• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      What am I going to be like tomorrow?
      Don't go. Email them and tell them you couldn't turn up because you were XXXXfaced
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Austin Stack, what a guy. Not all heroes wear a cape

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                Awh happy b day to him.

How about this?? :-) Precious Memories First Birthday Time Capsule. it can be personalized and used as a time capsule to store all of the child's cherished moments and memories.
                Nice idea. Lot of effort though, and wouldn't make it happen by Saturday.
                Bag of small cans it is.
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Christmas party on a Thursday night. What a fucking stupid idea.
                  I'm sure they were thinking it would promote sensible behaviour. But in reality they've just set us up for a disaster Friday.
                  Currently on the bus, an hour late for work, because I reckon I still over the limit when I work up.
                  Gonna need a magical coffee to fix this

Comment

They beat you.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                      Austin Stack, what a guy. Not all heroes wear a cape
                      There is something about way Adams, trying to re assert control and steeling himself for the next big lie, touched the arm of the woman running the press conference that tells you all you need to know about what went down there.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Mad how Australia is in the future.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          Ask for the lotto numbers ?
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Adams should YOLO it and have Austin Stack shot in the legs imo. Then get jarred and do this in the Dail the next day:

Tony Montana: What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like m...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                              Ask for the lotto numbers ?
                              Eh, no point. Future cunts don't like us cunts in the past.

EG

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                Adams should YOLO it and have Austin Stack shot in the legs imo. Then get jarred and do this in the Dail the next day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW37AGZ0Pj0
                                Gerry should keep his mouth shut. Snitches get kneecap snitches.

Chaps the greatest troll on the island. Brings his teddies and rubber ducks on tour in the 26 whilst getting paid after surviving the game in the 6.

Legend.

Comment

I find it comforting knowing you will read this about to start your day work and I am done for the weekend having a couple of beers in glorious sunshine.

SPOILER
                                  yeah that was a wanker post
                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

also
                                    SPOILER
                                    gfyl

Comment

I work too much.
                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                        I work too much.
                                        Who had December 5-11 in the sweep?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                          Who had December 5-11 in the sweep?
                                          Worked 110 hours 2 weeks ago m8. Twas a bit rough.

Doing 12 pubs very soon though so that'll be grand
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

For those who like linkedfinance/mintos, here is a long list of investment sites with most having guarantee's. Not sure which one I'll try first but I'll try at least one new

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

For those of you who enjoy reading touching stories, this beauty appeared on reddit yesterday. Guy who dressed as Goofy for 20 years did an ask me anything and when asked if he has any good stories, well it is a bit magical.

Spoilered for length
                                              SPOILER
                                              "I have one moment that stands out above all the rest. I was waiting for someone to ask me this question. It's the reason I left a good job as a VIP Tourguide and moved to the Character Department.

I was working City Hall one day when two guests came in with two little girls. One was in a wheel chair and the other one looked like she had just seen death. Both were cut and bruised and the one in the wheelchair had her arm in a cast. The two women were actually nurses from a hospital and were asking for a refund on the girl's tickets, something we avoided doing at all costs. When I asked why they told me the story. The two girls were with their mom and dad at Epcot and on the way home they got into a horrible car accident. The mother was beheaded right in front of them. The father eventually died too but the two girls didn't know that yet. They were from overseas and had no money and no contact information for anyone they knew. They were bringing the tickets back to get the girls some much needed money to help get them back home. My heart absolutely sunk. If you had seen these girls you'd know why. They were truly traumatized. I refunded their tickets and got permission to be their private tour guide for the rest of the day (which they were not expecting). I walked them to the VIP viewing area for the parade which was as far as I could walk them in the costume we used to wear at City Hall. I had to leave them there while I put on my VIP costume. On the way down I pulled out every kid joke I could think of. I was a REALLY good tour guide (I helped write part of it) and I knew how to make kids smile. Nothing worked. These girls were too far gone for that. I left them at the bridge to go change, walked backstage and bawled my eyes out. I just had never seen something so horrible. I was truly affected and it was a terrible feeling of powerlessness not being able to fix the situation. When I came back I brought them to get ice-cream, take them on rides and stuff but they never smiled, not once. The nurses were loving it and were trying to get them into it but it just wasn't working. We went back to the bridge to watch the parade. It was there that I honestly saw true magic. Real magic, not bullshit. I had called the parade department to let them know what was going on and set up a private meet and greet after the parade. As the parade was coming around Liberty Square I told the girls that I had called Mickey and told them all about them. I told them that Mickey asked to meet them after the parade.

