Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why on Earth would you open your window?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Had a weird thing happen yesterday. Was sitting in traffic in Artane and this lad ran towards my van on the passenger side motioning for me to open the window. I opened it and he stuck his head in and real frantically goes 'have ye got €2?, gimme €2, need it for a bus, go on go on'

I told him I had no money and he starts telling me to check my pockets, told him to fuck off and he eventually did. Have to say I felt a little threatened by it, can only imagine how frightening it could be for a girl on her own in the car.
      Should have gave him a lift m8

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
        A former coworker told me that I really need to watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, that I would love it. I'm not a big fan of American comedies so would like independent verification. Is it any good?
        Watched the first joke of the first episode, turned it off!

It had it's chance!
        Last edited by Guest; 15-12-16, 12:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
          Why on Earth would you open your window?
          He didn't look like a junkie, I actually thought he had gotten out of a car ahead. Split second stuff too, you don't really think.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
            Just quickly on Dylan Hartley.....

How can he get a reduction for pleading Guilty!!! It's not like the crime was alleged or not seen, it was a blatant strike with the forearm caught on multiple cameras. He should have got a meaningful punishment like missing the 6N or losing the England captaincy. This is nothing but a slap on the wrist.

I will lay 100/1 on PO'C coming out and saying he should still be Lions Captain if anyone wants it? Sitch?!

I don't care how "respected" he is, you can not have a captain that might lose the head when under the kosh and cost you a series. Alos, how can Seanie respect him in the pack?

Ah these lads have a beer after the game and get on with it, not as precious as some of the fans who like to over dramatise things.

O'Connell knows what he's like and basically said in other words that bit of cunt in him makes him the leader he is, so doubt his opinion would change after this latest episode, whether he'd vocalise that is unlikely, but I'll take 20 quid at 100's if you're offering?
            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
              Ah these lads have a beer after the game and get on with it, not as precious as some of the fans who like to over dramatise things.

O'Connell knows what he's like and basically said in other cwords that bit of cunt in him makes him the leader he is, so doubt his opinion would change after this latest episode, whether he'd vocalise that is unlikely, but I'll take 20 quid at 100's if you're offering?
              They seem to get up to quite a bit more then having a beer

"England rugby star James Haskell presided over a 'kangaroo court' during a party at which players allegedly took part in sexually degrading games in front of horrified riverboat staff.

Holding a whip and wearing a blonde wig and red dress, the then Wasps captain stood at a microphone during an end-of-season celebration on the Thames as team-mates performed 'disgusting' forfeits.
              According to a staff member, a young player was humiliated with a beer bottle. Haskell has denied presiding over this incident."

Sounds like they'd fit in well at a certain Protestant boarding school!

Comment

It's always Sunny is class, although I'm still only a few seasons into it. It's not really binge watching stuff like some other ones as it's so frantic most of the time, but it's really clever imo.

Comment

O'Connell knows what he's like and basically said in other words that bit of cunt in him makes him the leader he is, so doubt his opinion would change after this latest episode, whether he'd vocalise that is unlikely, but I'll take 20 quid at 100's if you're offering?
                  You see that's the thing, they don't have a beer after when there is an intentional shot to try and knock you out and take you out of the game.

Who do you play for? Thought you were more of a football man which I reasoned is why you thought this behavior was all good.

Comment

You see that's the thing, they don't have a beer after when there is an intentional shot to try and knock you out and take you out of the game.

Who do you play for? Thought you were more of a football man which I reasoned is why you thought this behavior was all good.
                    I didn't say it was all good, I just think the Irish media/fan reaction has been embarrassing and his Englishness has a lot to play in it even if people don't realise thats the reason for their hatred towards him. Also don't think it particularly affects his ability to captain sides now or in the future.

