Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy enough with the 2 UFC205 fights cancelled so far,won't be on till as a ridiculous hour anymore,fuck cowboy too ,the cheesy murican cunt

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
      Enjoy the game, backk Baba's -7. Watch out for the dissidents.

Well done Michelle youre some competitor. Why didnt Byrne get a prize or is that a typo?
      Not sure. Think had to be 4 of each to unlock 40 quid voucher.
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        Happy enough with the 2 UFC205 fights cancelled so far,won't be on till as a ridiculous hour anymore,fuck cowboy too ,the cheesy murican cunt
        Getting worse for those of us that were planning on getting up early for McG!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          A spot in the Crown with some of the most Protestant people ever. Ivor and Cecil, I salute you.
          Not content with this, we meet the womenfolk:

Olive and Gladys.

Different universe
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            Not content with this, we meet the womenfolk:

Olive and Gladys.

Different universe
            Did you discuss protestantism with them or leave them with the impression you could be one of 'the others' where they go and tell a tale of the catholic southerner they drank with?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              Getting worse for those of us that were planning on getting up early for McG!
              yeah the baby alarm clock is no longer a valid plan.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Haha, irrelevant if you agree or not with his point, Alvarez got a good shot in there,
                and you can see it landed on mcgregor

Comment

Classy stuff from the Maori's there.

Comment

And another joins the cast of 2016

RIP Robert Vaughn

Comment

Anyone know what happens if Trump is found dead in his bed before his inauguration? Does Pence just take his place?
                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                        Anyone know what happens if Trump is found dead in his bed before his inauguration? Does Pence just take his place?
                        Yes. And if Pence dies, the Speaker of the House takes it.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

The World Celebrates

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Depends if it happens before or after the electoral college meets in December at which stage they'll officially pick Trump - if he dies after that then it goes Pence, Speaker etc.
                              But its more interesting if it happens before the meeting - as they can then select anyone. (They can do so anyway obviously as 'faithless electors' but they generally feel obliged to vote for the candidate who won their state). They'd be under no obligation at all to select Pence.

Comment

About to see Arrival. Hopefully it'll be good but fully expecting to be angry again leaving the cinema.

Comment

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Comment

Munster you beautiful bastards!!
                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        He's one of those 'oh that guy' guys. You look him up not knowing who he is. See his pic and go 'oh that...'
                                        You didn't know who he was? you didn't see the Man from U.N.C.L.E?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                          You didn't know who he was? you didn't see the Man from U.N.C.L.E?
                                          That's mostly where I remember him from, though I did see a few episodes of 'Hustle' more recently. Himself and Cohen were both in their 80's. I really feel any good times after about 70 is just gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                            No, it can include alleged crimes that have been committed but not yet convicted.
                                            e.g., Ford pardoning Nixon; Carter amnestying draft dodgers; Clinton and his rich buddy who had fled to Europe to avoid charges.
                                            Yeah, Rudolph Giuliani was talking about it on one of the news channels this morning and mentioned a couple of cases including Nixon. He seems to think that there is a good chance that the Benghazi tribunal and the email server stuff could blow wide open again and he also said that he expects the FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation to bring charges. The only way for her to avoid all that is by receiving a pre-emptive pardon. And all the guys involved in the email server hearings who pleaded the 5th amendment are also favourite's for pardons.

Comment

Comment

So.. wedding day tomorrow.

Perfect time to be re-writing speech and vows
                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Hate to say you told me so but yeah Michelle, eir is getting sent the fook back.

Installed on Wed, didn't work until tonight. Paying for fibre, getting 11.5mb, although they're sending an engineer out about that.

Absolute clincher though was when I went to record Jools and a message popped up saying 'Recording not allowed for this channel', lol, GTFO.