The little girl in the wheelchair smiled.

"Really?" she asked. My heart skipped. "Yes, really! He told me to tell you to look out for him in the parade and to follow the float back to City Hall."

The other girl smiled.

"You mean right now?" she asked.

It had worked. They were talking. Not laughing, but talking. It was the first time I had heard them speak. Every single parade performer came up to them on the bridge and told them to look out for Mickey. Every one of them told them that. When Mickey's float came up Mickey (who was attached to a pole at the top of the float) managed to turn her body sideways, look down at the girls and point towards Main Street. That was all it took. The girls were excited now. They had forgotten about death. They were lost in a magical world and I couldn't believe I was watching it unfold in front of my eyes. We followed that float all the way back to City Hall, singing "Mickey Mania" the whole way. Back then, City Hall used to have a VIP lounge behind the desk that was for privacy during difficult situations or to host celebrities. I took them in and showed them the book where all of the autographs were. They were eating it up.

The girl who was Mickey that day (K.T., I will always love you for this) got down off her float and without even taking her head off walked up to me backstage and said "Let's go." I walked in with Mickey behind me so I got to see the exact moment the girls met their new friend. They got shy but Mikey was in control now. Those girls met the REAL Mickey Mouse that day. Every single parade character stayed dressed to meet those girls. One by one they'd come in and play a bit then leave. We were in that lounge for over an hour. Mickey stayed in costume the entire time (which is hard to do after a parade). When Mickey finally said goodbye I had two excited girls on my hands that couldn't stop smiling. They talked and talked and talked. We had a wonderful day after that but what I remember most is when we walked by the rose garden, the older one said "Oh, my mommy loves roses! I mean..." and she stopped. I held out my hand and walked her to the gate, picked her up and put her on the other side and said "Pick one!" She looked happy as she picked out her favorite rose. She didn't say anything more and she didn't need to. I said goodbye to the wonderful nurses and the wonderful girls then walked backstage behind the train station. This time I didn't cry. It felt so good to be a part of that. I realized that as much as I liked helping guests at City Hall, the true magic of Disney was in the character department. I auditioned, transferred and never looked back. Thanks for letting me relive this. It was a special day for me.
                                              "
                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

For those of you who enjoy reading touching stories, this beauty appeared on reddit yesterday. Guy who dressed as Goofy for 20 years did an ask me anything and when asked if he has any good stories, well it is a bit magical.

Spoilered for length
                                                SPOILER
                                                "I have one moment that stands out above all the rest. I was waiting for someone to ask me this question. It's the reason I left a good job as a VIP Tourguide and moved to the Character Department.

I was working City Hall one day when two guests came in with two little girls. One was in a wheel chair and the other one looked like she had just seen death. Both were cut and bruised and the one in the wheelchair had her arm in a cast. The two women were actually nurses from a hospital and were asking for a refund on the girl's tickets, something we avoided doing at all costs. When I asked why they told me the story. The two girls were with their mom and dad at Epcot and on the way home they got into a horrible car accident. The mother was beheaded right in front of them. The father eventually died too but the two girls didn't know that yet. They were from overseas and had no money and no contact information for anyone they knew. They were bringing the tickets back to get the girls some much needed money to help get them back home. My heart absolutely sunk. If you had seen these girls you'd know why. They were truly traumatized. I refunded their tickets and got permission to be their private tour guide for the rest of the day (which they were not expecting). I walked them to the VIP viewing area for the parade which was as far as I could walk them in the costume we used to wear at City Hall. I had to leave them there while I put on my VIP costume. On the way down I pulled out every kid joke I could think of. I was a REALLY good tour guide (I helped write part of it) and I knew how to make kids smile. Nothing worked. These girls were too far gone for that. I left them at the bridge to go change, walked backstage and bawled my eyes out. I just had never seen something so horrible. I was truly affected and it was a terrible feeling of powerlessness not being able to fix the situation. When I came back I brought them to get ice-cream, take them on rides and stuff but they never smiled, not once. The nurses were loving it and were trying to get them into it but it just wasn't working. We went back to the bridge to watch the parade. It was there that I honestly saw true magic. Real magic, not bullshit. I had called the parade department to let them know what was going on and set up a private meet and greet after the parade. As the parade was coming around Liberty Square I told the girls that I had called Mickey and told them all about them. I told them that Mickey asked to meet them after the parade.

