This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Mostly they go home and work for another 3 - 6 hours.
    This is a little known fact.
    That's their official line alright.
    airport, lol

Comment

Yeah "lesson plans". Sure.

Comment

They talk to other primary school teachers about being primary school teachers.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Mostly they go home and work for another 3 - 6 hours.
          This is a little known fact.
          Related to one obv.

Comment

I probably spend about 5 hours per hour of teaching either preparing for classes or marking stuff / setting exams / dealing with emails from students.

Comment

GFYK
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                GFYK
                I'll order you a load of burgers online if you give me the cash

Comment

So burgers and chips are your solutions.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Jaysis Martin McGuinness looks bollixed, looks like he has one leg in the coffin.

Comment

So burgers and chips are your solutions.
                        Fuck the chips, they're no good to you.

Comment

She picked him because he is a target for bullying he is docile and doltish. It can happen to anyone of course. But I am just saying this to illustrate it's NOT about sex. It's about making someone feel upset. The same culture that tells people it's ok for a man to assault a 'little bit' tells men they cannot be assaulted. I have to say it's obv meant to make HIM feel disturbed and upset him. I am not familiar with Jedward but I gather they are sweet but docile and perhaps half witted. It's bullying. It's sexual assault. And it's typical for society to turn a blind eye. I don't expect a damned thing to be done about it. Which is wrong. And I don't expect people to remain vigilant against it. It's pretty disgusting. It's a horribly mean thing to do so would the world not be better off without this kind of thing?
                          Last edited by Guest; 19-01-17, 18:29.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                            I probably spend about 5 hours per hour of teaching either preparing for classes or marking stuff / setting exams / dealing with emails from students.
                            No teacher should ever have to defend their profession in this way. It's an AMAZING vocation. You are much under appreciated.

Comment

Jaysis Martin McGuinness looks bollixed, looks like he has one leg in the coffin.
                              On the 18th green alright.

Comment

I have to share this stunning film.

Written & Performed by Emmet KirwanDirected by Dave TynanStarring Jordanne Jones & Deirdre MolloyProduced by Liam Ryan, Dave Leahy and Michael Donnelly V. As...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                    No teacher should ever have to defend their profession in this way. It's an AMAZING vocation. You are much under appreciated.
                                    He's third level not primary
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                      He's third level not primary
                                      Both are important. Also my brother lectures third level in computer science maths and engineering ..it's a really long day. Often 10 hrs long days in college. He works really REALLY hard.
                                      Hitch
                                      They have a bet here on who will be at the inauguration (have to be shown on tv):
                                      This prick is appearing.

I am glad it's ok to totally hate him now.

Comment

Trump is in the WWE hall of fame so Vince could be there

Also tried Strewelpeter''s burger recipe, they were delicious!

Comment

I have to share this stunning film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv9oax2N160
                                          Hitch posted it last night, it is stunning. I was blown away by it. Awestruck by his delivery of it.

Comment

Comment

Both are important. Also my brother lectures third level in computer science maths and engineering ..it's a really long day. Often 10 hrs long days in college. He works really REALLY hard.
                                              Hitch
                                              OK but my point is they are very different jobs with very different workloads. I'd expect a Physics lecturer to need to put in a ton of prep for every class, but also they would not have a ton of classes every week. While a primary school teacher would have a lot more classes, but would require less prep for each one. See?
                                              Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 19-01-17, 19:48.
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                OK but my point is they are very different jobs with very different workloads. I'd expect a Physics lecturer to need to put in a ton of prep for every class, but also they would not have a ton of classes every week. While a primary school teacher would have a lot more classes, but would require less prep for each one. See?
                                                My wife is a primary teacher. Until this year she mostly did resource teaching, which was with kids who had language and learning difficulties and she did almost no work outside of her normal hours of 8.50 - 2.30. She has first class now and does a hell of a lot more work outside of those hours. She spent a lot of hours before term started on lesson plans and general prep, and an average of 2-3 hours a day I'd say (if I include work she does on a weekend but include them in weekday work for the sake of this) on other prep including print, laminating, cutting out, plans and some little homework stuff, taking her average hours up. Plus she has to deal with 29 hyper 6-7 year olds every day.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                      In DCU all the pregnant ladies had it (openly) finetuned to a tee. Get impregnated over Christmas so baby would arrive right after the end of the summer break and thus get the first semester off. You seem to not have planned this very well at all seeing as everything will be kicking off around June.
                                                      8 houses in my estate and two of them teachers , both with 3 kids , did this to a T.
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

In DCU all the pregnant ladies had it (openly) finetuned to a tee. Get impregnated over Christmas so baby would arrive right after the end of the summer break and thus get the first semester off. You seem to not have planned this very well at all seeing as everything will be kicking off around June.
                                                        Ya, it's about 6-7 weeks too early in fairness. Due date of about 12th Sep would have been ideal for this technique.

