Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They invented deep frying, good enough for me.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Is the pudding a business?
        And if so...."do a job you love and you will never work a day in your life."
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Lol...

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

7.3 quake off the coast of Japan, tsunami warnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              Gary Mackay
              Who?

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
              They invented deep frying, good enough for me.
              Kills people.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                Who?
                Scotland-Bulgaria 198 European Qualifier. Gary Mackay scored to put Ireland through to the 1988 Euro Championship Finals

Comment

Saw the RHCP in Belfast in August. Confirmed shoite. JamieCarra can testify to such.

Comment

Oh Magnus what have you done
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      Stupid to be even trying to follow what lads at least 17 levels beyond what I can understand are doing!

Comment

Why does the gender neutral sign look like a guy with a giant erection in his trousers.

Comment

World Cup 2022 starts six years today.

FIFA Must Die

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                            I remember exactly where I was at that moment.
                            Had scotland backed at 6/1 for the win on the advice of the only guy I ever knew who really understood soccer.

Comment

Had scotland backed at 6/1 for the win on the advice of the only guy I ever knew who really understood soccer.
                              A 29 year old aftertime winner

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 21-11-16, 23:31.

Comment

Fucking black Friday is an even greater symbol than biff trump of the moronocracy taking over.
                                  Feckin cretins

Comment

If he was the only guy you ever knew who understood soccer how do you know if he understood soccer or not?

Comment

There was a good story about all the pullouts from rangers being because they didn't want to help Ireland thru, so thought that Scotland putting out a weakened team would hurt us

Due to amount of lads getting their chance in the team and trying their hearts out it had the opposite effect
                                      Last edited by Guest; 21-11-16, 23:37.

Comment

Yis are all awful old.

Tis mad that we're currently witnessing Irelands best campaign and there's sweet fuck all talk about it.

Smoking inside a pub m8s. I don't play by the fucking rules.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                          Scottish food is awful, stop pretending it isn't and you'll be much happier. White pudding made of fruit? Madness.
                                          Ah come on, take off those green tinted spec Dom! The Black pudding in Ireland is a poor comparison to the Scottish version.
                                          There is a white pudding like the Irish one but it is not served in cafe's etc for breakfast the way it is in Ireland. We do a clootie dumpling type thing and its a sweet white pudding. It is lovely. I have never seen nor tasted the other white pudding as it was not something I seen in the shops.

Scotland has never done anything decent.
                                          James Watt
                                          Alexander Graham Bell
                                          Alexander Fleming
                                          James Dewar
                                          Charles MacIntosh
                                          Treatment of Malaria - Sir Patrick Manson (1844 - 1922)
                                          It was a Scot who realized that malaria was transmitted by mosquitoes leading to treatment options.... and
                                          A Scottish inventor pioneered the use of anesthesia for women in childbirth
                                          The Threshing Machine - Andrew Meikle
                                          The Reaping Machine - Rev. Patrick BellRadar -
                                          Sir Robert Alexander Watson-Watt (Radar)
                                          It was a Scot who realized that malaria was transmitted by mosquitoes leading to treatment options....
                                          and a Scottish inventor pioneered the use of anesthesia for women in childbirth

Without us Scots M8, we would be fukked!

Comment

Doesn't seem to be fighting anymore. Seems to have had all the natural instinct trained out of him. Shame, he should be all over Karjakin.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                              Ah come on, take off those green tinted spec Dom! The Black pudding in Ireland is a poor comparison to the Scottish version.
                                              There is a white pudding like the Irish one but it is not served in cafe's etc for breakfast the way it is in Ireland. We do a clootie dumpling type thing and its a sweet white pudding. It is lovely. I have never seen nor tasted the other white pudding as it was not something I seen in the shops.

James Watt
                                              Alexander Graham Bell
                                              Alexander Fleming
                                              James Dewar
                                              Charles MacIntosh
                                              It was a Scot who realized that malaria was transmitted by mosquitoes leading to treatment options.... and
                                              It was a Scot who realized that malaria was transmitted by mosquitoes leading to treatment options....
                                              and a Scottish inventor pioneered the use of anesthesia for women in childbirth

Without us Scots M8, we would be fukked!
                                              Those things had already been done.

