This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tech help required.

My browser has been hijacked by an extension called Mysearch DS-2. it doesn't exist anywhere on my PC, and doesn't show up in my browser extensions. i've run adware programs, malwarebytes, it got rid of loards of shit except that.

everytime i disable it in the settings, it disappears, but everytime i reopen chrome it reappears in the manage my search engines as the default. (it doesn't have an x to delete it, just a jigsaw piece (extension).

any ideas how to get rid of?

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
      Streep's speech is vomit inducing. Shite Irish accent. Taking piss out of NFL and MMA. And then the woe I'm so upset - off to your safe zone for a group cry.
      "Hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners, and if we kick 'em all out, you'll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts."
      I mean, it's a good line. It's just unfortunate many seem to be choosing to taking it as a slight on MMA (Martial Arts) rather than a plea to protect The Arts (as in dance, film, theatre, painting etc)
      But yeah that Irish accent is unforgivable.
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Haven't seen it but why would she put on the Irish accent?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
          Tech help required.

My browser has been hijacked by an extension called Mysearch DS-2. it doesn't exist anywhere on my PC, and doesn't show up in my browser extensions. i've run adware programs, malwarebytes, it got rid of loards of shit except that.

everytime i disable it in the settings, it disappears, but everytime i reopen chrome it reappears in the manage my search engines as the default. (it doesn't have an x to delete it, just a jigsaw piece (extension).

any ideas how to get rid of?
          sure you have done this?
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            Haven't seen it but why would she put on the Irish accent?
            she was going through performers from around then globe then said ruth negga was english, then did a "Oh, you're from Oireland" with a twee accent.

And the beautiful Ruth Negga was born in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, raised in — Engl...no, in Oireland, Oi do believe, and she’s here, nominated for playing a small-town girl from Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
              it won't let me on youtube, i can't even see your attachment,

looked on the phone and the extension doesn't appear in the extension list

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                Remind me to post my x-rays later

Comment

peterhouse 11/10 -40
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Voake is so cute when she speaks in that amazing Celia Johnson impersonation.

Comment

it won't let me on youtube, i can't even see your attachment,

looked on the phone and the extension doesn't appear in the extension list
                      did you install the screenaddict extension?
                      looks like thats where it sources from a lot.

reboot your machine in safe mode, then try your existing tools

or...

full on shotgun approach here

short of that uninstall and re-install chrome.....

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                        did you install the screenaddict extension?
                        looks like thats where it sources from a lot.

reboot your machine in safe mode, then try your existing tools

or...

full on shotgun approach here

short of that uninstall and re-install chrome.....
                        Lol, uninstalled chrome but can't reinstall as it's infected Ms Edge also, which won't let me download Chrome

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          Yea but did Polanski ever beat his wife to a pulp before raping her?
                          What is your point here

Comment

Mc Guinness just threw a petrol bomb in the North.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                              You try running three houses, what with house keepers and cars. I wanna tell you something, try it sometime...
                              YES PLEASE!

Comment

Lol, uninstalled chrome but can't reinstall as it's infected Ms Edge also, which won't let me download Chrome
                                Ninite.com

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                  Mc Guinness just threw a petrol bomb in the North.
                                  He looks like a very ill man indeed. I don't think he'll ever be back in a public role.

Call me cynical but this stinks less of principle and more about sticking one to the DUP (as he would surely be resigning anyway).
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    He looks like a very ill man indeed. I don't think he'll ever be back in a public role.

Call me cynical but this stinks less of principle and more about sticking one to the DUP (as he would surely be resigning anyway).
                                    It's more that SF won't nominate anyone else. They will force elections. He is gone ..ill health etc. And what with Brexit and everything else I think it's scary. Arlene Foster can't stay without him. It's a joint role Good Friday agreement rules.

Comment

They handed him the stick to stick them with though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                        What is your point here
                                        It was a rather sophisticated joke about the fact that Trump beat and raped his wife while Polanski whose wife was murdered by a guy like Trump had sex with an under age girl.

Comment

Hitler and The Manson Family.

The guy is definitely a dumb arrogant asshole but come on...
                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                            Got stuck back into that pin thread re vulture funds and section 110 today.
                                            We really need to build a gallows outside Mathesons offices in Dublin and just work our way through the partners,absolute scum
                                            Prime Time Investigates (or whatever it's called nowadays) programme about the vulture funds about to start on RTE.

Comment

To get rid of MySearch DS-2 on your wife's machine here ...

Try this.

you installed it as something else ..Chrome has permissions set allowing it to read and change all your data on the websites you visit, change your search settings to: search.mysearch.com
                                              These are common paths..
                                              C:\Program Files (x86)
                                              C:\Users\{USER}\Downloads\
                                              C:\Users\{USER}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\

scan with Malwarebytes then with hitman pro

Uninstall MySearch DS-1

Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.

