Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At my youngest sisters 30th in Whelans. Suddenly feel old.
    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

game o golf down the bog today. (3 birdies yey) I had to drive home hungry as their restaurant was chockka, so had a traditional fry up. Runny egg going down my cheeks as I bite on a sambo of pig bits some black from the pan burn , I can't help wonder what Chapter I'm on at the moment. Definitey not Chapter 1. Still though nom nom nom. That'll do pig.

Lazare, preach to me at a wedding about the makings of an eggocado and I'm coming at you with a napkin full of spat out melon

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        Whats this we're talking about?

Jessica Lang playing Frances Farmer in the early 80's was the hottest thing since Shirley McLaine in the apartment

It's not apparent from that picture, but there was something incredibly filthy about her (in a good way) in that.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
          Ah ok, I see!
          It's not so bad imo. Walking distance to some great pubs. Town, the Aviva, the coast

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
            average age at a view from the bridge was 90, felt like a baby. Was taking bets on audience survival. Only half the crowd could get up for standing ovation.
            Yeah, kinda feel like I am practicing for retirement sometimes with this theatre addiction.

Although I was at Shibboleth in the Peacock this evening. Very, er, energetic performance and a young enough audience.

It is ridiculous how far ahead of the game that the Gate generally is though. Hardly a coincidence that they and Chapter One are a stone's throw apart. Excellence breeding excellence and all that.

Did you enjoy the play? Must have been highly daring for its time. Have been saying 'he ain't right' an awful lot since.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

A good night all the same

Comment

If England had of kicked penalty for draw v Wales they would be through to QF

That must make them feel sick with their decision lol

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                  It's not apparent from that picture, but there was something incredibly filthy about her (in a good way) in that.
                  Oh no its completely apparent in that picture IMO
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    Yep, the BBC especially is vastly more biased than it is recognized for.
                    Not only that but they have torpedoed the credibility of their documentaries by dumbing them down neyond belief.
                    It crystallised for me a few years ago when they had that Horizon special presented by those smug doctor twins,one went on a high protein diet,one on a high sugar diet. They then tested to see how this would effect their stress levels while trading shares with play money. Hands down one of the stupidest things I've ever seen on tv

Comment

Someone mentioned enjoying the opening to season 2 of The Leftovers. Just finished it and it is a really strong opening episode. I have no idea what the fuck is going on but it is intriguing.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                        Someone mentioned enjoying the opening to season 2 of The Leftovers. Just finished it and it is a really strong opening episode. I have no idea what the fuck is going on but it is intriguing.

Opr
                        I just watched it and expressed the same sentiments to the other half. She replied " you said that after every episode of the last series".

Comment

Opr
                          For the first 10 minutes I had to check it was the leftovers. Some balls to start it like that.
                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Opr
                            I've a few thoughts on it but not in a typing place right now.
                            Lot of symbolism for the season in that ep
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Solks;
                              Program about Spike on BBC4

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                not in a typing place right now.

Comment

Started watching Rick And Morty last week. It's fucking brilliant. Surprised more people here aren't talking about, it's right up some of youses alleys.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                    Started watching Rick And Morty last week. It's fucking brilliant. Surprised more people here aren't talking about, it's right up some of youses alleys.
                                    Pfth, that's so last year dude.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      Although I was at Shibboleth in the Peacock this evening. Very, er, energetic performance and a young enough audience.
                                      Any good?

Didn't think Oedipus was too good, guy playing him was good until he had to be in despair and horror and then failed miserably, or actually didn't even bother trying.

Braved going out to Bray tonight to catch Amy Conroy's Luck Kissed You Hello (end of run) and it was brilliant, as all her stuff is. The second play this week that I ended up having to book twice to catch it.

Comment

Wife and I saw Shibboleth on Friday evening, definitely have mixed thoughts. Acting was strong by and large, story/theme wasn't as compelling.

I really enjoyed A View From The Bridge in the Gate but herself wasn't a fan at all. Enjoy the theatre experience as its usually good for getting a nice exchange of views going!