Comment

You left out James Clerk Maxwell. He was a clever lad.

Comment

Mrs Doubtfire.
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                    Those things had already been done.
                                                    This is the guy I was talking about. He may not have invented the drug but I wrote he pioneered its use in women... I am only as good as my google skills

Sir James Young Simpson, 1st Baronet (7 June 1811 – 6 May 1870) was a Scottish obstetrician and a significant figure in the history of medicine. Simpson was first to demonstrate the anaesthetic properties of chloroform on humans and helped to popularise the drug for use in medicine.[1]

Comment

The young fella wants to sell his 11 month old XBox One 500g with one controller. He has Fifa 16 (worthless I suppose) and Black OPS 3 and GTA V. What would be a decent price to get for this? Have the box still.

Been looking on sites but they range so much.

Cheers

Comment

This is the guy I was talking about. He may not have invented the drug but I wrote he pioneered its use in women... I am only as good as my google skills

Sir James Young Simpson, 1st Baronet (7 June 1811 – 6 May 1870) was a Scottish obstetrician and a significant figure in the history of medicine. Simpson was first to demonstrate the anaesthetic properties of chloroform on humans and helped to popularise the drug for use in medicine.[1]
                                                        I meant they had already been done in your post.

Comment

Did I mention that I was born in Scotland
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

You'll have to do better than that to convince anyone

James Watt
                                                            Alexander Graham Bell
                                                            Alexander Fleming
                                                            James Dewar
                                                            Charles MacIntosh
                                                            :
                                                            Started strong there, Watt, Bell, Fleming.
                                                            But Macintosh. The Architect? A bit more random.
                                                            The Romans probably did the rest first. Greats lads the Romans.
                                                            Except radar, I think that was the Nazis. Not so great them fellas.

Comment

The world is gone fucking mad. Gender neutral toilet signs. Surely if you are gender neutral you just pick any toilet.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                    Wait until you find out what Mince Pies are made from! It could ruin your Christmas.
                                                                    For years I did think it was actually meat in them which seemed inappropriate to the times they were being eaten but I just shrugged it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      Some of those Trump Day 1 plans seem kinda smart
                                                                      Which ones?
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                        You left out James Clerk Maxwell. He was a clever lad.
                                                                        I was just about to post that any Scottish list without Maxwell at the top is bullshit.
                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

First day in work in the guts of a month. Suitably depressed.

Comment

My phone is showing me the weather in Budapest instead of Dublin, gave me an alarming feeling I had missed my flight...which is not even today.

Who?

Kills people.
                                                                            Scottish people.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                              First day in work in the guts of a month. Suitably depressed.
                                                                              Where's the TR

You attended some monumental events in the end.

Comment

Can float the idea with GF to trial it out in rathfarnham shopping centre cafe if you like?
                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                    You'll have to do better than that to convince anyone

Started strong there, Watt, Bell, Fleming.
                                                                                    But Macintosh. The Architect? A bit more random.
                                                                                    The Romans probably did the rest first. Greats lads the Romans.
                                                                                    Except radar, I think that was the Nazis. Not so great them fellas.
                                                                                    The rain MAC! he didn't just do architect

I just used a Scottish invention site, since we were told we were a useless bunch basically. I think the world has done all right with stuff like telephone etc oh and colour TV! John Logie Baird!

Now lets stop the Scottish bashing

Comment

I just used a Scottish invention site, since we were told we were a useless bunch basically. I think the world has done all right with stuff like telephone etc oh and colour TV! John Logie Baird!

Now lets stop the Scottish bashing
                                                                                      Not to denigrate in any way his many achievements but John Logie Baird didn't invent TV.
                                                                                      What he did was demo a version of what other people were doing better and his 'invention' of mechanical TV was not successful.

Comment

Not to denigrate in any way his many achievements but John Logie Baird didn't invent TV.
                                                                                        What he did was demo a version of what other people were doing better and his 'invention' of mechanical TV was not successful.
                                                                                        I said colour, was that not what he invented?