Comment

Comment

Next time!
                                                            Eh, ya.

Comment

The Gambian incumbent president turned wanabee dictator must be regretting his decision to only have 1,500 army troops in the whole country to defend him against the combined might of the Senegal and Nigerian armies (about a quarter million soldiers).

Senegal have just entered Gambia, presumably with the intention of doing whatever they want and being home in time for dinner
                                                              Was that the election where the chap who used to work as a security guard in Argos won, and then the loser said gtfo?
                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Flying to Enniskillen tomorrow and have to complete a customs and immigration form for both the North and the South for the way out and the way back

Comment

Comment

Argos seems like a poor shop to go shoplifting in unless there's a secret blackmarket for bulky catalogues and small pencils.
                                                                    Yeah hadn't thought of that. It's possible he's been too busy to correct his wiki. Reminded me of this

hhnig1 by colliexmas, on Flickr
                                                                    Last edited by ComradeCollie; 19-01-17, 21:40.

Comment

Comment

Anyone here drink this?
                                                                        I buy in Holland and Barrett every morning , so dunno is it placebo effect or is it as awesome as I think.

I find it absolutely brill for my humour and energy also great for a hangover.

just wondering has anyone else tried it?

Last edited by SatNav; 19-01-17, 22:12.
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

More nostalgia

[

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                              8 houses in my estate and two of them teachers , both with 3 kids , did this to a T.
                                                                              I think my geography teacher did this. Lol she was the one who said to me ' I think you would be really good with young kids' I was like who me?

First job i had was teaching primary school kids art in an art and craft school. The classes were much bigger than regular schools though. And we didn't stop for summer. They would do school tours during winter.

It has to be hard to encourage young kids to focus on subjects like maths etc i think.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                              Ya, it's about 6-7 weeks too early in fairness. Due date of about 12th Sep would have been ideal for this technique.
                                                                              I think holidays are contract based. My brother works through summer just like any job but his position is a hybrid teaching and research one.

@Hitch
                                                                              On a side note it's very possible a school teacher provides a much more useful service to society!
                                                                              Every society should have a hitchhiker.
                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 20-01-17, 00:04.

Comment

Flying to Enniskillen tomorrow and have to complete a customs and immigration form for both the North and the South for the way out and the way back
                                                                                Are you being serious? Really? Ah crap.

Comment

Missed lotsa doubles in the last 4 of the borough darts tourney. Didn't drop a leg til the semi finals and lost 4-3 even though I have shots to win 4-2 and 4-3. Lost 4-3. Window licker me.

I need to learn bottle and practice more.

Anyone offering offs on trump getting shot?

Comment

don't think he's even going to say most of the first column, tremendous should obv be the odds on favourite.

Last edited by Denny Crane; 20-01-17, 01:13.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                      Missed lotsa doubles in the last 4 of the borough darts tourney. Didn't drop a leg til the semi finals and lost 4-3 even though I have shots to win 4-2 and 4-3. Lost 4-3. Window licker me.

I need to learn bottle and practice more.

Anyone offering offs on trump getting shot?
                                                                                      I love it when you post tipsy ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                        don't think he's even going to say most of these, tremendous should obv be the odds on favourite.
                                                                                        I would wager he is going to shit his pants. Also he will hate this job so much..he will try and burn this mother down to bring it to an end. I think this presidency will implode.

I hate my job I'm gonna burn this mother down!Subscribe here: http://www.youtube.com/bestmoviequoteFacebook: http://www.facebook.com/best.mov.quoteTwitter: h...

Comment

I love it when you post tipsy ;-)
                                                                                          I'm pretty sure you either want to kill me or sleep with me.

If we do the sleeping thing my rules are indoor tent, skittles as snacks and parents have to let us smoke. k?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                            Why don't you just do the same thing with CDs?

.
                                                                                            Cant glorify the wiping of your own arse, in public, with a CD!

Comment

Chad. Youre drunk. You don't want odds. Gnite
                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                                Chad. Youre drunk. You don't want odds. Gnite
                                                                                                I am drunk.

You're a drool fueled supporter. Stop doing a trump and running when it comes to answering clever people.

Odds or don't say another word again when I bring it up. You're as bad as denny talking.

