X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
    What you reckon m8.

McGoat or Diaz?
    McGregor if he is clever and kicks him silly but probably won't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
      Is that all we have left? No jumpyhorse or fancyhorse?
      The man with the featherCock and a few other runny types left too.

Thomas Barr did grand in the 400m hurdles. Second through his heat.

Comment

Has anybody seen once the musical down at the Olympia? Seems steep for €66 - €90

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
          I'd say the dressage horses get unmercifully bullied back in the stables.
          I'd say they don't care.

Horsehead Elite.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Hurry up Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              Hurry up Friday.
              Yeah totally fucked today. Westport is some spot.
              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                I'd say they don't care.

Horsehead Elite.
                I might get one just so I can call it Filly Elliot.
                Profit before people.

Comment

GB 1 gold ahead of China after dressage gold. You got to give it them, another great games.

Comment

Watching Charlotte Dujardin in dressage and thought it was an elite club background but nice to see people do well from humble beginnings

To finance their hobby, their mother Jane Dujardin bought and sold ponies for her daughters to ride to enable them to continue riding

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                      You found Mr Robot a let down? I think it's been getting better and better, easily cementing its place as the greatest tv show of all time, and we're not even finished season 2 yet. The last couple of episodes were especially amazing imo.
                      Have put the last episodes on hold after what I thought was a pretty poor opening couple of episodes of season 2. Good to hear is picked up!

Comment

Gabriele Marcotti just tweeted this. This would ruin my hope that English sides could lose 4th place to Italy.

From 2018-19, top 4 leagues will have 16 guaranteed spots in CL. UEFA ExCo to approve late August. Rich get richer. #onepercenters

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                            I'm guessing he missed out on getting really decent money, being a mid/late 90s footballer. And mustn't have had the face/voice/attitude to get a gig in media post career.
                            Using streetview the sheer ordinariness of his house stands out compared to where footballers live nowadays.
                            Must be a right dodgy area, one of the neighbours found an ingenuous way of securing his cars
                            Link
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Anyone know what time the medal race is expected to start at?

Comment

Least 30 more minutes according to Analise's Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                  The distance between the bars is adjustable based on the routine the gymnast wants to do I think.
                                  I imagine certain routines trend in and out.

I think the rings are class, serious power I loved.
                                  I've been playing around with some rings in the gym and they are dogsled to use.
                                  Was reading on a gymnastic site about the evolution of the bars. They are height adjustable but at the Olympic level the distance stays the same and therefore gymnasts are unable to do wrap moves anymore.

Never enjoyed watching the mens events, never did anything for me. I did gymnastics for years and would have loved to have had the skill to take it further. My youngest is really good at it but too shy to attend classes. I hope she gains the confidence and starts soon. The eldest is too tall for it!

Comment

How the fuck are Chelsea 1/2 to win this match? Did West Ham suddenly not finish 3 places above them last season???
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                      How the fuck are Chelsea 1/2 to win this match? Did West Ham suddenly not finish 3 places above them last season???
                                      6/1 on West Ham looks a little big. Considering they spanked Arsenal away on the opening day last year
                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Payet not starting is a pretty big variable. Chelsea win the league this year too.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Payet not starting is a pretty big variable. Chelsea win the league this year too.
                                          City will

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                            Least 30 more minutes according to Analise's Twitter account
                                            Looking like it will not happen today according to her account.

If no sailing today or tomorrow the results stand as is.

Comment

Simone Biles is just incredible. Definitely my favourite athlete of these games.

Although might have just blown the beam. Human!

Comment

Have been offering my United vs your Chelsea to everyone and anyone and nobody has snapped it up.

That's all I'm saying.
                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Offer still available, will take up to 200
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Looking like it will not happen today according to her account.

If no sailing today or tomorrow the results stand as is.
                                                    Feels like she deserves the chance to grab silver but it would be just too sick to get chinned on the line again by van acker or the Finn.

