• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. Nice marking Serbia.

Comment

Poxed.

Group I looking tight there AJ, gl.

Comment

Have had hiccups for over 3 hours now. Fuck my life.
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
          Boo.

Comment

Accidently bought a bottle of white wine. Might as well be meths.
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I see The Donald agrees to 3 live debates, should be fun.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

The sports gene - David Epstein. Fascinating stuff about the "effects of genetics and sports training on human athleticism"

Comment

Class book alright. Everyone with an interest in spirt should read it.

Comment

Would take 2-2 pre match.

Day 2 and well on target to be making money in the all in.

Sunburnt to bits and attacked by a dog, only event's to report so far.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                      Boo.
                      Get upside down. Brother in law swears by it. If he's in a pub he'll stroll over to the nearest wall and stand on his head for a minute. Quite a sight tbh
                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

The Beauty Queen of Leenane is playing down here next month, worth a trip ??
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                          The Beauty Queen of Leenane is playing down here next month, worth a trip ??
                          Yes, yes, yes. Wonderful play, being done by Ireland's best theatre company, and a cast of Marie Mullen, Aisling O’Sullivan, Marty Rea and Aaron Monaghan. Should be brilliant.

This advice also applies to Dubliners when it hits the Gaiety in mid-October.

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                          If it's still going on or happens again there is a way that works to get rid of them:

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                            Yes, yes, yes. Wonderful play, being done by Ireland's best theatre company, and a cast of Marie Mullen, Aisling O’Sullivan, Marty Rea and Aaron Monaghan. Should be brilliant.
                            Cheers, booked.

I was blown away by The Plough And The Stars earlier in the year and promised myself i would do it more often.
                            Last edited by oleras; 05-09-16, 23:08.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                              Yeah I'm really enjoying it so far. Some fascinating stories

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                The sports gene - David Epstein. Fascinating stuff about the "effects of genetics and sports training on human athleticism"
                                Cliffs?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                  Cliffs?
                                  Talks about how our genes influence what we excel at, people missing certain genes can develop muscle faster, possess better vo2max, reflexes are generally the same but the person with 20/10 vs 20/20 vision will be much better at baseball as can identify the seam on the ball a lot quicker. Africans are better runners due to short torsos long limbs, opposite for europeans as makes us better swimmers. How different people deal with pain etc.

Goes into nature versus nurture as well, talks about the 10,000 hour dedicated practice theory that was brought up a while ago. How specialization in youth sports can be good for certain sports but bad for others, difference between Olympic level talent and very good talent.

It's diverse and interesting and well worth a read if you have time.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Lol
                                      Great book but I was left underwhelmed by the end
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        That sports book sounds great
                                        It really is. Coupled it with a nueroeconomics/decision making coursera course as prepping for new job on Monday.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 06-09-16, 06:51.

Comment

This is an amazing picture
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Must have been watching McGoat staredown videos before hand

Comment

Comment

Somehow there's an insect inside the screen of my monitor. Driving me crazy. It's not malware either!

Comment

That sports book sounds great.

/ in unrelated news, they redid all the toilets in the uni over the summer and they're all now gender-neutral, as in anyone can use any bathroom. Seems a way better idea as there's much more toilets to choose from. You'd wonder why toilets are generally still segregated except that 100 years ago men and women weren't allowed to be seen in public together. Read a story that 'back in the day' Yale and Harvard both gave as the reason why they couldn't allow women into their law school was because they didn't have any women's toilets.

Well that's my deep thought / observation of the day done
                                                    GTFO,like I want to bump into the office hottie/female superior after loudly giving birth to The Thing in one of the cubicles . French are clearly savages

Comment

Must have been watching McGoat staredown videos before hand
                                                      Obama has the height and reach, but he's giving up a few kilos to Vlad.
                                                      No contest imo

Comment

Talks about how our genes influence what we excel at, people missing certain genes can develop muscle faster, possess better vo2max, reflexes are generally the same but the person with 20/10 vs 20/20 vision will be much better at baseball as can identify the seam on the ball a lot quicker. Africans are better runners due to short torsos long limbs, opposite for europeans as makes us better swimmers. How different people deal with pain etc.

Goes into nature versus nurture as well, talks about the 10,000 hour dedicated practice theory that was brought up a while ago. How specialization in youth sports can be good for certain sports but bad for others, difference between Olympic level talent and very good talent.

It's diverse and interesting and well worth a read if you have time.
                                                        Sounds right up my street tbh.
                                                        Will check it out.

Comment

Somehow there's an insect inside the screen of my monitor. Driving me crazy. It's not malware either!
                                                          Open the debugger
                                                          haw

Comment

Comment

Comment

Bit of an idea for a competition there*, like that Music Kings one we did. One-on-one duels between posters to post the best image for a particular category. Votes from everyone else select the winner who gets through to the next round.

*I'd volunteer to mod, but that would be Pointless
                                                                Rasta was a great man for the Music Kings, I miss those.

