to ask here cos I know there are genuine football fans. Nice to catch you here tonight. I always enjoy reading your posts.

Comment

A little too simplistic really. If there were stats about to show that they were running or sprinting less then fair enough, but I don't think that's the problem currently. It could be a factor at some point, but that would be in a season with more games than this one.

Comment

And to answer your question, it's just what it looks like from the outside looking in. That high intensity game was bound to take its toll.

Also the lack of defensive depth. Milner seems to be one of yer best players from the games I've seen but he's had to do that job due to lack of options. The young lad that made his debut at Plymouth I think? And got skinned first half against United. Again shows a lack of back up. He turned it around second half tbf and looks decent for a youngun but could he keep up that performance over a season.

Seems to just lack a little bit of depth, cos as mentioned Sturridge is not the work horse ye need

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                            A little too simplistic really. If there were stats about to show that they were running or sprinting less then fair enough, but I don't think that's the problem currently. It could be a factor at some point, but that would be in a season with more games than this one.
                                                                            Fair enough. But what Opr said about wiping teams early on and now just scraping a win together has made it look that way I guess. Like I know every team will go on a bad run and maybe this is just one but always interesting to get people's thoughts.

Comment

No. I try to avoid Twitter, Facebook and general media when it comes to football. Rather watch, talk to other fans and have a discussion. JamieCarra on here is usually who I talk about Liverpool with cos with me being a United fan people usually just think I'm on a wind up.

Couple of other mates can have a decent discussion too but wanted to ask here cos I know there are genuine football fans. Nice to catch you here tonight. I always enjoy reading your posts.
                                                                              Raymond Verheijen a Dutch fitness coach has been banging on that Klopp runs players into the ground in pre-season and they will always eventually suffer in the second half - Link

He claims the same about Pochettino but that he has gotten lucky this season that because so many of his players were involved in the Euro and had a relatively short pre-season, Poch was not able to run his players into the ground.

Funny enough I got a good laugh out of MikeHunt's post about having reams of stuff ready as I haven't really posted or talked much about Liverpool at all this season so that first post came out in a huge blurb of information. I nearly finished the post with end of chapter one, chapter two to follow soon it felt like such a long post . I just don't watch enough football anymore to be bother getting involved. The only games I watch are Liverpool ones and outside of that I have hardly caught a single game all season.

Opr

Comment

Raymond Verheijen a Dutch fitness coach has been banging on that Klopp runs players into the ground in pre-season and they will always eventually suffer in the second half - Link

He claims the same about Pochettino but that he has gotten lucky this season that because so many of his players were involved in the Euro and had a relatively short pre-season, Poch was not able to run his players into the ground.

Funny enough I got a good laugh out of MikeHunt's post about having reams of stuff ready as I haven't really posted or talked much about Liverpool at all this season so that first post came out in a huge blurb of information. I nearly finished the post with end of chapter one, chapter two to follow soon it felt like such a long post . I just don't watch enough football anymore to be bother getting involved. The only games I watch are Liverpool ones and outside of that I have hardly caught a single game all season.

Opr
                                                                                Will read that link in the morning ty. Well it was actually posts like the one MikeHunt made that prompted me to say it doesn't usually work but some lads love a wind up and that's fine too.

Think I remember that about Potchetinno actually now you mention it, never knew the source tho. And I'm the same with watching these days, only watch United and the big games involving 2 top 4 clubs. Will occassionally watch MOTD if I'm not working or out. Football is becoming more of a chore to watch. Knock out stages of CL should pick things up hopefully

Comment

i enjoy post match analysis. Its very insightful not so much the opinions of a bad panel but they arent all bad. You can evaluate the game yourself too from better angles. Maybe you saw a few goals go in and a red card down the pub between trips to bar and piss hole. But I dont see everything

The analysis has got better. Every panel needs somebody whos shit because you can think you know better. Everybody thinking Gary Neville is some pundit god. He mainly looked good cause he had a team behind him getting clips to show not so smart off the cuff. Though he is better than lots.

Main problem I think is air time slots. Should be able say well not much happened at all in second half so we will give a quick a look at the goal and save and bye bye. Not try fill 10 mins about a penalty incident because nothing else to discuss.

And people who think giles dunphy brady were great are delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                                    i enjoy post match analysis. Its very insightful not so much the opinions of a bad panel but they arent all bad. You can evaluate the game yourself too from better angles. Maybe you saw a few goals go in and a red card down the pub between trips to bar and piss hole. But I dont see everything

The analysis has got better. Every panel needs somebody whos shit because you can think you know better. Everybody thinking Gary Neville is some pundit god. He mainly looked good cause he had a team behind him getting clips to show not so smart off the cuff. Though he is better than lots.

Main problem I think is air time slots. Should be able say well not much happened at all in second half so we will give a quick a look at the goal and save and bye bye. Not try fill 10 mins about a penalty incident because nothing else to discuss.

And people who think giles dunphy brady were great are delusional.
                                                                                    Back in the day Giles was really good, miles ahead of anything that was on British tv!

