Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was in a local Financial place collecting kids Western Union money sent from Scotland and there was a woman ahead of me, not sure of exact origin but looked Kenyan or Nigerian...

She is handing over the details and she was asked for her address in Malta. She said she can't. The woman said, where abouts are you staying? she replies St Julian's. She said, well you give the address of where you are staying. The woman kept saying she can't and even with the woman behind the counter saying she can't give her the money without it she refused!

Was as Dodgy as Fuck! lol

Comment

Utd Chelsea and arsenal enhanced from 5/4 to 7/4 on Pp. 25 max

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Has there been anything written on the reason why there's seemingly so many celebrity deaths now - that there was an explosion in the numbers of what are deemed celebrities from 1960s onwards due to exponential growth in TV and music from around then. So there's a much bigger pool of potential celebrities to kick buckets. I guess that's the reason anyway but would be interesting to see an analysis along those lines.
        Quite worrying that your job involves working with numbers and you are asking questions like this
        Combo of more celebs like you said + celebs now in the death zone mean something to you. Plus the fact people are more retarded and can't keep things in perspective
        Do you not remember that celeb deaths used to be confined to the end of the news(where it belongs) where some photo in black and white of some Hollywood star you had never heard of was flashed up for a few seconds.

Comment

Has there been anything written on the reason why there's seemingly so many celebrity deaths now - that there was an explosion in the numbers of what are deemed celebrities from 1960s onwards due to exponential growth in TV and music from around then. So there's a much bigger pool of potential celebrities to kick buckets. I guess that's the reason anyway but would be interesting to see an analysis along those lines.
          Why would anyone spend money to analysis it?

Old people (mostly bit part actors) who are members of the ever increasing cult of personality die!

Meh!

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
            Yeah Andy was getting spanked with K high on the regular.
            Had a rough time of it alright. Every cunt was raising my cbets. I had something every time too. Needed to sit in with more cash to play that table properly tbh.
            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Can't believe I enjoyed a game of poker, though. That hasn't happened for long, long time.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                Had a rough time of it alright. Every cunt was raising my cbets. I had something every time too. Needed to sit in with more cash to play that table properly tbh.
                Should have let your balls feel the wind M8

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                  I wasn't even sure of who arsenal were playing but dreamt they went 2-1 down to an OG at home to West Brom. Can't remember the rest of the dream so for all I know they win 5-2 with a late perfect hat trick from Cech.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Ugh. that feeling when your nap for the week gets chinned in the first face of the week

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                        Was in a local Financial place collecting kids Western Union money sent from Scotland and there was a woman ahead of me, not sure of exact origin but looked Kenyan or Nigerian...

She is handing over the details and she was asked for her address in Malta. She said she can't. The woman said, where abouts are you staying? she replies St Julian's. She said, well you give the address of where you are staying. The woman kept saying she can't and even with the woman behind the counter saying she can't give her the money without it she refused!

You should have went up after her and told them the same name and freerolled some address in St Julian's!
                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

and there was a woman ahead of me, not sure of exact origin but looked Kenyan or Nigerian...:
                          So she either looked East African or West African

That's a bit like me saying you either look Irish or Turkish
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Daryl Jacob WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

She's Scottish!

Comment

You don't need an address to collect from WU and certainly not proof of one, if it was dodgy the collector would have had one available in case they were asked.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                  Sounds like I missed out. Don't think I have lost a hand against LSC ever and would surely have prawned eoghan in props. Plus would have snapped all of Dice's bluffs.

Down about 3k in EV there imo.

Comment

Anyone got a stream for the United Sunderland match?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      Ugh. that feeling when your nap for the week gets chinned in the first face of the week
                                      Are you talking about sleeping or horses? I assumed sleeping first, then it made no sense (face is a typo I assume?) but now I am fairly sure it's racing you're on about. Not 100% sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                        Are you talking about sleeping or horses? I assumed sleeping first, then it made no sense (face is a typo I assume?) but now I am fairly sure it's racing you're on about. Not 100% sure though.
                                        First face must have been a Freudian typo... No possibility of a sleeping nap here these days as hyperactive dog will climb up on me and lick me awake any chance he gets.

