X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Hungover walk around Howth yesterday was worth it for this view..

SPOILER
      The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        What size tv do you need to benefit from 4k? Our 42inch tv is starting to oppress me with its puniness, and getting an itch to banish it. Normal sized films look grand on it though, so guess you need a better tv to see the effects.
        it's not the size, it's the distance to the TV that counts in relation to the size of the TV( i think Tar had posted a graph once). for a 42 inch TV, if you're sat further than 2 meters away, you won't see the difference between 4k and 1080.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
          Hungover walk around Howth yesterday was worth it for this view..

SPOILER
          You got a facebook or instagram?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
            You got a facebook or instagram?
            sdevine89 on instagram.
            The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Shane Fein quite likely to perform political Hari Kari on TV now. Seems to be determined to make himself unsustainable through a bizzare mix of utter incompetence and an attitude of 'I couldn't give a fuck I'll let whatever shite comes into my mind come out of ny mouth'
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Farting when having a bath never gets old.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                    anybody watched Sour Grapes on Netflix. About a wine scam perpetrated by Rudy Kurniawan - worth a watch. Confidence artist is such a great trade.
                    Watched it last night. Was very good
                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      It's a strange one. Once you go past a week you barely notice it at all. Which is not bad for something that is acutely addictive (for everyone with no exceptions imo, contrary to popular thinking on the matter). My main conclusion is that nights out were far more fun without drinking, but the boredom really kills you if you are staying in on a night like a Saturday. It was those solitary beers deep in your own thoughts that were the missed thing. Awkwardly I was also literally the most productive I've ever been in my entire life off the beer. Pleasant too. So maybe there's a lesson there. Can't think what it is! So yeah might go back off it.
                      Shouldn't have to be all or nothing though . You should be able to have one or two nice beers then stop and still be productive. Obv I only know you from your stories here but it seems you are all duck or no dinner kinda guy. And that is coming from someone who likes his few pints albeit in far less volumes than I used to like

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                        sdevine89 on instagram.
                        Me brother is mad for all this camera stuff. Will use you for windup purposes. Ta.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                          20 seasons in and South Park is still killing it.new season is brilliant,nobody gets the internet like they do.Trolltrace would do legit damage if it was real (well I guess it is kind of real)
                          Had to look back at last years episodes, though at the time I really thought Mr Garrison had no chance

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Brendan Ogle is very much in love with Brendan Ogle.

Comment

Westworld
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                  smoothstreams that jibzzz linked to previously is absolutely top notch and cheap as chips. can't recommend it enough tbh, and it works perfectly on kodi or straight through the browser
                                  Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                  'Sold out' unfortunately
                                  Just try again after a few days, Sharp maybe check to see if you have a link to refer?

Such a fantastic service.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                    Westworld
                                    Which part?

I think episode confirmed a lot of the obvious theory stuff.
                                    SPOILER
                                    Bernard is host-Arnold, this was all but confirmed. The edited perception photo was key.

Dolores was involved in the disaster. Suspected since they made a deal about her being one oldest/original host.

The Dolores' interviews with Bernard we kept seeing where in a "old lab' similar to the one below Ford's house. Which suggested it was a flash back, and probably not Bernard. This was part of the two timelines theory.

But I guess the man in black showing up with Dolores at the end confirms that he isn't William. I think.

Comment

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

If I posted that it would get 12 thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                          Greatest oasis B side.

This version being liked really really could happen.

Comment

Lease your jeans. http://www.mudjeans.eu/product-categ...lease-a-jeans/

What the.
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                              RIP Daddy. Peaceful at the end. Nearly 86 good years, 6 children who were all there and 9 grandchildren.
                                              Really sorry to hear that. You're obviously a close family. Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Same old story.
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Very first line.

A man who claims he has been overcharged repeatedly by Eir over the past 18 months says he’s been stopped from leaving the service.
                                                  Aghhhhhh
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                          Yeah I'm pretty ok with tech stuff for the most part but not really following the acestream XBMC set-up instructions very well there!
                                                          sure hut me up on fb chat or skype and I'll talk you through it
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Trying to get a chance to do it for the past week and keep being foiled - if I get a few minutes with it in the next few days I'll give you a shout.

