X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Friday 28th?
    There is one of them in April, not January though.

Comment

If Carlsberg did first halves....

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

This is cool

better video here:

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Disappointing viewing, think New England gonna do same to Pittsburgh, hopefully S'Bowl will be closer

Comment

Comment

When did the Champions Cup Semi finals change from an open draw for home advantage?!

Just reading how it works and makes the Leinster draw on Friday an even worse result. Especially kicking the ball out to end the game when 3 points means a home semi
                    Fucking stupid.

Away to Clermont or Toulon now.... sounds worryingly familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                      Disappointing viewing, think New England gonna do same to Pittsburgh, hopefully S'Bowl will be closer
                      Hope you're right. I want a New England win and I don't want a sweat!! LPlate thinks it'll be a borefest tho

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                        I think Pittsburgh are being underestimated. Think they can get a win if the 3 perform to their best.
                        airport, lol

Comment

Just pulled the trigger on my flights and accommodation for Superbowl LI. Once in a lifetime chance to see my team possibly win their first Superbowl

I'll pick up a game ticket on stubhub a few days before the game. Cheapest ticket at the minute is 3.3k. Hoping to get one for 2.5k. Willing to take the gamble judging by the stats on previous Superbowl pricing trends.

This is going to be fucking unreal

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                            Just pulled the trigger on my flights and accommodation for Superbowl LI. Once in a lifetime chance to see my team possibly win their first Superbowl

I'll pick up a game ticket on stubhub a few days before the game. Cheapest ticket at the minute is 3.3k. Hoping to get one for 2.5k. Willing to take the gamble judging by the stats on previous Superbowl pricing trends.

Would be the most insane BBV ever
                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                              I think Pittsburgh are being underestimated. Think they can get a win if the 3 perform to their best.
                              Agree with this. I think Pitt will pull off the upset.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr

Comment

Brady Anytime, Bell First and Steelers straight win for this one.
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post

See you there sir.

Just waiting on Matty Ice for MVP and free ticket incoming.

Comment

Green Bay won the 2nd half 21-20. If only, will be said a few times

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                        When did the Champions Cup Semi finals change from an open draw for home advantage?!
                                        Same format as was introduced for last seasons knockouts, but few Irish fans seemed to pay the competition much attention for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                          Would you ever cop the fuck on.
                                          The man is an utter slimebag. It doesn't matter how or a mess he is as at making a success of the presidency he is a thug, a thief, a rapist and a waste of oxygen.
                                          Its completley legitimate to protest at this apalling vista.

Trump definitely has the potential to turn out nasty, a lot of the worst stuff at his disposal was created by Obamas administration ,a surveillance infrastructure the Stasi could only have had wet dreams about is the main one.

Also if I hear another while female use the term white male privelege (hey una),I'm going to crack.White western females wouldn't even make the B qualifying time to get into Oppression olympics
                                          Last edited by Guest; 22-01-17, 23:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                            Atlanta Vs GB

Over 60 @10/11
                                            Atlanta -2.5 and over 61.5 @7/5

Jones first TD 8/1
                                            Ship.

Run of my life, well all 50/50 with a m8.

Started with a game of astro, full story available soon.

Comment

Pitt vs Ne

Pats -5.5 @20/23

Blount first TD 13/2

Lewis first TD @12/1

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                He's already worse than I imagined possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RMwjaZouNY
                                                lol, that's brilliant
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Anybody use Ethiopian Airlines to fly to Vegas?
                                                  Seems cheap, but their website doesn't fill me with confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                    Anybody use Ethiopian Airlines to fly to Vegas?
                                                    Seems cheap, but their website doesn't fill me with confidence.
                                                    Not flown myself but know others who have.

Planes are newish and nice, flight times are bad and no us preclearance from Dublin as it originates in Ethiopia. Very cheap but well worth it I've been told.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                      Not flown myself but know others who have.

Planes are newish and nice, flight times are bad and no us preclearance from Dublin as it originates in Ethiopia. Very cheap but well worth it I've been told.

This could be the deal breaker......

Comment

I'd have to be saving a decent amount on the flight to forego preclearance. That was such a plus flying to the states.

Comment

Flew to capetown with them recently, same plane that had just arrived from LA. Great value and good plane. As said though, pre clearance is a big thing, and have grown accustomed to 2 x medium haul flights rather than one long and one short.
                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                            Made an offer today myself...
                                                            And offer accepted by vendor. Shit just got serious...

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                              Flew to capetown with them recently, same plane that had just arrived from LA. Great value and good plane. As said though, pre clearance is a big thing, and have grown accustomed to 2 x medium haul flights rather than one long and one short.
                                                              Think pre-clearance issue as mentioned is overrated. Did it myself, and didnt really have much hassle on the LA side.
                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

Trump definitely has the potential to turn out nasty, a lot of the worst stuff at his disposal was created by Obamas administration ,a surveillance infrastructure the Stasi could only have had wet dreams about is the main one.