It's all about perception, to borrow a football example to further annoy you, Roy Keane was hero worshipped by fans and media in Ireland, he was a downright scumbag at times and probably served more bans than any player of my era, don't think anyone ever questioned his ability to captain a side, in fact probably seen as one of the greatest leaders.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

I didn't say it was all good, I just think the Irish media/fan reaction has been embarrassing and his Englishness has a lot to play in it even if people don't realise thats the reason for their hatred towards him. Also don't think it particularly affects his ability to captain sides now or in the future.

It's all about perception, to borrow a football example to further annoy you, Roy Keane was hero worshipped by fans and media in Ireland, he was a downright scumbag at times and probably served more bans than any player of my era, don't think anyone ever questioned his ability to captain a side, in fact probably seen as one of the greatest leaders.
                      Yeah maybe the Englishness feeds into it but we have no comparisons in the sport due to the fact he is the most banned high profile player by a country mile. The only person anywhere near him off the top of my head is Shalke Berger and he is another massive cunt.

I do agree a leader has to be on the edge and aggressive. In saying that, a captain can not be that much of a loose cannon that he might take himself out of the game with 20 mins to go with a blatant strike. It is too much of a risk and outweighs any good that he brings to the team.

Roy Keane was a scumbag alright but I don't think he ever does anything that blatant and obvious in a big game to take him out of the match.

Comment

You say his Englishness feeds into it like it's a bad thing?

Comment

Roy Keane was a scumbag alright but I don't think he ever does anything that blatant and obvious in a big game to take him out of the match.

Comment

I didn't say it was all good, I just think the Irish media/fan reaction has been embarrassing and his Englishness has a lot to play in it even if people don't realise thats the reason for their hatred towards him. Also don't think it particularly affects his ability to captain sides now or in the .
                            LOL at referring to Hartley's Englishness
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

I knew that was coming. That's why I was sure to put in "Big Game".

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                LOL at referring to Hartley's Englishness
                                He was born in Rotura New Zealand.
                                Has been banned for spitting head butting gouging and verbally abusing Wayne Barnes in a premiership final.
                                If he done that shit in civilian life he would hopefully be locked up.
                                Its very hard respect an opponent who tries to gouge your eyes out.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                  Pure marmite, so. I'll give it a go.
                                  I can take it or leave it.
                                  There are like 300 episodes and they are all the same so like Marmite its best to use occasionally and spread it thinly.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I knew that was coming. That's why I was sure to put in "Big Game".
                                    I know city didnt have filthy oil lucre to buy titles back then but never remember Manchester derby not being a big game? Who gets that wound up about scandinavians anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                      I know city didnt have filthy oil lucre to buy titles back then but never remember Manchester derby not being a big game? Who gets that wound up about scandinavians anyway?
                                      Sigh...

OK let's not argue on what a big game is. To me a league game in the middle of 38 league games is not as big as one of 3 must win home fixtures in a knock out competition that is comparable to Champions League.

Also, I don't remember Keane being the most banned footballer of all time? Was he even close?

I don't think the two are comparable anyway but don't care that much.

Comment

Latest show of betting:

4/6 PSV

7/2 Eoghan

Notes: Eoghan is, not for the first time, wearing some very vivid red blinkers
                                        PSV has once again forgone the strongly advised tongue tie

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                          Latest show of betting:

4/6 PSV

7/2 Eoghan

4/6 is big value. You wouldn't make a bookie!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                            Latest show of betting:

4/6 PSV

7/2 Eoghan

Daycent valoo.

I'll take €1M on PSV & €350k on Eoghan please

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                              Daycent valoo.

I'll take €1M on PSV & €350k on Eoghan please
                                              Its a draw, cute hoor bookie scoops, tough shit

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                Its a draw, cute hoor bookie scoops, tough shit
                                                Quiet you, been learning from the GAA

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  Always found it strange back when Waterford Wedgewood was popular for very expensive wine glasses. They're objectively a terrible way to drink wine due to the thickness of the glass. Well never really got the whole Waterford Wedgewood thing at all really.
                                                  Bit like blaas, Waterford people are oddly proud of them.

Has anyone else noticed a change in attitude to P&F since posting the photos yesterday?