Comment

She picked him because he is a target for bullying he is docile and doltish... I have to say it's obv meant to make HIM feel disturbed and upset him. I am not familiar with Jedward but I gather they are sweet but docile and perhaps half witted.
                                                                                                  Whether it falls in the technical definition of sexual assault remains to be seen. But it's a bit much to say her motives were to upset him. She's probably just being a typical Geordie shore bird. The stuff that goes on the MTV show is significantly worse.
                                                                                                  A faint ember of hope

Can't find that market now, is it gone?
                                                                                                  Dana White might have been a decent pick

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                  Anyone here drink this?
                                                                                                  I buy in Holland and Barrett every morning , so dunno is it placebo effect or is it as awesome as I think.

I find it absolutely brill for my humour and energy also great for a hangover.

just wondering has anyone else tried it?
                                                                                                  Mostly (99%) fruit juice and fizzy water.
                                                                                                  A few vitamins and a bit of ginseng is no harm. But probably way under dosed for anything resembling an immediate effect.

Is that unusual? Just it technically classed as an international flight.

Comment

Look at this cunt playing Werewolf.

DUP MP Ian Paisley praises Martin McGuinness, former IRA leader turned politician, who is retiring from front-line politics.

Seer or a wolf.

Comment

I would wager he is going to shit his pants. Also he will hate this job so much..he will try and burn this mother down to bring it to an end. I think this presidency will implode.
                                                                                                      Everyone who thought he had no chance at winning also believe he has no chance of being a good president. He's going to be great, going to be a tremendous eight years.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you either want to kill me or sleep with me.

If we do the sleeping thing my rules are indoor tent, skittles as snacks and parents have to let us smoke. k?
                                                                                                        Neither kill you nor sleep with you. But sounds like one hell of a slumber party.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                          Everyone who thought he had no chance at winning also believe he has no chance of being a good president. He's going to be great, going to be a tremendous eight years.
                                                                                                          What's your definition of a good president?

Comment

Neither kill you nor sleep with you. But sounds like one hell of a slumber party.
                                                                                                            Get your parents to ring my parents and we do it next week.

Comment

I live 3 miles from airport if you fancy going on the rip, who's gonna stop you driving home in a plane.

Comment

The Gambian incumbent president turned wanabee dictator must be regretting his decision to only have 1,500 army troops in the whole country to defend him against the combined might of the Senegal and Nigerian armies (about a quarter million soldiers).

Senegal have just entered Gambia, presumably with the intention of doing whatever they want and being home in time for dinner
                                                                                                                my housemate is stuck there atm, her family has a holiday home there. im still trying to figure out why the fuck anyone would have a holiday home there. whats the actual deal with whats going on ? i have no idea, but in my warped mind, rape pillage and general murder everyone is what im thinking of ?

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                                  my housemate is stuck there atm, her family has a holiday home there. im still trying to figure out why the fuck anyone would have a holiday home there. whats the actual deal with whats going on ? i have no idea, but in my warped mind, rape pillage and general murder everyone is what im thinking of ?
                                                                                                                  Mud is cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                                    Sorry to hear that about your Room Mate i hope she gets home. No it's perhaps not that bad. A state of emergency has been declared. I do think she should get out though now. At least 26,000 Gambians, worried about violence, have fled the country. If she can get to another neighboring African country she should.

The previous incumbent was president for 22 yrs. Yahya Jammeh refused to hand over power to the newly and democratically elected Adama Barrow. Jammeh still has a lot of control. He has been a brutal unpopular dictator with his people though. A state of emergency was declared.

Barrow has very little control over the country. His son was killed over the weekend. He could not attend the funeral as it's too dangerous. He is seen as stoic and unmovable. The election was declared fair.

Senegal has sent in troops. It's to help Barrow engage in talks they hope power will be handed over without a fight.

Jammeh is very erratic. He always has been. He accepted the vote at first. Then seemed to waver. No one really knows what is in his head. This week, Gambia’s Parliament voted to extend Mr. Jammeh’s term for three months, though international officials denounced the move and many analysts consider it unconstitutional.The United Nations Security Council unanimously support Barrow.

On the ground ..tourists and expats are being evacuated. There is talk of food shortages at least in the short term and of airports being closed.

Jammeh has a list of human rights abuses against him. The African Union fails to recognize his as the legitimate ruler.

He is running out of money to pay off support though. It's a matter of time. Senegal sent in troops. More to make sure it goes safely i think without a fight than to hasten anything. They seem to be there more to make sure a fight does not break out than to fight to transfer power.

The west African bloc vowed intervention at midnight. That's passed now. The Senegalese do seem to want to use troops to prevent fighting during a power transfer than cause it if that makes you feel better.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 20-01-17, 05:17.

Comment

that was a lot of words ty, last i heard is the airports where closed, and she could get out. that was like 2 days ago so ive no idea whats going on now

Comment

I didn't mean to be bad was just pointing out why African houses are cheaper.

Comment

I didn't mean to be bad was just pointing out why African houses are cheaper.
                                                                                                                          makes sense mate

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X