Pointing out all kinds of stuff, he gets abuse for not knowing players but at the end of the day who gives a shit about names if you have a lad who reads the shape of the game

So much so that the story goes the lads in the studio would be on the phone to their bookies during the game purely betting on stuff Giles was pointing out!

Comment

Currently down to 32.
                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Currently down to 32.
                                                                                        Jesus, he lost a lot of weight there. Fair play.
                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Currently down to 32.
                                                                                          Also didn't know "Thing" played poker
                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Jaysus. When I posted this it was with months in mind. She was gone 2 hours later. Only 61 and was out shopping last Saturday.

Comment

Jaysus. When I posted this it was with months in mind. She was gone 2 hours later. Only 61 and was out shopping last Saturday.
                                                                                              OMG Zuut, so sorry to hear that. Condolences to you and your wife. She is going to need you so much right now. Take care guys <3

Comment

This is coming from that guy on twitter shouting very loud about his predictions around this stuff? I certainly think questions can be asked. It seems a hard ask in the premiership with all the games but I still don't think it should be showing this early. One thing I have certainly found strange is his lack of substitutions early in games when we were cruising to give players a rest. He would often keep the same team playing at a very high intense level right to the whistle in games that were done after an hour. I completely trust though Klopp has all the best sports science people and new technology around him to analyse this stuff and he knows the limitations of what the players can and can't do.

I could just as easily make a tactical case that without Coutinho we were forced to move Firmino out of the centre. Klopp needs that first point in the front three to press, press and press of which none of the other options give him and of which Sturridge is the complete antithesis. Without Mane we lack physicality and pace he provides to play a certain way. So this is kind of our plan B to get through this period. That is at least what I am hoping.

Opr
                                                                                                you could, but surely that's messing for messings sake? If the presser at the top is so vital to Klopps gameplan (which it seems to be) then surely deploying Origi/Ojo/A N Other in that role and leaving Firmino up top is the way to go?

I also think the whole 'Mane is missing' piece is a bit of a red herring. A player you didn't have 5 months ago is suddenly the fulcrum for the entire team. If it's true it's a damning indictment of the rest of the squad and means you're unlikely to challenge for anything significant.

My own view (from a casual perspective to be fair) is that Klopp only knows one way to play, but that he suffered a confidence wobble as OPR pointed out and as a result he's trying to unprogam the players from what was working so well to allow for some more defensive nous. For reasons best known to themselves professional footballers can't seem to master more than one thing at a time and so they are struggling (much like the United team since Ferguson left)
                                                                                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Currently down to 32.
                                                                                                  8/17 now

Comment

sorry for your loss Zuutroy, hadn't finished the thread before quoting and posting or I'd of held of on it.
                                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Didn't even realise it was on.
                                                                                                      #oldpro
                                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

It'll be a whirlwind of a few days. All you can do is whatever she needs you to, even if that's keeping the kids a little further away for a fee hours or even closer to distract her a little. I'm sure you'll figure it out though but it's a tough time for ye all.

Comment

Jaysus Rob that's awful. So sorry, condolences.
                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Hard enough to buy a gaff at the moment when you're not competing with the fucken government. Gazumped by Dublin City Council!
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Unreal, how does that even happen, heartbreaking, so sad.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                Hard enough to buy a gaff at the moment when you're not competing with the fucken government. Gazumped by Dublin City Council!
                                                                                                                Your own taxes being used against you. But at least some family that is working hard and holding off having a family until they have a place to live can finally make progress with their lives. Oh wait....
                                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                  Your own taxes being used against you. But at least some family that is working hard and holding off having a family until they have a place to live can finally make progress with their lives. Oh wait....
                                                                                                                  Abortions for all IMO
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Problem with Liverpool is they haven't had a decent keeper since Reina. Everything else stems from that. Attack was running super hot early in the season, but those numbers were unsustainable. Now they've gone off the boil, results have suffered. Anything else is overcomplicating it.

Selling Reina was a mistake. Yes he wasn't as good as he used to be, but he was still better than the available alternatives.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 27-01-17, 11:25.

Comment

HELLO ALL

I hope you are all having a good day or if not that it gets better.

Here is something I thought was interesting and worthwhile. It's Noam Chomksy. I went to a lecture he gave a few years ago in UCD. Amazingly he still interacts with people through emails at his age. A friend of mine had a question for his thesis and Chomksy himself was kind enough to answer it through an email.

Noam Chomsky - How to Deal with the Trump Presidency

Source: https://www.democracynow.org/live/democracy_now_s_20th_anniversary_celebration

He makes some wonderful points and saying why we should be helpful. He says how so many people were pro Sanders and this is taking into consideration that Sanders was saying words like SOCIALISM, in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                        The bright one is Venus :-) the smaller one is mars :-) In February it shall pass closer to mars. It's going to shine brightly (Venus ) the first few months of this year Venus is “100 times brighter” than the next shining star. And you can see it from everywhere in Ireland and many other countries too!

Also this year in Dec and August there will shooting stars ;-) So make a wish!

Comment

I am ever so sorry Zuutroy. I am sure it's distressing to your family to endure right now. You are probably a great support to your wife and family. It will mean the world.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X