Comment

Without glasses on (sunglasses were on top of my head) I could not tell. I am not that good at guessing which country African people come from and certainly not when half blind!

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                          You don't need an address to collect from WU and certainly not proof of one, if it was dodgy the collector would have had one available in case they were asked.
                                          That's not true SP

"How do I pick up a money transfer?

You can pick up your money at any agent location. You'll need to complete a "To Receive Money" form and include the following information:

Name
                                          Address

Sender's name
                                          Sender's city and country
                                          Acceptable ID documents also are required. Some restrictions may apply."

Comment

Sounds like I missed out. Don't think I have lost a hand against LSC ever and would surely have prawned eoghan in props. Plus would have snapped all of Dice's bluffs.

Down about 3k in EV there imo.
                                            hu4rolls
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

People with sky how do you got to the uk
                                              utv?

Comment

im in bits

Comment

On a bus, really drunk, and every other passenger is 15 and Irish.
                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Without glasses on (sunglasses were on top of my head) I could not tell. I am not that good at guessing which country African people come from and certainly not when half blind.
                                                    Evidently

Comment

Yep

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

I thanked this, but more because it seemed funny than because of it being obvious how to tell the two apart
                                                            Pretty easy to tell the difference between a Kenyan and a Nigerian I would have thought.
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                              That Samsung Vr is absolutely class. Had Netflix on it and went to grab my Ecig. Looked down to grab it and see a big massive couch, huge Netflix remote. Huge windows, fancy sash curtains to my left and snowy mountains outside.

Fucking mental. Was like sitting in a huge private cinema, highly recommended!!!
                                                              The whole VR industry is now really gathering pace and this year is gonna be incredibly interesting times around this technology.

The Hololens is mindblowing.

Microsoft HoloLens review, AR- mind blowing!My expectations were already high, but when I tried the HoloLens, my mind was blown at how outrageously good it i...

Dive into the future with mixed reality, firstly I demonstrate the most advanced holographic applications on the HoloLens followed by suggestions and innovat...

Opr

Comment

Comment

Comment

I thanked this, but more because it seemed funny than because of it being obvious how to tell the two apart
                                                                    If you can tell the difference between a Turk and an Irishman then east\west African should be easy.

Anyway, 2017 bets plz.

As reigning Supreme Champion, I will let you propose the wagering market(s).

Comment

Comment

Hmm Donald Trump approval rating?
                                                                        Don't like it. Anyway, I'm sure a Fox version would be 80% and a MSNBC one would be 20%.

Comment

Comment

Just to show you how awesome (-ly wrong) I got things last year....

1. It's all about the biggest show on earth this year...the US Presidential election. I've said all along that Hilary is a uniquely weak candidate and only GOP implosion in the primaries can gift her the White House. Assuming the Republicans are not as dumb as they are currently behaving, I'm backing them to see some sense and nominate Rubio who will take this bad boy down in November.
                                                                            Apart from totally dismissing Trump I was 100% right here

2. Enda Kenny will be Taoiseach after the next election as FG come in with seats in the 60-65 range. Who with....I have no idea.
                                                                            Not too far off I suppose

3. Irish economic growth outperforms again. 5% GDP growth in 2016 as unemployment goes below 7.5%.
                                                                            Pretty damn good tbf

4. ISIS gets pounded into oblivion in Iraq and Syria. Assad agrees to elections as an concerted international effort towards peace results in a ceasefire.
                                                                            Half right.

