Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Hilary getting wrecked.

Comment

What's that m8

Comment

It's the presidential forum commander-in-chief joint forum m8

Comment

This was one uninterrupted statement

'I have a very substantial chance of winning. I have a very substantial chance of winning. I have a very substantial chance of winning'.

Comment

"We're losing our jobs like we're a bunch of babies." -Donald Trump, 2016

How can you not love this guy?!

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                Sorry,

The question was 5/6=30 ---> get the whole number
                There is no answer. 5/6 doesn't equal 30. So every line after that is an error.
                As CourierCollie said, it's not an equation.

You are thinking of solve for x, but you forgot to put the X in somewhere.
                Putting the X in different places results in a different answer.

You solution would have been correct for;
                (x+5)/6 = 30
                x = 175

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                Yep.
                (30/5) x 6 = 36
                FD's solution is for;

(x)5/6 = 30
                x=36

The second one is usually what's implied. 5/6 of a something.... Depends on the context.
                But on its own 5/6=30 can't be solved.

If this was a question on an employee test. I'd imagine GFY is the right answer.

Comment

In hermitage clinic after hernia operation yesterday...woman in bed beside me has either dementiaor or alzhimers so there us a carer with her for the night...Jesus it is an awful illness...

Keeps waking up and asking what everything around her is...pyjamas table chair etc...or else wakes up screaming that the lights from the telly are after her....

Her carer went out to bathroom and she thought she was alone in room and started crying..I introduced myself and said it's okay she is not alone.

She asked me if I was here to bring her to heaven ...i said i wasn't...she said "that's a pity im ready to go for a long while now..

She's gone back asleep and im here crying. ...

Looking forward to going home for rest...but that's not til tomorrow double sigh

Tldr....i need a sleeping tablet STAT.....😷😷😷
                  Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Put your earphones back in ffs

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                      Let me the first to say, fuck you and the horse you rode in in.
                      Piss off.It's not like you ever use or rely on public transport , in your big high Audi tower.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                        Put your earphones back in ffs
                        Think she is being discharged today..feel like a child just found radio stations on telly

YIPPEE
                        Follow me in twitterland

Comment

We'll get bus out to visit you smurph...... oh wait.

Comment

Journal fact check reckons pretty much all the bus drivers' claims are true FWIW.

Comment

Anyone got any experience with anti motion sickness / sea sickness tablets?

Comment

The Audi tower is built on upon the moral high ground of having a responsible work position where I have no guarantees, assurances, safety nets or public service pension. It comes from a place where I do not get paid to come into work nor am I assured of payment right up to retirement just for turning up at my desk.

Believe it or not in the real world I and many others get paid to achieve results. If I achieve results I have a basis for a pay claim or a bonus, if I don't I will get the opportunity to update my CV and worry about where my next job will come from.

I get nothing for turning up and crying foul looking for more just because the guys in the office across the road got something which in turn gives me a self righteous sense of entitlement.
                                Póg mo thón. You live in tracksuits and drink cider. And what a self righteous rant anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                  GF bought some when we went on a cruise earlier this year. 1 a day jobbies.
                                  Wine, whiskey and cocktails all day, didn't get sick. 70% of the time they work everytime

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

my son suffers really badly from this and gets car/boat/plane sick. We bought those accupressure bracelets and they worked for him.

Comment

Theresa May has decided inadvertently arming Isis through arming he asad regime because they were too reluctant to send ground troops to help a dodgy regime in defeating soemhing worse was a good idea. And Isis then capturing these after taking Syrian territory really worked out. And she has decided to do this again with the Saudis. No arms will end up in the hands of Isis I am certain. I mean no money from Saudi charities has ended up funding Isis....has it...no it's all whiter than white. She is selling arms to Saudi some of which will end up in the hands of ISIS just like in Syria because putting weapons in unstable regions is a good idea. YEAH lets arm terrorists then give out when their refugees need to run here. that goes for the US too they did it in Syria now they are selling arms to the saudis the amount of 60 billion!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOTTA GET THAT OIL BLING DOLLAR

IDIOTS YEAH ...SLOW CLAP

nantly
                                        Last edited by Guest; 08-09-16, 08:13.

Comment

IPB looking spicy today...
                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            Seriously? You read that factcheck and thought 'that sounds right'?
                                            annual report is here (naturally available in both English and Irish )

so, they 'made' €10m in 2015 but of course this was on the back of the Public Service Obligation payment of €60m (that would be direct subvention from the taxpayer)

so, with an actual underlying loss of €50m, on revenue of €228m, the employees are demanding a pay increase of 15%

let us bear in mind that Payroll and related costs are already €172m - eating up 75% of revenue.