Other than that it will be after xmas probably as I'm off to Krakow next week and New York the week after

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                              Which part?

I think episode confirmed a lot of the obvious theory stuff.
                                                              SPOILER
                                                              Bernard is host-Arnold, this was all but confirmed. The edited perception photo was key.

Dolores was involved in the disaster. Suspected since they made a deal about her being one oldest/original host.

The Dolores' interviews with Bernard we kept seeing where in a "old lab' similar to the one below Ford's house. Which suggested it was a flash back, and probably not Bernard. This was part of the two timelines theory.

But I guess the man in black showing up with Dolores at the end confirms that he isn't William. I think.

SPOILER

MIB is William I'm near 100% sure of it now, kept the park open as well in order to free delores
                                                              Angela is already fully sentient!! thats a big one.
                                                              The Town Beneath The Sands was the first location 35-ish years back, where all the hosts flipped the fuck out because their bicameral minds made them think they were talking to God. Dolores flipped, killed Arnold, and Teddy shot up the town. They buried the entire thing under sand, rewrote all the hosts into new roles, and started over.
                                                              5-ish years after that, William and Logan came to Westworld, find Dolores, and go on their wacky adventure. The town is buried during this time period and Dolores dies in the river from Logan's knife wound. Logan (who does not have the time-traveling capability required to go back in time to an unburied version of Escalante, The Town Beneath The Sands) takes a bullet and dies, leaving behind the photo of his sister with William, which eventually gets buried with the gun on the Abernathy Ranch alongside Dolores' corpse. The gun and the photo somehow makes it past the cleaner teams and stays buried for 30 more years. William goes home and takes over Delos, buys out a controlling stake in Westworld, saving it from financial ruin.
                                                              30 years into the future, present day, we see Dolores retracing her steps from the past 35 years, all the way back to the newly-excavated and rebuilt town, down to Arnold's basement, among the rotting, disabled hosts. Man in Black is still searching for a way to bring the Dolores he fell in love with back to near-self-awareness, and the management of the park is in disarray. Delos is attempting a coup in the meantime, to wrest the park away from Ford, likely with the intent to use the Hosts to kill and replace important world leaders.
                                                              Now the real noodler will be if this is all part of Ford's new story or simply a by product or Arnold coded sentience.

I'm really enjoying this, trying hard not to spoil it for the missus who was genuinely dumbfounded at the Arnold/Bernard reveal

Wild theory part...
                                                              Elises still alive, Ford just wanted the board to come and Elise raising the alarm would make them wary
                                                              Theresa was a host
                                                              Bernard will return.
                                                              Last edited by DeadParrot; 29-11-16, 12:11.

Comment

SPOILER

MIB is William I'm near 100% sure of it now, kept the park open as well in order to free delores
                                                                Angela is already fully sentient!! thats a big one.
                                                                The Town Beneath The Sands was the first location 35-ish years back, where all the hosts flipped the fuck out because their bicameral minds made them think they were talking to God. Dolores flipped, killed Arnold, and Teddy shot up the town. They buried the entire thing under sand, rewrote all the hosts into new roles, and started over.
                                                                5-ish years after that, William and Logan came to Westworld, find Dolores, and go on their wacky adventure. The town is buried during this time period and Dolores dies in the river from Logan's knife wound. Logan (who does not have the time-traveling capability required to go back in time to an unburied version of Escalante, The Town Beneath The Sands) takes a bullet and dies, leaving behind the photo of his sister with William, which eventually gets buried with the gun on the Abernathy Ranch alongside Dolores' corpse. The gun and the photo somehow makes it past the cleaner teams and stays buried for 30 more years. William goes home and takes over Delos, buys out a controlling stake in Westworld, saving it from financial ruin.
                                                                30 years into the future, present day, we see Dolores retracing her steps from the past 35 years, all the way back to the newly-excavated and rebuilt town, down to Arnold's basement, among the rotting, disabled hosts. Man in Black is still searching for a way to bring the Dolores he fell in love with back to near-self-awareness, and the management of the park is in disarray. Delos is attempting a coup in the meantime, to wrest the park away from Ford, likely with the intent to use the Hosts to kill and replace important world leaders.
                                                                Now the real noodler will be if this is all part of Ford's new story or simply a by product or Arnold coded sentience.

