X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
    Lol.
    Ha, that's what I feared. Couldn't think of anywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
      Any nice spots in the Midlands for a weekend away?
      HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
        Where can I get myself some valium?
        Irishtown

Comment

the doc, u ok hun?
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Honda if you're out there or any other stream wizards, any chance of baseball stream again? It's on Fox Sports 1 and Rogers Sportsnet from 9 if you could hook me up. Ta.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              Honda if you're out there or any other stream wizards, any chance of baseball stream again? It's on Fox Sports 1 and Rogers Sportsnet from 9 if you could hook me up. Ta.
              Check here shortly before 9, there might be some up.

This will definitely have streams for you, might not be the best quality though.

Comment

Cheers Dom...I know about cricfree but low res doesn't be great for baseball. I'll try the other one. Wherever Honda got the one last week it was class.

Comment

Cheers Dom...I know about cricfree but low res doesn't be great for baseball. I'll try the other one. Wherever Honda got the one last week it was class.
                  watchu want
                  airport, lol

Comment

Ze answer to all your baseball needs.

airport, lol

Comment

Found that about 30 seconds ago. Cheers!

Comment

Had to go to a meeting in the church tonight about my nephews christening, wow it was bad the priest was asking people why they were getting their children baptised and of the 9 people there only two spoke up or that one wasn't even a parent. First response was "to give the child power" while the other one was "something to believe in" pretty much everybody was thinking but not saying "just doing it for the sake of doing it" feeling I got was the church is struggling there and that it might not be around in years to come.
                        Last edited by tylerdurden94; 12-10-15, 20:11.
                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                          Had to go to a meeting in the church tonight about my nephews christening, wow it was bad the priest was asking people why they were getting their children baptised and of the 9 people there only two spoke up or that one wasn't even a parent. First response was "to give the child power" while the other one was "something to believe in" pretty much everybody was thinking but not saying "just doing it for the sake of doing it" feeling I got was the church is struggling there and that it might not be around in years to come.
                          Here's hoping. Break the link between schools and the church and it'll be largely done for most people imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            Yeah, see that - RTE just said 'IRA membership' last night without specifying further. A huge swathe of the public won't make the distinction though. Plus you have the actual Chief of Staff of the PIRA being in front of the Courts in relation to his criminal activity.

Plenty of ammo for the Law and Order brigade!
                            Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            Just the three mass murderers sitting in our parliament and looking to be in government next year, ah sure thats grand then.

What is it that there is a better class of Guard murderer in Gerry and Slabs gang
                            Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                            Anyone who would make that distinction is probably a core vote for SF anyway or, on the other end of the spectrum, wouldn't vote for them in a million years. It's the middle ground - the ground that SF needs to make gains in - that won't see the subtle difference.
                            Genuinely surprised at these posts, I think the vast majority of people would distinguish between Real and Provisional IRA.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                              Here's hoping. Break the link between schools and the church and it'll be largely done for most people imo.
                              The priest even alluded that because he made a joke something along the lines of after their confirmation you may as well say goodbye to them now because you probably won't seem them back bar a wedding or funeral.
                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

He sounds like a top laugh. Was there a hidden camera?

Comment

Interesting doc on RTE1 started now about Michael Dwyer that was killed in Bolivia few years back. I remember all the FARC training stories at the time but seems that wasn't the case

Comment

That one is up again, looks to be the default source on Pheonix TV baseball streaming.
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

stfu with the dissing of Irishtown.

Comment

Comment

Details are emerging tonight on Budget 2016.

The Christmas Bonus will be restored by 75%, meaning a single pensioner will get €173 and a typical pensioner couple will get €327.

The price of a packet of 20 cigarettes is to increase by 50 cent.

Minister for Finance, Michael Noonan, had €750m, which will be increased to €800 due to the increase in price of cigarettes.

The Fuel Allowance payment will increase by €2.50 a week from January, which will see a rise from €20 a week to €22.50, affecting 380,000 households.

The Respite Care Grant will be restored in full.

€120m has been allocated to housing.

Two week paid paternity leave and free preschool from the age of three will be offered to parents, as well as the expansion of community childcare subvention.

In terms of Universal Social Charge, the changes to three of four rates have been well leaked. The 7% rate is being cut by 1.5%. The 1.5 and 3.5% rates are being cut by .5%

The threshold at which people pay the USC currently stands at over €12,000 - that will rise to €13,000 and will take another 90,000 people out of the tax.

2 weeks paternity leave....how will that work as a contractor I wonder
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                            http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/1012/734283-budget-2016/

2 weeks paternity leave....how will that work as a contractor I wonder
                                            You'll get the same allowance you do now for holidays, plus an extra 50% I think though!

