This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mocata View Post
    Can float the idea with GF to trial it out in rathfarnham shopping centre cafe if you like?
    Surely they are supplied by Wilsons downstairs.

I see them as the best Butchers in the Rathfarnham, Templeogue, Orwell, Rathgar area.

If there is a better one out there. Shout.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Mad to see this. Not a comment about the sentiment, but more that he's telling other countries who should be sent to represent them.

the benefit of twitter compared to traditional media does shine through with the top response to his post

SPOILER
      He reeks of autism. Such great autism. So much autism. Important autism.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
        First day in work in the guts of a month. Suitably depressed.
        Surely the sight of me cheered you up?
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

If that is the case then it means you are allergic to alcohol (alcohol is very high in histamines in general), so best of luck with the rest of your long long miserably healthy life without drinking.
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Almost proud of my restraint in not tweeting

And tomorrow, for balance, Marty will interview Scumbag Connolly @dermoc123

In response to

which was about

Still though
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

LOL Biff would have him jailed for mailing them via gmail

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

And tomorrow, for balance, Marty will interview Scumbag Connolly @dermoc123

In response to

which was about

Still though
                I am not sure what you are getting at? Obviously I have no idea who this person is that was attacked...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  Surely the sight of me cheered you up?
                  You know shit is real when I see yourself walking head down escaping the rat pack at 9.04 on a gloomy Tuesday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                    I am not sure what you are getting at? Obviously I have no idea who this person is that was attacked...
                    He is a Dublin Hurler who was the victim of a random unprovoked attack... a relatively mild version of the kind of thing Dubs hero Scumbag Connolly carries out for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                      Doesn't seem to be fighting anymore. Seems to have had all the natural instinct trained out of him. Shame, he should be all over Karjakin.
                      Next few games should be a lot more exciting now.

Comment

Should just grow a pair and tweet that instead of giving it the big man act here when there's a 0% chance he will ever see it. You'd probably shit yourself if he was walking towards you anyway

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                          Should just grow a pair and tweet that instead of giving it the big man act here when there's a 0% chance he will ever see it. You'd probably shit yourself if he was walking towards you anyway
                          True, I would just have to roll with the punches and try to play dead anyhow I didn't have enough nasty in me to publish it and what happened to O'Dwyer was nasty enough to let him tell his story.

Comment

SP, you're a top troll m8 wp

Comment

why are there 1000 plus guests looking at someones profile?

Edit - ah i see SPs posts above must have attracted the GAA crowd

Comment

So "lock her up" has been dropped,that was quick

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

check your PMs!

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                      the fact that the head of federal law enforcement twice said there was no case to answer was a bit of a clue

hopefully Trump sacks the fucker anyway

Comment

Skype has silently become a better and rather nicely designed WhatsApp. What's up with all these Microsoft wins recently?
                                        Once they stopped trying to monopolise everything, it turned out there was a great software company right there all along.
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                          Once they stopped trying to monopolise everything, it turned out there was a great software company right there all along.
                                          They're starting to think about 'the community' again. Like they used to.

Warning: This is a real video. Of a real event. That happened in real life.

Uno de los peces gordos de Microsoft, en lo que parece una presentación de esta compañía, no para de hablar de los "developers". VISITA:www.MRWUEB.es.kzwww.M...

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                            They're starting to think about 'the community' again. Like they used to.

Warning: This is a real video. Of a real event. That happened in real life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhh_GeBPOhs
                                            He features on an endless amount of NBA vines, quite the character

Comment

Scotland eh

SPOILER

Comment

Comment

He is a Dublin Hurler who was the victim of a random unprovoked attack... a relatively mild version of the kind of thing Dubs hero Scumbag Connolly carries out for fun.
                                                  For such a seemingly intelligent person you do spout some sh*t about Dublin Footballers....

what do you think of the unprovoked attack on Johnny Cooper on a night out..... as sure he's just a Dublin scumbag footballer aswell I suppose...

Just cannot understand the hatred Strewelpeter... baffles me to be honest...
                                                  Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Comment

9,300 extra people hired in construction in last year. Someone somewhere is building stuff.
                                                      Not sure how long its been since youve been in Dublin but its a giant building site at the moment.

Comment

Comment

Was there in June but was drunk pretty much the entire time and not really noticing the surroundings. Ah so it is taking off so, that's cool
                                                          Town center is a cluster fuck with Luas works they are so slow to finish it.
                                                          Business around Westmoreland and now Dawson street must be terribly affected.

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                            Just cannot understand the hatred Strewelpeter... baffles me to be honest...

QED

Comment

Don't think that anger management course was any good.

Comment

I stopped and watched the lads working at the top of O'Connell street a few weeks ago, there were more than 20 lads , the vast majority bystanders looking on as their colleagues were using hammers and measuring tapes in what struck me as a very 20th century approach to laying tram lines.
                                                                Maybe it has to be done that way but it does take a very long time.

Comment

I stopped and watched the lads working at the top of O'Connell street a few weeks ago, there were more than 20 lads , the vast majority bystanders looking on as their colleagues were using hammers and measuring tapes in what struck me as a very 20th century approach to laying tram lines.
                                                                  Think a lot of the work was underground. Filling in basements and redoing sewerage and pipes and whatnot. The demolition of Bolands Mills was quite violent and scary in real time, very sanitised in any vids I could find

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Bit surprised that UK home office can just say that they aren't allowing a PSG player into the country for the CL game v Arsenal.
                                                                    He's no saint obviously but hardly the only footballer with a criminal conviction.
                                                                    I'd have thought there was some unwritten freedom of movement guarantee in the background for footballers.