Also if I hear another while female use the term white male privelege (hey una),I'm going to crack.White western females wouldn't even make the B qualifying time to get into Oppression olympics
                                                                ok now you are just making stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                  The naysayers and detractors brought this upon themselves. They polarised him and he played it like a fiddle. Hate is not the opposite of love, apathy is.
                                                                  No hate is the opposite of love. Apathy is neither love nor hate.

Listen I will level with you.

What I say it's going to be unpopular.

But it's what I really think.

Something like 60 % of the white women who voted Trump had one thing in common. No college degree. I was reading an article over the weekend. It said 40% of Irish adults have poor literacy skills. It said it was similar in the USA and that health literature had to be distributed at a third grade reading level.

Among college educated whites only 39% of white men voted trump.

Look around you at culture this society gave us honey boo boo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzt7oCFN3ek

This is real. This is not trolling. This situation is really happening. The bar went so low that Trump happened.

This is the 4th industrial revolution. And yet we have to produce health literature for a huge percentage of the population at a third grade level and they poor literacy skills and some refuse to believe in evolution. That level of education kind of cuts off a lot of job prospects.

Trash culture, acceptable levels of disgusting social behavior in the media brought culture to a new low. The twitter trolls are not trolling , they really are that dumb. Trump really does talk like real people. Many of them also speak like five year olds.

This is not isolated to republicans by the way nor just the USA. It's here too. We need to be nicer, more polite to each other and teach our kids to read.
                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 23-01-17, 08:23.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                    No hate is the opposite of love. Apathy is neither love nor hate.

Listen I will level with you.

What I say it's going to be unpopular.

But it's what I really think.

Something like 60 % of the white women who voted Trump had one thing in common. No college degree. I was reading an article over the weekend. It said 40% of Irish adults have poor literacy skills. It said it was similar in the USA and that health literature had to be distributed at a third grade reading level.

Among college educated whites only 39% of white men voted trump.

Look around you at culture this society gave us honey boo boo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzt7oCFN3ek

This is real. This is not trolling. This situation is really happening. The bar went so low that Trump happened.

This is the 4th industrial revolution. And yet we have to produce health literature for a huge percentage of the population at a third grade level and they poor literacy skills and some refuse to believe in evolution. That level of education kind of cuts off a lot of job prospects.

Trash culture, acceptable levels of disgusting social behavior in the media brought culture to a new low. The twitter trolls are not trolling , they really are that dumb. Trump really does talk like real people. Many of them also speak like five year olds.

This is not isolated to republicans by the way nor just the USA. It's here too. We need to be nicer, more polite to each other and teach our kids to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      Went to visit Mont St Michel today. Think it's the second most visited place in France after Paris, so not quite a hidden gem, but it is definitely justifiably popular. It's something else. Never seen anywhere like it, and would highly recommend you add to your detours when in Normandy or Paris. I guess would be horrific in summer given its small size compared to how popular the place is, but probably even still worth the visit - it's just that good! The pic doesn't do credit to the excellence.

It looks divine!

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                      Tried to find Satnavs posting of herself as an ugly child and failed. Anyhoo, here's one I had of myself
                                                                      You were so cute.

Comment

Ignorance and hate are a dangerous cocktail. You can teach kindness. So don't forget to.

Comment

Kind of ironic. Forrest Gump as a film was to highlight the positive contributions differently abled people can make, the main character wasn't stupid, those who mocked him were. Trump mocked a disabled person. Nuff said. He's a gobshite.
                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 23-01-17, 08:38.

Comment

Comment

It all started going downhill when they enfranchised, we need to go back to being ruled by the nobility IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                I'd have to be saving a decent amount on the flight to forego preclearance. That was such a plus flying to the states.
                                                                                Did clearance once in San Francisco as for whatever reason you couldn't do it in Dublin for the AerLingus DUB-SFO route.
                                                                                Actually thought it was more straightforward than doing it in Dublin - staff seemed nicer presumably as they were in their own city and it was a reasonable time in the afternoon rather than 7am in Dublin. Cunts in Dublin always come across as trying to catch you out on the smallest thing imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                  It all started going downhill when they enfranchised, we need to go back to being ruled by the nobility IMO.
                                                                                  They haven't gone away you know.

Comment

And don't get me started on Forrest Fucking Gump, quite likely that none of this would have been possible without that piece of shit!

Comment

Recommend a book the rig would find funny?
                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comme...augh_out_loud/

Cosmic Banditos.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                          Did clearance once in San Francisco as for whatever reason you couldn't do it in Dublin for the AerLingus DUB-SFO route.
                                                                                          Actually thought it was more straightforward than doing it in Dublin - staff seemed nicer presumably as they were in their own city and it was a reasonable time in the afternoon rather than 7am in Dublin. Cunts in Dublin always come across as trying to catch you out on the smallest thing imo.
                                                                                          I had an incident at the Shannon pre-clearance on my way to New York the week before Xmas.