Search for the MySearch DS-1 extension in the list and click the trashcan icon. and unwanted programs shown by scanning remove the virus extensions..clean up and repair with c cleaner

Comment

It was a rather sophisticated joke about the fact that Trump beat and raped his wife while Polanski whose wife was murdered by a guy like Trump had sex with an under age girl.
                                                Trump also had sex with an under age girl.

Comment

They handed him the stick to stick them with though.
                                                  Bah. This wouldn't rank in a Top Ten of NI scandals that could\should have brought down the Executive.

It's a stunt.

Comment

Apparently his son in law is going to be his advisor. The Kushner family has a sprawling web of businesses and creditors, and its lenders include Goldman Sachs, Blackstone and Deutsche Bank. Last month the German bank agreed to pay the US government $ 7.2bn for its part in selling toxic mortgage securities in the run-up to the 2008 financial crisis. Deutsche Bank also holds about $ 300m of debt owed by Trump.

Kushner, who had Trump’s ear in an informal role during the election, will need to argue a federal anti-nepotism law does not apply to him

Meanwhile in Romania they have banned trophy hunting of brown bears, wild cats, wolves and lynx. http://www.whitewolfpack.com/2016/10...-of-brown.html

Good for you Romania.

Comment

Bah. This wouldn't rank in a Top Ten of NI scandals that could\should have brought down the Executive.

It's a stunt.
                                                      I hope you're right.

Comment

It's a stunt.
                                                        Surely the numbers for potential losses make it fairly huge

McGuinness looks very weak, too weak to be fighting an election.

Comment

The phrase Direct rule has been brought back in the NI media. I have a feeling SF want to use brexit to make their voters feel isolated enough to go to the hardline.

Comment

To get rid of MySearch DS-2 on your wife's machine here ...

Try this.

you installed it as something else ..Chrome has permissions set allowing it to read and change all your data on the websites you visit, change your search settings to: search.mysearch.com
                                                            These are common paths..
                                                            C:\Program Files (x86)
                                                            C:\Users\{USER}\Downloads\
                                                            C:\Users\{USER}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\

scan with Malwarebytes then with hitman pro

Uninstall MySearch DS-1

Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.

Search for the MySearch DS-1 extension in the list and click the trashcan icon. and unwanted programs shown by scanning remove the virus extensions..clean up and repair with c cleaner
                                                            Did all that. Didn't work

Comment

Think of the sympathy vote though....

Comment

The phrase Direct rule has been brought back in the NI media. I have a feeling SF want to use brexit to make their voters feel isolated enough to go to the hardline.
                                                                NI is fucked either way with Brexit. This is just a little sideshow.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                    Interesting the comments about McGuinness, was just thinking the exact same thing about how he looked dramatically aged.

I don't think it's in the slightest a stunt, excepting that all politics is stunts if you don't agree with a viewpoint. She's a literal moron. Half a billion was the amount of social welfare cuts the DUP nearly broke up with the UK over, and Arlene loses it with one of the dumbest things I've ever heard a politician doing.

It's not like the vote breakdown between Catholic and Protestant is going to change in an election, but (slightly) normal politics demands you don't stay in government with someone that stupid.
                                                                    Stupid people stay in government all the time.

Comment

New York couple avoid paying rent for six years due to bizarre law.

This is ridiculous. A Manhattan couple decide to stop paying their $4,754 monthly rent in 2010, it's been 80months and now the landlord is suing them. They are relying on the fact that the building doesn't have an occupancy certificate, which is completely standard and not some bizarre law as suggested.
                                                                      Only in America would the landlord wait nearly 7 years before going down the ligation route instead of A) Just getting the certificate, or B) Cutting off the utilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

This is ridiculous. A Manhattan couple decide to stop paying their $4,754 monthly rent in 2010, it's been 80months and now the landlord is suing them. They are relying on the fact that the building doesn't have an occupancy certificate, which is completely standard and not some bizarre law as suggested.
                                                                        Only in America would the landlord wait nearly 7 years before going down the ligation route instead of A) Just getting the certificate, or B) Cutting off the utilities.
                                                                        Surprised with you, linking to a New York Post article. Reminds me of the past, when Hitch used to surreptitiously make one read Indo muck.
                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Did all that. Didn't work
                                                                          Try resetting her browser to default settings. If it's still there then i don't know what to do after that sorry.
                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 09-01-17, 23:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

rich squatters

Comment

Arlene loses it with one of the dumbest things I've ever heard a politician doing.
                                                                              Ours are pretty dumb to be fair.

