This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    A lot of the things they sell for €1.50 seem poor value for €1.50. There's been a few studies showing that they are more expensive for products than the equivalent in supermarkets. Also those were UK comparisons, in Ireland they convert at £1 to €1.50, so there's an added 40% tax on top for shopping on Henry Street compared to UK.
    No harm in shopping around and being aware of competing prices obviously, but honestly Dealz is generally fantastic imo. Albeit I'd have no doubt that you could find dozens of items there that are more expensive than supermarkets if you were doing a study funded by the supermarket lobby.

For anyone interested they've even started into the e-cig game, with clearomizers and 10ml bottles of liquid all at their €1.50 price.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
      I'm still looking for Ireland Austria tickets by the way, so if anyone knows of 2/3 going that would be class.
      Any joy with radiohead?
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
        Any joy with radiohead?
        Got tickets to show in Sweden, wanted Oslo as my sister lives there but they sold out in 2 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
          Some punter with BetBright did a £5.10 24 fold at the weekend - largest price 4/11, smallest 1/7, and it clicked at total odds of 103/1. He then added in Liverpool to win and Both Teams To Score at 9/5 as his risk Free Acca+1 selection which also won and boosted his winnings. Some picking to be fair and I am still scratching my head on it.
          103/1 seems short for 24 selections.

You dont have much betting on mma/ufc, no interest on it no one to price it?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Restaurant recommendation for this Saturday in Dublin please. Nowhere that requires me to have booked it a month ago obviously. Ty.
              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

nobody messes with big food!

Does it not piss you off wandering around their stores knowing that the average UK punter is getting the same stuff for 30%+ cheaper?
                If that was the case everyone would be disgusted going out for a few drinks and absolutely loose their mind if they just wanted to stay in there house for the night.

30% tax on everything to not have to live in Leicester, Wolverhampton, Cardiff or wherever the average UK punter is imagined to live is fine by me, especially since their salaries are lower.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                  Restaurant recommendation for this Saturday in Dublin please. Nowhere that requires me to have booked it a month ago obviously. Ty.
                  Taste at Rustic.
                  Have the Nabemono.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The Girl and the Goose in Ballsbridge is nice and handy if you are going to the match.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                      The Girl and the Goose in Ballsbridge is nice and handy if you are going to the match.
                      I'm not. I'm only going to the NZ game in the AIs. Probably avoid Ballsbridge as a result to be honest.
                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        Taste at Rustic.
                        Have the Nabemono.
                        The service was very slow and a bit up it's own arse the previous two times I went there (2+ years ago). The food was however very good. Has the service improved Tony?

Comment

Nasty. Several people have reported that their accounts show transactions made overseas, such as in Spain and Brazil.

The banking arm of retailer Tesco was scrambling today to deal with an online attack over the weekend on 40,000 customers' accounts, 20,000 of which had money removed.

The hack is the first on a British bank known to have resulted in customers losing money.
                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The service was very slow and a bit up it's own arse the previous two times I went there (2+ years ago). The food was however very good. Has the service improved Tony?
                            I've been a few times and the service was noticeably good, I'd rarely notice unless I have something to complain about. Mind you I was in early when it wasn't very busy the last two times. Food is consistently very good.

Comment

Always felt there was a potential market in pricing up Heineken/Pro12 rugby matches under the bonus points system, which is something I don't think anyone does. So you could back a match to finish 4-0, 4-1, 5-0 etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                Always felt there was a potential market in pricing up Heineken/Pro12 rugby matches under the bonus points system, which is something I don't think anyone does. So you could back a match to finish 4-0, 4-1, 5-0 etc.
                                I really like that idea and now that you have pointed it out am surprised it isn't happening

Comment

We give you the opportunity to prove yourself and let your career take off. It’s down to you how high you go!
                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

take the prices I've outlined, consider that more are likely towards the low of of that range, mess about with the product function in excel = not hard to get to 103/1.

We do price some UFC but as its a manual market we probably don't price enough. I will raise it now though as you are making a very good point.
                                    Fair play. One thing i would say is that if your pricing them be consistent about pricing them and i say this about all niche sports. Its ok for a 205 NYC card with McGregor, everyone prices them but a lesser card a week earlier or later not being priced is disappointing. There is nothing more infuriating than a sport of choice being only occasionally priced up. All too often when the ground is frozen all of a sudden betting comes available on basketball, handball etc because the traders have nothing else to do but focus on the main sports but why not all the time. People are more likely to deposit if their go to sports is consistently priced.

Comment

In a gin bar. No gunpowder. So disappointed. Had a monkey 47 martini. Pretty good. Expensive shit!

Comment

In my opinion general punters dont want or understand abstract bets(and bonus point system is abstract) they want straight in your face understandable bets.

Comment

take the prices I've outlined, consider that more are likely towards the low of of that range, mess about with the product function in excel = not hard to get to 103/1.