Comment

plenty of shite posted about Ireland after the Italy match from apparent rugger experts and one or two amateurs like myself had to spell it out for you 'Intensity' Its a long campaign if you want to be successful and as expected the Irish lifted their game when it counted . I'm not as worried about Argentina either , Ireland displayed something agianst France that few teams possess and I don't think th argies can stand up to it. Let's hope the fire is in our bellies again. Who knows 3 more games and we could be champs.
                                              So hope my aussie bet loses -)
                                              Sooometimes I get a good feeling.

Our Favourite Parody of Ooooh Sometimes I get a GOOD feeling - http://www.viralswift.com

Comment

Newish Martin's Life

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                  stfu with the dissing of Irishtown.
                                                  Yeah , and it has a good Bus service too.😆

Comment

Also the official report on the RWC website said Ireland "survived" the "French onslaught". WTF .

Analysis for the match below, only lost out on offloads.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                      Also the official report on the RWC website said Ireland "survived" the "French onslaught". WTF .

Analysis for the match below, only lost out on offloads.

They must have thought Ireland were in green.
                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Saw Sicario in the cinema today, loved it. Very impressed by the directing.

Comment

Whats your dates and is it for 3 you are looking?

Sons place might be empty for a while around christmas
                                                          27th to 7th, and minimum 4, maybe 6 if my sister and another family member join us.\

myself and the wife will be there by ourselves from the 21st the 27th ourselves though

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                            Anyone been to Wicklow Gaol, think i might head Saturday for the spin. Have a weird thing for jails.

Anything else worth seeing or doing out that way?

CHD I will avoid Bray.
                                                            Wicklow Gaol is always worth visiting. It is steeped in unfortunate but real Irish history. Well worth a visit. Very few places like it in Ireland. Don't rush around it, take it in.

Don't bother with the re-enactments that they have, listen to the guide and take it in. Chilling in some spots but class that they have that kind of place still standing with proof, facts and history.

Go.

Comment

Someone just buy a fucking kitchen already
                                                              It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                Agree. Very hard psychological thriller that deliberately chooses to keep plot rudimentary so that the emotions remain the focus. The pickup scene in Juarez is class, great build of tension.
                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

The Independent pissing on journalism again today. Front page article describes the man who shot the Garda and his wife as in the IRA using IRA weapons, and detail on inside pages uses 'Real IRA' and 'dissident Republicans'. Can't beat using the press for a bit of misinformation. Arrah sure, only a bit of craic like the peace process. Scumbags.
                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                    The Independent pissing on journalism again today. Front page article describes the man who shot the Garda and his wife as in the IRA using IRA weapons, and detail on inside pages uses 'Real IRA' and 'dissident Republicans'. Can't beat using the press for a bit of misinformation. Arrah sure, only a bit of craic like the peace process. Scumbags.
                                                                    This the article? http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-31604628.html

Comment

Fargo started again last night.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Do we want him back, or can we lock him up there? http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/1013/734318-drumm/

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                          Do we want him back, or can we lock him up there? http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/1013/734318-drumm/
                                                                          We really don't want him back. Be surprised if he served a year.

Lying to the US courts - they don't appreciate that, he'd get serious jail team plus asset forfeiture.
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

This has to be the most leaked budget ever, takes all the fun out if it.

As usual 90% of the attention is on tax impact, hardly any on the quantum or value for money of the Expenditure side.

Comment

I am in agreement, sort of. However the dissidents do style themselves 'the IRA' too, so I think it's factually correct in that regard.

Maybe the should use the terms 'Good IRA'\'Bad IRA'?

Good IRA: nominally on ceasefire except for criminally-motivated killings. Heavily involved in criminality, leader currently on trial. Many SF representatives were\are in the Good IRA.

Bad IRA: actively engaged in terrorism. Close to zero public support.

Sufficient?

Comment

There's a Good IRA?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                  There's a Good IRA?
                                                                                  If you're in the SF cult, absolutely.

You will even have a narrative that the Good IRA was fighting for civil rights and achieved all its objectives. Also that it was morally superior to the terrorists on the other side.

Comment

Silly, very very silly.
                                                                                    But hilarious

The potential Republican candidates weigh in on a variety of issues.Like on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/badlipreadingFollow on Twitter! http://twitter....

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                      Glad to hear you were impressed by the directing because he and the cinematographer are down to do Blade Runner 2.
                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The inheritance tax threshold for children inheriting the family home will raise to €280,000, the start of a process that will see it increase to €500,000 over a three to five year period.

Was this expected? Loved the debate on this in here a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                          The inheritance tax threshold for children inheriting the family home will raise to €280,000, the start of a process that will see it increase to €500,000 over a three to five year period.

Was this expected? Loved the debate on this in here a few weeks ago.
                                                                                          I don't like this at all but can absolutely see why FG minister would do in an election year

Comment

I don't like this at all but can absolutely see why FG minister would do in an election year
                                                                                            Gifts for all.

Costs for none.

