X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
    @Keane - Cheapo tablet with excellent screen resolution

Discussed here - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/chuw...indows-2296754

I decided to purchase a tablet for when I'm out with my GoPro and need to check my footage. It turns out to be quite a nice piece of kit and it comes package...

Order via mobile app for 10% off too apparently
    Hope it's a lot better than this piece of shit you suggested, a few months ago http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o04_s00

Curiosity got the better of me, and it was just incredibly bad. Random battery dying, wifi disconnecting seemingly randomly, many common apps not compatible. Screen not even good enough to use as a picture frame.
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
      So we won? Klopp is Liverpool manager? Is this real life?

Opr
      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
        Hope it's a lot better than this piece of shit you suggested, a few months ago http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o04_s00

Curiosity got the better of me, and it was just incredibly bad. Random battery dying, wifi disconnecting seemingly randomly, many common apps not compatible. Screen not even good enough to use as a picture frame.
        I think I have one of them somewhere too...

Gambling with the cheapo stuff! That one a loss. I think the youtube video nerds are v helpful usually though. I've never been interested in videoing myself opening things, but lots of people do it.

Comment

I think I have one of them somewhere too...

Gambling with the cheapo stuff! That one a loss. I think the youtube video nerds are v helpful usually though. I've never been interested in videoing myself opening things, but lots of people do it.
          You can now buy me cake and things to take apart at:- https://www.patreon.com/bigcliveFor licensing/usage please contact: licensing(at)jukinmedia.comA revie...
          airport, lol

Comment

The apparent Irish team v France that is doing the rounds based on an article by Murray Kinsella. Some big calls..

SPOILER

15. Rob Kearney
            14. Tommy Bowe
            13. Jared Payne
            12. Robbie Henshaw
            11. Dave Kearney
            10. Johnny Sexton
            9. Conor Murray
            1. Cian Healy
            2. Rory Best
            3. Mike Ross
            4. Devin Toner
            5. Paul O’Connell (captain)
            6. Peter O’Mahony
            7. Sean O’Brien
            8. Jamie Heaslip

Replacements:
            16. Sean Cronin
            17. Jack McGrath
            18. Nathan White
            19. Iain Henderson
            20. Chris Henry
            21. Eoin Reddan
            22. Ian Madigan
            23. Luke Fitzgerald

Henshaw on the bench. No Earls or Zebo in the 23.
            The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Jesus Poland equaliser was an absolute jokeshop fluke with the last kick of the game

Comment

Seems legit

No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Was in a pub watching the last 20 mins, a massive roar went up when the 2-2 final result went up for the Scotland game

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                    There is a lot to be said for working in physical labouring jobs in your early formative years and negotiating your own pay. Life lessons which are invaluable. When you burst your balls picking stones out of a field or footing turf you soon lose the shyness about asking for what you are worth.

We raise kids these days to get gold stars and leaving cert points which leads to employees obsessed with doing a "good job" and getting a strong end of year review. God bless them though as they leave so much behind to be disbursed to the hungry.
                    This attitude is astounding and it is pervasive here in Canada. Game Theory wise its awesome for a bullish, hugely obnoxious Irishman with leverage, but in terms of the overall population of workers its crazy heavily favoured on the side of the employees.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                    You lose that pretty fast working, I don't know how people don't.. When I went into my first meeting as a grad and they offered me 3% increase "as big raises aren't really done here" and I asked for more it was fecking hard to do but I wanted more so I looked them in the eye and did. It worked anyway and now I don't even have to ask. What do people think the worst that can happen is? What are they waiting for?

I saw a developer working 6 years on like 22k, somebody I know has been working as an architects assistant for 2 years in the UK, still on 15k! (got a £200 bonus lol). i would take it as a failing in an employee to not be pushing.

Such an irish thing, even grads strongly negotiate in the US etc and they get paid FAR more than us.
                    I always reject the first offer. Always. There is no downside and the real and implied benefits are massive.

Slightly related ; mate of mine was laid off from his Oil and Gas company yesterday - they offered him what I'd consider to be a derisory enough payoff, think he gets 6 weeks plus a week in lieu.