Anyone any feedback on Virgin TV?
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

At least I got the fight free tomorrow night I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post

You're getting married tomorrow? Congratulations. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                        You're getting married tomorrow? Congratulations. I hope you have a wonderful day.
                                                        Indeed. And thank you.
                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Are ye watching Late Late, Enniscrone where I was in the summer, prob the nicest part of the country I have been in , in Ireland . I hope he does well as I heard while up there tourism was bad. great idea. Saw the plane while up there.
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                            Hate to say you told me so but yeah Michelle, eir is getting sent the fook back.

Installed on Wed, didn't work until tonight. Paying for fibre, getting 11.5mb, although they're sending an engineer out about that.

Absolute clincher though was when I went to record Jools and a message popped up saying 'Recording not allowed for this channel', lol, GTFO.

Anyone any feedback on Virgin TV?
                                                            yesterday was my best day in months on sales all eir customers, I told you ( did I make a bet by any chance )

its absolute fucking dirt and I am now telling you it wont stop here, wait till the billing issue arrives!

any chance you could pop down to portlaoise to me at any stage and ill get you a good deal on new Q box install now 20 bucks, but broadband will be an NLP (new line provide) so you will be without BB for about 2 to 4 weeks as eir will block line . , UPC have increased prices again.

send me a pm on FB for more info or buzz me tomorrow
                                                            Last edited by SatNav; 11-11-16, 23:13.
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                              just so you know, my little one loves this
                                                              Ah man, that's great to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post

wow congrats! hope the weather is nice and the drink flows, all downhill from there btw
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                  yesterday was my best day in months on sales all eir customers, I told you ( did I make a bet by any chance )

its absolute fucking dirt and I am now telling you it wont stop here, wait till the billing issue arrives!

any chance you could pop down to portlaoise to me at any stage and ill get you a good deal on new Q box install now 20 bucks, but broadband will be an NLP (new line provide) so you will be without BB for about 2 to 4 weeks as eir will block line . , UPC have increased prices again.

Hey SatNav maybe you can help. I got Sky installed this week - kept Eir broadband as you get Free BT Sport and Eir Sport with it even if you have sky. It works fine on the main Sky Q Box but doesnt work on the Sky Q Mini anyway of making it work?

Comment

Thanks a mill, but I'm definitely keeping Virgin for broadband, they've no competition imo.

I'm interested in their TV too if reviews are good enough. Tbh Sky is excellent, I love the interface but I can't justify paying c€500 more per year than Virgin would cost me.

If I decide to hang onto it I'll come down and grab an oul Q box off ye

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                      Hey SatNav maybe you can help. I got Sky installed this week - kept Eir broadband as you get Free BT Sport and Eir Sport with it even if you have sky. It works fine on the main Sky Q Box but doesnt work on the Sky Q Mini anyway of making it work?
                                                                      If you have fibre ( good speeds ) mini box should work perfect, installer could have made a fuck up as they make sure its all running right before they leave .

mini box ( wireless) works much better with sky BB as it turns mini box into a booster box , but deffo 100% should be fine on any Broadband over 8 mgs ish

you are under warranty so give them a buzz ( Q is a lifetime warrenty ) engineer prob made a fuck up as they use like an ipad thingy to programe
                                                                      Last edited by SatNav; 11-11-16, 23:37.
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Thanks a mill, but I'm definitely keeping Virgin for broadband, they've no competition imo.

I'm interested in their TV too if reviews are good enough. Tbh Sky is excellent, I love the interface but I can't justify paying c€500 more per year than Virgin would cost me.