Thin end of the wedge surely with the likes of Messi maybe getting a conviction for tax fraud soon, they going to ban him for a big knockout game? Perhaps they can ban some players for questionable political statements? Obviously they'd be up in arms if some other countries treated English players this way.

Increasingly looking like I'll be supporting Axis in the next World War.

Comment

Shergar program on tv3
                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                        Bit surprised that UK home office can just say that they aren't allowing a PSG player into the country for the CL game v Arsenal.
                                                                        He's no saint obviously but hardly the only footballer with a criminal conviction.
                                                                        I'd have thought there was some unwritten freedom of movement guarantee in the background for footballers.

Thin end of the wedge surely with the likes of Messi maybe getting a conviction for tax fraud soon, they going to ban him for a big knockout game? Perhaps they can ban some players for questionable political statements? Obviously they'd be up in arms if some other countries treated English players this way.

Increasingly looking like I'll be supporting Axis in the next World War.
                                                                        Are you saying he should be treated differently because he's a soccer player?

Comment

Worst thing about Irelands capital is that its full of Dubs.

Comment

Full of Foreigners too. Ugh.

Comment

There does be black lads there too but they are sound just make me a little scared like.

Comment

Then sometimes you meet a culchie who needs money to get home, always beside a train station and they look awful like they've been on drugs but are obviously just not used to being stuck in a bad place like Dublin. Will always give them real irish people money to get home.

Comment

Anyway, here is Gary.

Comment

But, but, he made an unreserved apology. That's no ordinary apology, takes a lot of character.

Comment

Dubs.

Doesn't get much worse.

Comment

...

Comment

Trump Trump Trump!

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                            He can't go after her while Obama is still there, that would give him an excuse to pardon her. No way the Donald drops it once he is in. Drain the swamp and all that .

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

I was out on the north quays yesterday with a colleague.

Pointed out a load of barriers and general building junk on the opposite quay. Supposed to become a cycle lane. Then pointed at an enormous office building, near-completed, looming behind it.

The Council have been working on the former for at least two years.

The latter wasn't there two months ago.

Comment

Is there any scheme like the British ISA in Ireland e.g. that allows you to put in a certain amount each year for investing and then keep any capital gains on stocks in a protected-from-tax envelope?
                                                                                                    Unfortunately not. A crying shame that we went down the SSIA route instead of creating a long term savings vehicle like ISAs.
                                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                      Unfortunately not. A crying shame that we went down the SSIA route instead of creating a long term savings vehicle like ISAs.
                                                                                                      And now the even longer-term and creatively named LISAs

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                          And now the even longer-term and creatively named LISAs
                                                                                                          The fact they allow withdrawals for house deposits and other major life events seems to allow them get around many peoples objections to pensions. I think they'll be massively popular. In Ireland we instead have 41% tax on growth which is levied every 8 years and fuck you if the asset falls in value in year 9 as there is no rebate.
                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Feckers. Seems like such an obvious thing to create if you are worried that people aren't putting enough aside.
                                                                                                            They aren't worried. They pay lip service to the problem but they want people spending and paying VAT. The current body politic does not care about the long term problems they are helping to store up.
                                                                                                            Last edited by V for Vendetta; 23-11-16, 09:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                              I admire a man who can change his mind, I'd prefer if he has a mind worth changing.

Good article here about one of the major post election discussions and a very much better one than that awful HBR one it refers to whose tone was 'My Grandad was a nice blue collar bigot and therefore everyone who voted Trump was like him

Anyway they were talking about you in the Salon article

Trump regularly struggles to form a coherent sentence, but many Americans believe him a genius, because he is a billionaire.

Comment

In Ireland we instead have 41% tax on growth which is levied every 8 years and fuck you if the asset falls in value in year 9 as there is no rebate.
                                                                                                                What tax are you referring to here

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                  I was out on the north quays yesterday with a colleague.

Pointed out a load of barriers and general building junk on the opposite quay. Supposed to become a cycle lane. Then pointed at an enormous office building, near-completed, looming behind it.

The Council have been working on the former for at least two years.

The latter wasn't there two months ago.
                                                                                                                  The work on the Clontarf road must be going on 3 years. Plenty of guys looking in holes there too with people looking at the people looking in holes
                                                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

ugh the word 'flip-flops' needs to be banned from all sensible political conversations. We're essentially sending a message to all politicians: if you ever once express a thought, then you must never change it no matter what new information arrives.
                                                                                                                    Whilst I fully agree with the sentiment, and the oft-misattributed-to-Keynes quotation : "When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind. What Do You Do, Sir?", there is a world of difference in someone changing a position naively and someone updating their position based upon new facts.

Pejoratively they're all called 'flip flops' of course.

We'd all be happy for Trump to change his mind and agree with the scientific consensus on Climate Change for example, but we would prefer if the 'change' wasn't founded on something as weak as a Simpson's episode. Big swingy changes based on sandy foundations are not great news from a policy director!

Comment

They aren't worried. They pay lip service to the problem but they want people spending and paying VAT. The current body politic does not care about the long term problems they are helping to store up.
                                                                                                                      *1Billion

I've mentioned it a few times, but the infrastructure deficit is alarming and only getting worse. We savaged, and I mean absolutely savaged infrastructure and capital spending in the wake of the GFC and we are nowhere near restoring that.

Infrastructure is the unsexiest thing ever though, not going to win you as many votes as a €5 week social welfare increase and restoration of the Christmas Bonus, nor taking 70 thousand out of the tax net etc.

These short-term-focused decisions are going to cost us bigly over the next decades, as once again we inflate a state within crumbling walls instead of taking a breather and building some more resources for it to grow into safely.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X