Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarah Jarosz's acoustic performance of "Ring Them Bells" for Vanguard and Sugar Hill Record's The Americana Sessions recorded and taped at Minutia Studios in...
    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      On way to view match on the DART, which is obligingly 10 minutes late so I get miss the fucking Haka.

Heaslip FTS please, looks a very different player when Stander is on the pitch.
      Just got stiffed on a mega-taxi fare dropping off dead bodies to various parts of Dublin. Don't give a fuck, fuck Edmund Hilary and Richirle McCaw

FUCK TJEM ALL!!!!@@
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Regards my recent posts on Ultrabooks. I went for the the SurfaceBook in the end. I am only using it a couple of days but so far it is the best tech purchase I ever made. It is strange when people see it that they ask what it is, which while cool is weird because it should be a much more used/known product.

When doing research it has been plagued with issues almost since launch. Microsoft has essentially been beta testing the Book on the public. It seems like they have been releasing the Surface Pro in an attempt to get a device ready to release a fully functioning laptop which is the SurfaceBook. After release it had nothing but problems. During that year they have been releasing updates all the time and now it seems very stable. Those issues seem to be almost fully resolved and it is now a fully functioning awesome device.

I looked at the new Macbooks but upgrading them with the touch strip is so far behind the times. I am a no fanboy of either but Mircosoft have left them in the dust with SurfaceStudio and SurfaceBook. I don't know why the SB isn't more dominate but I can only guess MS haven't pushed it as hard as they should from launch due to the problems but it is now the ultimate portable laptop experience you can find at the moment. The pen/stylus/Onenote is out of this world amazing. The next generation of kids will ask, what the hell is paper.

Opr

Comment

Side note from the SurfaceStudio add but I love this cover by Stephanie Tarling of Pure Imagination.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jalapenojacker/Song: Pure ImaginationArtist: Stephanie TarlingAll music belongs to Stephanie Tarlinghttps://stephanietar...

Opr

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                Regards my recent posts on Ultrabooks. I went for the the SurfaceBook in the end. I am only using it a couple of days but so far it is the best tech purchase I ever made. It is strange when people see it that they ask what it is, which while cool is weird because it should be a much more used/known product.

When doing research it has been plagued with issues almost since launch. Microsoft has essentially been beta testing the Book on the public. It seems like they have been releasing the Surface Pro in an attempt to get a device ready to release a fully functioning laptop which is the SurfaceBook. After release it had nothing but problems. During that year they have been releasing updates all the time and now it seems very stable. Those issues seem to be almost fully resolved and it is now a fully functioning awesome device.

I looked at the new Macbooks but upgrading them with the touch strip is so far behind the times. I am a no fanboy of either but Mircosoft have left them in the dust with SurfaceStudio and SurfaceBook. I don't know why the SB isn't more dominate but I can only guess MS haven't pushed it as hard as they should from launch due to the problems but it is now the ultimate portable laptop experience you can find at the moment. The pen/stylus/Onenote is out of this world amazing. The next generation of kids will ask, what the hell is paper.

Opr
                Microsoft have always tested their products on the public, that's why they release so many patches/updates

Comment

Yes, good morning to be coaching 25 screaming nine year old girls alright.

Comment

Pretty sick if all the poppy stuff now. Wear it if you want to but don't stigmatize those who choose not to.
                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        How much did the surface cost you? They are lovely machines.
                        €€€€€€€€ but you do make some pretty huge savings on big tech purchases with the way Sterling is at the moment. MS had a promotion last weekend, presumably to compete with the Mac launch. They gave 10% discount off purchase price and a free Xbox S. I used a thing called topcashback(never heard of such a thing till last weekend) to get a further 7.5% off. So -17.5% plus selling the Xbox which is another couple of hundred off. So it was a pretty good deal. Throw sterling the way it is then it turns into a very good deal. I know PC world are generally a complete rip off so it isn't a great comparison but gives some sort of metric. With the promotion/sterling I saved €700+ from MS store on the price of the equivalent model in PC world. MS store even delivered it to Ireland.