Comment

The assasination of Anwar Sadat (Egyptian president) in 1981. Powerful pic...
                                                                  Done by the Egyptian Islamic Jihad, whose original primary goal was to overthrow the Egyptian Government and replace it with an Islamic state.
                                                                  Some say the forerunners of todays cunce

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                    Rasta was a great man for the Music Kings, I miss those.
                                                                    lol, so do i. Was actually thinking of checking out interest for a new one, but as you brought it up, fire it up dude!!!

Comment

Does this work for others? Can you click play and it plays the song? Confused as to what's actually happening!

The Fretless

Comment

Obama has the height and reach, but he's giving up a few kilos to Vlad.
                                                                        No contest imo
                                                                        Putin's a black belt Judoka too. Armbar finish in the first.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                          lol, so do i. Was actually thinking of checking out interest for a new one, but as you brought it up, fire it up dude!!!
                                                                          I graciously nominate you

Comment

Bit of an idea for a competition there*, like that Music Kings one we did. One-on-one duels between posters to post the best image for a particular category. Votes from everyone else select the winner who gets through to the next round.

*I'd volunteer to mod, but that would be Pointless
                                                                            I'm in, categories like sport, nature, people, rock n'roll, engineering etc?

Comment

...

Comment

Sounds right up my street tbh.
                                                                                Will check it out.
                                                                                Has a pretty interesting chapter where it explores opinion from the 80's where people thought women would overtake men in athletics and explains why it never will happen. Also discusses the caster semanyas and Cathy Freeman's of the worl as well

Comment

...

Comment

I'm on a posting spree today.

Japanese translator just came back from visiting family back home and brought me back one of their erasing pens. If anyone gets the chance to visit there you should stock up on these and sell them where you can.

Comment

I'm on a posting spree today.

Japanese translator just came back from visiting family back home and brought me back one of their erasing pens. If anyone gets the chance to visit there you should stock up on these and sell them where you can.

https://youtu.be/y8RgGHwxjPE
                                                                                      you can find these everywhere fwiw.

Comment

...

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                            I want to buy myself a fountain pen - I don't quite want a Mont Blanc so can anybody recommend a decent one in the €20 - €40 range?
                                                                                            http://www.jml.sg/index.php/classic-pen-set.html#.U06nw_mSy4E

Fond memories of the Penalli Pen set ad. They appear to have dropped the Penalli name though

Comment

I want to buy myself a fountain pen - I don't quite want a Mont Blanc so can anybody recommend a decent one in the €20 - €40 range?
                                                                                              Check out this site. In particular the guides are fabulous and the price points seem very reasonable.

I'm going to pull the trigger on a few things soon myself but the independent online reviews on various pen forums for this site are very good.
                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

it really depends how you write as that'll determine the thickness of the nib you require, but very good quality medium range fountain pens would be parker, sheaffer, or waterman imo. (in France, it's compulsory to write with a fountain pen in school, so we really like our fountain pens )

Comment

I used to have to write with one in primary school. Fucking disaster for lefties!

Comment

I used to have to write with one in primary school. Fucking disaster for lefties!
                                                                                                    lefty here as well, so is my eldest. i ended up writing from underneath, whereas he's gone over the top and basically writes upside down.

Comment

I did neither and just supplied all of my work with go faster stripes.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                        Check out this site. In particular the guides are fabulous and the price points seem very reasonable.

I'm going to pull the trigger on a few things soon myself but the independent online reviews on various pen forums for this site are very good.
                                                                                                        I know its ironic I'm writing this on a minority interest forum but "pen forums"

Edit - googled it, shitloads of them, like this one - Fountain Pens for Geeks... http://www.fpgeeks.com/forum/

I see.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Dice75; 06-09-16, 10:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                          Does this work for others? Can you click play and it plays the song? Confused as to what's actually happening!

The Fretless
                                                                                                          The play button opens it in spotify web for me

Nice tune, sounds like they are Scottish

Edit: Oh they are Canadian, I like this version of O'Carolan's they call Hewletts very sweet sound.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 06-09-16, 11:19.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

lefty here as well, so is my eldest. i ended up writing from underneath, whereas he's gone over the top and basically writes upside down.
                                                                                                            Never got the hook hand bit myself, write underneath too

You get abuse off other lefties for not shaping your hand like Christie's foot?

Comment

Trip report:

Monday, Sligo, place empty apart from a few pubs, I go to 4

First 3, all craft on tap and all 3 have live bands playing, including Shemie O'Dowd in one and a band who tours in another.

4th pub open til 2:30

Small empty town with more night life than half of London

Comment

98% of everything I write is on a computer 90% of the 2% is with the only really useful writing implement, a pencil.

(in France, it's compulsory to write with a fountain pen in school, so we really like our fountain pens )
                                                                                                                Fountain pens LOL

As RDIII says yiz are fuckin savages
                                                                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 06-09-16, 11:33.
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

If this runs again, I won't include any pioneering Dutch DJ-Hip Hop-metal

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    98% of everything I write is on a computer 90% of the 2% is with the only really useful writing implement, a pencil.

Fountain pens LOL
                                                                                                                    Sur you already got your free fountain pen off Michael Parkinson

Comment

I did neither and just supplied all of my work with go faster stripes.
                                                                                                                      The struggle lives on

Comment

As of today my 4 day a week binge drinking habit is no longer frowned upon but actively encouraged. I'm the top man on campus

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X