X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
      I'll bid you good folks adieu for a little while. I'm flying out to Thailand tomorrow morning where I will be spending the next two months on retreat in a few monasteries around the country, and I won't be online.

Basically meditating. Up at 4am, no eating after 12pm, in silence, no phone/net etc. That kind of thing. Great craic altogether.

Anyway, I'll send some loving kindness to you all when I'm there, and I hope 2017 starts wonderfully for everyone.
      That sounds fantastic Hotspur. I would love to do something like that. Maybe not two months as I would miss the hubby and kids though

Will be great to hear about it. Safe trip and Namaste

Comment

Setting up for my mom's workshop.

This is kind of part of what we do.

Comment

Yea that trip wouldn't be for me. I always thought Buddhism was a total cop out...centred my hole. Life is for living.

Hiding from the essence of being human is no way to live imo.

Comment

You can actually do something similar in Irish monasteries too hotspur. But Thailand will be ..away away..from it all.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              Yea that trip wouldn't be for me. I always thought Buddhism was a total cop out...centred my hole. Life is for living.

Hiding from the essence of being human is no way to live imo.
              To be honest...I think it's brave. I would not have the guts to face myself...without ...all the you know...accessories of life.

I do totally hide form the essence of being human...or maybe i just hide myself away i dunno.

Comment

I did a degree in Philosophy. You would be surprised....it's not what people think as a subject. It doesn't have practical applications in life either. But people rarely think full stop. People don't think about thinking. On whatever level. If you force yourself too. At least you are doing something different.

And being online all the time ....or being a writer ..or working in an office. Is that ...living more?

Comment

Although doing a degree in Philosophy ..the only thing I can about do after is go to law school or teach philosophy!
                  Go to business school the world is your oyster!

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                    Setting up for my mom's workshop.

This is kind of part of what we do.
                    Is this a painting that she did? the horse is amazing. I used to love drawing horses. Hated still life but thrived on drawing Horses and dragons!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                      Is this a painting that she did? the horse is amazing. I used to love drawing horses. Hated still life but thrived on drawing Horses and dragons!
                      You sound like my kind of person! I am kind of into pagany wicthy stuff ..
                      I take still life classes. But also draw fantastical things.
                      YES! She painted it. She is brilliant. She studied fine art. But it's so hard to earn money ..so she taught it...and then did graphic design and started a business. But she also taught art in secondary schools. So often she does art workshops teaching adults art or kids or people from companies she designs for. I help her.

I want to write my book and Illustrate it.

These are illustrations she did for the stories Deirdre of the Sorrows.

And this is something she painted for a birthday present for me as a kid :0)

Comment

I can't remember if i showed people this. But this is by me :-)

Comment

Do you still draw ?

Mom makes Jewelry and knits too. She is very into home crafts :-)
                          Last edited by Guest; 29-12-16, 10:32.

Comment

Best of luck hotspur, awaiting incoming meta!
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Since it's become pet appreciation day.

"If ya smelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llll what the Rock is cooking"

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                Since it's become pet appreciation day.

"If ya smelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llll what the Rock is cooking"

OH MY GOD ..I love him ....what breed? He is like a cuter version of a fox!

Comment

You sound like my kind of person! I am kind of into pagany wicthy stuff ..
                                  I take still life classes. But also draw fantastical things.
                                  YES! She painted it. She is brilliant. She studied fine art. But it's so hard to earn money ..so she taught it...and then did graphic design and started a business. But she also taught art in secondary schools. So often she does art workshops teaching adults art or kids or people from companies she designs for. I help her.

I want to write my book and Illustrate it.

These are illustrations she did for the stories Deirdre of the Sorrows.

And this is something she painted for a birthday present for me as a kid :0)
                                  Do you still draw ?

Mom makes Jewelry and knits too. She is very into home crafts :-)
                                  Those are amazing. As for me drawing, apart from helping my daughter correct errors when she was practising for her junior cert I really don't do much any more. I had a collection of drawings of faeries, dragons and such stuff from when I was between 15-25. I lost it all in a move and was gutted.

You should go ahead and do a book with illustrations. Something solid to have to look back on!

Comment

Comment

OH MY GOD ..I love him ....what breed? He is like a cuter version of a fox!
                                      According to his documents he is a papillon but has to be mixed with something as taller, stockier and angrier.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                        Gryffin would SO wanna be his mate!

Comment

According to his documents he is a papillon but has to be mixed with something as taller, stockier and angrier.
                                          He doesn't look angry ..looks like a baby!

Comment

Those are amazing. As for me drawing, apart from helping my daughter correct errors when she was practising for her junior cert I really don't do much any more. I had a collection of drawings of faeries, dragons and such stuff from when I was between 15-25. I lost it all in a move and was gutted.

