This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
    The Irish Championship...it's a diff festival i know because there was a satellite for one near me last year. It was before the Irish open and before the Norwegians. The Irish Poker Championship. http://www.allirelandpokerchampionsh...-championship/

This but I can't find 2017.
    I don't know if its happening again in 2017...

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
      By supporting a female only poker tournament you're saying men are superior to women.
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
        Yeah, that's the same cancer that my neighbor has that I posted about here a couple of weeks ago. Lung, bone, pancreas, neck. He's from the north so NHS cover too. He is a solicitor though so I am surprised he didn't opt for the immunotherapy, I assume he could raise the money for it.
        His partner told me he is pretty bad and he may not make the wedding on the 22nd Dec so they may have to move it up.
        Sigh. This has indeed been moved to this Thursday. His partner sent a pic of them today and the difference in a couple of weeks is unbelievable, he's still smiling though and looking forward to the wedding. I guess it's probably the last thing he has to look forward to.

Comment

Rip Walter Swinburn. Only 55. 2016 wanna end fast.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
            Sigh. This has indeed been moved to this Thursday. His partner sent a pic of them today and the difference in a couple of weeks is unbelievable, he's still smiling though and looking forward to the wedding. I guess it's probably the last thing he has to look forward to.
            A very sad happy occasion for them. Hopefully it goes as well as it can in those circumstances.

Comment

Balliol -75 10/11
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

They'll need to extend those 'year in review' programs to allow enough time for the deaths section.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                  They'll need to extend those 'year in review' programs to allow enough time for the deaths section.
                  this fascination with deaths is in fact a manifestation of our own ageing

#thoughtforthedaysuckonthatfuckers
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...Said it before, say it again...Celebrity dead pool would have been fucking epic this year!!!...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                      ...Said it before, say it again...Celebrity dead pool would have been fucking epic this year!!!...
                      Most were nobodies.

Clearing was needed tbf, too many of them.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                        You'd think but it's all people you wouldn't have expected...

Comment

...Yeah that's true actually...But with the amount of deaths, I reckon a few would have been mentioned :-)...

Comment

Already there isn't a week goes by there isn't someone I know turns up on RIP.ie
                            If I see out another 25 years there won't enough people left for it to be a regular occurrence

Comment

Isn't it just a function of the huge growth in the number of celebrities, TV stars etc. that happened since the 60's. There are just so many people who filled out their 15 minutes and are dying off at a normal rate.

Comment

Another one who died recently was the great Mose Alison

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

At a Mose Alison gig in the South County hotel in 198? I told an off his face Bono to shut the fuck up and stop acting like a cunt. He didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  Isn't it just a function of the huge growth in the number of celebrities, TV stars etc. that happened since the 60's. There are just so many people who filled out their 15 minutes and are dying off at a normal rate.
                                  Don't really remember what it was like in the 60's tbh m8.

Comment

Woke up at 5:00 this morning feeling like you do when you're exhausted and have only gotten about 3 hours sleep

Looked at my phone, it was actually 13:30 odd
                                    Breakfast and some podcasts
                                    Fell asleep on the couch
                                    Ready meal that was in fridge for such days
                                    Fell asleep on the couch

Woke up, considered playing poker for first time in about 18 months (Blame Dice/DP whomever had a win recently), around 19:30 look for game options on PP excluding rebuys, none to speak of...

Fall asleep on bed

Just woke up feeling the way your supposed to feel when you wake up at 5:00 in morning after a good sleep

Comment

Another one who died recently was the great Mose Alison

At a Mose Alison gig in the South County hotel in 198. I told an off his face Bono to shut the fuck up and stop acting like a cunt. He didn't.
                                      Scorcher of a summer we had in 198.
                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                        Is there a pro crybully scene?

In 11 days' time I shall be unemployed. I'm heading off for a couple of months and have no current plans for the rest of my life after that at this point.