The woman was being all officious with me - 100% trying to catch me out, which I didn't take particularly well to.

Who do you work for?
                                                                                          Intel

Where do you live?
                                                                                          Dublin

Why are you flying from Shannon so?
                                                                                          Finished for Xmas, going home to Kerry when I get home

*Starting to get a small bit fucked off at this point, it's 7am*

How can your work be able to let you you take so much time off for Xmas vacation?
                                                                                          Because I'm fucking useless
                                                                                          She tried hard to keep a straight face but couldn't quite manage it, knocked a good bit of craic out of her after that.

Comment

Catch-22

"You mean there's a catch?"
                                                                                            "Sure there's a catch," Doc Daneeka replied. "Catch-22. Anyone who wants to get out of combat duty isn't really crazy."
                                                                                            There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's own safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane, he had to fly them. If he flew them, he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to, he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle.
                                                                                            Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 23-01-17, 11:12.
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

@Lurker

Who you flying with and where you staying? Accommodation we found a struggle but happy with what we got in the end.

Playing the same game as you and waiting Superbowl week for tickets. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Only two proper out-halfs in the Ireland squad.

What is the reasoning here? Johnny is a sicknote, surely we need more cover? Madigan seems to be properly out in the cold.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                  Catch-22
                                                                                                  I read and enjoyed the first half of that years ago but somehow stopped reading it and never went back.

I heard the second half of it gets a lot darker? Not sure if that necessarily equates to less funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                    I read and enjoyed the first half of that years ago but somehow stopped reading it and never went back.

I heard the second half of it gets a lot darker? Not sure if that necessarily equates to less funny.
                                                                                                    You should go back.

It does get a lot darker. Disturbing, even. Still funny though.
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      They haven't gone away you know.
                                                                                                      Crown Steward and Bailiff of the Manor of Northstead?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                        Crown Steward and Bailiff of the Manor of Northstead?
                                                                                                        Did I see a picture of you at the Deplorables Inauguration Ball or was that more fake news?

Comment

Only two proper out-halfs in the Ireland squad.

What is the reasoning here? Johnny is a sicknote, surely we need more cover? Madigan seems to be properly out in the cold.
                                                                                                          I presume it's in order that Carbery gets game time with Leinster as he needs it. He has to be third choice now. Madigan is dead to the IRFU as an example to others. Sexton was too important to be made an example of but whoever went abroad next was always going to be dropped.
                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Looking at that Reddit thread, it seems it's common for people to give up on it half way through, then come back later and power through it. Something about the way it meanders makes people wander off, I guess.

Comment

anything by Bill Bryson
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                  I presume it's in order that Carbery gets game time with Leinster as he needs it. He has to be third choice now. Madigan is dead to the IRFU as an example to others. Sexton was too important to be made an example of but whoever went abroad next was always going to be dropped.
                                                                                                                  I think that's harsh. What is he supposed to do? Just sit on the bench and wait for Johnny to be injured or play in the Pro12 teams that are tap ins?

I would nearly be at the stage of dropping Sexton from the squad. He hasn't finished one of his last 9 games. We need more than 30 mins from him. I know he is world class when on his game but it is too much of a risk. It's a pity that Jackson's form has dropped off a bit.

Comment

I thought Catch 22 was too weird to be enjoyable.

Comment

I think that's harsh. What is he supposed to do? Just sit on the bench and wait for Johnny to be injured or play in the Pro12 teams that are tap ins?

I would nearly be at the stage of dropping Sexton from the squad. He hasn't finished one of his last 9 games. We need more than 30 mins from him. I know he is world class when on his game but it is too much of a risk. It's a pity that Jackson's form has dropped off a bit.
                                                                                                                      It is harsh. On the other hand the shining example of not doing something like this is Wales. They are trying to put Humpty back together again after letting their top clubs lose key players for years. From an IRFU perspective he should have gone to Connacht but they were much too slow in saying that to him. In fact he's on record saying that they approached too late in the day about a switch.

I hear you re Sexton but he was pulled from at least 5 of those games as they were won and he was being protected or the other options were being given game time. He looked great against Zebre - like the strength work had been a success. A calf tweak after a two month lay up isn't that unusual but we all see the injury profile isn't good. Jackson is playing in a side short on confidence, I think he'll go well with Ireland if needed.
                                                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                        I thought Catch 22 was too weird to be enjoyable.
                                                                                                                        You say that about everything weird.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                          You say that about everything weird.
                                                                                                                          Not everything. The Grand Budapest Hotel was weird, but absolutely wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X