"Really?" she asked. My heart skipped. "Yes, really! He told me to tell you to look out for him in the parade and to follow the float back to City Hall."

The other girl smiled.

It had worked. They were talking. Not laughing, but talking. It was the first time I had heard them speak. Every single parade performer came up to them on the bridge and told them to look out for Mickey. Every one of them told them that. When Mickey's float came up Mickey (who was attached to a pole at the top of the float) managed to turn her body sideways, look down at the girls and point towards Main Street. That was all it took. The girls were excited now. They had forgotten about death. They were lost in a magical world and I couldn't believe I was watching it unfold in front of my eyes. We followed that float all the way back to City Hall, singing "Mickey Mania" the whole way. Back then, City Hall used to have a VIP lounge behind the desk that was for privacy during difficult situations or to host celebrities. I took them in and showed them the book where all of the autographs were. They were eating it up.

The girl who was Mickey that day (K.T., I will always love you for this) got down off her float and without even taking her head off walked up to me backstage and said "Let's go." I walked in with Mickey behind me so I got to see the exact moment the girls met their new friend. They got shy but Mikey was in control now. Those girls met the REAL Mickey Mouse that day. Every single parade character stayed dressed to meet those girls. One by one they'd come in and play a bit then leave. We were in that lounge for over an hour. Mickey stayed in costume the entire time (which is hard to do after a parade). When Mickey finally said goodbye I had two excited girls on my hands that couldn't stop smiling. They talked and talked and talked. We had a wonderful day after that but what I remember most is when we walked by the rose garden, the older one said "Oh, my mommy loves roses! I mean..." and she stopped. I held out my hand and walked her to the gate, picked her up and put her on the other side and said "Pick one!" She looked happy as she picked out her favorite rose. She didn't say anything more and she didn't need to. I said goodbye to the wonderful nurses and the wonderful girls then walked backstage behind the train station. This time I didn't cry. It felt so good to be a part of that. I realized that as much as I liked helping guests at City Hall, the true magic of Disney was in the character department. I auditioned, transferred and never looked back. Thanks for letting me relive this. It was a special day for me.
                                                "
                                                That one comment was tough to read and all that but dont waste your time with the thread. Its shit.

Comment

Isn't it an awfully good thing I quoted the comment and not linked the thread so m8

I is in agreement with that assessment
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Isn't it an awfully good thing I quoted the comment and not linked the thread so m8

Jeez was only saying you big bully.

Comment

Jeez was only saying you big bully.

Stop calling me names bully
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

That one comment was tough to read and all that but dont waste your time with the thread. Its shit.

Thanks for the heads up. Was gonna go find that thread.
                                                        Will find something else instead

Comment

Comment

Comment

Room looks like the set from Leaving Las Vegas. Now to piece together the rich tapestry of last night.
                                                              Look on the bright side, it seems like I will break my lifetime losing prop bet streak against you. Barring doooooooooooom of course.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                              so FTSE -15% from the 2015 closing @ evens?
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Comment

Spoilered for length
                                                                    SPOILER

The other girl smiled.

"
                                                                    Confirmed working too much. No idea what the guy intends me to take from that story.

Comment

Hot Vietnamese PhD student wants to meet for beers. I've seen this movie before. Pixelated.
                                                                      But you have grown up now and the midlife crisis is at an end and you don't want to be that guy anymore!

Comment

Few days hols, set no alarm. Look forward to monster lie on. Wake up at 7.30.! Ffs
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Primary drinking season is looking good so far. Just hope I have the energy for it all.
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                            Few days hols, set no alarm. Look forward to monster lie on. Wake up at 7.30.! Ffs
                                                                            You'll just have to compensate with a nap in the afternoon
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                              You'll just have to compensate with a nap in the afternoon
                                                                              No nap. Poker and drinkies and #avoiddice
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                Primary drinking season is looking good so far. Just hope I have the energy for it all.
                                                                                I do not have a stamina at all anymore.
                                                                                no stomach for large volume of pints so stay on the whiskey
                                                                                but drink whiskey really fast as there is not really a lot in the glass
                                                                                so have lots of whiskey
                                                                                also have turned into slight whiskey wanker so normal jemmies or paddys wont do
                                                                                so spend lots of money

The after effects of a night of semi premium whiskey means I'm pretty much useless for the next 24 hours due to feeling I've ran a marathon and have had the life force drained out of me.
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I want to get my old man a voucher for a falconry afternoon for Christmas. Ashford Castle do one and it looks good and probably a nice day out. The extended version is 90pp which doesn't seem bad. Anyone ever done similar in Ireland? Anywhere else I should try?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                    so spend lots of money
                                                                                    That's not a sign of wankery, just means you have functioning tastebuds. Entry level whiskey is vile stuff.