Before it was all "ha, well done riggs/CHD, too obvious though" or "Can we ban her for relentless annoying posts" etc. Now everyone being nice as pie in case the photo she put up is actually her!!

Pretty funny IMO!
                                                  Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                  People seem to be more rattled it's lottie or myself and they'll be "levelled"
                                                  Ought to be somewhat embarrassed about crying wolf all the time. Marks deducted for constantly being wrong.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                  Had a weird thing happen yesterday. Was sitting in traffic in Artane and this lad ran towards my van on the passenger side motioning for me to open the window. I opened it and he stuck his head in and real frantically goes 'have ye got €2?, gimme €2, need it for a bus, go on go on'

I told him I had no money and he starts telling me to check my pockets, told him to fuck off and he eventually did. Have to say I felt a little threatened by it, can only imagine how frightening it could be for a girl on her own in the car.
                                                  video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Keane absolutely wouldn't have been respected as captain of a representative side of the premier league if such a thing existed.

I find it hard to believe that any of the Irish players would respect Hartley as captain and they'll make up a sizeable contingent of the travelling squad. That said Garland is a bit of a cunt too so peas in a pod and all that.
                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

sounds horrible Hitch. You'd be as quick to drive!

Comment

Starting prep for family trip to Portugal next week. Was thinking the 3 hour flight was going to be rough with the baby and vastly too restless bigger kid. Then see the train to the airport takes 4.5 hours (Beauvais). Then the 3+ hours in the airport due to train times and the usual airport nonsense. Not the best of starts to realise the painful 3 hour flight is actually the shortest part of the days travelling.
                                                          Where you going?

Comment

Comment

Comment

lolz

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

My way of lookin at it is that due to bad prices and all the hard work we've to go through our profits should be made tax free.

I am not sure if op is a troll or a self entitled gobshite, either way I was entertained which doesnt usually happen on boards

Comment

Like the cunce who hang out at the ticket machines in Connoly station.

"Got two euro for a ticket"

I like to bluff them and offer to buy their ticket instead. Got it through so far.

Comment

Just be sound and carry cans to hand out.

Comment

Courtneys bar Killarney

SPOILER

Comment

Le galaxie djs in sugar club saturday night, I are excite!
                                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Somewhere near Faro. Albuferia I think it's called. Destination selected exclusively because of their desire to take care of at least the eldest kid for some of the day!
                                                                            I saw 20 euro flights between lisbon and faro airport the other day. might be worth looking into taking two flights if the whole process is a lot easier.

Comment

Jordie Barrett won Mitre 10 player of the year and young new zealand player. I didn't do much with him coaching wise (just contact skills and some analysis) but shameless brag all the same.

Comment

Speaking of scumbags earlier, i can only describe this as an assault on the referee from Bruno Doglioli.

rugby, nrl, nfl, nfl football, mlb baseball, nba basketball, soccer, fifa football, nhl hockey, sling tv, verizon, geiko, all state

Comment

Rogue One was really good.

SPOILER
                                                                                  Hard to keep the tension when you know they succeed, but they did a great job. CGI Tarkin was a bit weird. CGI Princess Leia was extra weird.
                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

It is a sad day when a gentleman who has been imbibing Yuletide beverages with his colleagues pitches up to the Aquarium with a desire to pit his wits against like-minded individuals only to find that no such opportunity exists, instead merely an invitation to compete against the wheel of steel.

A sad day indeed. Sadder when the stupid fucker accepts said invitation.

Comment

There ought to be a sky movies channel called Sky Michael Owen where they show the 8 films he has watched in his lifetime on repeat.

Comment

Work christmas parties are fucking grim. Hate them with a passion... sucks trying to make small talk about shite with people you dont really know, and you know they hate it as much as you do.

Another pint wrench, and pass the fuckin gun
                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

...

Comment

Finally got round to watching The Walking Dead and just finished it up to the Mid season break that just happened.

I didn't really enjoy it at first, waaaay too gory in parts but from Season 4 (yes I gave it a good chance) I got more into it.