Looks like it's going to happen soon lots of wind now

Comment

Cancelled... Try again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                        ...Can anyone explain why there was a false start in the 400m hurdles, and the eventual winner just got a warning, compared to the disqualification in 100m last night?... I'd be surprised if there are different rules...
                                                        Seen that. From what I gather it was a faulty start, not false start. The starter shot before he meant to but guy went before that and was just warned as it wasn't a proper start

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                          Has anybody seen once the musical down at the Olympia? Seems steep for €66 - €90
                                                          ...I seen it, thought it was really good actually...I'm generally not a big fan of musicals but this had a good bit of entertainment , comedy and great music...oh and if you get there a little early, they have live Irish music for about 20/30 minutes before the show starts which is a good feature...
                                                          Last edited by luckforsome; 15-08-16, 20:07.

Comment

Comment

Points race on RTE News Now!!
                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Cavindish has to be DQ or points off for that move!

Comment

Why take hazard off? Best player on the pitch

Comment

Anyone hear All Tvvins presenting a show on TXFM this afternoon?

They were playing all the stuff that inspired them, was pretty awesome. My Shazam was on fire. Might be available on podcast.
                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Scot Evans is a hero, pity he didn't progress
                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                        Might have been discussed here already but the recent demise of Kickass torrents plus Torrentz, and the general unreliability of Pirate Bay seems to have turned the tide back to cyberlockers. Two questions: I see 4shared is a mile ahead in terms of users and links, so presume they're the ones to go with? Also how do you search for files again? (mainly TV shows). Remember the sites own search engines being crap, presumably for legal reasons, and a quick search on the 4shared search engine just there kinda confirmed that.

why isnt everyone using this/

I know sat nav does, but it's really underutilised in here.

turn ad blocker on

Comment

Well slow is somewhat arbitrary but the talk going into the race was the Kenyans and Ethiopian were going to really push it from the start. Seeing as he dominates the 5,000 metres and seems to win every 10k by just destroying them the final lap it would seen 1 way to try and stop him is make him really race the whole way and gain a big enough lead and or tire him out so he doesn't have that devastating final sprint.
                                                                          Pushing the pace early has no impact on the race result if it doesn't improve the final time.
                                                                          If the pace was much quicker it would have been a bit harder to catch up.
                                                                          No it wouldn't. How could you think that that it would.
                                                                          If somebody runs 27mins, thats the time he has to catch. Their splits along the way are irrelevant. Whether that run a steady pace, or incrementally speed up.

The overall time/average pace was quite fast, not slow.
                                                                          Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                          Was reading on a gymnastic site about the evolution of the bars. They are height adjustable but at the Olympic level the distance stays the same and therefore gymnasts are unable to do wrap moves anymore.
                                                                          I was sure that I read the opposite. The heights are set (with some wiggle room) and the distances change between them. Source may have been out of date.

Comment

That boxing decison was a fucking joke.

Robbery!

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                              That boxing decison was a fucking joke.

Robbery!
                                                                              Hope there's some sort of investigation process, that was corrupt beyond belief.
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Hope there's some sort of investigation process, that was corrupt beyond belief.
                                                                                lol. Like that would ever happen. Greater travesties than that have happened in boxing and the sport keeps on going.

Irish judge was the worst by the way. Gave the Kazak the first round (which was the closest and most arguable for the Russian ) and then gave the Russian the other two. We can't complain about judges from other countries when that's the quality we send.
                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

RTE's early morning catch up of the Olympics is badly produced. Couldn't stay up last night to watch the athletics, unlike previous two nights, and watched the highlights this morning. No showing of the 100m semi-finals, and they show the final starting just as they run.

No build up, no panning of camera to them and commentary to build it up. And then 10 minutes of pointless analysis.

Also Michael Johnson is the goat analyst - not only completely knowledgeable and authoritative, but no crap out of him, tells it like he sees it, and has strong things to say about mental attitude and professionalism etc.

Enjoyed Louis CK tonight. Not his best show, but fun.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                    lol. Like that would ever happen. Greater travesties than that have happened in boxing and the sport keeps on going.