5. At least three major terrorist attacks in Europe.
                                                                            About right imo

6. Two major European economies go into negative growth - France and Italy.

7. AIB successfully refloats 25% of its stock for over 3bn return to the Exchequer.
                                                                            Eh no

8. Clermont win the Heineken Cup....at last.

9. Spurs win the Premiership

Comment

Or a trio of

1) UK Labour poll numbers (first YouGov poll of December)

2) Donald Trump approval rating (NYT The Upshot combined poll at 15th December)

3) FF poll numbers in (first Sindo poll of December)

Closest on two of the above wins.
                                                                              Eh, OK. FF quite likely to be in government by then though.

Trump could well have imploded too!

Comment

On a slightly African theme, was in Lagos today as part of the grand tour of places where Brits drink lager abroad. Some rather fabulous beaches there (do ana beach in particular for anyone who's been there before). Lovely place.
                                                                                thought you were in portugal?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Google Maps had the same problem when trying to get a train here, suggested spending a few weeks on a boat first. Lagos near Faro!
                                                                                      that would make more sense. Praia dos Três Irmãos is supposed to be one of the best beaches in the country.

Comment

I'm not really wedded to the bet, but gives an interest in a few different stories.
                                                                                        Surely a French presidential vote would be interesting/appropriate.

Also euro/dollar exchange rate this time next year would be quite interesting.
                                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

...

Comment

Follow them for 26 miles and see who finishes first?
                                                                                            The Nigerian will take an early lead and blow out after about 300 metres!

Comment

I'm not really wedded to the bet, but gives an interest in a few different stories.
                                                                                              Yeah OK, start putting up some suggested lines when you devoted sufficient intellectual capacity to the issue.

Comment

...

Comment

Just watched The Martian. Good entertainment, but 2+ hours of me like...

Comment

...

Comment

Yep
                                                                                                      Yeppers

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                        $$$ are on Lizzie.
                                                                                                        Well played, whats odds u get

Liz's acting career burgeoned relatively late in life - she was nearly 50 when she made her first appearance on TV
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Threw on The OA earlier, 5 episodes later its time for bed.

Great watch, great story, has me intrigued.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                            Yeppers

had the same bet plus arsenal in my betslip and took out united and west ham, was happy not knowing how much i missed out on, cheers.
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

If CHD were a board game, he'd be Snakes and Chadders.
                                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

2016 your highlights?

So guys what was the highlight of 2016 for you???

For me it was going to a father John Misty concert in July with my bro! :-)
                                                                                                                The following was filmed by me ...with a potato :-) But MEMORIES

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

So what was your highlight of 2016?
                                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 27-12-16, 08:25.

Comment

Ahhhhh I've had such a lovely time with the wife and kids today on the beach but wanted to drink tonight due to pure boredom for the first time in a while as the kids are also a pain in the ass. I'm trying not to drink at the moment as I'm incredibly charming and interesting without it. I've also literally zero pretence I'm able to handle drinking. 2017!
                                                                                                                  I don't drink. I am not incredibly charming and interesting without it . So don't worry.

Comment

Just realised it wasn't even Kenyan I meant. Prob doesn't make any difference as I actually meant Ghana. I was in college with one of each and I wouldn't have known where each was from. No idea where Kenya came out of.

And I can tell the difference between and Irishman and a Turk. Turks on the whole are WAY better looking than Irishman

Comment

Just realised it wasn't even Kenyan I meant. Prob doesn't make any difference as I actually meant Ghana. I was in college with one of each and I wouldn't have known where each was from. No idea where Kenya came out of.

And I can tell the difference between and Irishman and a Turk. Turks on the whole are WAY better looking than Irishman
                                                                                                                      Bet she was Norwegian.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      We don't know where she is from...but IT COULD be norway....because we don't know....

Comment

People never think I am Irish...dunno why..maybe it's the funny accent i keep doing ..i should stop that it's weird...

Anyway what was your highlight for 2016 Mrs Flushdraw?

Comment

the kids are also a pain in the ass.
                                                                                                                          The great unspoken truth of parenting.

Always a bit suspicious of parents who constantly go on about how great their kids are.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 27-12-16, 11:10.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X