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                        Microsoft have always tested their products on the public, that's why they release so many patches/updates
                        They seem to have taken the brass neck to a whole other level with the SurfaceBook. It is pretty funny reading back on user experiences with it in the early days. It overheated, wouldn't open programs, screen disconnect was extremely buggy, wouldn't sleep, drained the battery like crazy ..... the list is endless of shit that was wrong with it. When you consider the price of it at launch, people would be forgiven for thinking they were buying a premium product with an expectation that it would work like a dream out of the box. Those early adopters must have been ready to kill someone at MS.

At least they should be happy in the knowledge they blazed a trail for my wonderful user experience

Opr

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

They seem to have taken the brass neck to a whole other level with the SurfaceBook. It is pretty funny reading back on user experiences with it in the early days. It overheated, wouldn't open programs, screen disconnect was extremely buggy, wouldn't sleep, drained the battery like crazy ..... the list is endless of shit that was wrong with it. When you consider the price of it at launch, people would be forgiven for thinking they were buying a premium product with an expectation that it would work like a dream out of the box. Those early adopters must have been ready to kill someone at MS.

At least they should be happy in the knowledge they blazed a trail for my wonderful user experience

Opr
                            aaahhhh ya, god bless those mad early adopter bastards

Comment

Except that the headline is absolutely not what he was saying there or has been saying.
                              What he is saying is that the markets have the short term shock priced in. The day trading vermin that run the world will relish the inevitable war pestilence and famine that will be the long term shakeout.

Comment

Addis abbaba is the nut low of airports have ever been in.
                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

No love from Scottish crowd for Taylor, understandable.

Comment

missed the game last night so just found a nice big HD copy to enjoy this evening. really hoping your boys can do it twice in 2 days!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                      missed the game last night so just found a nice big HD copy to enjoy this evening. really hoping your boys can do it twice in 2 days!
                                      Link a brother up?
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                        Link a brother up?
                                        pm sent

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                            Addis abbaba is the nut low of airports have ever been in.
                                            Its not in the bottom 5 in Africa

The way they transfer international hub passengers is terribad. Last time I was there I got hustled into the gate area with 'final call' announcements 60 minutes before boarding but it seems that all they wanted to do was get everyone there so they could announce a 2 hour delay. Obv there is no way back out and nowhere inside to even buy a bottle of water.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                              If the league finished today Chelsea would be champions m8s
                                              That would hardly be fair, with Chelsea having played 11 games and Liverpool only 10.

It would be better to end the league today imo.
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                That would hardly be fair, with Chelsea having played 11 games and Liverpool only 10.

It would be better to end the league today imo.
                                                I smell a wager.

Comment

Okay, so I'm starting the new job next week and they have asked me to send some stuff including 'P45 from previous employment in current tax year'.
                                                  They don't know I am still working and plan on staying working at the other job, what's the best play here?
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                    Okay, so I'm starting the new job next week and they have asked me to send some stuff including 'P45 from previous employment in current tax year'.
                                                    They don't know I am still working and plan on staying working at the other job, what's the best play here?
                                                    Tell them you are still working the other job.

Comment

lolz

As secretary of state, Hillary Clinton routinely asked her maid to print out sensitive government emails and documents — including ones containing classified information — from her house in Washing…
                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

Lol CNN really finding it difficult trying not to call Trump Hitler today. It's like StrewelP is running things

Comment

Thats getting old.

Even Piers fucking Morgan today in defending Trump can't help pointing out the obvious comparisons to Hitler before coming to the conclusion that he couldn't really be all that bad

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                              TICKET PRICE: €42.00, plus booking fee. Must be purchased in advance.
                                                              TICKET ENTITLEMENTS: 8 drink samples & 1 food sample from each pairing.

Might apply to cover it on behalf of IPB.
                                                              That whiskey event was the best I've ever been to, it wasn't 8 drinks, it was drink whatever the hell you want from the best whiskeys around, lots of new ones being launched, really cool. They also had Gin, bourbon and Poitin. I got wasted even with pouring half the whiskey away.

