X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
    First session last night.

Some craic. Goon squad.

Actual hockey part not as difficult as I'd imagined but stopping in any controlled manner is above me yet. Barrell rolls, knee slides and the boards are my new friends. Took a puck to the thigh too, holy shit, lucky I was wearing pads.

Best Irish Ice Hockey player ever obv
    hope you've been watching slapshot on repeat, or are you going down the youngblood route?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
      murica dude. fuckin morons

there was another shooting same day as the oregon one, in florida, where one man shot and killed 4 people. Barely got any media coverage due to Oregon.
      Had a mate (Alberrrrta) come out with the ol' 'if everyone was armed then this wouldn't happen' argument the other day (re:Oregon). I think I'll show him this story.

Decent level of gun ownership here tbh, lots of hunting and skeet shooting but strict enough rules about lock and key and storage.

If Obama (or any US president) does manage to enforce stricter gun rules, and relatively clean up the issue in a term or two, what is to stop the next president peeling back the changes? (I know Obama is unlikely to get anywhere but if someone did, is America as a society stable enough to a) enforce and b) keep the changes?)

I always get a good laugh out of telling Americans and Canadians that our beat cops aren't armed.
      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

hope you've been watching slapshot on repeat, or are you going down the youngblood route?
        Slapshot was on TV the other night actually (shocking ).
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

it's a great movie. Those brothers are awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
            I didnt say they were good.

You get the idea. Send millions of gratefull Syrians home, shocked by how fundamentalism of Islam results in rape and slavery whilst the athesists of the west helped them out.

You then hope that they remember, put in prowestern govts and we have a buffer between the East and the Middle east, an oil rich country and taken away a fertile recruitment ground for religious crazies.
            Turkey is surely the biggest buffer between east and west. Democracy in a perfect world is great but I don't think it suits every country. Why aren't the yanks and Brits looking for the Saudi Royal family to abdicate and let democracy reign.

Comment

This is rather cool

4 minute exposure catches the reflection from a number of geostationary satellites..tiny youkes samller than a car about 10000Km up

its the little dots you are looking at not the trails of the stars moving by

www.reddit.com
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                Turkey is surely the biggest buffer between east and west. Democracy in a perfect world is great but I don't think it suits every country. Why aren't the yanks and Brits looking for the Saudi Royal family to abdicate and let democracy reign.
                Can always do with a bigger buffer. I didn't say I wanted a democracy just a prowestern population.

Anyway the point was that taking in the Syrian refugees may actually benefit the German economy.

In general you are correct that refugees dont pay for themselves and cost money.

If you dont know why we should stop people being butchered at home and let them stay in our countries for a while then even I wont dive into that bottomless hole of an argument.

If you are trolling me than well played I guess. I was right up on my moral high horse.

Comment

I saw slapshot in the Dara cinema in Naas when it was released in 1977.
                  Never saw it since but I still have yer womans tits imprinted on my brain... different times, very different!

Comment

Mighty Ducks is all you ever need
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

All I could think of reading dp's post was the father ted line about jack: now that's sarcasm.
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                        LOL
                        You've gone from soooo clever to a little silly rather quick there.
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Sickpuppy is the irish Damo. He's a big cuddly softie in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                            Sickpuppy . He's a big cuddly softie in reality.
                            Fact
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                              Sickpuppy is the irish Damo. He's a big cuddly softie in reality.
                              I'm really quite tall in person

Comment

Mike out of Breaking Bad image on coaching staff Romanian Rugby (Lynn Howells)?

Cant post pics atm but very alike I think.......

can someone post pics so I can see lol

Comment

Serving blaahs on the burgers here in a pub on Mount St. Guy must be from Waterford as he spent about 5 mins going on about them and looked a bit annoyed when i said they seemed like a normal bap to me...

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                    Mike out of Breaking Bad image on coaching staff Romanian Rugby (Lynn Howells)?

Cant post pics atm but very alike I think.......

can someone post pics so I can see lol
                                    and he gets pretty mad also!

Last edited by shrapnel; 06-10-15, 18:17. Reason: just added his twin brother

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                      Cheers for the invite Danny, pulled the trigger and looking forward to it now.

Need to contact the courier to delete a line in the address doh, one line from Parcel Motel stayed on it form last years order. Tilting!
                                      Happy days man just glad I could help.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                      More seating questions, anybody sat in the back left or right of the bord gais stalls? View still looks pretty good?

Thinking of heading to the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime.

What is the deal with boxes, whenever I see them I think they must be a terrible view, is it just to be clear of the unclean masses?
                                      I've sat in the nosebleeds (very last row) and although it was watchable I would certainly look for better seating next time, part of the show wasn't viewable but it was ok.
                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

The canteen in work do a 'breakfast blaa' on a Friday. Confirmed just a bap.