Irish judge was the worst by the way. Gave the Kazak the first round (which was the closest and most arguable for the Russian ) and then gave the Russian the other two. We can't complain about judges from other countries when that's the quality we send.
                                                                                    I dunno, the Olympic stage is a dodgy place to attempt something that blatantly rigged. Can see a serious amount of heat coming on the AIBA.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Phelps may enter the 110 hurdles

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                        Pushing the pace early has no impact on the race result if it doesn't improve the final time.
                                                                                        It does if Farah goes slower and or causes him to make tactical mistakes like going too quick early etc.

No it wouldn't. How could you think that that it would.
                                                                                        I think you misconstrued this. I was talking at the point of the crash not the overall race. Rather clearly the faster the pace is when he falls the harder it is for him to get back in the main group.

If somebody runs 27mins, thats the time he has to catch. Their splits along the way are irrelevant. Whether that run a steady pace, or incrementally speed up.

The overall time/average pace was quite fast, not slow.
                                                                                        Literally my sole point was it was fairly slow pace in the first half. I base that on the fact the main group was fairly bunched up and the BBC commentators were saying the same thing.
                                                                                        If you have some split times that suggest otherwise than I'm wrong.
                                                                                        Its really not that important!
                                                                                        Last edited by cooker3; 16-08-16, 00:33.

Comment

I dunno, the Olympic stage is a dodgy place to attempt something that blatantly rigged. Can see a serious amount of heat coming on the AIBA.

Comment

It does if Farah goes slower and or causes him to make tactical mistakes like going too quick early etc.
                                                                                            If he makes a mistake, he makes a mistake. That's not relevant to what he needs to do to win though.

I think you misconstrued this. I was talking at the point of the crash not the overall race. Rather clearly the faster the pace is when he falls the harder it is for him to get back in the main group.
                                                                                            Getting back into the group sooner doesn't affect his finish time though. He runs his race.
                                                                                            If the rest were, for example, extremely late finishers and he was 50m clear. Falling still causes him to lose the same time off his projected finish.

Literally my sole point was it was fairly slow pace in the first half. I base that on the fact the main group was fairly bunched up and the BBC commentators were saying the same thing.
                                                                                            If you have some split times that suggest otherwise than I'm wrong.
                                                                                            The original point was that he's not on drugs because it was a slow race (when he fell). I'm saying that it wasn't a slow race overall. He was 25 seconds faster than London despite falling. The pace of the other isn't relevant to that.

His time of 27:05 was one of the fastest ever at the Olympics. 27:04 has only been surpassed twice. Had he not fallen, he almost certainly had the Olympic record in the bag. I've honestly no idea if he is on drugs, don't particularly care either. I'm jsut saying the above race is certain not evidence for the "not on drugs camp"

Comment

does anyone actually get bothered by the drugs in the sport these days? i' not sure if i saw the entire 100m final injecting speed right before the race i'd be any less inclined to watch it.

Comment

I remember at start of Mo Farah race he tapped his watch when introduced which I thought at time was him indicating a fast time which would have happened bar the fall.

Comment

Depends on the sport for me.
                                                                                                  It's one thing to immoral cheat in a sport based on your own performance. It's another in physical sport involving a full contact. Combat sports in particular.

Comment

There are some sports where it's hard not to suspicious just by the nature and demands of that sport. Do you think any weightlifter who won gold is clean?
                                                                                                    But take Messi. I never really think about him on PED's as what makes him special is not something I think drugs could really help improve (although maybe completely wrong)
                                                                                                    I sometimes worry if there is a Messi type talent for cycling, athletics etc and maybe Bolt and Phelps are just that by the nature of the sport people will always unfairly suspicious.

Comment

The baggage fees for pole vaulters must be sky high.

