Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitch you are the only person I've seen suggesting that the tax rebate will be counted towards the deposit - what is giving you that idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      That's actually what they want to happen. The Government is going to pay the 5% premium to encourage house builders to build moar.
      Yeah it's basically a developer's grant without the political stones to call it one

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        Hitch you are the only person I've seen suggesting that the tax rebate will be counted towards the deposit - what is giving you that idea?
        RTÉ seem to be saying it

The Scheme will apply to the purchase of newly built primary residences by first-time buyers from 19 July this year until the end of 2019.

Applicants must take out a mortgage of at least 80% of the purchase price of the house.

Any rebate received under the scheme will be reckoned in full in the calculation of the deposit required to be eligible for a mortgage under the Central Bank’s macro-prudential rules.
        I can't quite figure it out though.

Run the scenario of FTB having €14k for deposit. CBI rules mean that they can put this towards a €140k mortgage.
        However, they are also now entitled to a rebate of €7k. Which apparently is to be considered in coming to the deposit figure.
        Thus they now have €21k for deposit. CBI rules mean that they can put this towards a €210k mortgage.
        However they are also now entitled to a rebate of €10.5k (an additional €3.5k). Which apparently is to be considered in coming to their deposit figure.
        Thus they now have €24.5k for deposit..
        Last edited by Emmet; 11-10-16, 13:13.

Comment

That's interesting, I didn't think it had been put forward in those terms previously.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
              fucking shinners

They did it wrong, he needed to go in and ask to speak to the HR department of various companies on the list...

Then drop the cv's if he got no joy

The problem is the Irish "left" is overrun by mammies boy(d), daddy pays for everything, spoilt little fucktards
              hah exactly, fucker was 'looking for a bit of work', that's the kind of attitude you have interviewing just to make sure you get a stamp for the social saying you tried.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                Is it possible to get to see Louis Theroux's Scientology movie anywhere yet? A decent version ideally?
                up on SALTS (kodi addon) in 1080p
                watched it the other night....
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I wonder what the specifics of what constitutes a 'new builds' are. I presume there are unfinished builds hanging around for the last couple of years that could be polished off and count?

Comment

RTÉ seem to be saying it

I can't quite figure it out though.

Run the scenario of FTB having €14k for deposit. CBI rules mean that they can put this towards a €140k mortgage.
                    However, they are also now entitled to a rebate of €7k. Which apparently is to be considered in coming to the deposit figure.
                    Thus they now have €21k for deposit. CBI rules mean that they can put this towards a €210k mortgage.
                    However they are also now entitled to a rebate of €10.5k. Which apparently is to be considered in coming to their deposit figure.
                    The deposit is not really the limiting factor on peoples borrowings, thats the 3.5x income.

Using the rebate as a deposit means is that more people max out there deposit sooner and so add to the numbers ready to buy now while supply is still limited and thus drive up price while we wait for the new supply generated by this builders subsidy to come online.

That is my simplistic thoughts on using it for the deposit so surely it makes no sense to include it.

Comment

What a treat it would be to have bought a new build in the last 3 months. You just got the 'developer premium' from the Govt instead of them.

Comment

Give Tom Parlon his bonus.

Why do I hear that cnut on the radio when the 'housing crisis' is being discussed, when I should be listening to somebody from Focus Ireland?
                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

Was there any indication as to how the first-time buyer allowance would work for those who are in the process of purchasing. When it was announced it was made clear that it would be retrospective to the day of the announcement. So if I had obtained approval and singed a contract after the announcement, is it possible to claim the rebate after the purchase is complete?
                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

There was some capital spending review thing in there somewhere as well was there? Was listening but got distracted...

I presume it will be a committee for deciding what excuse to give for not investing in public transport to report back in the middle of next year yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                Was there any indication as to how the first-time buyer allowance would work for those who are in the process of purchasing. When it was announced it was made clear that it would be retrospective to the day of the announcement. So if I had obtained approval and singed a contract after the announcement, is it possible to claim the rebate after the purchase is complete?
                                Yes. Backdated to July I believe. Enjoy your free windfall!

What a treat it would be to have bought a new build in the last 3 months. You just got the 'developer premium' from the Govt instead of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                  There was some capital spending review thing in there somewhere as well was there? Was listening but got distracted...

