This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    Never understood complaining about this. The seat goes back because it's unfeasibly uncomfortable in the forward position. It also goes back at an angle, such that it doesn't interfere with the passenger behind. Unless you're a giant and your knees are up in your chin, it shouldn't mean shit to you if the person in front puts their seat back. In summation, man up and deal with it.
    Annoys my knees tbh

+ Do find upright position comfortable myself

+ It's the space I paid for!

Comment

Warm french bread with real butter OMG!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Still at least it's Norwegian & not Ryanair or aer fungus

Annoys my knees tbh

Ironically enough Ryanair seats can't be moved back.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          They aren't half as bad as people make out in fairness.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
            Ooh ya, forgot that!

Comment

I'm with elshambles. Takes a special kind of cunt imo.

Comment

Annoys my knees tbh

You can pay more for an exit seat if you don't have enough space in normal coach seats.

For me, upright position is excruciatingly uncomfortable for more than a few minutes for takeoff and landing. I have a belly and a long history of back problems, deal with it.

No it's not. You paid for the seat. That's all.
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Great game in the Federer semi in the Australian open at the moment
                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

You can pay more for an exit seat if you don't have enough space in normal coach seats.

For me, upright position is excruciatingly uncomfortable for more than a few minutes for takeoff and landing. I have a belly and a long history of back problems, deal with it.

No it's not. You paid for the seat. That's all.
                    That post doesn't make sense, I should pay more due to my dodgy knee because someone else might have a dodgy back!?

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                      You're being so inconsiderate, elshambles has a bum space problem ph.

Comment

Anyhu off to sleep!

Comment

That post doesn't make sense, I should pay more due to my dodgy knee because someone else might have a dodgy back!?
                          Ouch ...I hope it's a short flight. Stretch your quads and IT band. It helps.

Comment

Yes. Again, the seat is designed to go back, because so many people find the upright position uncomfortable. Your seating space makes allowance for this. If it's not enough for you, you can pay for more space.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                              You're being so inconsiderate, elshambles has a bum space problem ph.
                              You saying he has a fat arse?
                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

The trick is to put full knee pressure into the back of their seat as soon as you see it start to move. At my height I physically cant fit behind someone that reclines their seat.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                  The trick is to put full knee pressure into the back of their seat as soon as you see it start to move. At my height I physically cant fit behind someone that reclines their seat.
                                  Ya, was reading about Cheltenham and missed my slot

Comment

The arse is fine, the rest is the problem

Comment

I dream of a world where no bum is left behind.

No of course not , a bum is prefect at any size.

The arse is fine, the rest is the problem
                                      Nope the rest is grand too.

Comment

Pro tip

Get to airport. Go to bar... Drink...

Get on plane... Drink drink drink

Works for me
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

... At my height I physically cant fit behind someone that reclines their seat.

Comment

Another great song from disc 1 "A Sea of Honey" on her 2005 album "Aerial".Lyrics:I remember it was that WednesdayOh when it rained and it rainedThey traipse...

I am doing my laundry.

Comment

I generally cant get my knees into the seat in front anyway so have them either side. When they recline it cracks my kneecaps. Tis lovely. 11 hours from Cape Town once.

Comment

Going to Lords for the cricket now. Fun job explaining this one to MrsDIII later. First few months of the year filled with sporting debauchery.
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                  Going to Lords for the cricket now. Fun job explaining this one to MrsDIII later. First few months of the year filled with sporting debauchery.
                                                  You're my hero! I've floated the idea of a trip to the Champions Cup semis if Leinster make it and end up playing Clermont. Didn't go down brilliantly but not an outright rejection so there's a chance...
                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                    You're my hero! I've floated the idea of a trip to the Champions Cup semis if Leinster make it and end up playing Clermont. Didn't go down brilliantly but not an outright rejection so there's a chance...
                                                    Don't even think about buying me a ticket for that one! Pretty sure she's forgotten about Cardiff too.

Sure you bought Mrs V a mega-mansion. Must be good for a decade at least.

Comment

Oh, Cheltenham trip to Kilkenny is now off the agenda as per above itinerary and recent\incoming shenanigans.

Feel free to organise amongst yourselves.

Comment

Never come across so many men into sports. Very few guys I know are. I must live on mars!

Comment

Never come across so many men into sports. Very few guys I know are. I must live on mars!
                                                          I'd say you hang with more artistic types P&F. We have our occasional art/craft appreciation moments around here but we all like the buzz of sport/gambling/degeneracy as well.
                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Don't even think about buying me a ticket for that one! Pretty sure she's forgotten about Cardiff too.