By Comparison, TfL has a wages\revenue ratio of 36%.

Based on the above, I think 'GTFO' is a reasonable response.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Absolute madness out there on the roads in Dublin CC. It's incomparable (Although i'm doing it) the difference between a Dublin Bus stoppage and a Luas Strike.

Comment

Not really. This isn't spicy ...I am being bland. I am bland and boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

so, they 'made' €10m in 2015 but of course this was on the back of the Public Service Obligation payment of €60m (that would be direct subvention from the taxpayer)

so, with an actual underlying loss of €50m, on revenue of €228m, the employees are demanding a pay increase of 15%

let us bear in mind that Payroll and related costs are already €172m - eating up 75% of revenue.

umkay not that boring

Comment

Fact Check article here - http://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-bus-...67501-Sep2016/

All of those statements can indeed be totally true and support a pay increase. A pay increase has indeed been offered.

That pay increase was recommended by the Labour Court on foot of all of that information and more.

That decision was rejected by workers
                                                    The dispute arose after Dublin Bus unions rejected a Labour Court recommendation of a general 8.25% pay award for all its 3,364 employees over three years (or 2.75% per year) without productivity change
                                                    who instead are looking for almost double the increase that the (mostly) independent arbitrator recommended
                                                    However, the company calculates that the 15% sought by the unions would cost at least €50 million, which it says it simply cannot afford.
                                                    This is LUAS 2.0, except in this case I don't believe that we have staff on over-inflated salaries to begin with in fairness.

Why have the Labour Court if workers simply reject any findings that they don't like? (Halligan & Waterford hospital spring to mind).

Labour Court's job is to take cases like this, where there is a gap that cannot be bridged between workers' demands and employer's wishes. They recommend a fair increase based upon the information supplied by both parties. Do we not respect the court's ability to do so?

Comment

bye losers stay dishonest! xx remember who loves ya!

Comment

What are the wages of bus drivers here like compared to other capitals? Having one service provider is pretty crippling.

Of course doing it with no fare would work. "It didn't work last time" - could have just kept going. The galling thing to me is people taking a job knowing conditions then striking about said conditions, and only because somebody else did it (who frankly were even more ridiculous to do it). That's bollocks.

I took the luas today, tried to say thanks to the driver but he was in a glass house ignoring me, the wanker. :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                          This is LUAS 2.0, except in this case I don't believe that we have staff on over-inflated salaries to begin with in fairness.
                                                          if you're expending 75% of revenue on payroll costs, then you have a big fucking problem - in any organisation.

Comment

The Audi tower is built on upon the moral high ground of having a responsible work position where I have no guarantees, assurances, safety nets or public service pension. It comes from a place where I do not get paid to come into work nor am I assured of payment right up to retirement just for turning up at my desk.

Believe it or not in the real world I and many others get paid to achieve results. If I achieve results I have a basis for a pay claim or a bonus, if I don't I will get the opportunity to update my CV and worry about where my next job will come from.

I get nothing for turning up and crying foul looking for more just because the guys in the office across the road got something which in turn gives me a self righteous sense of entitlement.
                                                            Meh, I'm the same, still reckon my job's a hell of a lot easier than driving for Dublin Bus all day.
                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 08-09-16, 08:53.

Comment

Comment

Would be great to see everyone getting a decent pay - having enough to live a decent life, treat the family etc. Its just that when the means of getting this is through clear bullying of the public who have to pay for your pay rise, then you'd be strongly moved towards the 'fcuk you' side of the debate.
                                                                Desperate measures? Only way them up top listen.

Sure the walk will do the people good

Comment

Seriously? You read that factcheck and thought 'that sounds right'?

What type of lameass 'factchecking' is that that they can't even distinguish between correlation and causation? How exactly did bus drivers achieve this - did they drive faster? Could it perhaps be that higher fares, lower fuel, economic recovery, played 99%+ of the role in generating the surplus.
                                                                  You're right of course, that headline claim and the justification for it sticks out as very flimsy. I was half asleep reading it in my defence, but came away with the feeling that it didn't sound like the most unjustified claim for an increase.

Having said that, this is my first foray into reading about the issue and Emmet's post above seems pretty reasonable to me.

I think from previous iterations of this debate the main argument for privatisation is (as always) improved efficiency, while the argument against is that there are many routes which are loss-making but important for people along them - is that the jist?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                    Meh, I'm the same, still reckon my job's a hell of a lot easier than driving for Dublin Bus all day.
                                                                    I agree with you Denny to a very large extent. On any given day my job is also easier than bus driving.

