• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
        Did you discuss protestantism with them or leave them with the impression you could be one of 'the others' where they go and tell a tale of the catholic southerner they drank with?
        LOL. To lads like that, Southern Protestants are about as believable as unicorns.

Then I got woken up this morning by the sound of a flute band. Fucking knuckle-dragging fucks. And the game was beyond shite.

On the plus side, the market this morning was class. Solid Belfast Bap washed down with oysters. Breakfast of kings.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          Is 99%invisible worth a listen too? Topics seem excellent, but have been let down a few times with excellent ideas turned into shite listening.
          I've started listening to this (adding it to my other regulars, The Moth, This American Life, Freakonomics, Planet Money and a smattering of WTF! with Marc Maron and Desert Island Discs) - am really enjoying it, despite being very dubious about my interest in design. Turns out design is mainly just about ordinary stuff, rather than high-faluting architecture or haute couture or whatever

Comment

Who was it that threw up their UFC bets in here last time? Almost all won iirc?

Comment

Jibzzz I think

Comment

Any UFC heads not think Stephens is a bit big against Edgar? Even backing by KO or Points seems a decent little bet to me.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                  Any UFC heads not think Stephens is a bit big against Edgar? Even backing by KO or Points seems a decent little bet to me.
                  Not sure I count as a full on UFC head but was surprised to see the price was nearly 3/1

Comment

I've gone with the following:
                    Over 2.5 in Weidman fight @ evens
                    Over 2.5 in Woodley fight @ 4/6
                    Joanna on points @ 10/11
                    McGregor 2nd round KO/TKO 13/2

I'm a casual viewer though so they're moreso interest bets

Comment

Afternoon's buzz over before it starts

Congry was my horse in the channel 4 pick 6

Gambol if is

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        Experimenting the last week or two with new breathing techniques while running, using the diaphragm.

Made some difference at parkrun this morning, knocked 38 seconds off the previous. Delighted.
                        Amazing how many people don't know how to breathe properly. I have a distinct memory of a nurse trying to coach me after an asthma attack when I was about 6 or 7. After a few minutes she realised she didn't have to teach me anything. I must have figured it out on my own.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

En route to Dublin so stopped off to frighten the shite outta this wan. And she still tried to sell me Sky

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                            certainly has a chance. i reckon frankie will win on points.

if stevens wins it will more likely be stoppage and not points so maybe going rd ko small bets is better than taking the 3/1. let the first round ride. And you have r2 17/1 and r3 25/1

Comment

Hopefully O'Neill has the balls to make the right call and start Horgan in one of the wide forward positions this evening.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                LOL. To lads like that, Southern Protestants are about as believable as unicorns.

Then I got woken up this morning by the sound of a flute band. Fucking knuckle-dragging fucks. And the game was beyond shite.

On the plus side, the market this morning was class. Solid Belfast Bap washed down with oysters. Breakfast of kings.
                                20,000 posts. Not much of an effort really for such a notable landmark. 6

Comment

Horatio was in, dobby, and Lazare on phone ffs ye bombarded me today.
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                    Hopefully O'Neill has the balls to make the right call and start Horgan in one of the wide forward positions this evening.
                                    Really?

Stick him on with 30 mins left!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                      Amazing how many people don't know how to breathe properly. I have a distinct memory of a nurse trying to coach me after an asthma attack when I was about 6 or 7. After a few minutes she realised she didn't have to teach me anything. I must have figured it out on my own.
                                      How do I find out if I'm breathing properly?

Comment

The protesters look as though they are protesting Trump, but they are not. They are locked in an imaginary world and battling their own hallucinations of the future. Here’s the setup that triggered them.

1. They believe they are smart and well-informed.

2. Their good judgement told them Trump is OBVIOUSLY the next Hitler, or something similarly bad.

3. Half of the voters of the United States – including a lot of smart people – voted Trump into office anyway.

Those “facts” can’t be reconciled in the minds of the anti-Trumpers. Mentally, something has to give. That’s where cognitive dissonance comes in.

There are two ways for an anti-Trumper to interpret that reality. One option is to accept that if half the public doesn’t see Trump as a dangerous monster, perhaps he isn’t. But that would conflict with a person’s self-image as being smart and well-informed in the first place. When you violate a person’s self-image, it triggers cognitive dissonance to explain-away the discrepancy.

So how do you explain-away Trump’s election if you think you are smart and you think you are well-informed and you think Trump is OBVIOUSLY a monster?

You solve for that incongruity by hallucinating – literally – that Trump supporters KNOW Trump is a monster and they PREFER the monster. In this hallucination, the KKK is not a nutty fringe group but rather a symbol of how all Trump supporters must feel. (They don’t. Not even close.)

In a rational world it would be obvious that Trump supporters include lots of brilliant and well-informed people. That fact – as obvious as it would seem – is invisible to the folks who can’t even imagine a world in which their powers of perception could be so wrong. To reconcile their world, they have to imagine all Trump supporters as defective in some moral or cognitive way, or both.

As I often tell you, we all live in our own movies inside our heads. Humans did not evolve with the capability to understand their reality because it was not important to survival. Any illusion that keeps us alive long enough to procreate is good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                          Really?

Stick him on with 30 mins left!
                                          Absolutely start him. What are our options? He's been killing it in Europe for Dundalk, is lethal on counter attacks which is exactly what we need giving we'll have a massive possession deficit in this game.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Alvarez tagged mcg with this one,he didn't like that

Comment

Anyone able to tell me what time the fight will be on at? I presume it won't be a 5am job been in NY

Comment

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                                Anyone able to tell me what time the fight will be on at? I presume it won't be a 5am job been in NY
                                                They're keeping things on West coast schedule, so I'm afraid it will!