I'm really enjoying this, trying hard not to spoil it for the missus who was genuinely dumbfounded at the Arnold/Bernard reveal

Wild theory part...
                                                                Elises still alive, Ford just wanted the board to come and Elise raising the alarm would make them wary
                                                                Theresa was a host
                                                                Bernard will return.
                                                                SPOILER
                                                                What's the significance of Angela?

As for the Ton beneath the sands saga, that all pretty much matches what I was thinking. Except I thought there was one potential hiccup. Dolores'outfits. Not maybe I'm mistaken, but during the church scene, and her going back to the lab to meet Arnold. She was switching between time lines. Between the outfit she wore when she was with William, and the frock she wore in the past when she met Arnold. When the MIB shows up, she was wearing the outfit from the William scenes. Placing them in the same timeline.

Of course it's plausible that she is still wearing that same outfit 30 years later, and as there are technically three timelines.

I need to rewatch I think. I didn't think she died when he stabbed her, and I didn''t think Logan died. But I missed that the photo Logan had was the one she found. How did she get from the homestead to the church in the present.

edit:
                                                                SPOILER
                                                                Elise being killed by Bernard made no sense to me, wasn't he on the phone to her while he was with Theresa just before she was grabbed?

another edit:
                                                                When he cut Dolores open, she was mechanical not organic inside
                                                                Last edited by Mellor; 29-11-16, 12:58.

Comment

SPOILER

As for the Ton beneath the sands saga, that all pretty much matches what I was thinking. Except I thought there was one potential hiccup. Dolores'outfits. Not maybe I'm mistaken, but during the church scene, and her going back to the lab to meet Arnold. She was switching between time lines. Between the outfit she wore when she was with William, and the frock she wore in the past when she met Arnold. When the MIB shows up, she was wearing the outfit from the William scenes. Placing them in the same timeline.

Of course it's plausible that she is still wearing that same outfit 30 years later, and as there are technically three timelines.

I need to rewatch I think. I didn't think she died when he stabbed her, and I didn''t think Logan died. But I missed that the photo Logan had was the one she found. How did she get from the homestead to the church in the present.

edit:
                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                  Elise being killed by Bernard made no sense to me, wasn't he on the phone to her while he was with Theresa just before she was grabbed?

another edit:
                                                                  When he cut Dolores open, she was mechanical not organic inside
                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                  We saw mechanical delores, all the hosts and herself saw her bleeding, hosts cannot see anything that would make them aware of what they are.

You can fit the premise in nicely with us humans, its kind of a mind fuck when you do !
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                    We saw mechanical delores, all the hosts and herself saw her bleeding, hosts cannot see anything that would make them aware of what they are.

You can fit the premise in nicely with us humans, its kind of a mind fuck when you do !
                                                                    Yeah a mentioned that in an edit above.

SPOILER
                                                                    Hr clothes weren't stained when she got to he church. Which suggets the 3 timelines can still be right.

The photo makes a lot of sense. I just remembered (aka reddit) that the picture make Dolores'original father flip out and quote some lines from an old loop. I'm guessing that he was remembering a time when he seen that photo. Logan will show it to him next week.

Comment

I am really looking forward to watching them all back over the xmas.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                        I am really looking forward to watching them all back over the xmas.
                                                                        Yeah me too.

I just noticed a thread on reddit where somebody suggested Arnolds surname might be "Weber". The thread was posted over a month ago, and kinda dismissed as making up clues to suit theories.

Last night, the surname on his door in the flashback. Weber

SPOILER

Bernard Lowe = Arnold Weber

WP that guy imo. The levels to the show are immense.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                          I didn't think she died when he stabbed her, and I didn''t think Logan died. But I missed that the photo Logan had was the one she found. How did she get from the homestead to the church in the present.

another edit:
                                                                          When he cut Dolores open, she was mechanical not organic inside[/spoiler]
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          The fact that another host is running around aware of her existence, triggering memories in Teddy, knows about them being reborn and part of a group that seemingly robs spare parts is huge
                                                                          SPOILER

I thought the mechanical inside showed Dolores 1.1 like fords chidhood self earlier.
                                                                          And yeah she died in the riverbed, she flashed back on that last week

