Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact a good carpenter, should be really easy for him to make bespoke pigeon hole shelving for you.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

That or just take forty days off work and consume it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        That or just take forty days off work and consume it all.
        There's a fair few of the 'good' bottles that could with drinking. Looking forward to Christmas.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The problem is clearly the stairs.

People are always going on about wine cellars, but what about a wine stairs. Think of all the storage space being wasted by solid stairs. Tell the wife the stairs have to go.

Something like this but perspex with the wines stored inside labels facing up, possibly the cheaper plonk towards the bottom and the top shelf stuff on the top.

Comment

In a lot of ways an even bigger display of the big from Munster tonight than last weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
              In a lot of ways an even bigger display of the big from Munster tonight than last weekend...
              The boom of the fireworks putting Jackson off just as he was kicking the penalty was comical.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                The judge enforced the law to the letter and I would defer to Kayroo on this but it didn't seem like he actually stepped outside his bounds.
                He definitely acted out of bounds. Daly was pleading guilty. The District Court Rules clearly set out that if you're pleading guilty you don't have to appear yourself and can have your solicitor or counsel appear on your behalf. He shouldn't have issued the bench warrant at all.

Her reaction in the Dail was equally uncalled for and poorly judged. The two of them deserve each other.
                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

The crux is that dosey random solicitor she collared in the foyer to represent her before she left only had to come up with any reason why she wasnt there, he froze and couldnt offer any. Had he said she needed to go back to dublin on dail business he wouldnt have been able to issue a warrant.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                    The crux is that dosey random solicitor she collared in the foyer to represent her before she left only had to come up with any reason why she wasnt there, he froze and couldnt offer any. Had he said she needed to go back to dublin on dail business he wouldnt have been able to issue a warrant.
                    Nor did he know what kayroo posted above.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                      He definitely acted out of bounds. Daly was pleading guilty. The District Court Rules clearly set out that if you're pleading guilty you don't have to appear yourself and can have your solicitor or counsel appear on your behalf. He shouldn't have issued the bench warrant at all.

Her reaction in the Dail was equally uncalled for and poorly judged. The two of them deserve each other.
                      Fair enough, is he allowed to let everyone bar her case go? obv scheduling her appear last is pretty funny.

Comment

RD 111 wine storage problem idea http://www.aplaceforeverything.co.uk...kGNBoCImnw_wcB

My problem now is getting up early to orginise 1st days fishing at our own lakes with stocked rainbow trout (200+ fish to 10lb+) which has involved weed management, predator (Mink.Otter and comorant) management, poaching management, feeding and grass cutting over last 6 months and have ppl who have paid £25 fees who will likely complain about something not understanding work involved. Deep breaths and pastel shades times

Comment

Drinking until 3am, then working at 7. Jobs are shite when you think about it

My trump hat never arrived in time for Halloween, never ordering from China on ebay again! Never on time the fucks
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

It's kinda good craic losing 500 in a week knowing that I'll just make it back next week.

Jobs m8's, who knew!

Someone wanna work for me today though? yeah? thanks

Also riggs/andy, shall not be at quiz this week either. Perhaps the Thurs after
                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

If anyone is at the airport in the next 3 days can ya please tell me how much Czech Kroner €100 will get me, much appreciated
                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  Bernie Saunders at 95/1. What do these people be thinking? He literally can't be president. Not least because a decent percent of votes have already been cast.
                                  I'm loving your obsession with this stuff Hitch. Keep it up

Comment

Comment

I'm loving your obsession with this stuff Hitch. Keep it up
                                      Never mind all that, get your arse over to the PP website and find me them misplaced decimal points

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

>>>> mdoug - enjoying the chronicling of work life. I fear we are moving past the I love my job and I love working and I love the money I am earning so much phase towards the loathing phase. You next two weeks of posts will make interesting reading..
                                        He is going thru the 5 stages at a fear rate alright

Comment

Denny might regret not letting it ride,the October surprise is here

Edit I see this was already brought up
                                          Last edited by Guest; 29-10-16, 08:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                            >>>> Zuutroy - tell me more about the flying club arrangement if you don't mind? Is it an up front fee and then £X per hour? Is it a 2 seater or 4 seater? Can I hire you to bring us racing in far flung places of Ireland? Can I hire you to bring us golfing in far flung places in Ireland (capacity permitting)? I only golf 6 times a year but I probably go racing 60 times..

It's a monthly fee and then you pay an amount per hour that includes fuel and a contribution to maintenance etc. It's a 4 seater and 3 pax and 3 sets of golf clubs would probably be too much tbh.

I'd be happy to take people wherever they want to go but the thing is my license only lets me fly in visual meteorological conditions which basically means you could plan to have me fly you down somewhere only to be scuppered by a 1000 ft cloud base on the day. Going to do the instrument license in due course which would remove that restriction.