Comment

Maybe the should use the terms 'Good IRA'\'Bad IRA'
                                                                                              In the days when the people now running Sinn Fein / IRA were running Europe's deadliest protection racket the distinction was Stickie / Pinnie / Old IRA
                                                                                              Stickie meant your crowd were doing their extortion and robberies with minimal violence. Pinnies you paid up or died and maybe you just got tortured and murdered anyway.
                                                                                              Old IRA meant you had retired when you realised that the whole thing was nothing more than a racket run but criminals who hijacked a redundant pre war Republican philosophy that stupid young men were attracted to and tacked it on to a legitimate civil rights cause.

One of those men was a great friend of mine who I just realise now died ten years ago this week.
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                Interesting doc on RTE1 started now about Michael Dwyer that was killed in Bolivia few years back. I remember all the FARC training stories at the time but seems that wasn't the case
                                                                                                What do his family think was he doing there?
                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Old IRA meant you had retired when you realised that the whole thing was nothing more than a racket run but criminals who hijacked a redundant pre war Republican philosophy that stupid young men were attracted to and tacked it on to a legitimate civil rights cause.
                                                                                                  It (the PIRA campaign) had nothing to do with civil rights and anyone involved in the civil rights campaigns would be disgusted at any claim it was.

The PIRA campaign was a campaign of violence designed to force British withdrawal from Northern Ireland and the establishment of a 32 county socialist republic.

Rather helpfully, the PIRA confirm this in their 'Green Book'.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Green_Book_(IRA)

"By now it is clear that our task is not only to kill as many enemy personnel as possible but of equal importance to create support which will carry us not only through a war of liberation which could last another decade but which will support us past the 'Brits Out' stage to the ultimate aim of a Democratic Socialist Republic."

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                    I am confused by your rant. Who are the scumbags?
                                                                                                    In this case the editors / journalists hawking over a tragedy to deliberately misrepresent in service of a political agenda are scumbags.

In many other cases in life, other people are scumbags too.

Comment

I am in agreement, sort of. However the dissidents do style themselves 'the IRA' too, so I think it's factually correct in that regard.

Maybe the should use the terms 'Good IRA'\'Bad IRA'?

Good IRA: nominally on ceasefire except for criminally-motivated killings. Heavily involved in criminality, leader currently on trial. Many SF representatives were\are in the Good IRA.

Bad IRA: actively engaged in terrorism. Close to zero public support.

Sufficient?
                                                                                                      Har har

The problem is the political ramifications of an actual PIRA member shooting a Garda (even in a non political / criminal scenario) would be huge. That was your default reaction yesterday even. So to pretend that the distinction is not important or mere semantics is nonsense. Indeed, the fact the Independent is skirting the lines with it is a testament to that reality.

Comment

It's good that Lloyd doesn't let the place become an echo chamber.

Comment

POC out, mick mccarthy being called up to take his place

Comment

Originally posted by Allez Les Verts View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Allez Les Verts View Post
                                                                                                              Terrible way for POC to finish. With POC, POM, Sexton and SOB casualties of Sunday we may have won the battle but lost the war. Was always going to be the risk of such an intense and bruising encounter. Argentina will have plenty more to offer where that came from on Sunday too...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                It's good that Lloyd doesn't let the place become an echo chamber.
                                                                                                                True.

I must admit I am curious as to the real source of Lloyd's republican views.

Comment

What do his family think was he doing there?
                                                                                                                  Whatever about him, he was in the company of eastern european mercenaries who he met while doing contract security for Shell in Mayo.
                                                                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Terrible way for POC to finish. With POC, POM, Sexton and SOB casualties of Sunday we may have won the battle but lost the war. Was always going to be the risk of such an intense and bruising encounter. Argentina will have plenty more to offer where that came from on Sunday too...
                                                                                                                    Very Sad for POC. True legend of the sport. At least it's just a torn hamstring and not the ACL, so he should be playing again at some stage...for Toulon

Comment

Stickies were the Official IRA, SP, who were still active the ones while Eamon Gilmore was a member of The Workers Party.
                                                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Har har

The problem is the political ramifications of an actual PIRA member shooting a Garda (even in a non political / criminal scenario) would be huge. That was your default reaction yesterday even. So to pretend that the distinction is not important or mere semantics is nonsense. Indeed, the fact the Independent is skirting the lines with it is a testament to that reality.
                                                                                                                        I agree. The news reports said 'charged with IRA membership'. Hence the default reaction (I'm sure plenty of other people had the same reaction). If they could just rebrand as Bad IRA, everything would be so much simpler.

Good IRA criminals shooting each other in Belfast has very few political ramifications down here by contrast. Or the actual Chief of Staff of the Good IRA being tried in court as a common criminal (although it does tarnish the image of heroic freedom fighters).

This is why rebranding as 'Good IRA' is a smart move. Product differentiation is all-important in the crowded terrorist\freedom fighter market.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 13-10-15, 10:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                          Stickies were the Official IRA, SP, who were still active the ones while Eamon Gilmore was a member of The Workers Party.
                                                                                                                          See, they should rebrand as the Old but not Oldest IRA.

Then it would all be very clear.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X