John Logie Baird FRSE (/ˈloʊɡi bɛrd/;[1] 14 August 1888 – 14 June 1946) was a Scottish engineer, innovator, one of the inventors of the mechanical television, demonstrating the first working television system on 26 January 1926, and inventor of both the first publicly demonstrated colour television system, and the first purely electronic colour television picture tube.[2][3][4][5]

Comment

I said colour, was that not what he invented?

John Logie Baird FRSE (/ˈloʊɡi bɛrd/;[1] 14 August 1888 – 14 June 1946) was a Scottish engineer, innovator, one of the inventors of the mechanical television, demonstrating the first working television system on 26 January 1926, and inventor of both the first publicly demonstrated colour television system, and the first purely electronic colour television picture tube.[2][3][4][5]
                                                                                          Yea but he died from eating fried mars bars and you won't find that on Wikipedia
                                                                                          because its not true

Comment

Don't forget Braveheart
                                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                              Can float the idea with GF to trial it out in rathfarnham shopping centre cafe if you like?
                                                                                              Better not be Partners

Comment

GAB, Any sausages or rashers going?

Comment

I think I'm talking about a different guy, also scottish.
                                                                                                  Probably too recent to have invented raincoats.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                    I think I'm talking about a different guy, also scottish.
                                                                                                    Probably too recent to have invented raincoats.
                                                                                                    One guy was Charles Rennie McIntosh
                                                                                                    The other is Charles Macintosh. I was confused too.

Comment

MrsFlushdraw I'm sure Tony will be along to mention Sir Alex Ferguson as another great scot.

Comment

The only great Scot was in Back to the Future.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                          Where's the TR

You attended some monumental events in the end.
                                                                                                          Unbelievable. I'll try get around to doing one at some stage!

Comment

Anyone here suffer with their sinus ?

Last few months i have been getting a burning smell in my nose, its like smoke, not too dissimilar to BBQ, but a lot more unpleasant/rancid/chemical. I also get very stuffed up a few hours after a few pints.

Google is telling me i am either having the longest stroke in history, its a brain tumour, could be epilepsy also and a million to one chance its a sinus infection.

Ill go to the doc tomorrow for some antibiotics if she agrees with Dr.google.
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

This whole Scotland is actually great agenda isn't going too well is it

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                Anyone here suffer with their sinus ?

Last few months i have been getting a burning smell in my nose, its like smoke, not too dissimilar to BBQ, but a lot more unpleasant/rancid/chemical. I also get very stuffed up a few hours after a few pints.

Google is telling me i am either having the longest stroke in history, its a brain tumour, could be epilepsy also and a million to one chance its a sinus infection.

Ill go to the doc tomorrow for some antibiotics if she agrees with Dr.google.
                                                                                                                Hi, I'm the resident sufferer of sinus cancer. It's your sinuses. Good luck getting it fixed, GPs haven't a clue.

You could give a sinus Rinse and Sudafed decongestant a go for a few days.

Do you feel like snot never makes it to your nose and drips down your throat?

Comment

Hi, I'm the resident sufferer of sinus cancer. It's your sinuses. Good luck getting it fixed, GPs haven't a clue.

You could give a sinus Rinse and Sudafed decongestant a go for a few days.

Do you feel like snot never makes it to your nose and drips down your throat?
                                                                                                                  At the moment no pressure, no congestion, i do have some nasal drip at night time...makes me sneeze right before i fall asleep.

Do you get the burning smell ? Could be polyps also.
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                        At the moment no pressure, no congestion, i do have some nasal drip at night time...makes me sneeze right before i fall asleep.

Do you get the burning smell ? Could be polyps also.
                                                                                                                        Make sure to keep going on about the drip and you will get a nasal spray that will help lots.

I have pressure, congestion and weird smells since I was about 13. Mine smells kinda like burning with infection thrown in at times. I got a scan that said I had polyps so was on the road to being fixed then my next scan revealed nothing so they gave up on me. Since then my eye has moved a cm or two in my head, is slightly swollen and has a loud squelch in it all on the side that had polyps.

It's gas craic and banter going back and forth with them, will I suffer again, will they fix me, nobody knows!

Pack of cunts.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X