I advised he write a polite letter firstly asking them to outling the reason for and also refusing their offer of contract termination - stating years employed, exemplary employment record, projects completed etc etc and outlining that he felt the offer was too small.

I don't see any downside to this either, he knows they want rid as they are cashflow poor so they wont rescind his current offer, and he also knows he holds the stronger hand as they are terminating his contract without cause.

He hummed and hawed and signed on the dotted line 3 hours later.
                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

@Keane - Cheapo tablet with excellent screen resolution

Discussed here - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/chuw...indows-2296754

I decided to purchase a tablet for when I'm out with my GoPro and need to check my footage. It turns out to be quite a nice piece of kit and it comes package...

Order via mobile app for 10% off too apparently

Nice one. Thanks for thinking of me.

Comment

BBV Help Please!Recommendation for a group trip of 15+ abroad, lads & lassies, done Prague, Amsterdam & Barcelona in the last few years I've organised it. 2 other people in the group have organised the other few we've done and they've been terrible.double whiskeys after the match bought and got begged to take the reins again. Place has to have a pretty decent nightlife obv and no more than 4 hours away. I was thinking Budapest or Istanbul but don't know if that's just the whiskey talking...
                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                          This attitude is astounding and it is pervasive here in Canada. Game Theory wise its awesome for a bullish, hugely obnoxious Irishman with leverage, but in terms of the overall population of workers its crazy heavily favoured on the side of the employees.

I always reject the first offer. Always. There is no downside and the real and implied benefits are massive.
                          Would rejecting first offers of raises be the done thing? I've never pushed back on the ones I've got. Curious as I have my yearly evaluation next week, always got what I thought was a good/great bump every year.

Wasn't really expecting the same this year with the economy here.

Also have mates here in Canada that work stupid hours to me, 45/50+ hours a week, will be out having drinks and will have to leave to go back to the office, have to work weekends, have to bring their work laptop on holidays all the time, no overtime etc etc. These are the guys who can't shut work off in their head.

Fuck that, I leave the office, I'm not checking emails, I'm not coming back, I'm not thinking about or even going to discuss work.

I work 8-4.30 (Mon-Thurs) and 8-12/2 on Friday. That's with a '30 minute break' and I've never seen anyone take that small of a break. Nobody is in before 8am and nobody stays later than 12/2/4.30. I've even got given days off, 'Lads it's a long weekend and the weather looks good, take Friday off as well'.
                          Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 09-10-15, 00:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                            BBV Help Please!Recommendation for a group trip of 15+ abroad, lads & lassies, done Prague, Amsterdam & Barcelona in the last few years I've organised it. 2 other people in the group have organised the other few we've done and they've been terrible.double whiskeys after the match bought and got begged to take the reins again. Place has to have a pretty decent nightlife obv and no more than 4 hours away. I was thinking Budapest or Istanbul but don't know if that's just the whiskey talking...
                            Berlin. Cheap and class nightlife
                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                              Lisbon or Madrid, haven't been to either in long time but surely can't have become shite in interim.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                somebody I know has been working as an architects assistant for 2 years in the UK, still on 15k! (got a £200 bonus lol)
                                I'm not too familiar with cost of living in the UK. But that looks shocking.
                                Note to self, the UK is not an option if I ever go back

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                  Lisbon or Madrid, haven't been to either in long time but surely can't have become shite in interim.
                                  Madrid was organised by one of the other people. We were a good 30 mins from everything which didn't help but it is a class city when done right. Never thought of Lisbon cheers
                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Well played the O'Neill's. Michael and Martin making it a great night for Irish football.

Lets hope no repeat of this in playoffs

so lets beat Poland and avoid playoff and get drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                      Berlin. Cheap and class nightlife
                                      Spent a weekend with the great jkbravado and seemed you needed female company to get into places. Great city dripping in. History locals super friendly never felt as in trendy or cool in my life though

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                        Spent a weekend with the great jkbravado and seemed you needed female company to get into places. Great city dripping in. History locals super friendly never felt as in trendy or cool in my life though
                                        Theres a few places where male company helps either. And maybe some leather and a leash and that. Depends what youre into.
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post

Wasn't really expecting the same this year with the economy here.