Sure you bought Mrs V a mega-mansion. Must be good for a decade at least.
                                                            In fairness she's coming around. Once I get her moved in and with family and friends all about i should be golden!!

She's primarily jealous about the rugby trips to be honest. We both have great memories from previous Cardiff trips and the Clermont game in Bordeaux.

Comment

Had along haul flight once where some arsehole Boer was whinging and getting really aggressive that when he put his seat back the guy behind was sticking his knees in to his back and was shouting over his shoulder at the person behind to stop kicking him. The problem was that the lad behind him, only a kid maybe only about 15 or 16 was over 2M tall and was struggling to fit in at all, the young lad was also profoundly embarrassed. I tried to explain it to the Boer but he wasn't for listening and he had the senior steward called and was demanding to move seats.
                                                              Steward went off came back and leaned over to the prick Bok and told him he'd been able to find one seat in business and without pause turned back to the kid and brought him up front. I Lol'd loudly and climbed in to the seat behind
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Definitely just your social circles, it's very common that men are into sport but most guys I/you choose to hang around with wouldn't be. In fact, on reflection, I would choose for them not to be men at all if I could

I'm not sure how I even got here, I've never even bet on something before

Comment

Poker challenge going on at the moment between four of the best online heads up players and AI poker player called Libratus developed at Carnegie Mellon University, same place as Deep Blue was developed.

In the match last year the humans had won pretty easy and from listening to Doug Polk talking about the match I think they expected pretty much the same thing to happen this year. They are getting crushed!

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                    I'd say you hang with more artistic types P&F. We have our occasional art/craft appreciation moments around here but we all like the buzz of sport/gambling/degeneracy as well.
                                                                    You would be correct. :-) I got into poker through my brother and his mates though. They are science nerd gamer / artsy hybrids.

@Tar Aldarion
                                                                    I'm not sure how I even got here, I've never even bet on something before
                                                                    Same here. Never bet on anything. I have never been in a bookies in my life!
                                                                    My brother used to work at the greyhound track (for the IGB ) while finishing his studies though. That's about it. He HATED it.

You would be right though all my friends are artsy types! :-)
                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 26-01-17, 12:50.

Comment

Planes are fucking terrible, as is all human transportation.

Comment

Each year that I'm not at the Thyestes in Gowran makes me sad and I promise myself that I won't miss it next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          Had along haul flight once where some arsehole Boer was whinging and getting really aggressive that when he put his seat back the guy behind was sticking his knees in to his back and was shouting over his shoulder at the person behind to stop kicking him. The problem was that the lad behind him, only a kid maybe only about 15 or 16 was over 2M tall and was struggling to fit in at all, the young lad was also profoundly embarrassed. I tried to explain it to the Boer but he wasn't for listening and he had the senior steward called and was demanding to move seats.
                                                                          Steward went off came back and leaned over to the prick Bok and told him he'd been able to find one seat in business and without pause turned back to the kid and brought him up front. I Lol'd loudly and climbed in to the seat behind
                                                                          This must be the story from which the more or less exact same joke spawned from.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                            Yeah.

Call me a dreamer but maybe someday we will be able to travel half way around the world, in less than a day, in a flying hunk of metal.

GFYK.
                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I remember my Da sticking me on the Letterkenny bus up to the mother one summer. I was 10yo and it was a good 5 hour trip back then. 5 mins in and the three aul ones around me started smoking. This did not go down well with my travel sickness. Not sure who got the worst of those 5 hours

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                I remember my Da sticking me on the Letterkenny bus up to the mother one summer. I was 10yo and it was a good 5 hour trip back then. 5 mins in and the three aul ones around me started smoking. This did not go down well with my travel sickness. Not sure who got the worst of those 5 hours
                                                                                From Dublin? I'd say it's a lot worse than five hours now if so.

Comment

From Dublin yeah. No idea how long it takes these days. Maybe it was longer than 5 hours back then, cant really remember. That one felt like 24 hours!

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                    Poker challenge going on at the moment between four of the best online heads up players and AI poker player called Libratus developed at Carnegie Mellon University, same place as Deep Blue was developed.

In the match last year the humans had won pretty easy and from listening to Doug Polk talking about the match I think they expected pretty much the same thing to happen this year. They are getting crushed!

Opr
                                                                                    And thus poker like chess is the drosophilia of AI. I wonder will it mean they all start to play live once more. Probably not.

Perhaps much bigger for poker than AI though...it's a massive field.