If I decide to hang onto it I'll come down and grab an oul Q box off ye
                                                                        I have a mountain of offers depending on needs , what are u needing?

you are missing out on so much without sky, Atlantic , kids app on ipad/tablet for hungover sundays in bed

catch up TV , Box sets . nothing beats it seriously. over all I think I will beat virgin on price over the contract

* will throw in key ring, trolley token and pen
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                            Yeah, Rudolph Giuliani was talking about it on one of the news channels this morning and mentioned a couple of cases including Nixon. He seems to think that there is a good chance that the Benghazi tribunal and the email server stuff could blow wide open again and he also said that he expects the FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation to bring charges. The only way for her to avoid all that is by receiving a pre-emptive pardon. And all the guys involved in the email server hearings who pleaded the 5th amendment are also favourite's for pardons.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                              BT Sport and those won't work on the mini box, only on the main Q box. Won't work on tablets/phones either.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                BT Sport and those won't work on the mini box, only on the main Q box. Won't work on tablets/phones either.
                                                                                dont know a whole pile on BT as they have nothing to do with us, but as far as I know your recordings on main box carry through to mini box.
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

I have a mountain of offers depending on needs , what are u needing?

you are missing out on so much without sky, Atlantic , kids app on ipad/tablet for hungover sundays in bed

catch up TV , Box sets . nothing beats it seriously. over all I think I will beat virgin on price over the contract

* will throw in key ring, trolley token and pen

See, I don't use any of those features, I just watch and record and even at that not much. Virgin is €35 pm, Sky is €60.

If you can get me a deal where I pay €45 a month* and get a new remote I'll get you a pen, a trolley token and a large cappuccino.

* HD package and multi room. No sports or movies.

Comment

One of my biggest IYI flaws is that when I stop doing something I assume everyone else has stopped doing it too. Just can't fathom the idea why people still read newspapers, watch telly, or read paper books. And yet there's a world full of ye guys.

Two quick thoughts:

1. TV is a terrible thing if you have kids. Just get Netflix for much cheaper and don't bombard a little kid with ads that they confuse with reality

2. Why would you pay for someone to show you something at a time that they decide, and not a time you decide? Everything is downloadable, and yet you are paying to be inconvenienced. Watching TV used to be a shared cultural event and that made it okay to wait for a show. That just isn't the case anymore
                                                                                    Remote CONTROL , pause FF RW, record , ease of access , easy set up , not everybody knows how to DL ( feedback) not everyone had BB to even DL , let alone use netflix, Sky have over 250 channels for 25 quid a month with all of the above features with no dropping signal.

I can go on and on , Sky is the nuts and the best out there and has a budget to suit everyones needs
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

See, I don't use any of those features, I just watch and record and even at that not much. Virgin is €35 pm, Sky is €60.

If you can get me a deal where I pay €45 a month* and get a new remote I'll get you a pen, a trolley token and a large cappuccino.

Variety bundle every channel ( Atlantic exclusive to sky) bar sports and movies ( few free movie channels , and euro sport and at the races , HD and multi room @ 50 quid dear for WHOLE contract ! new Q box new fancy remote!

you can record 3 programs while watching 4th at same time on a 1 TB box

and! as in previous posts , you will thank me later , trust me
                                                                                      Last edited by SatNav; 12-11-16, 00:12.
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                        Lol, yeah I know but I still feel he could be right. I guess we will find out in the next couple of months.

Comment

dont know a whole pile on BT as they have nothing to do with us, but as far as I know your recordings on main box carry through to mini box.
                                                                                          It's something to do with the fact that those channels are tied to the viewing card, and the card is only actually in the main box (or whatever the viewing card equivalent is now) so isn't available on other devices. Not sure about recordings though.

Edit: Just checked, recordings not available either.
                                                                                          Last edited by 6starpool; 12-11-16, 00:20.

Comment

It's something to do with the fact that those channels are tied to the viewing card, and the card is only actually in the main box (or whatever the viewing card equivalent is now) so isn't available on other devices. Not sure about recordings though.
                                                                                            ah yeah two different viewing card numbers , when you ring BT you give viewing card number, just watch or record on main box?
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Variety bundle every channel ( Atlantic exclusive to sky) bar sports and movies ( few free movie channels , and euro sport and at the races , HD and multi room @ 50 quid dear for WHOLE contract ! new Q box new fancy remote!