Comment

and he gets pretty mad also!

time for this methinks

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                            Is that Tony Sopranos uncle junior?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              Painfully bad. Its a parable of everything thats wrong in British food. Heard they are opening a Greggs in Dublin soon.
                                              Do you not like Greggs? I preffered the Bakers Oven which Greggs bought years ago, My aunt and sister worked in them. Like Greggs rolls.

Not really feeling any sense of difficulty with Kid2. Is that normal? That all the stress is felt for the first child and then you enjoy the subsequent ones. Starting a few days off today and myself and the wife are planning what to do that might be fun, whereas with Kid1 those few days were like some desperate attempt to barely stay ahead of the game and grab a few minutes sleep where possible.
                                              Does Dude have a name???

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                              Stars rubbing in the Scottish "No" vote a little....

They best get that sorted pronto. Would piss a lot off and you will find the Scots are a contrary bunch and would dig there heels in for that and not go lol.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                My hand grinder and French press combo will keep me buzzing when the brown outs/esb strikes/apocalypse arrives
                                                This.

Bought one for work last week as its only me drinking it.
                                                €22
                                                Fantastic cup of coffee. Very impressed.
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Caught The Martian today highly entertained & quite the watch.

THE MARTIAN | Teaser Trailer: During a manned mission to Mars, Astronaut Mark Watney (Matt Damon) is presumed dead after a fierce storm and left behind by hi...

Comment

I am 32 pages into Johnathan Frantzens freedom and I am giving up after losing the will to live,is it a me problem?
                                                    Last edited by Guest; 06-10-15, 20:14.

Comment

I am 32 pages into Johnathan Frantzens freedom and I am giving up after losing the will to live,is it a me problem?
                                                      Yes. Try again, fail better to mangle your man's words.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Hard to be too certain after one episode but Sky Ones heavily promoted 'You, Me & The Apocalypse' got off to a really promising and polished start.
                                                            Full of a decent cast of 'isnt she yer one from that other thing' actors.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                              I'm really quite tall in person
                                                              Perhaps you were standing 'far away' when we met.

Comment

I enjoyed it more than The Corrections, like it its a very easy read but with even less likeable characters but thats kind of the point.

Would be interested in an epub of the new one if there is one floating around.

Comment

Charlotte Rampling was/is some piece of shtuff.

Comment

Just discovered that Kevin Barry's second novel is out later this month. Looking forward to it. Am reading Donal Ryan's new book of short stories atm.

Comment

Max Tom Oleg Dowling. A rather catchy mouthful
                                                                      So close.

Max is a strong name.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Enjoyed the first episode of the second season of the leftovers. Seems promising.

Comment

Such a big step up from Season 1 to Season 2 of Veep.
                                                                          Eat it up, easily one of the funniest TV shows atm. Think it won an Emmy a few weeks ago also.

Horsing my way through Inside Amy Schumer, she really is a filthy tart.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Gona watch that now AJ, had seen the promo but forgot about it.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

nice shot of bre

Comment

Thought yesterdays Panorama on Snowdon was very poor. Was there really any need to use the Smurph graphics, and the general computer code bits as well.
                                                                              Would have preferred to listen to a 30 minute interview with him, instead it's about 5 minutes of him with a lot of waffelly filler

In his first UK TV interview US whistleblower Edward Snowden has given the BBC new details of GCHQ's ability to hack users' smart phones without their knowle...

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Palliative care nurse AMA on boards. May interest a few here.

This week we have a Palliative Care Nurse to answer some questions in our AMA.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                  Palliative care nurse AMA on boards. May interest a few here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2057502615
                                                                                  That is the job my aunt has. I have no idea how she does it. Have so much respect for her. The comfort she brings to people coming to the end is just amazing.

Comment

Ending of FTWD was quite poor I thought.

SPOILER

Things that bugged me

What the fuck happened to Cobalt?
                                                                                    The zombies following your man to the main gate. WTF, why weren't they trying to eat him instead of following him?
                                                                                    Dad going all mental on the soldier, totally out of character, would have expected him to only hit him a couple of times and not 20/30 times.
                                                                                    Nick clothes... Why doesn't the fecker ever change his clothes or anyone tell him to? Does he not reek now?

No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Had a mate (Alberrrrta) come out with the ol' 'if everyone was armed then this wouldn't happen' argument the other day (re:Oregon). I think I'll show him this story.

Decent level of gun ownership here tbh, lots of hunting and skeet shooting but strict enough rules about lock and key and storage.

If Obama (or any US president) does manage to enforce stricter gun rules, and relatively clean up the issue in a term or two, what is to stop the next president peeling back the changes? (I know Obama is unlikely to get anywhere but if someone did, is America as a society stable enough to a) enforce and b) keep the changes?)