Comment

Was working on a problem the last couple of days where I could hear the plane revving up in the background for an inevitable trip to the far east to get down and dirty with the hardware.
                                                                                      Up until recently there is no way I could have resolved the issue remotely. Now with a mobile phone plugged in and a lad on the ground to press buttons I could log on to a machine in rural Myanmar and work away as if it was in the next room.
                                                                                      Got to the bottom of the issue last night and was able to put off a trip that would have taken at least a week and cost the guts of 15K.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        Was working on a problem the last couple of days where I could hear the plane revving up in the background for an inevitable trip to the far east to get down and dirty with the hardware.
                                                                                        Up until recently there is no way I could have resolved the issue remotely. Now with a mobile phone plugged in and a lad on the ground to press buttons I could log on to a machine in rural Myanmar and work away as if it was in the next room.
                                                                                        Got to the bottom of the issue last night and was able to put off a trip that would have taken at least a week and cost the guts of 15K.
                                                                                        You in IT support?

Comment

Well ..traveling in the poetic sense is not simply human transportation.

Comment

Oh, Cheltenham trip to Kilkenny is now off the agenda as per above itinerary and recent\incoming shenanigans.

Feel free to organise amongst yourselves.
                                                                                            @AndyFatBastard

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                              @AndyFatBastard
                                                                                              Grand. We're going to Killarney. Thank this post if you're in.

Comment

I must buy a plane so I can provide the transportation for these trips.

Comment

Only day i was likely to get out was Gold Cup day. Alas this is one of those fuckers of a year it falls on Paddys Day. Even if i could get out id rather not.

Comment

I must buy a plane so I can provide the transportation for these trips.

https://www.wfaviation.com/collectio...-navajo-g-eeje
                                                                                                    Was just reading about kennedy Jr dying when flying his plane in a chapter in a book discussing panic vs choking, really interesting. I guess what I'm trying to say is, try not to die. Not even knowing you are losing height or accelerating downwards when you can't see at night is pretty scary, the guy called it "1g all the way down".
                                                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 26-01-17, 14:16.

Comment

He was mad to fly in those conditions with no instrument rating.

Comment

Shite. Away that week. Won't make it. Have fun lads

Comment

Only day i was likely to get out was Gold Cup day. Alas this is one of those fuckers of a year it falls on Paddys Day. Even if i could get out id rather not.
                                                                                                          Ya horrible day for Gold Cup. I'll make the Champion Hurdle my day out this year.

Comment

Bone Tomahawk is a fun little movie.
                                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The sheer number of cranes in Dublin now. Wish I was long breakfast rolls.

Comment

Williams sisters Womens final and likely Fed Rafa men's final, have I woken up in 2006?
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                  Williams sisters Womens final and likely Fed Rafa men's final, have I woken up in 2006?
                                                                                                                  according to Denny's crane watch perhaps, at this rate an actual poker game might break out.

Comment

Why do I always get the fuck who puts their seat back on the plane?

& Why is that still a thing considering there is less space on flights now!?

Still at least it's Norwegian & not Ryanair or aer fungus
                                                                                                                    Never understood complaining about this. The seat goes back because it's unfeasibly uncomfortable in the forward position. It also goes back at an angle, such that it doesn't interfere with the passenger behind. Unless you're a giant and your knees are up in your chin, it shouldn't mean shit to you if the person in front puts their seat back. In summation, man up and deal with it.
                                                                                                                    Flew from Malta to Vienna yesterday on Air Malta and it's pretty much the first time in years i've had the seat reclining thing come into effect. It made my tablet a little less stable when trying to watch a film, but besides that, it didn't make too much difference. Comfier and more space that Ryanair seats anyway, that's for sure.

Also, they gave out a free bottle of water and a ham and cheese roll, which went down well. Decent flight overall.

From Dublin yeah. No idea how long it takes these days. Maybe it was longer than 5 hours back then, cant really remember. That one felt like 24 hours!
                                                                                                                    I'm pretty much an expert on the Dublin-Letterkenny bus. It takes almost exactly 4 hours as default from Dublin bus station to Letterkenny station. A little longer at peak times, and can be 3hr 40mins late at night.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                      according to Denny's crane watch perhaps, at this rate an actual poker game might break out.
                                                                                                                      I've been playing live in the Fitz too. Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                        should probably invest in a few apartments in Bulgaria, the irish property market is loosing investment value and I hear it will be the next big thing. Safest bet since shergar for the 82 derby.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                          HJ running a poker log and a madman in charge of the Yanks too...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X