• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      lets not even get started on who you thought came from nigeria

the main kudos is for knowing there's a place called Hispaniola Island. I'd say just you and Denis O'Brien are the only two Irish people to know that such a place exists.
      Jasas whisht will ya!

Don't go reckin everything for him at once,

AJ still thinks lesbians come from Lesbos

Comment

People who don't like a steak like others like a steak are now up there with those pretentious wine cunts. Overtaken craft beer wankers.

Comment

Would suit him imo

Hotspur, extolled the virtues of mbsr to one of my college peers and an insight of yours.
          Time we sort out a referral link :P
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
            Here are my thoughts of today on this.

Brexit and Trump were both brought about through the votes of non-university educated people. We have got to the stage sociologically where rationality has become our religion, and bigotry and intolerance of unintelligent people has gotten out of control, safely directing our out-group contempt which can no longer safely be directed to races, genders, ethnic groups, sexual minorities, religions.

We are witnessing a revolution of the less privileged "unintelligent". Our Democratic system has always been stacked in favour of certain types of people, at least at the level of the executive, distinguished mainly by the colour of their tie or political lapel. The ordinary unintelligensia representatives being relegated to the margins of the legislature or local politics.

I am going to suggest that Trump is as much a victory for the discriminated against lower intelligent person who possibly takes crap from a boss in lower paid job and is derided by intelligent sections of society and the media as Obama was for black people.

He is "one of us". Not in socioeconomic terms obviously. And he even went to an Ivy League college and says all the time that he's very intelligent, but that too doesn't matter. He says dumb things and is loud and proud about it. He is boorish, unsophisticated, and just a million miles away from his opponents in the Republican nominee race and from Hillary. He is the Martin Luther King of the ordinary, unintelligent, unsophisticated American whose views are laughed at and dismissed because of the "citation needed" note that has been assigned to their whole world views.

It, and Brexit, and Healy-Raes are an undercover social "rights" revolution. There are no "dumb pride" marches, no-one speaking out explicitly to the issue - I can't even think of an "ism" that describes our discriminatory attitude towards less intelligent people. And so it will emerge as proxy expressions of protest, taking everyone by surprise as the "rational" decisions are voted against by a silent population who feel devalued.

It's perhaps appropriate that it's the star of "The Apprentice" who is the figurehead, as I suspect the diet of innumerable TV competitive shows is having the effect of stoking the embers of enfranchisement.

I think we will experience more of this in the coming times, and we could possibly begin to line our pockets with predictions grounded in this (really feel for Denny for not sticking). I have said here a number of times over the past couple of years that our worship of rationality and intelligence has gone too far, and I foresee more problems. I have been as guilty as anyone of the prejudice "ism" of intelligence in the past, but not any longer. I think it is prejudice, I think it's wrong, and I think it has consequences, some of which we are beginning to see.

This is true democracy in action, because there are very large amounts of less educated and less intelligent people.

Here is a prescient article from a couple of months ago in The Atlantic which may have pointed to yesterday's result:
            http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...people/485618/

I haven't read this yet, but when I do, I will either agree with the bits I understand & play along with the rest, or call hotspur a cunt and not be quite sure why!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
              http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057476338/1

With the power of hindsight, there's some good lol replies here now. Hope the lad actually had this bet on
              He said a few posts down that he didn't have the money to place the bet

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                He said a few posts down that he didn't have the money to place the bet
                Main card predictions m8

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                  Main card predictions m8
                  Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington
                  Tate by submission

Kelvin Gastelum vs. Donald Cerrone
                  Gastelum by decision (possibly split)

Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero
                  Weidman by decision

Joanna Jędrzejczyk (c) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
                  Joanna by 5 round beat down

Tyron Woodley (c) vs. Stephen Thompson
                  Wonderboy by TKO

Eddie Alvarez (c) vs. Conor McGregor
                  McGregor by TKO in round 2

Also have a bet on Conor by Guillotine, long shot but a big payday.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

So long Len.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Sad news to wake up to. RIP Leonard.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Surely with all that have gone in 2016 the Queen will pop her cloggs?

Really has been some year for deaths.

