This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
    This is a public service announcement by CHD for whiskey wankers.

Anyone who enjoys 10-12 year old whiskeys,

Everyone is running out, hence the new Jameson brands etc you see about recently. All these new brands are much younger flavored shite to make up the shortfall that will hit within the next ~3 years. They are being sold at similar prices cause people are stupid and the Asians who are the cause of the shortage are especially stupid.

If you like red breast etc make sure you buy a couple bottles before the price hike kicks in this time next year. I'm possibly way too early and maybe the breweries will flood the market with their wanky craft whiskeys and it won't be too bad but prices will rise for all decent whiskeys.

I quite like the Jameson Caskmates tbh.
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Tiger crushing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          you may remember my impassioned plea for help on a birthday present for the wife. Well its now the day before and gift vouchers are about to be bought, so that clearly didn't work out too well. Although maybe it will. One voucher is to meet a Michelin star chef in the Saturday market in the morning and walk around with him as he explains the ingredients he buys then its back to the restaurant for a class on how to cook that days lunch, followed by lunch. hmm although writing it like that it seems like I've got her an extra job that she needs to do on top of everything else
          You loved her enough to try and make an effort. It will mean a lot to her. It's very sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
            Tiger crushing.
            Just caught his shot on the par 3, great to see.
            airport, lol

Comment

Random question. How do you turn off signatures?
              airport, lol

Comment

Quiz question last night was to name 3 of Trumps children.
                Named all 5.

Winning.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

@peaceandfire I've removed your signature as it was too big. Feel free to have a smaller one or a smaller version of that one if you want, but it was much too big.

Sorry to have to go all sigpo on you.

Comment

Hasn't been a Twinkwatch update in a few weeks.
                    Today in the Circuit Court there was some confusion as the our heroine sought an extension to a stay on repossession proceedings to allow her to continue the sale of the property.
                    The enemy barristers pointed out that it didn't actually appear to be on sale judging by searches in property supplements and online estate agencies - fools for thinking our Twink would be using tawdry sites like daft.ie to sell her home.

Judge accepted Twinks words obviously and adjourned until next year.

Comment

First Friday night in, hmm, I actually can't remember, maybe 20 years that I'm not consuming alcohol.

Kinda scary when you think about it.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        First Friday night in, hmm, I actually can't remember, maybe 20 years that I'm not consuming alcohol.

Kinda scary when you think about it.
                        You ok hun?

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                          You ok hun?
                          Not now that I've just heard a guy was shot dead in Griffeen Park tonight

Really hope parkrun goes ahead.

Comment

Not now that I've just heard a guy was shot dead in Griffeen Park tonight

Really hope parkrun goes ahead.
                            I tried parkrun around Naas racecourse a few months ago, probably an all time fitness/sporting low, embarrassingly slow but a nice morning

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                              I tried parkrun around Naas racecourse a few months ago, probably an all time fitness/sporting low, embarrassingly slow but a nice morning
                              No matter how you get around it, it's by far the best start to a Saturday. I absolutely love it, has literally changed my life.

Comment

Another year, another toy show
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

@Aj, what parkruns are there over your neck of the woods?

Griffeen is cancelled. Have to go to Ballycoolin after it so may aswel run one close by.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Who's the guy who was shot - RTE says it's a big criminal?
                                      Doesn't seem to have had a Paul Williams nickname,waiting for Rounders to give us the lowdown

Comment

@Aj, what parkruns are there over your neck of the woods?

Griffeen is cancelled. Have to go to Ballycoolin after it so may aswel run one close by.
                                        Hartstown Park is the one I do.
                                        Was planning on doing Porterstown Park at some stage this year but plantar fas put a stop to it.

Hartstown is very fast if you were staying off the beer in the hope of a pb. Parking on site in the school.

Both get around 40->60 runners.

Comment

Who's the guy who was shot - RTE says it's a big criminal?
                                          Mark Desmond aka The Guinea Pig according to the Sunday World.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                            Mark Desmond aka The Guinea Pig according to the Sunday World.
                                            http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crim...s-mark-desmond
                                            long time coming that one....

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                              Hartstown Park is the one I do.
                                              Was planning on doing Porterstown Park at some stage this year but plantar fas put a stop to it.

Hartstown is very fast if you were staying off the beer in the hope of a pb. Parking on site in the school.

Both get around 40->60 runners.
                                              Cheers, it's a toss up between Hartstown and Castletown, I'll pick one in the morning.

Comment

If only the gun hadn't jammed in Tallaght that time someone tried to shoot that knacker, my parkrun wouldn't be cancelled tomorrow.

Comment

Rory Mc on the late late toy show....

Comment

Bitta casual racism. Lol

SPOILER

Comment

Could I ask the gin wankers how important is the tonic? Fever tree tonic water ok?

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                          @peaceandfire I've removed your signature as it was too big. Feel free to have a smaller one or a smaller version of that one if you want, but it was much too big.

Sorry to have to go all sigpo on you.
                                                          Oh thank fuck ...thanks...

I didn't realize it was gonna come out so big!

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                            Could I ask the gin wankers how important is the tonic? Fever tree tonic water ok?
                                                            It's great. Club make the worst mixers.
                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 03-12-16, 08:17.

Comment

Meat wankery

Was over there a few weeks back, wish I'd known about this.
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

In Dingle, where's good for lunch?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                  Doyles only open at 5, but if you dont have dinner booked already, the seafood linguini in there is amazeballs.

Till then, drink porter and find some chowder.