But that's why I washed windows, stacked library shelves, worked security gigs, worked in restaurants etc. etc. and why my folks worked so hard so together we could afford to pay for the education and training for years and years. And then following that formal education I push myself on an ongoing basis to get additional qualifications, produce extra work and make the effort to hussle additional business over the 16 years of my "official" career...

The harder you work the luckier you get I guess.

Edit: I was delighted with myself the other day when we won a new bit of a business with a very prestigious client and feeling lucky that it came our way as we were an underdog in the tender process. Then I remembered I was up until 5.00am a few weeks ago working on a different tender submission that got rejected via a PFO email without even the courtesy of a call to explain how we could improve the next time. Meh.

I'd hate to be relying on Unions and group agreements for my negotiated pay but when you go into those working environments it comes with the territory. Plus the dublin bus driver pay is low in an expensive city....

I have splinters in my ass from all this fence siting...
                                                                    Last edited by V for Vendetta; 08-09-16, 09:33.
                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                      GF bought some when we went on a cruise earlier this year. 1 a day jobbies.
                                                                      Wine, whiskey and cocktails all day, didn't get sick. 70% of the time they work everytime
                                                                      Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                      my son suffers really badly from this and gets car/boat/plane sick. We bought those accupressure bracelets and they worked for him.
                                                                      Thanks guys. I had a pretty lousy experience the other day sailing between two of the islands in the Seychelles. We're due to spend a week on a yacht in the Aegean in a couple of weeks which is meant to be fairly calm, but don't want to take any chances of spending the trip hurling over the railings.

Any idea Mellor which particular type of medicine your girlfriend used?

I find it hard to believe that those wristbands have anything other than a placebo effect surely?

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 08-09-16, 09:35.

Comment

I find it hard to believe that those wristbands have anything other than a placebo effect surely?
                                                                          We binked the worst crossing of the year to Roscoff a couple of years back and all they had was those yokes on the ship. Spent about 30 quid on getting them for everyone...useless!

Any tablets where the active ingredient is hyoscine hydrobromide should fix you up.

Comment

I had a pretty lousy experience the other day sailing between two of the islands in the Seychelles.
                                                                            My heart bleeds for you
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Thanks guys. I had a pretty lousy experience the other day sailing between two of the islands in the Seychelles. We're due to spend a week on a yacht in the Aegean in a couple of weeks which is meant to be fairly calm, but don't want to take any chances of spending the trip hurling over the railings.

There's your problem...

I suffer with seasickness pretty badly but find Kalms and other motion sickness tablets do the job perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                Tis true.

I work for myself. In solidarity with Fiery Wasabi & all the poor bus drivers and what with payday being tomorrow I have decided to give myself a 25% pay increase on the back of increased revenue (and also to stick it to the man, me)

Comment

...

Comment

€1bn - 10y @ 0.33%

Why are Noonan / Ross / Coveney / Donohoe not at EU headquarters today begging for allowances to turn this 'free money' into capital investment plans that are sorely needed in Ireland? Dublin's housing issues... Public transport issues.... Maybe even that Business Park in Athlone (nah not this).

Not borrowing to spend on wage inflation. Borrowing to build Ireland.Inc.

Devil's advocate says that it's not fair to simply pretend that our borrowing is for capital investment when we are still indeed running a deficit and have pressure on public sector wages once again...
                                                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 08-09-16, 09:53.

Comment

possibly, but accupuncture and accupressure works for a lot of people,no point dismissing it entirely until you know if it works for you or not. The fact those bands only cost a couple of quid means it's worth a try regardless.

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                      We binked the worst crossing of the year to Roscoff a couple of years back and all they had was those yokes on the ship. Spent about 30 quid on getting them for everyone...useless!

those bracelets actually worked for my son for car sickness. i doubt they would be too much help for a bad sea crossing, but neither would medication. hurler gonna hurl regardless.

Comment

I had the same bands for morning sickness and I don't think it is just a placebo. The little button has to be on a certain vein for it to work.

My daughter had bad travel sickness and we got her sturgeon and other tablets and they worked out great for her. You will get sick if you keep worrying about being sick though!

Get the tablets as you will see the bands and check the time before use for different makes of tablets as some require 2 hours before hand. But if you are on a boat for a week then maybe have the bands in case. Take the tablets before you get up out of bed and maybe sleep with the bands on.

I have never had any form of travel sickness thank god, bad enough been terrified of flying without getting sick too!

Comment

Just on travel,

I am flying next Thursday to Scotland and when we moved to Malta in June I had set up the Ryanair family account. Didn't get the benefit until today. Checking in and boarding passes were a dream.