Maybe Mdoug will lend me one of his jobs.
                                        You should write a book, psychological thriller gets the $$$$$. Be no bother to you after reading your posts for ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                          Scorcher of a summer we had in 198.
                                          Only 37 Celsius here at the moment. Not too shabby
                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                Are you gonna be there for Jan and Feb? It gets a tad hot.
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP
                                                  ‘It’s happening’: Maddow previews ‘explosive’ Newsweek story that hints at Turkey’s blackmail of Trump
                                                  TOM BOGGIONI 12 DEC 2016 AT 21:49
                                                  In a preview of a Newsweek article due to be released Tuesday morning, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow explained that writer Kurt Eichenwald has uncovered evidence that President-elect Donald Trump may have already been compromised by a foreign leader holding the power to threaten his overseas holdings to gain a political advantage.
                                                  According to Maddow, Trump has a business relationship with the Doğan family, owners of Doğan Holding, which is building twin towers in Turkey bearing the Trump name for which the Trump family stands to make millions of dollars.
                                                  “The day after our presidential election in this country, one of the world leaders who called up Trump tower and spoke with the president-elect was the president of Turkey,” Maddow explained. “And one of the perk up your ears strange things reported about that call is that while Donald Trump was on the phone taking that congratulatory phone call from the president of Turkey, in that same call, Mr. Trump brought up to the president of Turkey by name that executive from the Doğan company, the guy who was the key guy on Trump’s big twin towers in Istanbul.”
                                                  Noting that Trump praised the man to Turkish President Erdoğan, Maddow continued.
                                                  “Now Newsweek reports that Turkey has figured out how to turn that to their advantage and how to put the president of the United States over a barrel in the process,” Maddow explained. “On December 1st, the top representative of the Doğan company, in Turkey’s capital city, got arrested by the Turkish police. Again, Trump as president-elect had taken an official call from the Turkish president and used that occasion to tell the Turkish president how much this one particular company meant to him, going so far as to name specific executives.”
                                                  According to Maddow, President Erdoğan had the founder of the Doğan Holding, as well as an executive arrested on “threadbare” charges that both were involved in an attempted military coup that happened in turkey this past summer.
                                                  Maddow then got to the heart of the matter.
                                                  “Turkey desperately wants the U.S. government to extradite an imam [Turkish cleric Fethullah Gulen],” Maddow explained. “They [the U.S.] have said that they are not extraditing him. But if that’s what you wanted, what if you could squeeze the personal financial interests of the American president as a way to get what you want from the American government?
                                                  Rachel Maddow offers an exclusive preview of Newsweek's latest cover story showing how Donald Trump's business interests are a vulnerability that foreign governments seeking to influence the US could exploit.
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

In not unrelated news, there’s also late-breaking word tonight that Donald Trump is postponing his long-planned announcement about what he plans to do with all his business interests while he’s president.”
                                                    lol
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I see betfred have him 1/3 to last the full term. Seems too short?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                        Are you gonna be there for Jan and Feb? It gets a tad hot.
                                                        Sure... be grand. Live by the harbour so get nice sea breeze.
                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Sure... be grand. Live by the harbour so get nice sea breeze.
                                                          Who knew in a little over 4 hours i could hate you twice as much ?
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            lol
                                                            But... but he's a genius isn't he

Comment

I'll take 1/3 if anyone wants to give me free money.

Comment

Its actually shocking that there aren't the structures of permanent government and diplomacy in place that can exercise some control on this assclown.

Comment

Its actually shocking that there aren't the structures of permanent government and diplomacy in place that can exercise some control on this assclown.
                                                                  But he's been democratically elected, like, by the people.

Comment

Had a bun for breakfast, what about you?

Comment

Like a boss!

Comment

I doubt he went too far riding a track bike on the road. They have no brakes or gears.

Comment

Just purchased a bottle brush for cleaning out my (awkwardly shaped) wine decanters prior to Christmas.