Comment

There are some sports where it's hard not to suspicious just by the nature and demands of that sport. Do you think any weightlifter who won gold is clean?
                                                                                                        But take Messi. I never really think about him on PED's as what makes him special is not something I think drugs could really help improve (although maybe completely wrong)
                                                                                                        I sometimes worry if there is a Messi type talent for cycling, athletics etc and maybe Bolt and Phelps are just that by the nature of the sport people will always unfairly suspicious.
                                                                                                        Didn't the spaniards go to court to get the blood tests confiscated in operation puerto as they apparently picked up a lot of madrid/barca players and a random spanish tennis player? Also pep took the barca doctor with him to bayern. When we think of steroids I think the general public has a misconception of german chicks with dicks from the 80's. Supplements and drugs which are illegal could help with endurance, recovery and blood flow for example. Messi is gifted as a footballer, there is no denying that would higher endurance levels and being able to recover twice as quickly help him? yeah probably

Comment

What an epic pole vaulting competition! That is what the Olympics is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                            Didn't the spaniards go to court to get the blood tests confiscated in operation puerto as they apparently picked up a lot of madrid/barca players and a random spanish tennis player? Also pep took the barca doctor with him to bayern. When we think of steroids I think the general public has a misconception of german chicks with dicks from the 80's. Supplements and drugs which are illegal could help with endurance, recovery and blood flow for example. Messi is gifted as a footballer, there is no denying that would higher endurance levels and being able to recover twice as quickly help him? yeah probably
                                                                                                            I know there has been a massive cover up with Operation Puerta and all that. I wouldn't be shocked, if you look at Spanish sporting success the last decade it's quite striking and maybe not that far off East Germany.

On Messi, of course he maybe for reasons you listed but his core skills dribbling, general centre of gravity would be hard to improve artificially I would imagine.

Comment

PEDs won't turn just anyone into an Olympic champion imo. But'll they make everyone a little bit better, faster, stronger. To cheat your way to olympic gold, you'd already have to be one of the sports elite.
                                                                                                              Weightlifting is a perfect example imo. It's a complete doper sport. I'm say the majority at the top are or have been on the juice at some point. But in saying that, there's still a massive skill element too. There's plenty of guys as strong as some the weightlifters who haven't a hope in hell of cleaning similar weights.
                                                                                                              There's no amount if PEDs that could impart those abilities imo.

As an example, the womens 48kg bronze medal lifter. Snatched 81kg, which means she squat about 125-130kg. Not superhuman by any means. Lots of everyday guys would be stronger. But how many could do this;

(edit: How do I embedded instagram?)

On Messi, of course he maybe for reasons you listed but his core skills dribbling, general centre of gravity would be hard to improve artificially I would imagine.
                                                                                                              Messi absolutely has skills that aren't innate rather than physical.
                                                                                                              But that that doesn't mean he doesn't benefit from being faster, stronger, more endurance etc. At a basic level it means he could perform all those innate skills better, for longer.

In a nutshell, PEDs won't turn an average bloke into Messi, but they'd definitely make Messi better.

Comment

A guy on the team I coached in USA doing HGH. He did a small amount on a longer cycle. He did yoga and maybe the gym once a week. He struggled to figure out why he wasn't getting massive
                                                                                                                Last edited by Trippie; 16-08-16, 05:32.

Comment

...

Comment

The baggage fees for pole vaulters must be sky high.
                                                                                                                    Guy is walking around the Olympic Village carrying a long stick.

Another guy approaches him and asks "are you a pole vaulter?"

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    "No I am German but how do you know my name?"

Comment

Can't get over it tbh.

Throw into the mix when the Russian was about to hit the deck and the doc is called in to give him 45 seconds to get his breath back.

Nice pay day for the judges anyway. Even when he was announced the winner you could see him apologetically shrug at his opponent while the whole crowd boo the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                                        A guy on the team I coached in USA doing HGH. He did a small amount on a longer cycle. He did yoga and maybe the gym once a week. He struggled to figure out why he wasn't getting massive
                                                                                                                        Remember seeing a paper where certain steroids taken by totally inactive people saw a bigger increase in muscle mass over the time period than 'clean people' training through standard methods.

Obviously an extremely specific drug, but it's not quite a myth that you can take drugs to get stronger without effort.

Drugs + effort is definitely the way though!

Comment

Not the greatest example, Messi took HGH for years (legitimately).

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X