Nobody is in before 8am and nobody stays later than 12/2/4.30. I've even got given days off, 'Lads it's a long weekend and the weather looks good, take Friday off as well'.
                                          Maybe that's why the economy is screwed.
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Maybe that's why the economy is screwed.
                                            You could be right but it could be slightly to do with them relying heavily on the price of oil.

Comment

2 seconds into opening game of NHL season

Derek Dorsett vs Micheal Ferland from the Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames game on Oct 7, 2015.via http://www.hockeyfights.com
                                              airport, lol

Comment

I was there last year for a stag and 3 of us went to go into a club (others were on route) and were told the same thing. Some great clubs but do some research first imo.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                I remember being at a seminar for Deloitte surrounded by a room full of absurdly excited people. I remember looking at slides of pictures of 4/5 young people working around tables, looking at the intake numbers, looking at the number of actual desirable higher positions down the line, what they were selling after you had done your time, and just thought you'd have to delusional to be sold that lie. It was like being sold a pyramid scheme.
                                                It is a pyramid scheme.
                                                What's the difference to any other company? Only curious as I work for a big 4 and never had that impression, its more a case of how good you are then you get promoted. If you aren't, you don't. If you think you are good enough and don't get promoted you move to another firm. Each firm understands this so keeps everyone honest.

Comment

Smartphones enough is enough.
                                                  After a skinful of gin after pints left Bruxelles and sauhtered to burger king.
                                                  Got myxxl double 10 % meat burger and ready for a munch.

Not twenty feet from me heard loud shouts and roars from a group of well spoken well dressed 20 somethings taking pictures and recordings from phones of a 40 year old unconscious man in an ireland jersey.

They had a daft burger king hat and a scarf draped around him.
                                                  The man was locked and should have been removed by security or got a taxi.
                                                  I dont know why i rushed the group about 11 12 strong men and women and grabbed the two main offenders smart phones much to there dismay.

I know that hopping them off the ground and the ensuing scrap would have relieved my stress but handed them back afer being instructed thats what smart phones are forl

When your entertainment entails photographing some middle aged man who is oblivious to the world you need help.
                                                  Its a bit of a haze but think some german attempted the worst headbutt ever on me in the aftermath.
                                                  One security guard was on duty grabbed my stuff and walked,
                                                  A great night none the less.

Comment

2 seconds into opening game of NHL season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3aEuk8U3cs
                                                    Shirley punching someone in the helmet, , is not the best strategy ?
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Not twenty feet from me heard loud shouts and roars from a group of well spoken well dressed 20 somethings taking pictures and recordings from phones of a 40 year old unconscious man in an ireland jersey.

I dont know why i rushed the group about 11 12 strong men and women and grabbed the two main offenders smart phones much to there dismay.

I know that hopping them off the ground and the ensuing scrap would have relieved my stress but handed them back afer being instructed thats what smart phones are forl

When your entertainment entails photographing some middle aged man who is oblivious to the world you need help.
                                                      Its a bit of a haze but think some german attempted the worst headbutt ever on me in the aftermath.
                                                      Id love to see a clip of that !
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

What a fucking night. Was enjoyable slagging Germans in broken english. Loads of them in town.

We have now beaten someone seeded higher than us and we also drew with them in their shop. They are also the world champions. Situation and the likes who talked doom and gloom at the start, I was right. you were wrong.

COYBIG

Comment

A man from Bray who I played against as a kid got the assist tonight for Long.

lol!

Still a kip!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                              What a fucking night. Was enjoyable slagging Germans in broken english. Loads of them in town.

We have now beaten someone seeded higher than us and we also drew with them in their shop. They are also the world champions. Situation and the likes who talked doom and gloom at the start, I was right. you were wrong.

COYBIG
                                                              Don't be so hard on yourself, I'm sure your English isn't that bad m8.

Comment

Fair play for standing up for Iccky.

Pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                  Lidl do u-turn on 'living wage'

SUPERMARKET chain Lidl has done a u-turn on paying a 'living wage' to staff across its Northern Ireland stores following threats of a boycott.

Never trust a German kids.
                                                                  I think you may have gotten the gist of that article wrong?