Comment

Comment

Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

So come, my friends, be not afraid
                                      We are so lightly here
                                      It is in love that we are made
                                      In love we disappear
                                      Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
                                      Are posted on the door
                                      There's no one who has told us yet
                                      What boogie street is for

Painter: David Martiashvili Leonard Cohen ~ Boogie StreetLyricsO Crown of Light, O Darkened One,I never thought we’d meet.You kiss my lips, and then it’s do...

Comment

Comment

Was reading a small bit more on Taleb's website. That IYI piece is a draft chapter from a forthcoming book and there's a few other chapters on his website.

E.g. this: http://www.fooledbyrandomness.com/equality.pdf

Now for my silly question: what program would he have used to make that article above look so smartly designed? Obv Taleb is not a Word man, heaven forbid. Would that be a LaTeX template perhaps? Or is there maybe a different software for processing documents for book publishing.
                                          latex yeah. Use Overleaf - https://www.overleaf.com/ for any publishing requirements and document types.

Live Preview really very useful

Comment

BOOM! Girl Power 1/115

SPOILER
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                BOOM! Girl Power 1/115

SPOILER
                                                They need to look at their payout structures.

Comment

BOOM! Girl Power 1/115

SPOILER
                                                  Congrats Michelle. I know you've been chasing the top spot.
                                                  What does that earn you?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                    Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                    Congrats Michelle. I know you've been chasing the top spot.
                                                    What does that earn you?
                                                    Was only an incentive for one for all vouchers. My commission is fairly big for those, on top of vouchers and basic. I didn't care about the vouchers, I just wanted to see my name at top lol
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Any betting on presidential pardons before Obama's tenure ends?

Hillary's gotta be favourite to get one, especially after Trump's threats during the campaign and the ongoing investigation into the Clinton Foundation.
                                                      Probably Abedin, Podesta, and the guys who deleted the email's from her private server etc.

Comment

I just wanted to see my name at top lol
                                                        Tbh, that's without a doubt the reason you are actually at the top.
                                                        Well done

Comment

Yeah I only use Overleaf now - its perfect! (especially as everything I do is a collaboration). Actually they now have a git add-in for offline working, which was the only thing missing from it.

Was more wondering about the template he would have used. Is that just the standard book template or something fancier, would you know?
                                                          no clue what template he's using specifically.

I just generally 'search and steal' if I'm required to do stuff in Latex directly

The best source of free quality LaTeX Templates for a wide variety of academic, commercial and individual uses.

An online LaTeX editor that’s easy to use. No installation, real-time collaboration, version control, hundreds of LaTeX templates, and more.

An online LaTeX editor that’s easy to use. No installation, real-time collaboration, version control, hundreds of LaTeX templates, and more.

FWIW, RStudio's ability to publish to PDF/HTML with latex markdown and results is a complete game changer in Math publishing imo.
                                                          Turn your analyses into high quality documents, reports, presentations and dashboards with R Markdown. Use a productive notebook interface to weave together narrative text and code to produce elegantly formatted output. Use multiple languages including R, Python, and SQL. R Markdown supports a reproducible workflow for dozens of static and dynamic output formats including HTML, PDF, MS Word, Beamer, HTML5 slides, Tufte-style handouts, books, dashboards, shiny applications, scientific articles, websites, and more.

Jupyter / Beaker also options that allow direct publishing from actual workspaces too
                                                          Last edited by Emmet; 11-11-16, 10:37.

Comment

BOOM! Girl Power 1/115

SPOILER
                                                            Well done Michelle, you'd talk the hind legs off a donkey.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post

Hillary's gotta be favourite to get one, especially after Trump's threats during the campaign and the ongoing investigation into the Clinton Foundation.
                                                              Probably Abedin, Podesta, and the guys who deleted the email's from her private server etc.
                                                              Wouldn't they have to actually be convicted of something in order to be pardoned.
                                                              A pre-preemptive pardon would cause a shit storm.

Comment

I'd sack someone over that spelling going out to everyone

Comment

would love if he pardoned snowden but its never gonna happen
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Well done Michelle, you'd talk the hind legs off a donkey.
                                                                    She certainly would.

Comment

Need to get Tony on the job!