Comment

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                                  yeah pretty much same time as always. depending on earlier fights etc

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                    Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                    Ah right, I'll set the alarm so.

Comment

Must have just missed you Dobby, could have brought you down for some home made soup and sambos before you headed up to the big smoke.

I called over to congratulate Michelle and she tried to sell me movies!

Forgot to ask u Satnav can I pay for a years subscription for sky sports for someone else as a crimbo pressie?

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                        Must have just missed you Dobby, could have brought you down for some home made soup and sambos before you headed up to the big smoke.

Forgot to ask u Satnav can I pay for a years subscription for sky sports for someone else as a crimbo pressie?
                                                        Yep. You had pretty much just left when I arrived. Your poor young lad with no Xmas movies now lol.

Got to say hi to Lazare on the phone

Comment

thinking of setting up a stall selling kodi boxes with IPTV subs beside satnav for the lols
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

English rugby looks in rude health, and three years out from a world cup an average age of 26 is what you'd want to see. All well and good us beating New Zealand but starting seven lads 30 or over doesn't have much of a future thinking feel to it.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

English rugby looks in rude health, and three years out from a world cup an average age of 26 is what you'd want to see. All well and good us beating New Zealand but starting seven lads 30 or over doesn't have much of a future thinking feel to it.
                                                                Ah it's the scale of the player base. We have to husband our playing resources a lot more. England have a huge base of talented players so they can afford to discard players early. Schmidt will bring the younger guys along as best he can in a continuing competitive team.

RWC 2019 is an awful long way off and with form and injuries we need to define our game plan and grow the top level of players.

The bottom line is SA are poor. It was a shame we were missing a few on tour there and hadn't embedded fully with the attacking play that has begun to emerge.
                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post

All you can do is call sky with acc details and credit the acc. Sports at min is half price 20 quid. For 6 months.

But that credit isn't obv for sports. If customer didn't pay a bill it would come off that if you get me.
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                    All you can do is call sky with acc details and credit the acc. Sports at min is half price 20 quid. For 6 months.

But that credit isn't obv for sports. If customer didn't pay a bill it would come off that if you get me.
                                                                    You do do vouchers do you?

Comment

Hendrick 1st goal @22/1

Comment

Satnav, will you kick in a backup remote for lazare?

didn't read that
                                                                        Why break the habit of an election cycle.
                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

election cycle is over
                                                                            I stopped reading after "half of voters voted for Trump".

Yet another Denny post with an obvious lie.
                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                              Alvarez tagged mcg with this one,he didn't like that

https://youtu.be/MqmaR9sSzqw
                                                                              The suggestion he has 2 women pregnant at the same time seemed to stun him also during the presser.
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Pretty good cosidering it's a xmas ad

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Excellently taken goal, great stuff. Great pass by Houlohan.

Comment

Ireland well on course now for the customary 1-1 draw in these type of games.

Comment

Wes

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                        Hendrick 1st goal @22/1
                                                                                        looks injured tbh
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                          The bottom line is SA are poor. It was a shame we were missing a few on tour there and hadn't embedded fully with the attacking play that has begun to emerge.
                                                                                          SA rugby is destroying itself from within. Politics run riot with player quotas etc.

Fair few of my SA amigos no longer support the national side. There may be an element of racism to this but being unable to always pick the best players due to quotas is bonkers and self-defeating.

Comment

We never win these type of games away. Hold!!!
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Would be 1st time in 29 years to beat one of the top seeds in qual group away. Yuuuuge

Comment

We rarely win them at home either.

Comment

1 down.

2 to go.

EIRE, mothafuckas.

Comment

Johann Strauss, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Adolf Hitler, can you hear me Adolf Hitler etc etc.
                                                                                                    I'll let someone else do the rest, tired.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                      Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                      Ah bollix, thought it was gonna be around 2am.

Already put a yank time shift in this week, meh, I'll record it and watch it when I get up.
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                        currently consuming a bottle of this based on enthusiastic recommendation and a thanks from Senor Duke. I am finding it underwhelming but like any good martyr I am sticking resolutely to the cause.
                                                                                                        Ah that's a pity, thought you'd like it.

I've a robust Stellenbosch to go with tonight's beast.

Comment

more details required plz
                                                                                                          Ah it's just one I picked up in Aldi, I was very pleasantly surprised with a Valpolicella I got from there last week, so hoping for similar with this.

Comment

...

Comment

Roodeberg?
                                                                                                              No, it's called Original Series, a Cab Sauv/Merlot.

Just dipped into it there and it's pretty damn good.

Edit, for a €9 bottle of wine
                                                                                                              Last edited by Lazare; 12-11-16, 21:32.

Comment

oh what does that mean for Ireland - they have a decent chance of getting through to Russia?
                                                                                                                So far so good, long way to go though. Only the top team qualifies automatically, 2nd goes into a playoff.

Comment

That Serbia equaliser against Wales is a great goal for us though.

Comment

Was a rumour trump was going to be at UFC205,was mentioned on news there,apparently the Secret Service have advised him against it.
                                                                                                                    Would have been worth it for the Irish times meltdown -trump and "human cockfighting "with McGregor - the outrage pieces write themselves!

Comment

Victorian Dad is quite the inspiration:

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X