Have you done the gin tour ? 2 and 4pm afair.
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Murphy's. Big red pub on the corner across from the marina car park. Get the chowder. I accept your thanks in advance

Comment

Chelsea kept Matic's injury under wraps, mad to think Fabragas is a downgrade but they've been rock solid without him and midfield looks a bit lightweight now.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Oh my head, staff nights out are serious work but no sign of Andyfb. free bar and made it home without insulting anyone I work with or for so success, well bar loosing my wallet and smashing my phone screen.

Comment

Ah spoke to soon, changed my fantasy football lineup, not keen on the changes and dropped aeguero for some reason.

Comment

Comment

Lord of the Flies stuff in King's Hospital
                                                                              Seems ridiculously sensationalised to me*.
                                                                              SPOILER

*hockey-playing Prod, he would say that wouldn't he?
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Finally, a fuckin game I can watch without it being stupid o'clock, midnight saturday... perfect time for a game actually.
                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Me bolloxs that was offside!!!
                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                      Murphy's. Big red pub on the corner across from the marina car park. Get the chowder. I accept your thanks in advance
                                                                                      In Murphy's, Chowder has vanished down my neck, solid work

Comment

well calling it sexual assault seems way off course anyway
                                                                                        ????

Comment

Yae or nae?

Comment

You're welcome actually a bit jealous tbh. Enjoy the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                              Yae or nae?
                                                                                              It's a yae. And if it's ever a nae I would be absolutely shocked. I'm sure Dice could vouch for it also. Maybe Keane/Careca too

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                Ah spoke to soon, changed my fantasy football lineup, not keen on the changes and dropped aeguero for some reason.
                                                                                                Turns out drunk RichieM is a fantasy manager genius! WP m8

Comment

...

Comment

Gogogo Chelsea, may win title even easier than I predicted.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                      Oh my head, staff nights out are serious work but no sign of Andyfb. free bar and made it home without insulting anyone I work with or for so success, well bar loosing my wallet and smashing my phone screen.
                                                                                                      Sorry if I let you down. Was tired and hungover already so stayed at home.
                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

England being schooled at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                          Turns out drunk RichieM is a fantasy manager genius! WP m8
                                                                                                          Yeah bit of a result since I had him as captain before I went out last night

Comment

well maybe not everyone would agree (and not convinced 100% myself either), but it doesn't read like there was a sexual motive - more doing something horrible to force the kid to fight. To say it was sexual seems to tarnish the whole sorry episode with something even more than it already is.
                                                                                                            Don't particularly want to get into it but that was the story from one of the kids who was suspended not some kind of established truth.

Also I dont think sexual motive comes into it. If a guy ripped of a woman's clothes just for the laugh it would still be sexual assault. Maybe not the best analogy. Pretty horrible case and the school handled it appallingly.

Comment

Hey lads, random question:

I need to get an affidavit notarised. It's for submission to a US Court. I see there are various public notaries in the city centre but I can't get very specific details on their websites, and I need to get this boxed off Monday.

Does anyone know anything about this stuff? What type of fee am I looking at? I assume I'll need passport and utility bills to prove I'm me. Would I need anything else to hand?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
                                                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I'veused Becker Tansey in clondalkin a couple of times.
                                                                                                                Can't remember the cost but I think it was in the 100 to 150 range
                                                                                                                Passport was all I needed.

Comment

McGregors coach in town today for a book signing. He's on the way to the shop next door for a free suit lol. Has the belt with him, I'm not a big UFC fan but not every day you get the chance to hold a world title!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                    Hey lads, random question:

I need to get an affidavit notarised. It's for submission to a US Court. I see there are various public notaries in the city centre but I can't get very specific details on their websites, and I need to get this boxed off Monday.

Does anyone know anything about this stuff? What type of fee am I looking at? I assume I'll need passport and utility bills to prove I'm me. Would I need anything else to hand?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
                                                                                                                    You're looking for a Commisioner Of Oaths. http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...for_oaths.html
                                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                      You're looking for a Commisioner Of Oaths. http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...for_oaths.html
                                                                                                                      Be careful AFAIK that's not the same as a notary public and the Americans will often insist on a NP even if it's not necessary.
                                                                                                                      There is a significant difference in price so it's worth being sure what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        I know how dumb it is but the conversation with the physio was along the lines of 'well your going to do it anyway so we might as well wait until after and I'll try to fix you then ' So its less an all clear and more of a

Went out today and did 8k just to loosen up and get a last run in, beautiful day for it. I hope I'll get through Saturday OK (its fine when I'm moving and no problem at all when I'm moving and taking difene) but I expect that I'll be looking at a month or two with very little running and a strict physio program after that. Hes indicated that he'll have me doing shorter more intense runs and joining a gym to build core strength to overcome this ongoing groin problem with the aim of being ready for Triathlons by May and with a long term goal of either a double olympic tri or a marathon towards the end of 17.
                                                                                                                        As it is I spend 20 + minutes rolling and doing various stretches twice a day, its a full time battle to keep the various strains under control.
                                                                                                                        On Thursday morning I was limping around with a new pain in the same general area and the run was 90% off.
                                                                                                                        It was easy to pull out as the three lads I do this run with were out one injured, one sick and the other away.
                                                                                                                        Walked and rolled as much as I could and was kind of resigned to missing it but when i woke up at 6 this morning I felt better than I have for weeks so I drove down and said I'd try it and pull out if it wasn't working out.

Couldn't believe how well it went was smiling the whole way around and finished in 2:03

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X