Comment

...Random question...what's people's opinion on ending messages to girls with x's, if your not actually seeing them?... Is it weird/wrong to do if she does it back, or would girls only do it in response to a guy?...

Comment

Z Nation delivers again

Not really a spoiler but better safe rather than sorry...

SPOILER

The 3 wise zombies was fuckin hilarious.

@5star, I have to say this is fast becoming one of my favourite shows.
                                            Last edited by pokerhand; 11-10-15, 04:36.
                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                              ...Random question...what's people's opinion on ending messages to girls with x's, if your not actually seeing them?... Is it weird/wrong to do if she does it back, or would girls only do it in response to a guy?...
                                              you ok hun? x
                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                  Not really a spoiler

SPOILER
                                                  Tell me more, is this your theory or a proven one ?

i do have a faint recollection of something along those lines being mentioned, something to connect them this season ?
                                                  SPOILER
                                                  somewhere near the end of freak show Pepper ends up in the Asylum from S2 at the time the blonde nun is in charge. The creative people have said it was all connected in an interview but I don't have a source for that
                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Come on you boys in blue!!

Today is the day!

Comment

Have a €30 free bet, any suggestions? (I'm not backing France shrapnel!)
                                                      Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 11-10-15, 07:53.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                        Toscanini 1425 Curragh. Free money!

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                          That'll do. Done, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                            Come on you boys in blue!!

Today is the day!
                                                            Hoping this post is enough to awaken the power of the mighty and vengeful BBV.
                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                              Some really strong, some not the best.

Each season is a complete entity, there is no "proper" order to watch them in really. The cast stays pretty much the same, that's the recurring theme, albeit in different roles. Jessica Lang is amazing, and hot for an auld one.

Start with S2 would be my advice, Asylum.
                                                              Just saw the 1st episode there. WTF am I watching?

Intruging I have to say, and can't believe Lang is that hot... But seriously WTF???
                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                Hoping this post is enough to awaken the power of the mighty and vengeful BBV.
                                                                I thought the power of the bbv was in running?

Comment

Shame, we're valooooooooeeee

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                    I thought the power of the bbv was in running?
                                                                    For you Shrap

Comment

That'll do. Done, thanks.
                                                                      Why would you put the money on the most corrupt sport going?

Bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                        you ok hun? x
                                                                        ...😁😁😁...thanks for the x, it means alot 😘...

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                          Brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post

Bleh
                                                                            He didn't specify that his investment needed to be morally or ethically based. It was a free bet from a bookmaker so I presume he has dabbled with the dark side before.

Comment

Should've gone for fofana first tryscorer. Free money

Comment

For all the small ball punters out there. Boyles have an offer on today's games. Bet €10 on first try scorer in the Ireland v France match and get a €10 free bet for first goalscorer in the Poland v Ireland match after.

Only on mobile.
                                                                                Last edited by dobby; 11-10-15, 10:15.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                  somewhere near the end of freak show Pepper ends up in the Asylum from S2 at the time the blonde nun is in charge. The creative people have said it was all connected in an interview but I don't have a source for that
                                                                                  Ah yes, i remembers now.
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                    Just saw the 1st episode there. WTF am I watching?

Intruging I have to say, and can't believe Lang is that hot... But seriously WTF???
                                                                                    Its the crazyness of it that i just love, embrace the madness.
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Bad news for labour in the UK

The true extent of Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell’s links with the IRA is revealed by a Telegraph investigation.
                                                                                      It can be disclosed that for seven years running, while the IRA “armed struggle” was at its height, Mr Corbyn attended and spoke at official republican commemorations to honour dead IRA terrorists, IRA “prisoners of war” and the active “soldiers of the IRA.”
                                                                                      The official programme for the 1988 event, held one week after the IRA murdered three British servicemen in the Netherlands, states that “force of arms is the only method capable of bringing about a free and united Socialist Ireland.” Mr Corbyn used the event to attack the Anglo-Irish Agreement, the precursor of the peace process.

He said it had resulted in no improvement in the lives of the people of Northern Ireland, adding: “It strengthens rather than weakens the border between the six and the 26 counties, and those of us who wish to see a united Ireland oppose the agreement for that reason.”