May have hit peak Wine Wanker.

Comment

For all the guitar wankers.

In this episode of Raw Craft Anthony Bourdain heads to Providence, Rhode Island to meet with luthier Rachel Rosenkrantz, to learn how she makes handcrafted c...
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

On the plus side, just had an El Magnifico sandwich in Pablo's Tortas.

Best sandwich I've had this year.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                    Feels odd handing your credit card over to people and they disappear with it for 20 minutes. Presumably that's the bank account gone. But seems like everyone does it.
                                                                                    Hmm, that's relatively dodgy if you're still in HK and not in a nice hotel, restaurant or whatever. Just have heard many reports of people disappearing with credit cards for 10 mins etc in small HK establishments and obviously the cards are being cloned!

Comment

But he's been democratically elected, like, by the people.
                                                                                      The people voted for Hillary, the Electoral college will elect Trump.

Comment

Can anyone here recommend a good doctor in Dublin city centre/phibsboro/drumcondra please and thanks
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                          Hmm, that's relatively dodgy if you're still in HK and not in a nice hotel, restaurant or whatever. Just have heard many reports of people disappearing with credit cards for 10 mins etc in small HK establishments and obviously the cards are being cloned!
                                                                                          Standard practice in South African hotels.

Equally standard to find your card hit for first class flights to Lagos when you return. Think my record was six scammed cards in a calendar year.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                            Just purchased a bottle brush for cleaning out my (awkwardly shaped) wine decanters prior to Christmas.

May have hit peak Wine Wanker.
                                                                                            Baby bottle cleaning brush does the trick
                                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

On the plus side, just had an El Magnifico sandwich in Pablo's Tortas.

Best sandwich I've had this year.
                                                                                              I have taken to stopping and just sniffing the aroma from Saburritos on Talbot Street (am I the only one who pretend North Earl Street doesn't exist and just calls it Talbot all the way) whenever I pass these days. It's quite lovely.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                  Baby bottle cleaning brush does the trick
                                                                                                  Not long enough.

I did say awkwardly shaped. Like this:
                                                                                                  SPOILER

Comment

The people voted for Hillary, the Electoral college will elect Trump.
                                                                                                    They aren't going to fuck with the EC.
                                                                                                    Although I did read a hilarious article trying to persuade Democrats to move to swing states in an attempt to re-gerrymeander the states

Comment

But... but he's a genius isn't he
                                                                                                      Full article here
                                                                                                      The president-elect is issuing statements to world leaders that radically depart from U.S. foreign policy, and benefit his family's corporate empire.

It's pretty interesting stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                        I am in the market for one - where does one procure such an item.
                                                                                                        Stock on King St, opposite Stephens Green Centre.

Just up from the place that sells horsehead masks.

Comment

Not long enough.

I did say awkwardly shaped. Like this:
                                                                                                          SPOILER

Wanker

Don't think I have the required wanker status to own such a fine vessel
                                                                                                          Last edited by elbows; 13-12-16, 15:55.
                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Can't imagine a kitchen without a variety of bottle brushes... basic equipment IMO

Where would I pick up Martini glasses?

Comment

Can't imagine a kitchen without a variety of bottle brushes... basic equipment IMO

Where would I pick up Martini glasses?
                                                                                                              On the stem

Comment

The decunter elite out in force today
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Full article here
                                                                                                                  The president-elect is issuing statements to world leaders that radically depart from U.S. foreign policy, and benefit his family's corporate empire.

It's pretty interesting stuff.
                                                                                                                  This, if true. is is very alarming also.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                    Can anyone here recommend a good doctor in Dublin city centre/phibsboro/drumcondra please and thanks

Dr K Ekky, my doctor since I can remember... he's done ok so far.

Comment

Took some pics out and about Found the birth place of WB Yeats. :-)

Also PIRATES!

Comment

Will mending this with a sewing machine break it or should I throw it?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X