I still didn't find it as good as I thought I would the way people raved about it. I still much prefer The Blacklist, GoT and Westworld.

Comment

Inspired by Trump's convincing message that we must remove stiffling regulations to progress, we deregulated management of the advent calendar to the kid this year. Her tears this morning as she realised she had already opened all the windows and eaten all the sweets is perhaps a nice parable as we approach 2017 and the world's new adventure.
                                                                                              my little bollix opens his every morning and then tries to get another one off the other parent that evening by saying he didn't yet get his daily allowance.

I've my xmas party tonight so he could get a rude shock in the morning, when he goes to his calendar, ala bad santa

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                Work christmas parties are fucking grim. Hate them with a passion... sucks trying to make small talk about shite with people you dont really know, and you know they hate it as much as you do.

Another pint wrench, and pass the fuckin gun
                                                                                                Get better coworkers imo
                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                  Finally got round to watching The Walking Dead and just finished it up to the Mid season break that just happened.

I didn't really enjoy it at first, waaaay too gory in parts but from Season 4 (yes I gave it a good chance) I got more into it.

I still didn't find it as good as I thought I would the way people raved about it. I still much prefer The Blacklist, GoT and Westworld.
                                                                                                  It's good fun at its best. At it's worst its incredibly boring with some pointless story arcs.

My favourite thing about the show at present is
                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                  Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Negan. He's a much better villain than the predecessors and plays it to perfection. He might not be the same as the comic book version but does a great job all the same.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Dance scene from House Of Flying Daggers. A romantic police captain breaks a beautiful member of a rebel group out of prison to help her rejoin her fellows, ...

The film is set in 859 AD. The once great Tang Dynasty is now in decline. Numerous rebel groups have formed, the largest of which is the House of Flying Dagg...

It's interesting to me how similar martial arts fight scenes are to dances.

Comment

Except for the few months it would take to learn how to drive!
                                                                                                      I can't drive either!

Comment

It is a sad day when a gentleman who has been imbibing Yuletide beverages with his colleagues pitches up to the Aquarium with a desire to pit his wits against like-minded individuals only to find that no such opportunity exists, instead merely an invitation to compete against the wheel of steel.

Could have built the game around you if you gave some notice!

Comment

Doesn't sound too bright alright.

Sounds better. ..well a bit ..a bit cheerier anyhow
                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 16-12-16, 11:12.

Comment

week before Christmas, town was hopping and not a hint of a cash game at 12.30

what is the world coming to?

Comment

week before Christmas, town was hopping and not a hint of a cash game at 12.30

what is the world coming to?
                                                                                                              I blame hateddajacks he has everyone cleaned out and killed the game!
                                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

It's Christmas! And Mulled Wine is the ULTIMATE Christmas drink. Donal's classic Mulled Wine recipe uses the zest and juice of clementines, lemon and lime, c...

can you buy mulled wine?

Comment

Anyone who has a yearly taxsaver bus thing, I dropped into Dublin Bus on O'Connell St this morning and they gave me €40 cash as compensation for the recent strike.

/buswanker

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                    I blame hateddajacks he has everyone cleaned out and killed the game!
                                                                                                                    Did he get greedy and drain you all to the last drop??

Comment

I rang ahead and there was nothing happening, if they'd told me RDIII was skulking around I'd have been over in a heartbeat... his money is so much more fun for rubbing on titties.

There were three or four tables running in the Fitz, grimness level was moderate to middling

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                        I was in Cafe En Seine and at 11.50pm I debated getting a taxi home or going to the SE. I went home, thankfully.
                                                                                                                        jaysus, we could have gone to la Cave and cleaned 'em out of Meerlust

would have been cheaper and more fun

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          I rang ahead and there was nothing happening, if they'd told me RDIII was skulking around I'd have been over in a heartbeat... his money is so much more fun for rubbing on titties.

There were three or four tables running in the Fitz, grimness level was moderate to middling
                                                                                                                          Meat?!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X