We do price some UFC but as its a manual market we probably don't price enough. I will raise it now though as you are making a very good point.
                                          While you're taking on board points - no better odds in horse racing multiples? I did a double recently and hadn't checked, clicked with one drifter. Would certainly make me go elsewhere for racing bets.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                            In my opinion general punters dont want or understand abstract bets(and bonus point system is abstract) they want straight in your face understandable bets.
                                            I'd agree with that in general but if something is a big price, fully understanding a market isn't essential.
                                            I do think that's a good market though but as previously mentioned getting people to be consistent repricng things can be difficult.
                                            The most surprising markets in terms of popularity I seen was the WWE.
                                            It's got an unbelievable following and great for customer acquisitions. The guy who does the UFC is also WWE, very passionate about both.

Comment

Speaking of dinner, booked Brookwood for the "annual count the number of wedded bliss years" on Friday. Anyone been?
                                              Last edited by Dice75; 07-11-16, 17:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                While you're taking on board points - no better odds in horse racing multiples? I did a double recently and hadn't checked, clicked with one drifter. Would certainly make me go elsewhere for racing bets.
                                                Is that not standard?

Haven't punted online in a good while though so could be out of loop.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                  Is that not standard?

Haven't punted online in a good while though so could be out of loop.
                                                  PP/Boyles & 365 certainly do

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                    Speaking of dinner, booked Brookwood for the "annual count the number of wedded bliss years" on Friday. Anyone been?
                                                    Was there for a Sunday lunch about a month ago. Was decent. I'll go back for a evening meal based on eve Sunday option anyway.

Comment

Comment

Anyone that was maybe looking forward to seeing this movie

Dont bother! Trailer amazing , movie shite . was waiting for ages to see it . Very disappointing .

Ye will all prob think its awesome obv now
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

Dont bother! Trailer amazing , movie shite . was waiting for ages to see it . Very disappointing .

Trailer looks shite too tbh
                                                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Ryanair now planning for 200m flights a year by 2024. 20% of all European short haul flights (i.e. all flights lasting less than 3 hours). I'd imagine they'll fairly quickly update that to 400m flights by 2035 or 30% of what the market then will be. A handy €20 per passenger profit, which they'll probably have the pricing power to achieve and it's a profit stream of €8bn or so a year. Mr O'Leary will need to go in the books as our most successful business person.
                                                            Isn't he already?
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

Top 5 movies of all time?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                Top 5 movies of all time?
                                                                Butterfly effect obv in there

Other than Im too tired now to think. I keep changing my mind, every movie I see I usually say "ooh best film ever"

Pretty Woman prob my no 1 seeing as Iv seen it possibly at least 10 times
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  Isn't he already?
                                                                  There was some lad from Cavan who owned pretty much all the copper in Montana back in the railroad era who might be richer if you adjust for inflation. It was where lots of the copper for the telegraph lines came from if I remember correctly.

In terms of an honest businessman then I would say O'Leary must be tho.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Nauseatingly partisan election coverage on Channel 4, expected better of them.

Comment

Comment

At the moment he has built a large company. Which is good. But it's looking like he's going to build the world's largest transportation company. So he's going for the next level.
                                                                            Long way to catch Toyota. Or are we just talking moving people as the primary business?

Comment

...

Comment

Sick finish
                                                                                Open so unlucky

Comment

Sick finish
                                                                                  Open so unlucky
                                                                                  Yeah that was class.

Comment

Westworld turning into something!
                                                                                    Something other than the menu of slick violence and 'soft' rape porn, as if there were such a thing, that the first two episodes consisted solely of

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                      As we're somewhat on the subject anyone recommend some good books about WW2? I think HJ mentioned a good podcast about it before too - that ring any bells?
                                                                                      Any more?

Comment

One Potato

Comment

Two Potato

Comment

Three Potato

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                              Any more?
                                                                                              What specific WW2 fields are you interested in? There's a fairly enormous volume of books.

Comment

Four Potato

Comment

...

Comment

Five Potato

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                      I smell a wager.
                                                                                                      My Liverpool v your Chelsea season bet?

€10, avatar for a month and a surprise?

Comment

My Liverpool v your Chelsea season bet?

€10, avatar for a month and a surprise?
                                                                                                        Six Potato

Booked when surprise is elaborated on.

Comment

Sick finish
                                                                                                          Open so unlucky
                                                                                                          The captain cost them by mishearing the answer from her teammate. Only connect finish was incredible as well. Round 2 is so much harder than round 1.

Comment

i think so!
                                                                                                            I might give it another while... but your tastes can bea bit all over the place.

BTW RDIII those Leif GW Perrson books were a great shout. I'm just finishing the second one Another Time Another Life, really enjoying it and will probably dive straight into the next one.

Comment

Jaysus Pat Troy the yank

Comment

Six Potato

I've no idea where I was going with the surprise thing. Leave it at €10 and the avatar for a month?

Comment

The captain cost them by mishearing the answer from her teammate. Only connect finish was incredible as well. Round 2 is so much harder than round 1.
                                                                                                                  Crawford was brilliant but he was taking too much time and couldn't handle any distraction.

I thought Vicky was very generous allowing the after the bell answer there, I thought she was usually stricter on that

Comment

...

Comment

I've no idea where I was going with the surprise thing. Leave it at €10 and the avatar for a month?
                                                                                                                      Six Potato

Nits.

Comment

Loser must buy the other a Kinder Surprise

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X