Here it is from Business Insider

and BBC
                                                                  The supermarket chain Lidl will now include Northern Ireland staff in the pay rise it has awarded to workers in the rest of the UK.

Originally they had excluded NI from the living wage increase. The U Turn is them changing their mind and now offering that increase to workers in NI too.

Comment

Fair play for standing up for Iccky.

Pics?
                                                                    Where did he mention that the guy was a dwarf?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                      A man from Bray who I played against as a kid got the assist tonight for Long.
                                                                      Gas, my big sister was telling me she played basketball with his dad back in the 80s when Irish basketball had oodles of money and all the teams were allowed bring over one tall black college player from the USA.
                                                                      When the money dried up they mostly headed home but Randolph Sr stayed. Its a small world.

Comment

Argies and Brazil also lost last night, almost like every good International side are involved in a secret let's get Wales to world number 1 campaign.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                          Gas, my big sister was telling me she played basketball with his dad back in the 80s when Irish basketball had oodles of money and all the teams were allowed bring over one tall black college player from the USA.
                                                                          When the money dried up they mostly headed home but Randolph Sr stayed. Its a small world.
                                                                          Have we any hope of best 3rd placed team if we draw in Poland but end up 3rd?

Comment

Tickets for Grimes on sale today

Grimes, Genesis, Three-eyed bitch with a lisp, Dream Pop (Musical Genre), Holland, trance, house, trip-hop, experimental, IDM, jools, grime, EDM, minimal, vocal, 2018, 2017, 2019

New album 'Miss Anthropocene' out now: https://grimes.ffm.to/missanthropocenesince this is no longer gonna be on the album, I’m releasing it as a special tha...

The first video from the album "Visions" (purchase the album at iTunes: http://smarturl.it/grimes).Co-Directed by: Emily Kai Bock and Claire BoucherDOP: Evan...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                              No,and it's a good thing imo.
                                                                              We have nothing to lose by going for it on Sunday,Poland are the ones with something to lose,the ones with the pressure on to get a point out of it. Could work in our favour

Comment

Hungary are top seed I think.

Comment

Its a massive outsider million to one shot (not actually offering million to 1).
                                                                                  To give an example of the shit we would need to happen.....

We can't finish ahead of Hungary as said, so we need them to qualify automatically ahead of Romania. This would need Romania to be beaten by Faroes on last day which would leave Romania on net 13 points, same as us if we draw.
                                                                                  However the next splitter is net goal diff, we are +2 and Romania are +5, so we would actually need Faroes to beat them 4-0.
                                                                                  That's just to finish ahead of the team in that group, we would need equally wild stuff to finish ahead of 3rd place teams in some of the other groups.

Comment

In before

Edit: don't blame me for the grammar.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

From looking at the remaining fixtures, it looks like Hungary will qualify as best 3rd place team.

For the play-offs, Turkey should be replaced by Netherlands who have it much easier away to Kazahkstan than the Turks who are away to Czech Rep in Group A.

Group G can see any of Russia, Sweden or Montenegro finish 3rd, but you'd fancy Russia to beat Montenegro at home, so Sweden finish 3rd.

Group I should see Denmark finish 3rd because they've played all their games and Albania are a point behind with an away game against winless Armenia to come, so they should leapgrog them for qualification.

That leaves..

Hungary (33)
                                                                                      Ukraine (24)
                                                                                      Ireland (54)
                                                                                      Croatia (16)
                                                                                      Denmark (28)
                                                                                      Sweden (45)
                                                                                      Slovenia (46)
                                                                                      Israel (47)
                                                                                      Netherlands (14)

A couple of tricky ones in there if we're to go down that route.

Comment

Christ that's a tough list of teams that could only manage 3rd.

Comment

@sickpuppy: looks like i wise wrong re French team:

tillous borde gets the nod with parra on the bench.

dulin and nakataici on the wings

Comment

Schoolboy error by previously reliable Flushdraw posting the FIFA world rankings, sad to see the mind go with age.

Its UEFA coefficient that matters for seedings in this comp and that's relatively healthier for us at the moment.

edit : In fairness he didn't mention seedings so lol me.
                                                                                            Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 09-10-15, 09:42.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                              Schoolboy error by previously reliable Flushdraw posting the FIFA world rankings, sad to see the mind go with age.