Highlight was chatting to the head blender for Midleton, was really interesting. He also gave me a great 22yo and a 27yo from the first cask of Jameson rarest vintage reserve or something, never bottled, anyway it was hands down the best whiskey I've ever had. He had just brought some back from a masterclass in Paris. This lad, great guy:
                                                              They were launching a new redbreast (well it's in shops already), really nice. Redbreast Lustau.

Billy Leighton is the Master Blender of the Midleton Distillery but ever wondered what it is that his role involves? Hear from Billy himself as he describes...

Didn't really get much pictures as there was too much to drink:

Nice display, one of the new whiskeys:

Japanese are the best:

Somebody I work with owns this place:

The 22yo I tried, didn't think to snap the 27:

Just what I needed before surgery tomorrow.
                                                              Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                              Ordinarily I would say grab a bottle of Meerlust but it seems that only 2012 is available now and it needs far more time.

Exceptional Malbec here http://www.thecorkscrew.ie/red-wine/...lbec-2010.html

Very good SA Blend here https://www.obrienswine.ie/wine/colo...de-estate.html

can offer you up 20 others if you wish but tight list and that Malbec is exceptional gear.
                                                              So I was chatting to this girl trying to get hints about what wine to get and she is there naming grapes that I don't have a hope of remembering, but then the shining light was that some her favourite wines in particular are Malbecs, especially from Argentina. Winner sir.
                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 06-11-16, 19:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                Thats getting old.

Even Piers fucking Morgan today in defending Trump can't help pointing out the obvious comparisons to Hitler before coming to the conclusion that he couldn't really be all that bad

Hitler was a decorated war hero, anti-Semitic, a strong orator, had an aggressive policy and preyed on minorities.

Trump is none of those things? I couldn't imagine any other Republican candidate strongly defending LGBT rights in their convention speech?
                                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 06-11-16, 20:19.

Comment

Planet Earth II starting on BBC now, should be worth a watch.
                                                                  Love the photography, but that Attenborough lad is full of BS.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                    I smell a wager.
                                                                    I'm not a gambling man
                                                                    Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 06-11-16, 20:41.
                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                      Trump is none of those things? I couldn't imagine any other Republican candidate strongly defending LGBT rights in their convention speech?
                                                                      He is still very much against gay marriage, which is kinda the biggest right that the community wants. And he wants it overturned. So he may not be as obscenely anti-gay as other GOP candidates, but I'd have to quibble with referring to his stance as 'strongly defending' lgbt rights.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                        Love the photography, but that Attenborough lad is full of BS.
                                                                        That what i was thinking, like nothing surprises the little know all. And he lets on the camera work is his own doing. They've wanted him out for years but his knighthood gives him a deal of protection.

Comment

Comment

Hitler was a decorated war hero, anti-Semitic, a strong orator, had an aggressive policy and preyed on minorities.

And your point its what? hes a great guy because he is not actually Hitler just a run of the mill demagogue.

Its started fo feel like the world has lost all reason.
                                                                            This is a bullet that will be dodged , people are dumb, Americans are very dumb but they will pull back from the abyss.

Comment

Weiner kicking off on bbc4 (sky channel 211) at 9, well worth a watch

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                The Orange Oomopa Loompa who publicly stated he wanted to fuck his own daughter is screaming 'Don't elect perverts' into a camera

You couldn't make it up

Comment

Anyway, the FBI have now cleared Hilary (again).

I suspect our chances of a decent sweat are now gone.

Comment

Comet says they have reviewed emails,sticking by original decision not to prosecute. Thats it wrapped I'd say. There will be aftershocks even if Hill wins

Comment

And your point its what? hes a great guy because he is not actually Hitler just a run of the mill demagogue.

This is a bullet that will be dodged , people are dumb, Americans are very dumb but they will pull back from the abyss.
                                                                                      Oh dear. The citizens of the most succesful country in recent human history are 'dumb'.

That makes us pretty much sub-human.