The editorial board of a hard-Left magazine, of which Mr Corbyn was a member, wrote an article praising the Brighton bombing. In its article on the IRA attack, which almost wiped out Margaret Thatcher’s Cabinet, the editorial board of London Labour Briefing said the atrocity showed that “the British only sit up and take notice [of Ireland] when they are bombed into it.”

According to an authoritative parliamentary reference work, Mr Corbyn was general secretary of the editorial board. He wrote the front-page story in the same issue of Briefing.

The same edition of Briefing, for December 1984, carried a reader’s letter praising the “audacity” of the IRA attack and stating: “What do you call four dead Tories? A start.”

It mocked Norman, now Lord, Tebbit, the trade secretary who was dug out of the rubble of the Grand Hotel, saying: “Try riding your bike now, Norman.”

It can also be revealed that in 2004 Mr McDonnell, now Labour’s shadow chancellor, was given a special award by Sinn Fein and another IRA-supporting body for the “unfailing political and personal support he has given to the republican community in the Six Counties over many years.”
                                                                                      ....Continued at the telegraph
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Free pass for the day

Off to town.....

Pints
                                                                                        Win
                                                                                        Grub & Pints
                                                                                        Win
                                                                                        Celebrate

COYBIG

PS - any tips the the Ceserwitch to pay for my day???
                                                                                        Last edited by Dice75; 11-10-15, 12:04.

Comment

Pp enhanced Ireland to beat France and Poland 8/1 COYBIG

Comment

Well if its free money....

Comment

Help needed, in lanzerotte and can't log into bet365 due to location, is there some sort of location blocker I can download to get around this....

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                                                Help needed, in lanzerotte and can't log into bet365 due to location, is there some sort of location blocker I can download to get around this....
                                                                                                Hola. Download through chrome.

Comment

Ran a shocker , sorry lads.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                    Free pass for the day

Off to town.....

Pints
                                                                                                    Win
                                                                                                    Grub & Pints
                                                                                                    Win
                                                                                                    Celebrate

COYBIG

Venezia 18/1 and Deor 20/1. Thats who ive backed. One of them is bound to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                      I just picked out but missed backing a 28/1 winner a few minutes ago by taking too long to log on

Anyway I have spent a bit of time looking at that race because we had Jennies entered but the rain never came for her.
                                                                                                      FWIW Western Boy could be the one if he handles the ground.

Pass the Hat at 33/1 isn't bad ew value in the big handicap chase in Limerick
                                                                                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 11-10-15, 14:20.

Comment

Tension building in me. 12 months ago I had hoped to be at the game in Cardiff and instead I'm in the office prepping for a very big day tmrw. Funny what happens to life plans...
                                                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Those of you running a NAS setup (newbie etc) my Synology DS414 is perfect for streaming content to my local network at home and it will play fine mostly on my phone when outside of the house but I'd like to be able to view content while travelling abroad so thinking about buying a secondary NAS that's good at transcoding HD content easily enough, opinions on a setup?
                                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post

Bleh
                                                                                                            Not biting... but I do suggest you look at a replay of the big handicap chase in Limerick today and then maybe call into McCormacks in Naas tonight and share your ignorance with Slippers Madden

Comment

Not biting... but I do suggest you look at a replay of the big handicap chase in Limerick today and then maybe call into McCormacks in Naas tonight and share your ignorance with Slippers Madden
                                                                                                              Scale of 1-10 how corrupt do you think it is?
                                                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                Scale of 1-10 how corrupt do you think it is?
                                                                                                                If you were to take Soccer as the yardstick of 10 then I'd say about 3 or 4.

Comment

One Time

Comment

One fucking time!

Comment

In the Absence of Kev we can probably ignore that the cricketers lost to Zimbabwe today.

Comment

Holy fuck that's some support in Cardiff! First time I ever got goosebumps for Ireland's call

Comment

If you were to take Soccer as the yardstick of 10 then I'd say about 3 or 4.
                                                                                                                          wow. . . .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X