I always get a good laugh out of telling Americans and Canadians that our beat cops aren't armed.
                                                                                      Spent a month in California a few years ago, mainly staying with my wife's childhood friend who had married an American and they had a couple of kids.
                                                                                      One night the conversation came up about guns and he says come on and I'll show you my gun I keep for home defense, (Beretta 9mm) you'll have to be quiet though because it's hidden in the children's bedroom!!! Last place an intruder would expect to find one apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                        Do you not like Greggs? I preffered the Bakers Oven which Greggs bought years ago, My aunt and sister worked in them. Like Greggs rolls.

Does Dude have a name???

They best get that sorted pronto. Would piss a lot off and you will find the Scots are a contrary bunch and would dig there heels in for that and not go lol.
                                                                                        I though you guys had a referendum to remain a part of England a little while back.

Comment

I used to hate waiting a week for a new episode of a tv show to be released. Very happy that I no longer even care about what show I watch as long as it is remotely good.

also if you are going to get barred from a few places in dublin, make sure they are shit. good times.
                                                                                          mdoug thoughts of the night.
                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Lol, west ham released amalfitano there last night. Premiership is a bit of craic this week finally
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Max Tom Oleg Dowling. A rather catchy mouthful
                                                                                              You had an open goal to go for Max Power Oleg Dowling and you missed it.
                                                                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                  I though you guys had a referendum to remain a part of England a little while back.
                                                                                                  Are you trolling? To remain part of the united kingdom. Not part of England. At no point ever was England included in Scottish addresses.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                    Caught The Martian today highly entertained & quite the watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue4PCI0NamI
                                                                                                    Saw this last night and can agree very entertaining. Surprisingly quite lighthearted and overall a pretty nice midweek movie.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                        Enjoyed the first episode of the second season of the leftovers. Seems promising.
                                                                                                        Had forgotten about this show. Available in usual places?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                          Yes. Try again, fail better to mangle your man's words.
                                                                                                          Went back and ended up plowing through the next 80 odd pages,it's picked up

Comment

Planning to see the martian, maybe two films bnext week as last week was two comedians and this week it is two plays.

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                            Happy days man just glad I could help.

I've sat in the nosebleeds (very last row) and although it was watchable I would certainly look for better seating next time, part of the show wasn't viewable but it was ok.
                                                                                                            Cheers for the advice peoples, went for the front of the circle in the end, these places should have virtual tours.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                              Are you trolling? To remain part of the united kingdom. Not part of England. At no point ever was England included in Scottish addresses.
                                                                                                              Sorry, you have to read it with a Murican accent.

Hey, like, didn't you guys like have a vote or something, to stay a part of England a little while back? So your Scottish right, but that's still, like umm, English right?

Comment

You will hopefully agree with me that years can be divided into good and bad years dependent on whether Bill Bryson releases a book in that year or not.

Thus, making this a very good year indeed. Released tomorrow.

And Paul Theroux released a new book too. Already ploughed through.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Nothing like coming in to a surprise appointment for a 7 hour security and cryptography meeting this morning, guy has turned up from the US in a crocodile dundee hat, so at least he is cool.

Comment

Meant to give a shoutout to flybe, they come pretty close to nailing Lloyds longheld wish for an airline with cheap pricing but still maintaining friendly service and comfort.
                                                                                                                    Not sure how sustainable they are long term though as neither of the flights we were on were more than 75% full.

Comment

Michael Quirke is the best ex player turned columnist around across sports imo.

Another excellent piece in the Examiner today.

The Mayo footballers and Galway hurlers are taking a bit of a public relations battering in the last week or so for the manner in which they seem to have ousted, and are attempting to oust, their respective management teams.

Comment

Local guy getting his 1st book published in a week or two. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sure-Why-Wou.../dp/0856409634

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                          Eat it up, easily one of the funniest TV shows atm. Think it won an Emmy a few weeks ago also.

Horsing my way through Inside Amy Schumer, she really is a filthy tart.

Gona watch that now AJ, had seen the promo but forgot about it.
                                                                                                                          Caught her doing some standup at the Comedy Cellar in New York she has quite the gutter mouth.

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                          Ending of FTWD was quite poor I thought.

SPOILER

Things that bugged me

The zombies following your man to the main gate. WTF, why weren't they trying to eat him instead of following him?
                                                                                                                          Dad going all mental on the soldier, totally out of character, would have expected him to only hit him a couple of times and not 20/30 times.
                                                                                                                          Nick clothes... Why doesn't the fecker ever change his clothes or anyone tell him to? Does he not reek now?
                                                                                                                          Pretty good write up of the Fear the Walking Dead season finale HERE It started off kinda slow but at the end I liked the direction it was going in, as for the questions in your spoiler...

SPOILER

They had implemented it if you hadn't noticed with all the military fleeing.

He had opened the stadium doors and he lead them to the compound, they obviously would've ate him if they caught him.

He finally hit his breaking point.

Yeah this one is kinda stupid as he was back in his house I'm sure he could've changed into something before being dragged away.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X