Comment

I don't agree with a lot of daly and wallaces politics but they piss of all the right people and deserve a pass for the great number they have done on the guards.
                                              Have to lol at simpletons who believe there is a separation between state and judiciary in this country

Comment

Clare Daly must be protected at all costs.
                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

It's based in Weston. I can in theory fly to the UK but I would need more experience before taking it on and the club requires you to do a trip with an instructor before being allowed to go yourself. In a year or so I'll be sorted. Galway airport is closed unfortunately!

Comment

They gritted the teeth in the last 15. Smart winning rugby. Something magical might be cooking imo.
                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                      RD 111 wine storage problem idea http://www.aplaceforeverything.co.uk...kGNBoCImnw_wcB

My problem now is getting up early to orginise 1st days fishing at our own lakes with stocked rainbow trout (200+ fish to 10lb+) which has involved weed management, predator (Mink.Otter and comorant) management, poaching management, feeding and grass cutting over last 6 months and have ppl who have paid £25 fees who will likely complain about something not understanding work involved. Deep breaths and pastel shades times
                                                      That looks ideal TDO. Will investigate and report back. ty

Comment

There's going to be an Edge of Tomorrow 2,sweet

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                              Fair enough, is he allowed to let everyone bar her case go? obv scheduling her appear last is pretty funny.
                                                              Actually putting her last was arguably quite considerate. A District Court on any given day can be absolutely packed full of people. It's not uncommon for higher profile or sensitive matters to be left to the end of a list to stop things becoming a circus.
                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Bernie Saunders at 95/1. What do these people be thinking? He literally can't be president. Not least because a decent percent of votes have already been cast.
                                                                Presumably if by some bizarre turn of events he was the only Democrat candidate on the day then all prior Clinton votes would go to him. If a state ended up 45% Trump, 35% Bernie and 15% HRCRIP then it would be reasonable of the electoral college delegates to say that the intentions of the voters were clearly for a Democrat president and to nominate Sanders. Though would please the law folk immensely I'm sure.
                                                                Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 29-10-16, 10:42.

Comment

Comment

They're voting for a delegate though, rather than a candidate.

I really really doubt that in the event they replace her, that they'd pick Bernie.

Comment

...Walcott, Monreal and De Bruyne all injured and dropped, and Iheanacho dropped... Add the fact that for some reason when I went to change captain to Sanchez but it wouldn't load this morning, and this weekend can go to fuck already...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                        ...Walcott, Monreal and De Bruyne all injured and dropped, and Iheanacho dropped... Add the fact that for some reason when I went to change captain to Sanchez but it wouldn't load this morning, and this weekend can go to fuck already...
                                                                        That sucks cos Sanchez scored two this morning m8 so you missed out on big points there

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                          That sucks cos Sanchez scored two this morning m8 so you missed out on big points there
                                                                          ...Yep...I also took a chance, got rid of Aguero because thought he was overpriced...2 goals and he'll probably get another 2/3...I was doing ok up until this week ...

Comment

Eldest arrived (somewhat unexpectedly, 7 weeks earlier than anticipated, during a dinner party) 10 years ago today.

Time. Fly. Etc.

Comment

...

Comment

Before Kevin.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Anyone here running the marathon tomorrow?

May pop by to spectate if I can fit it in, where would be the best place to go?

Comment

I'd imagine the UCD flyover would be a good spot, though there isn't that much room on it.
                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Close to the finish is the place to be (Merrion Sq/The Fitz). Just after 11 if you want to see the winners come in but i'd argue the real action will be from midday to 2pm where the bulk of the average/above average runners will cross the finish.

You'll see the agony and ecstacy up close.

Not running but will be cheering on a couple of friends around the 14 mile mark at the Crumlin Children's Hospital.
                                                                                      Last edited by BennyHiFi; 29-10-16, 18:55.

Comment

Cheers guys, may take you up on that GAB

Although, I like the idea of watching people finish, cheers Benny, or maybe c5 miles from the finish shouting encouragement.

I plan on a mountain drive tomorrow with the wife and little one, taking autumn pics and collecting conkers, not sure yet what time we're doing that, hopefully I can successfully argue for an afternoon trip so I can get in and catch the marathon.

Comment

Slatterys pub junction at Beggars bush or on the bridge of the Stillorgan flyover is a good place to stand. Its a position towards the end of the race so can be grim watching the walking dead at that stage though so if you would prefer to see smiling faces then go to Phoenix park while its still early in the race. The latter stages are the best because you can see the achievement etched on their faces and some helping others along.

My brother is running in it for about the 14th time. I gave up spectating a couple years ago after i was designated to supply him with a milky way bar and a drink at the Stillorgan flyover at a certain time he felt he should be due to pass at that time. 25+ minutes after that time when he got to me he was absolutely delirious and incoherent. He couldn't even chew the milky way bar and spat it out in slow motion. It seemed like his movements were as if he was under water. I felt terrible and I felt like pulling him from the race at that point and because i couldnt if anything happened i would have never forgiven myself. Hadn't the heart to go see him run since. They should definitely have one of those Tour De France/SAS quit busses where you can hop in only officials can use their discretion to pluck you aboard as you dont really see any pull outs.
                                                                                          Hes done the NY marathon before too where the weather was so hot he collapsed and needed a drip.