I presume it will be a committee for deciding what excuse to give for not investing in public transport to report back in the middle of next year yeah?
                                  Donohoe: I’m announcing €58 billion in gross expenditure for 2017 – €53.5 billion in current day to day spending - equivalent to almost €11,500 for every man, woman and child in this country. €4.5 billion euro in capital spending. In total, this is an increase of €1.9 billion or 3.3%. This is at a time with the economy forecast to grow by over 4.5% in nominal terms.
                                  That's across all of the different aspects.

Doesn't look enough

Three weeks ago Michael Noonan and Paschal Donohoe told the Fine Gael think-in that they would introduce a €1 billion budget. Today, that has risen to a €1.3 billion budget, though because the increases in capital spending are smoothed out over a few years, in fiscal terms it is €1.2 billion. The total expenditure package is €905 million, of which €100 million is new capital spending. Tax reductions of €490 million, with €195 million of tax increases, leaving a net tax package of €295 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                    The answers to his question is all Hildog needs to play from now till the end

He didn't answer any of it, then takes a dig at her about allowing Chinese steel in

She points out he buys the steel off the Chinese (he goes quiet for first time) and she makes attempt at answering the question in that primed politico way of hers

Forgetting the rest of his bullhshit and her awfulness, that alone should be game over!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                      Give Tom Parlon his bonus.

Why do I hear that cnut on the radio when the 'housing crisis' is being discussed, when I should be listening to somebody from Focus Ireland?
                                      How would you fix the homeless crises? Just give every down and out drug addict there own house for free problem solved. Fact is many women see having a couple of kids and getting a council house beside there family as a god given right. Every second charity seems to be collecting for the homeless throwing money at does not seem to be working.

Comment

Donavans reef is on film4, it's a good life lesson!

Im gonna buy a bar on some tropical island
                                        Booze it up with some Lee Marvin type until I'm well into my 60's
                                        Then marry some wealthy socialite beaut in her early 30's, who comes on holiday and falls for me cause i'm the only eligible white man around

Solid 8.7/10 plan imo

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          What a snoozefest. I'm better off so marginally that it makes no difference.

sp's point is well made. Until we have a government with the balls to stand up for the silent majority of middle-class taxpayers, we'll continue to get reamed by the high tax\low service paradigm.
                                          Well could be worse if you make less than 50k the guys on the dole actually made more out of the give away budget than you....

Still not sure what the point in raising the inheritance allowance is but nice that patricide is now a more lucrative option, pretty much throwing money away by the govt imo but since people will be living in homes for longer they will end up needing to sell off all their assets before the end to cover the costs anyway so no big deal.

The options for what I will spend my new found wealth on are amazing. Will I bring my fiance out for dinner, buy part of an ipad or even get the car serviced if there are no parts required.

Its a bright future full of possibilities now that the pot of gold under the rainbow govt has been found.

Comment

There was a headline on the Indo about Mortgage Interest Relief being extended but can't find anything on it, I assume it is just referring to the increase in buy-to-let interest deductibility and not an extension of the actual MIR scheme for householders

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              hah exactly, fucker was 'looking for a bit of work', that's the kind of attitude you have interviewing just to make sure you get a stamp for the social saying you tried.

Comment

Jasas Flim 4, ye'd be the ruination of a young fells day

The Yank just got off the train in Castletown

& there was me about to go out

Sur suppose'n I'd better lie back down on the couch

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                  There was a headline on the Indo about Mortgage Interest Relief being extended but can't find anything on it, I assume it is just referring to the increase in buy-to-let interest deductibility and not an extension of the actual MIR scheme for householders
                                                  75% -> 80%

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                    Donavans reef is on film4, it's a good life lesson!

Im gonna buy a bar on some tropical island
                                                    Booze it up with some Lee Marvin type until I'm well into my 60's
                                                    Then marry some wealthy socialite beaut in her early 30's, who comes on holiday and falls for me cause i'm the only eligible white man around

Solid 8.7/10 plan imo
                                                    I keep remembering a really disturbing episode of an early living abroad C4 series called No Going Back. It was s01e02 and it is the only episode thats not easily available from the usual sources... I'll have a look for some other sources tonight.
                                                    Don't want to spoiler it for anyone who hasn't seen it but its definitely one of those TV moments that lives much longer in the memory than you'd want it to.
                                                    Decent read on the story on buzzfeed
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

75% -> 80%
                                                      No it's this I was on about:

"A couple more things on housing:
                                                      Firstly, Noonan says he is extending mortgage interest relief until 2020 (it was originally due to end in December 2017). However the full details of these won’t be released until next year."