Comment

Point is take the top five things associated with Hitler and they're the opposite of Trump, it's lol nonsense to compare the two. So so intellectually lazy. Trump is pro Hispanic, pro Jews, pro African American, pro LGBT, pro USA.
                                                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 06-11-16, 21:34.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

This is amazing. I'd read all about it but ZOMFG

Can't believe the cameras are still running

Comment

Really surprised Stevie Wonder is still alive

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Planet Earth II starting on BBC now, should be worth a watch.
                                                                                              Good watch! Can't believe that man is 90, he will be quite a loss and it's gonna happen sooner rather than later

Comment

Point is take the top five things associated with Hitler and they're the opposite of Trump, it's lol nonsense to compare the two. So so intellectually lazy. Trump is pro Hispanic, pro Jews, pro African American, pro LGBT, pro USA.
                                                                                                Hitler didn't much like women either which we can agree is another point of difference. He was also a mesmerising orator whereas Trump speaks in disjointed meaningless soundbites.

Also Hitler didn't fuck around with elections. Trump is a pussy.

Comment

Everyone was anti-semitic at the time. Hitler just took it a bit too far. The equivalency isn't about wondering if they are precisely matched down to wearing the same socks, its about the similarity of modus operandi. I.e. do they both pick a minority to point at and denounce (Jews, Mexicans, Muslims) and do they both advocate isolationism initially by noting how the potential voter is being screwed over by outside powers (WWI countries, espec France, UK for Germany, China for Trump).
                                                                                                  No one thinks Sam Harris is Hitler for making the same calls on vetting Muslim immigration. You don't like Trump, you don't like Hitler, ergo Trump is Hitler.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                    Really surprised Stevie Wonder is still alive
                                                                                                    He was at the height of his powers pretty young. He'd made inner visions, talking book and songs in the key of life by the time he was 26! He's only 66 now

Comment

This is amazing. I'd read all about it but ZOMFG

Can't believe the cameras are still running
                                                                                                      Yeah it's nuts they didn't just ditch the cameras once it broke again

Comment

Everyone was anti-semitic at the time. Hitler just took it a bit too far.

Comment

...

Comment

Trump is pro Hispanic, pro Jews, pro African American, pro LGBT, pro USA.
                                                                                                            Are you taking the piss or do you really believe that

Comment

...

Comment

I only think Hitler is Hitler. I was just noting that comparing on superficialities is not the way to compare Hitler and Trump. Clearly there are going to be differences. The best way to look at it is on the broader strategies adopted to get elected i.e. hate on minorities and blaming other countries for domestic woes.

It strikes me as a bit stupid to say they're not similar because hitler used hatred of jews to get elected and trump is trying to use hatred of some non-jew groups.
                                                                                                                But that's the point, he doesn't hate minorities. And everything says about China is true, they've built a substantial portion of their wealth on theft of intellectual property and currency manipulation.

Comment

No. But close.

He's pro-Hispanics for Trump. Pro-Jews for Trump. Pro-African Americans for Trump. Pro-LGBT for Trump and Pro-USA for Trump.

He's a thin skinned narcissist who only views the world through the prism of his own self-interest.
                                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

The mad thing was just how ambivalent other countries were about whether it was a bad thing when they thought it was just awful maltreatment of jews (as opposed to extermination).
                                                                                                                    Very few people knew about the extermination, which really only accelerated relatively late in the war. The Americans and the Brits knew all about the maltreatment pre-war and were relatively vocal while being unable to do much inside Germany itself for obvious reasons. Then once the war started, the demands of total warc overrode all other considerations. The Western Allies were genuinely shocked when they liberated camps like Belsen and Dachau. The Russians weren't shocked at all when they liberated death camps like Auschwitz, mainly because they had already murdered millions themselves.

Nazi policy basically went from "kick them all out" (pre-war) to "steal their assets and use them as slave labour" (early war) to "kill them all" (the Heydrich plan, post Wannsee)

Comment

...
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 06-11-16, 22:17.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X