Comment

]Not too shabby. I'll take third if can hold spot

SPOILER
                                                                                      Last edited by SatNav; 09-12-16, 10:57.
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

You're just out of practice. Get back on the bike, be grand.

Comment

What do you get Michelle? you are doing some job! No better woman for it. A true Sky Rep through and through and devoted to the job and brand. Fair play to ya. I couldn't do it

Comment

1st tv
                                                                                            2nd 450 argos voucher
                                                                                            3rd 250 voucher one 4 all

I won't make second or first now. Install dates gone too for xmas. Nobody will get over my pps by 15th I'd imagine from feedback. Not 100% sure tbh lol

Ah fuck it im off now till Tues. No more Sky Talk!
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

so have lots of whiskey
                                                                                              so spend lots of money

The after effects of a night of semi premium whiskey means I'm pretty much useless for the next 24 hours due to feeling I've ran a marathon and have had the life force drained out of me.
                                                                                              Suggest Malta to the better half for your next family trip. It won't help with the lifeforce issue but it'll be far more forgiving on your pocket

Have got into a steady and very worthwhile habit of drinking Glenfiddich (12/15/18 whichever I can get) on a night out. range from €3 to €5 a drink which is more than reasonable.
                                                                                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

This is the FIRST trailer for Spider-Man: Homecoming starring Tom Holland, Robert Downey Jr. and more, in theaters July 7th.Jimmy Kimmel's 2 ½ Year Old Daugh...
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                                  Nephew is having a 1th birdthday party. What do you get the man us is ONE.
                                                                                                  ac/dc onesie or something like that from Asha.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                    No nap. Poker and drinkies and #avoiddice
                                                                                                    I shall follow the trail of destruction to find you....

so have lots of whiskey
                                                                                                    so spend lots of money

Ditto except gin and probably not that much anymore as substitute in earlish night. Impossiblr with 2 smalll masses of destruction to face in the am...

Off to Cork shortly for the weekend so this should test the theory.....

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                      I want to get my old man a voucher for a falconry afternoon for Christmas. Ashford Castle do one and it looks good and probably a nice day out. The extended version is 90pp which doesn't seem bad. Anyone ever done similar in Ireland? Anywhere else I should try?
                                                                                                      I enjoyed doing a hawk walk with this guy in Dublin:
                                                                                                      Website of Trevor Roche trading as Dublin Falconry. Education, Conservation and Preservation of Birds of Prey, Luttrellstown Castle Resort, Castleknock, Ireland.

Comment

Paul O'Donovan looks huge at 14/1 in the RTE sportsperson of the year market. It's decided by popular vote and I'm not sure McGregor's fan demographic are too inclined to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                          Paul O'Donovan looks huge at 14/1 in the RTE sportsperson of the year market. It's decided by popular vote and I'm not sure McGregor's fan demographic are too inclined to vote.
                                                                                                          I genuinely have no idea who Paul O'Donovan is but the likes of Eamonn Dunphy taking digs at McGregor might convince some more UFC fans to vote.

Comment

He is one half of the brothers who who won silver in rowing at the Olympics. And he went on to win Gold in the worlds after. McGregor is 1/4. Expected that but didn't think O'Donovan would be so high.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                                Sounds like valooo to me; nice guy v scumbag in a popular vote run by RTE

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                  O'Donovan is sound m8.

Comment

How well do you know them both?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                                      How well do you know them both?
                                                                                                                      About as well as anyone who would be voting in the poll.
                                                                                                                      What do you think I am basing that opinion on except the image they choose to project in the media

Comment

About as well as anyone who would be voting in the poll.
                                                                                                                        What do you think I am basing that opinion on except the image they choose to project in the media
                                                                                                                        Why do you let yourself be a normal brain dead sheep m8

Comment

Why do you let yourself be a normal brain dead sheep m8
                                                                                                                          Whatchya on about m8?

Whether McGregor is genuinely a scummer or its a game he plays for money is irrelevant to whether the 14/1 about O'Donovan is value or not.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X