Good old Mickey Noonan, that's an unexpected bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                        I'l have to make do with a €4,050 rebate on my Home Improvements instead.
                                                        Fuck off. Like you won't be paying cash for a 20%+ discount like everyone else!!
                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Well that's a relief then.

Also reassuring to see we have our top people on it.

Comment

Mini deplorable is adorable.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                              I'l have to make do with a €4,050 rebate on my Home Improvements instead.
                                                              I'm actually worse off next year due to my credit expiring.
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

How wrong of an assumption would it be to say most vegetarians are cheap?
                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                  Be a bit like saying Indians smell of curry.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                    Granola is shit expensive.
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 11-10-16, 16:14.

Comment

Comment

Anyone have any experience negotiating with phone companies?

A friend of mine ran up a 900euro bill over 3 months with Vodafone Malta. Contract is 37euro a month including 200mb of internet or so. It's 2euro per 100mb after that. There are some international calls and she's obv happy to pay the 37x3 and phone calls but has no idea what happened with the internet.
                                                                          Anyone know what they could agree to? I spoke to them now and they seemed very agreeable to come to an arrangement if she tells them she messed up and forgot to turn on wifi or whatever.

Comment

C'mon the town!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                              C'mon the town!
                                                                              Cork have beaten them the last few times.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                It's only tonight's result that matters.

Comment

What's everyone bitching about, free teeth cleaning is back, rolling

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                    It's only tonight's result that matters.
                                                                                    2-2 m8

Comment

I bought in April so will miss out unfortunately. Even it I had of being able to get it I have only been paying income tax for the last 1.5 years due to being in Sydney.

The scheme will provide first-time buyers with a rebate of income tax paid over the previous four tax years, up to 5% of the purchase price of a new home up to a value of €400,000.

So for Emmet, if you come back to Dublin next week and buy a house next month will you be eligible for nothing?

Comment

2-2 m8
                                                                                        I dont think Cork would complain about that

Comment

*****Shill Alert*****
                                                                                          Mrs DP trying to get this off the ground so a like, share and comment would be much appreciated.

Plus there are prizes!!

Thus ends the shill
                                                                                          Last edited by DeadParrot; 11-10-16, 18:50.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                            I bought in April so will miss out unfortunately. Even it I had of being able to get it I have only been paying income tax for the last 1.5 years due to being in Sydney.

The scheme will provide first-time buyers with a rebate of income tax paid over the previous four tax years, up to 5% of the purchase price of a new home up to a value of €400,000.

So for Emmet, if you come back to Dublin next week and buy a house next month will you be eligible for nothing?
                                                                                            Nada.

Fair enough imo.

Comment

2-2 m8
                                                                                              Halfway there anyway Chad.

DP, that's done. I got a good bit of support from here when my soccer team sponsor told us to get some likes so happy to return the favour. GL with it. Stuff looks cool anyway for stocking fillers

Comment

have england in my betting tonight, I obviously hate money

Comment

Hmmmm Q10s, AdQd or AA only in this hand?

Not me obv. Villain is Jeff Gross

Comment

Mon the town!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...390_71E8C65950
                                                                                                      WTF?

Comment

Sterling taking another nosedive again today.

Comment

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...390_71E8C65950
                                                                                                          Fold Pre

Comment

WTF?
                                                                                                            This * 23

Comment

WTF?
                                                                                                              Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                              Fold Pre
                                                                                                              Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              This * 23
                                                                                                              'Villian' had AA. Hero is this guy so a bit of a beast.

Comment

Couldn't do it tonight m8

Comment

Why can't he have AK?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                    Why can't he have AK?
                                                                                                                    Blockers ldo

Comment

'Villian' had AA. Hero is this guy so a bit of a beast.
                                                                                                                      He must have a shitload of history to work that out assuming he's not just playing scared with 270bb

Comment

Michael Noonan looks like he really needs to buy new suits that are smaller as he always looks like he picked up someone else's clothes.

Comment

have many here watched stranger things. heard it was good. watched a bit thought mahh but picked up again. have about 5 epsisodes watched now and i still dont know if i like it. but i dont not want to watch it either.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X