No need to get out my passport, all the details are there and all I had to do was confirm each of us and that was it.

A piece of beauty it is now.

Comment

Finished The Night Of. Solid recommendation Honda. Started The Night Manager last night and thought first episode was fantastic.

Comment

I dunno lads. Motion sickness is down to fluid movement in your inner ear. How something pressing on your wrist affects that escapes me.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                I dunno lads. Motion sickness is down to fluid movement in your inner ear. How something pressing on your wrist affects that escapes me.
                                                                                                What about morning sickness

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Not going to overly defend Dub Bus after having to walk 40 minutes to Castleknock Train Station and then take a Dublin bike from Docklands to Leeson Street.

But I don't think Dublin Bus and TfL are a fair comparison for salaries/revenue for a myriad of reasons. A Dublin bus is one waged driver ferrying around somewhere between 30 and 100 people, whereas a Tube train is one waged driver carrying somewhere between 300 and 900 people.
                                                                                                  You just can't compete with that.

You'd need to see the salary/revenue breakdown purely for the bus side of the TfL operation.

Comment

Help needed (looking at RichieM in particular but anyone really).

Finishing 500 words on why I am right for a job. Happy enough with the bulk of it, just the ending having problems with.

Have said something like this at the end but don't know how to finish it "The diverse knowledge I have gained in the areas of a, b, c and d will allow ....."

any help appreciated

Comment

MrsF, are you playing the 2nd WW game on boards? I had a look at the dead chat forum to see what they said about us. I'd love to see those PM's we apparently sent each other

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

Finishing 500 words on why I am right for a job. Happy enough with the bulk of it, just the ending having problems with.

Have said something like this at the end but don't know how to finish it "The diverse knowledge I have gained in the areas of a, b, c and d will allow ....."

any help appreciated

Comment

Is youtube the only real option for uploading videos to share here?

Comment

Also not going to defend the strikers and Martins comment about money for junkets makes me want to pull my hair out
                                                                                                            BUT
                                                                                                            We have, regrettably, already started down the slippery slope and I don't see how it is going to be possible to get DB drivers to work for much less than the now overpaid luas drivers.

The 75% of revenue going on wages comment is of zero relevance as a standalone statistic in a subvented community system where unprofitable routes must be run except to tell us that the subvention is obviously way too small.

We are such pisspoor amateurs at public transport
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                                              Theresa May has decided inadvertently arming Isis through arming he asad regime because they were too reluctant to send ground troops to help a dodgy regime in defeating soemhing worse was a good idea. And Isis then capturing these after taking Syrian territory really worked out. And she has decided to do this again with the Saudis. No arms will end up in the hands of Isis I am certain. I mean no money from Saudi charities has ended up funding Isis....has it...no it's all whiter than white. She is selling arms to Saudi some of which will end up in the hands of ISIS just like in Syria because putting weapons in unstable regions is a good idea. YEAH lets arm terrorists then give out when their refugees need to run here. that goes for the US too they did it in Syria now they are selling arms to the saudis the amount of 60 billion!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOTTA GET THAT OIL BLING DOLLAR

IDIOTS YEAH ...SLOW CLAP

nantly
                                                                                                              So sending guns means they'll end up in the hands of ISIS.
                                                                                                              But sending people with guns means the terrorists will play nice and go away.

Sounds legit

Comment

Is youtube the only real option for uploading videos to share here?
                                                                                                                That or Twitter if it's a short video but you're then linking your Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                                  That or Twitter if it's a short video but you're then linking your Twitter.
                                                                                                                  How's the pup?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

any help appreciated
                                                                                                                    finish up with something that joins your goals with theirs

i.e. something that makes the hiring manager think you are perfect for him\her (and not in fact a drink-addled Kerryman who will spend all day surfing the net )

Comment

Better a Shawkshank Redemption Ending IMO

Thats all the bullshit I have to spout and if thats not enough suck my hairy balls or something to that effect,

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                                        Better a Shawkshank Redemption Ending IMO

Thats all the bullshit I have to spout and if thats not enough suck my hairy balls or something to that effect,
                                                                                                                        You were asking about podcasts - give 'You are not so smart' a go, I think you might like it.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                          MrsF, are you playing the 2nd WW game on boards? I had a look at the dead chat forum to see what they said about us. I'd love to see those PM's we apparently sent each other
                                                                                                                          Hey there, no I am not playing the 2nd game. I did read the dead chat though lol. Paranoia is a bitch!

The guy who had it in for me doesn't look to be playing this one either. He did apologise on thread but I didn't respond.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X