Comment

My 50 inch Sony Bravia just gave up the ghost, my heart is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                  My 50 inch Sony Bravia just gave up the ghost, my heart is broken.
                                                                                  Apart from parting with money, buying a new TV is great. I'm almost annoyed mine is only just over 3 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                    Surprised with you, linking to a New York Post article. Reminds me of the past, when Hitch used to surreptitiously make one read Indo muck.
                                                                                    To be honest, I got the story from www.news.com.au, don't let the generic name fool you. It's equally Murdoch muck, it's just convenient and I'm not sure a better local option exists.
                                                                                    I link the source article to avoid inflating the $USD amounts with $AUD.
                                                                                    rich squatters
                                                                                    They aren't squatting. They were paying rent initially, and presumably have a lease.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                      Apart from parting with money, buying a new TV is great. I'm almost annoyed mine is only just over 3 years old.
                                                                                      When I first moved in with my GF. I inherited her roommates cheap widescreen TV, as well as a fridge they bought second-hand. 6 years later, and 3 apartment moves. I'm still waiting for the both of them to break so I can replace them. Apart from making the occasional weird noise, both keep on doing their job adequately, the bastards.

Comment

Let's not besmirch the mans good reputation.
                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Reckon Martin is playing for sympathy / hardline vote and to split the Unionist vote so SF get back in next election as majority party and take 1st minister role with a Unionist as deputy. That's what I heard a few drunks in pub saying. Added that it would be some craic then. Gotta respect drunks and their insight

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                            Snap. Been an absolute pit of a day. Half convinced am sick also which add to the grimness.
                                                                                            Confirmed sick. After a bad night, went to the doctor today... have tonsilities, on the plus side, gives me two days off work.
                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Would you favour an open or closed casket?
                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Guy in works phone alarm is going off and saying "get up and go", he's not in, this isn't going well for him.

This is great

Whilst pedalling today my mate Paul went to put his bike over a fence. Half way though he realised that it was electric! So he dropped it on the fence. This ...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

48 teams in World Cup from 2026. Makes a slight mockery of qualification so.
                                                                                                          Might get to see that Chad v Kyrgyzstan matchup we've all been dreaming about.
                                                                                                          That's it they've finally ruined it this time.even AJ cant bright side this one
                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 10-01-17, 10:17.

Comment

48 teams in World Cup from 2026. Makes a slight mockery of qualification so.
                                                                                                            Doesn't really change the competitiveness of UEFA qualification too much, looks like we are going from 13 to 16 places so Ireland will still be a 'dog to qualify most times.

Other increases are apparently Asia from 4.5 to 8.5, Concacaf from 3.5 to 6.5, Africa from 5 to 9, SthAm from 4.5 to 6, Oceania from .5 to 1.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                              I assume you know you can get your bike and accessories via the tax efficient cycle-to-work scheme.
                                                                                                              Tried my inaugural cycle to work this morning.

A lovely spin in until you hit Amiens St at which point all . Also need to rethink my clothing strategy - desired outcome is to arrive relatively sweat-free.

Comment

Comment

This 1958 TV Western PREDICTED DONALD TRUMP. *************NOVEMBER 7, 2020 UPDATE************************** BIDEN BEATS TRUMP

Walter Trump, a confidence man, puts on a long robe and holds a tent meeting in the town of Talpa. He tells the townspeople that a cosmic explosion will rain fire on the town and that he is the only one that can save them from death. Ranger Hoby Gilman attempts to prove Trump is a fraud.

Comment

Fuck the GAA volume 231

Club players contracts:

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Some lads!

Comment

...

Comment

1,700 new homes for Dublin approved last night - 30% social housing, 20% affordable renting. The remainder private to pay for the social housing and affordable renting discounts.

Councillors who voted against it:

[ ] FG
                                                                                                                        [ ] FF
                                                                                                                        [ ] Labour
                                                                                                                        [ ] AAAPBP aka the 'we need more social housing' party
                                                                                                                        [ ] Workers Party aka the 'we need more affordable housing' party

You presumably don't need to click the link to see which two parties voted against it. A bit like that famous thing of the Irish Green Party appealing against every wind farm application in Ireland up to a few years ago.
                                                                                                                        There is a an interesting one going on in Cherry Orchard at the moment.
                                                                                                                        Locals protesting about the demolition of a memorial garden. There was a bench in honor of a young fella who died there 2 christmas' ago in a quad bike accident. The company has now employed the father to silence his protests. Local toerags hired as security and a host of somewhat shady goings on

Comment

I wouldn't like to live in O'Deveney Gardens, no matter how they dress it up.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X