Comment

@all brain boxes

If there is negative marking for wrong answers in an aptitude test (multiple choice) are you better off leaving the answer blank or guessing if you don't know?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                              @all brain boxes

If there is negative marking for wrong answers in an aptitude test (multiple choice) are you better off leaving the answer blank or guessing if you don't know?
                                                                              Depends on how many choices per question, the degree of the negative marking, and then whether you can rule out one or more wrong answer in the choices. Simple enough calculations with all that info at hand.
                                                                              Last edited by The Situation; 29-11-16, 14:17.
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

*Can't be arsed with any of that

and now for something completely different:

What happens when you squeeze musical duo Foster & Allen into the boot of a car, and try to get them through an ICA Checkpoint unscathed? Kevin McGahern has ...
                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 29-11-16, 15:20.

Comment

Girlfriends mother is in her final days it seems. Has brain cancer and on Sunday lost her mobility. Girlfriend thinks she has days.

Its a weird situation - seeing the suffering of her family and how difficult it is for all of them but also seeing how they just deal with it. She said something pretty poignant the other day and it made me think think hard, she was mentioning that she feels bad sometimes for thinking it but "more time is not what I need. More time doesn't benefit me or my mom". I'd never really thought about it that way, you hear people say all the time "if only Id had more time with them".
                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

anybody watched Sour Grapes on Netflix. About a wine scam perpetrated by Rudy Kurniawan - worth a watch. Confidence artist is such a great trade.
                                                                                        Saw it earlier this week. You have to laugh at the number of fools buying wine at huge prices, scouring their cellars for cheap plonk in a nice bottle now after that.
                                                                                        sigpic
                                                                                        Longshotvalue.com

Comment

I got it working at last using this:

Great quality compared to the garbage streams I have been watching lately but still a bit choppy through Castaway. Guess it's time to try and get that ethernet adapter working.

Any better addons to get the streams from?

Comment

Any food joints close to grafton st that would be worth checking out? On a sat eve early before xmas so bare that in mind. Don't want to blow the bankroll either. No preference cuisine. Tried new dang hai but booked out

I'm looking at McDonald's amnt I? ?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                              Any food joints close to grafton st that would be worth checking out? On a sat eve early before xmas so bare that in mind. Don't want to blow the bankroll either. No preference cuisine. Tried new dang hai but booked out

I'm looking at McDonald's amnt I? ?
                                                                                              Pacino's (Italian) at bottom of Grafton Street is tasty and good value.

Counter is an excellent burger joint

Comment

anybody else anticipating a post maritial bliss shaving update from RDIII?
                                                                                                The wife is claiming to have bought me a very fancy Christmas present.

No idea what that's about.
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Be nice be Number 1 in the country again , wouldnt mind the Argos voucher!

Fecking thing started in middle of month though and doesnt end till 15th Dec, Kinda getting tired of competing , Tax man is gonna fucking love me in Dec!

SPOILER

SPOILER
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                    Be nice be Number 1 in the country again , wouldnt mind the Argos voucher!

Fecking thing started in middle of month though and doesnt end till 15th Dec, Kinda getting tired of competing , Tax man is gonna fucking love me in Dec!

SPOILER

SPOILER
                                                                                                    Congrats - you obviously have a flair for sales.

Do you not think they are taking the piss though by essentially paying bonuses in voucher form?
                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Congratulations to the fucking morons who will subsidise my water. WP another win for the Moronocracy

Will be leaving the tap running tonight to celebrate

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Do you not think they are taking the piss though by essentially paying bonuses in voucher form?
                                                                                                        God no, think its great. Its different and nice to see prizes, the wages are good whats the point in lobbing out cash, I like the idea of pressys and vouchers etc. just my way of thinking dunno. Its only an oul incentive like .
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Did we find out if Sam took down the Fitz tourney?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

A fascinating article about the quest for a sub 2 hour marathon.

Link is to a mobile site, reads beautifully on the phone actually.
                                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Aren't vouchers more tax efficient? A money bonus would be taxed at 50%+.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                        Aren't vouchers more tax efficient? A money bonus would be taxed at 50%+.
                                                                                                                        Think that's limited to €500 a year.
                                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

At last. A Michael Dowling who knows finance.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X