What surprised me was to learn most of those running in the Dublin Marathon arent Irish, most are other nationality circuit runners so this is their EPT/ UKIPT tours, sick bastards.

Comment

You should deffo go watch him. He's a hero imo.

Comment

I'm curious as to what would be of enjoyment to watch a marathon apart from maybe a chance of excitement if it was close at the finish?
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                I'm curious as to what would be of enjoyment to watch a marathon apart from maybe a chance of excitement if it was close at the finish?
                                                                                                People usually turn up to catch a glimpse of loved ones.
                                                                                                In Lazares case I see his reasons for turning up to watch this as a subconscious bit to plant a bud in his mind as inspiration to run in the 2017 race on the back of his park run awakening. He might not know it but hes looking for a spark to ignite a plotting for 2017.

Comment

Speaking of heroes, was reading about this 41 year old Greek, Yiannis Kouros who holds the 24 hour ultra record, mind blowing stuff...

On 4 October 1997, Greek born Australian Yiannis Kouros, one of the greatest ultrarunners of all time, ran a barely believable 303.5k in 24 hours. In doing so, he set a 24 hour world record that, in his own words, is likely to "last for centuries".
                                                                                                  The 41 year old set a blistering pace from the off, reaching 100k in 7:15 and 150k in 11:05:02.
                                                                                                  By the time 15 hours and 10 minutes had past, Kouros had broken the 200k world record and the pace - an astonishing average of 7:39min/mile did not relent for the remaining nine hours.
                                                                                                  To put the extraordinary feat of endurance into context, almost 20 years on, no runner has come within 27k of Kouros' world record. It is truly the stuff of Greek legend.
                                                                                                  His secret?
                                                                                                  "When other people get tired, they stop" he said. "I don't. I take over my body with my mind. I tell it that it's not tired, and it listens"
                                                                                                  Wow.

I tell it that it's not tired, and it listens.

Comment

Auckland marathon is on today too. It's being run quite close to our place, Tamaki drive.
                                                                                                    The area has various different endurance events on over the next few months, triathlons with different variations etc.
                                                                                                    The culture here is so much different towards exercise. A lot more younger people 13-18 are out running, walking, cycling etc.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                      Personally, I've become obsessed with running, participatory and as a sport. Plus as Rounders said, I have my eye on it for next year, not sure if I'll be ready or not but getting a look at the pain may tell me.

Comment

Personally, I've become obsessed with running, participatory and as a sport. Plus as Rounders said, I have my eye on it for next year, not sure if I'll be ready or not but getting a look at the pain may tell me.
                                                                                                        I'd think you'll find it equal parts inspiring and sobering. Seeing how you talk about running you're clearly itching for the challenge.

I was only running three or four months before i signed up for one and it was worth every blister, bead of sweat and raw ball.

Comment

airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                            Eldest arrived (somewhat unexpectedly, 7 weeks earlier than anticipated, during a dinner party) 10 years ago today.

Time. Fly. Etc.
                                                                                                            Male or female? enjoy the next 2 years before it all goes pearshaped!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                              I'd think you'll find it equal parts inspiring and sobering. Seeing how you talk about running you're clearly itching for the challenge.

I was only running three or four months before i signed up for one and it was worth every blister, bead of sweat and raw ball.

wow, fair play!!

I started last Jan, and I can't even imagine it yet.

Comment

...

Comment

Got invited along as a spectator to a few 10k races in Dublin by the brother and his wife. Awful way to spend time, battling your way through hoards of people in order to cheer on someone other than yourself for being healthy in a rather boring way from the perspective of a watcher. Maybe the problem is that the bro and family should have waited until it was something more substantial like a marathon before marketing its entertainment value. But even marathons seem to be everywhere now.

I was asking a few colleagues last year when the Tour de France was going through Rennes why they were so keen to see cyclists in spandex race past them in a blur and they were saying no-one ever turns up to see the cyclists, its the parade 'caravane' that happens for an hour beforehand on the route where the likes of Nestle etc shower the audience with sweetie goodies to gorge on so they too might be able to grow up to some day race like a TUE'd cycle pro. So even the Tour de France is an awful spectator sport.
                                                                                                                  Go on, tell us what sport you like to watch. I'm guessing watersports

Comment

...

Comment

well all sports seem a bit crap to watch, but clearly a lot of people enjoy them. I'd say UFC is fascinating to watch up front and personal.
                                                                                                                      In fairness I think you mentioned loving badminton before. Though it just seemed like a huge outlier.

Comment

Michael Moore in Trumpland is on Channel4 tonight at 11pm. Expecting it to be terribad, though worth a spin https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michae...e_in_TrumpLand

Comment

My brother has ran the marathon a few times. First time he ran it I asked him what sort of training he's done. Turns out the furthest he'd ran prior to the marathon was an estimated 8km "at rugby training last week"! 'Madman!!
                                                                                                                          Last edited by NewApproach; 29-10-16, 21:26.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X