Can you send me a link to that? Does sound good tbh.

I'll obv come to you for it if I do decide to go for it.

Comment

ah yeah two different viewing card numbers , when you ring BT you give viewing card number, just watch or record on main box?
                                                                                                Well obviously that is the only way, but from a customer point of view it is still a terrible experience when subscribing to something, regardless of whose fault it is.

Comment

Can you send me a link to that? Does sound good tbh.

I'll obv come to you for it if I do decide to go for it.
                                                                                                  you dont need link dear , you need Michelle laois shopping centre, and my trust, bring visa debit with 20 e install fee on it and yourself and we go for coffee! working tomorrow 9/6 off sun/mon
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Well obviously that is the only way, but from a customer point of view it is still a terrible experience when subscribing to something, regardless of whose fault it is.
                                                                                                    its teething problems , BT is a stand alone company tbf . im sure there will be a work a round
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

you dont need link dear , you need Michelle laois shopping centre, and my trust, bring visa debit with 20 e install fee on it and yourself and we go for coffee! working tomorrow 9/6 off sun/mon
                                                                                                      lol, no wonder you're top of the list.

Was gonna say lemme think about it but you've sold.

If I make it there tomorrow it will be late, if not I'll get down next weekend.

Comment

lol, no wonder you're top of the list.

Was gonna say lemme think about it but you've sold.

If I make it there tomorrow it will be late, if not I'll get down next weekend.
                                                                                                        I'll send my no on fb. Any chance you would take sports and movies. That incentive is running again
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Just caught up on the last few hours posts.

Satnav that was fucking impressive. No wonder you're killing the sales. Never off the clock. Fair play. The best thing was Lazare had no interest and now he's on the way to Laois to sign up. vwp

Comment

One of my biggest IYI flaws is that when I stop doing something I assume everyone else has stopped doing it too. Just can't fathom the idea why people still read newspapers, watch telly, or read paper books. And yet there's a world full of ye guys.
                                                                                                            I know im an old fogey but i still dont get the tv/films thing. Even before kids arrived i never got the chance. I've never seen any of the "in" progames like Sopranos etc. Im lucky to seeca match or whatever. Films on the tv are as current as i am in that sphere (maybe 2 trips to cinema a year)

Where do ye all get the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                              I know im an old fogey but i still dont get the tv/films thing. Even before kids arrived i never got the chance. I've never seen any of the "in" progames like Sopranos etc. Im lucky to seeca match or whatever. Films on the tv are as current as i am in that sphere (maybe 2 trips to cinema a year)

Where do ye all get the time?
                                                                                                              Most people stopped playing poker years ago.

Comment

Two quick thoughts:

1. TV is a terrible thing if you have kids. Just get Netflix for much cheaper and don't bombard a little kid with ads that they confuse with reality

2. Why would you pay for someone to show you something at a time that they decide, and not a time you decide? Everything is downloadable, and yet you are paying to be inconvenienced. Watching TV used to be a shared cultural event and that made it okay to wait for a show. That just isn't the case anymore
                                                                                                                My kids don't watch TV at all, all netflix and streaming sites. I don't watch it either. It really is just used for sports these days.

Well done Michelle, impressive work!

@Laz - wait till the price goes up make sure its not just for 6 months

Never trust a rep

Only messing Michelle!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                  My kids don't watch TV at all, all netflix and streaming sites. I don't watch it either. It really is just used for sports these days.

Well done Michelle, impressive work!

@Laz - wait till the price goes up make sure its not just for 6 months

Never trust a rep

Only messing Michelle!
                                                                                                                  Price quoted is for whole contract.
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Price quoted is for whole contract.
                                                                                                                    Notice my white writing lol

Comment

...

Comment

Experimenting the last week or two with new breathing techniques while running, using the diaphragm.

Made some difference at parkrun this morning, knocked 38 seconds off the previous. Delighted.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X