Its UEFA coefficient that matters for seedings in this comp and that's relatively healthier for us at the moment.
                                                                                              Is the play-off draw seeded? I didn't even think it was, i just pulled those numbers. Yeah, but old age is a killer!

Edit - Yep, they are.

The teams are seeded for the play-off draw according to the UEFA national team coefficient rankings updated after the completion of the group stage. The draw for the play-offs will be held on 18 October 201

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                Is the play-off draw seeded? I didn't even think it was, i just pulled those numbers. Yeah, but old age is a killer!
                                                                                                Yep, its seeded.
                                                                                                We are marginal for seeding on coefficient, we are hovvering around 4th/5th place depending on which 8 teams end up on the list. Could be crucial as it at least gives you a one in four shot at getting whoever is the Estonia equivalent this time (which could possibly be Estonia again).

Comment

Would much rather be in Turkeys position than Hollands. Czech have nothing to play for having already qualified. Something tells me the Turkish FA would not be beyond giving a financial payoff to ensure they don't lose the game. These sort of situations nearly always sort themselves out.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

wow android lollipop 6.0 has really sped up my phone. i like it!!

Comment

Ban hammer lifted on SP.
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

mornin
                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                          Ban hammer lifted on SP.
                                                                                                          GFYDP
                                                                                                          Illiterate Cunce the lot of ye.

I did get a get a good oul LOl out of it, more even than Rigger instabiting on my Who the fuck is Jimmy Rodgers comment last week
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                            @sickpuppy: looks like i wise wrong re French team:

tillous borde gets the nod with parra on the bench.

dulin and nakataici on the wings
                                                                                                            Give us the full XV please.

Scott Spedding is going to be humiliated on Sunday and all true French rugby men should stand up and cheer when it happens.
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                              Tickets for Grimes on sale today
                                                                                                              Very rare I'd turn off any music that is linked here but that made my ears hurt.
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Krestfallen krauts have little sense of humour.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Scott Spedding is going to be humiliated on Sunday and all true French rugby men should stand up and cheer when it happens.
                                                                                                                  15. Scott Spedding
                                                                                                                  14. Noa Nakaitaci
                                                                                                                  13. Mathieu Bastareaud
                                                                                                                  12. Wesley Fofana
                                                                                                                  11. Brice Dulin
                                                                                                                  10. Frederic Michalak
                                                                                                                  9. Sebastien Tillous-Borde
                                                                                                                  1. Eddy Ben Arous
                                                                                                                  2. Guilhem Guirado
                                                                                                                  3. Rabah Slimani
                                                                                                                  4. Pascal Pape
                                                                                                                  5. Yoann Maestri
                                                                                                                  6. Thierry Dusautoir (captain)
                                                                                                                  7. Damien Chouly
                                                                                                                  8. Louis Picamoles
                                                                                                                  Replacements
                                                                                                                  16. Benjamin Kayser
                                                                                                                  17. Vincent Debaty
                                                                                                                  18. Nicolas Mas
                                                                                                                  19. Alexandre Flanquart
                                                                                                                  20. Bernard Le Roux
                                                                                                                  21. Morgan Parra
                                                                                                                  22. Remi Tales
                                                                                                                  23. Alexandre Dumoulin
                                                                                                                  The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

I might have 3 of them in the Ireland XV tbf.

Comment

Krestfallen krauts have little sense of humour.
                                                                                                                      Was just about to post this - trying to have the craic with the German supplier but he's just not getting into it

Comment

Scott Spedding is pretty 'true French rugby' tbh...

Got pretty emotional when he heard he got called into the squad. I'd have him as plenty more 'true French rugby men' than Payne or Strauss (both of whom I hold in high regard) being 'true Irish rugby'..

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          GFYDP
                                                                                                                          Illiterate Cunce the lot of ye.

I did get a get a good oul LOl out of it, more even than Rigger instabiting on my Who the fuck is Jimmy Rodgers comment last week
                                                                                                                          It's hard to decipher between wumming and senility.
                                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X