@ Michelle, knew you would do it

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        Myself and Iago were discussing a prop bet when I was in Malta, if Trump won we'd switch and I'd retire, and Iago would go back to work!
                                                                        & thank everything that we had moved onto other subjects before any more whiskey was consumed
                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Am oddly enjoying the 11-11 date in homepage

Vienna now today, still no tickets. Fuckers.
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

You can only be pardoned of something you were convicted of.
                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Maybe if this Trump University case proceeds, President Trump can pardon himself?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                You can only be pardoned of something you were convicted of.
                                                                                No, it can include alleged crimes that have been committed but not yet convicted.
                                                                                e.g., Ford pardoning Nixon; Carter amnestying draft dodgers; Clinton and his rich buddy who had fled to Europe to avoid charges.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                  No, it can include alleged crimes that have been committed but not yet convicted.
                                                                                  e.g., Ford pardoning Nixon; Carter amnestying draft dodgers; Clinton and his rich buddy who had fled to Europe to avoid charges.
                                                                                  You're right but that seems fucking bizarre!

So Obama could in theory say 'I give Johnny Fivefingers and all his henchmen pardons in perpetuity'?

Summoning Kayroo.

Comment

Interesting. This sounds like the original Get Out of Jail Free card!

After Ford left the White House in 1977, he privately justified his pardon of Nixon by carrying in his wallet a portion of the text of Burdick v. United States, a 1915 U.S. Supreme Court decision which suggested that a pardon carried an imputation of guilt and that acceptance carried a imputation of confession.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                      Am oddly enjoying the 11-11 date in homepage

Vienna now today, still no tickets. Fuckers.
                                                                                      Riggs posted a link to tickets for €60 yesterday.

Comment

Maybe if this Trump University case proceeds, President Trump can pardon himself?
                                                                                        He gives the best pardons.
                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                          Riggs posted a link to tickets for €60 yesterday.
                                                                                          Yeah I had looked at viagogo but going with a friend and there's only 1 ticket in Ireland section going on there.

Will probably just buy ticket from touts when I get there most likely
                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Is that not a civil case?

Comment

2016 being a rather devastating year for 80-year olds
                                                                                              I actually forgot about some of the rest that bit the dust in 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                I wrote a song for my little one back in October, back when I hadn't a clue wtf was going on, or how to deal with this new magical situation I was in.
                                                                                                She was balling crying one evening and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with her, trying everything to calm her but failing.
                                                                                                She was so upset, yet I was bursting with happiness.
                                                                                                I was singing to her, I always do, random stuff, but I came out with what sounded like a good lyric so I built a bit of a song around it. Just got around to recording it the other day. Lemme know what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/lazare76/pink-teddy-bear-babygro
                                                                                                just so you know, my little one loves this
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Off on the train to Ravenhill for some barbarous viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                    just so you know, my little one loves this
                                                                                                    Just played to two wailing babies, worked a treat. Wife started crying too. She better not be up the duff again.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                      Is that not a civil case?
                                                                                                      I think it's the child rape that is a civil case.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                        I think it's the child rape that is a civil case.
                                                                                                        At least the child he raped wasn't his daughter.... yet

Comment

Got 2 tickets in Ireland section, WHOOP!

Had to cycle from phibs to blackrock and back in 1:30, a bit fucked.

Pizza in oven, shower now, then pizza, then cycle to airport, flight to munich, 40 minute layover to different flight company, boom vienna! Even getting picked up at the airport.

Tomorrow gonna be class with
                                                                                                          Ireland Canada
                                                                                                          Ireland Austria
                                                                                                          Mcgregor

anything else?
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...

Comment

A banner equally suitable for whichever candidate won

Comment

...

Comment

Enjoy the game, backk Baba's -7. Watch out for the dissidents.

BOOM! Girl Power 1/115

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  Well done Michelle youre some competitor. Why didnt Byrne get a prize or is that a typo?

Comment

...

Comment

wasn't hilary born into a decidedly lower middle class family? although maybe the price of silver was low at the time. silver is a fairly cheapass metal at the best of times.
                                                                                                                      I didn't realise that, I thought she was a blue blood through and through. She probably should have played her humble beginnings up during the election in that case....

Comment

A spot in the Crown with some of the most Protestant people ever. Ivor and Cecil, I salute you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                          Just played to two wailing babies, worked a treat. Wife started crying too. She better not be up the duff again.
                                                                                                                          Have bad news Dice, listened to the song and not a tear was shed, you have two options :-

A) She is up the duff
                                                                                                                          B) She is due on the blob

May the odds ever be in your favour

@Laz, great song. Well done

Posted this earlier but I don't know what happened to it!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X