You should go ahead and do a book with illustrations. Something solid to have to look back on!
                                            I am sorry about losing them. I understand that. I think whatever happens with the book etc ..i want to do it . I don't have expectations...i just know i would be sorry if i didn't :-)

Your gift will always be there for you. Maybe one day ..you will sit down ..and it will be there. :-)

Comment

YAY DOG DAY

lola

Comment

You might like this flushdraw :-)

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                  YAY DOG DAY

lola

Hi LOLA! Love her!

Comment

Pets are the bestest !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                      YAY DOG DAY

lola

For lola !:-)

Visit the Tutto3 site: https://igg.me/at/tutto3My drawing book: http://amzn.to/1K7L8EdVisit me on FB: https://www.facebook.com/LeonardoPereznietoMy website: ...

Comment

Thread gathers pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                                                          Thread gathers pace.
                                                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9kV8JdUs8U The idea of the vintage car show a few pages back was for me to get drawing them :-)

Comment

More vintage though :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoHlvdoVSQo

Comment

Your art is brilliant P&F. I will return to it when I get to breath! I have a metal moulded dragon to paint I got in a factory in Cork. It would have been one of Tolkiens dragons and they did all the metal cast figures like Gandalf, Smaug etc The factory hadn't finished it and I asked if I could buy it. I got it unpainted for €20. They sell them for over €100. Must take a photo of it. It is fabulous.

Comment

I think i showed you these already.
                                                                This was tiger :-) I gave the above as a present to my brother

Comment

Your art is brilliant P&F. I will return to it when I get to breath! I have a metal moulded dragon to paint I got in a factory in Cork. It would have been one of Tolkiens dragons and they did all the metal cast figures like Gandalf, Smaug etc The factory hadn't finished it and I asked if I could buy it. I got it unpainted for €20. They sell them for over €100. Must take a photo of it. It is fabulous.
                                                                  Yes please do! That sounds breath taking! It will be stunning when it's done. I Love dragons. It's like the image has an energy!

Comment

Gryffin as a pup.

Comment

Whoop. A day on the Lakes of Killarney with Teddy.

Comment

My neighbour has a dog like yours Dobby called Buddy. He's always perched up looking over their 2m garden wall, went out last night and called him, up he popped and I gave him the bone from my joint, still with chunks of beef on it and wished him a happy xmas. He looked happy, as was I.
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

My dog's name is Buddy too. We are probably getting a cavalier king charles like this one and calling him Barack O' Bama. Either that or Flash

Comment

plz
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

The doggies are bringing us together!

Comment

Lol i'm pretty sad!

Comment

My dog's name is Buddy too. We are probably getting a cavalier king charles like this one and calling him Barack O' Bama. Either that or Flash

They are tiny as pups my mate in college got two. :-)

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                      Hahahahaaaaaaaaa...ok exhale ..let it out.....be you..relax put your feet up..

Comment

Mwahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

could somebody please randomise the numbers 1-10? ty ty

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 29-12-16, 17:00.

Comment

9 6 7 1 3 1 5 5 1 7 4 ah ...forget this.

Comment

3,7,1,9,2,4,10,8,5,6

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                  could somebody please randomise the numbers 1-10? ty ty

Comment

3,7,1,9,2,4,10,8,5,6
                                                                                                    That's not random.

Comment

Comment

Black Beauty Theme by Denis King, with Beauty saving the day,then galloping home.22.08.2021 Hello everyone, I have just noticed some awful comments from a fe...

Comment

It felt right.

Comment

We played YouTube jukebox last night and I got reminded of a song that I can't understand how I needed reminding.

This imo is absolute perfection. If I was forced to listen to one song over and over until I died, this would be it.

Can't choose which version though, like trying to pick your favourite parent....

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                              My neighbour has a dog like yours Dobby called Buddy. He's always perched up looking over their 2m garden wall, went out last night and called him, up he popped and I gave him the bone from my joint, still with chunks of beef on it and wished him a happy xmas. He looked happy, as was I.
                                                                                                              Should probably be careful about giving a dog/cat a cooked bone. Uncooked is fine, but cooked can splinter/break up and cause damage.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                Should probably be careful about giving a dog/cat a cooked bone. Uncooked is fine, but cooked can splinter/break up and cause damage.
                                                                                                                only chicken\turkey I thought (have been giving our dog beef\lamb bones for years)?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                  Oops, he's still alive and barking today thankfully.

Comment

YouTube jukebox is such great fun with friends, throws up some gems too. Thought of you Shrap when I heard this one, cause it's eh, French ldo. Seriously tho, seems right up your street....

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                      We played YouTube jukebox last night and I got reminded of a song that I can't understand how I needed reminding.

This imo is absolute perfection. If I was forced to listen to one song over and over until I died, this would be it.

Can't choose which version though, like trying to pick your favourite parent....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6DGzbli4qM
                                                                                                                      i really hope you have funky people part 1 and 2 there. 2 of the best compilations of funk period.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                        only chicken\turkey I thought (have been giving our dog beef\lamb bones for years)?
                                                                                                                        Same as.

Comment

Cheers dude, that's my next hour or so sorted.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X