This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
    Lovely peeps on IPB, minding my own business today in work and firey wasabi sneaks up behind me with his lovely mammy and lobs a wireless charger on my counter.

#deffowonthelotto

His pouting leaves alot to be desired though ...

SPOILER
    When did you get glasses Michelle?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      The disparity between North and South is growing and becoming so divisive it could be getting close to breaking point. One to watch as populist nationalism exploits the post brexit uncertainty.
      Thought you were going off on one re Northern Ireland here.maybe another few years tho...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
        When did you get glasses Michelle?
        huh lol

I actually do wear glasses but aint getting the joke lol
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Is there a better booze deal than Franziskaner at 1.99 a bottle in Lidl and sometimes cheaper? Nectar

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
            Is there a better booze deal than Franziskaner at 1.99 a bottle in Lidl and sometimes cheaper? Nectar
            i drank so much of that stuff on a germany trip and the hangovers that resulted I havent gone near it since. Its been a few years I must go back for some.
            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
              i drank so much of that stuff on a germany trip and the hangovers that resulted I havent gone near it since. Its been a few years I must go back for some.
              Cup of cement m8.
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

As difficult as I find it to understand how some people watch so many tv series, reading a book about the history of cod is completely beyond my opportunity cost perspective on which book to read at any point.

I just don't think I would be able to manage it without thinking at every mention of the word cod that I am reading this instead of every other book in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                  As difficult as I find it to understand how some people watch so many tv series, reading a book about the history of cod is completely beyond my opportunity cost perspective on which book to read at any point.

I just don't think I would be able to manage it without thinking at every mention of the word cod that I am reading this instead of every other book in the world.
                  You should use the time watching the show I posted
                  airport, lol

Comment

You should use the time watching the show I posted
                    How many episodes so far?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                      How many episodes so far?
                      Just one
                      airport, lol

Comment

Just one
                        Keep us updated then.

Comment

Preacher just got a whole lot better.
                          Great ep
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I find that if someone is a regular watcher of Top Gear then that person is essentially an idiot.

Good few here I reckon and not looking to touch a nerve.

Anyone agree?

Comment

I agree with everything you say m8, unless ot refers to me where you are wum.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                I agree with everything you say m8, unless ot refers to me where you are wum.
                                You've met Kehoe.

Comment

Give me some more opinions plz m8

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                    Give me some more opinions plz m8
                                    On?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      Presumably the NY Times made it clear it wasn't going to pay $$$ for a 5000 word 'everything is great' article.

To give that article the best possible slant.

a) its likely that local government is overplaying the 'catastrophe' story in order to get emergency central funding. This is sensible.

b) workers and crews have it in control but are making sure not to get it officially finished too early. There's potential overtime to be got this month.

c) Its a 'find bad things' article but yet there's no mention of the key venues - athletics stadium, opening ceremony stadium, gymnastics centre, swimming arena.
                                      Therefore we can conclude that the big venues are largely OK.
                                      Ditto the athletics village, which is usually a staple of these stories.

d) A lot of the article is political stuff about the subway not going through populated areas, people being moved out of homes at 3am, investments being made in already affluent neighbourhoods.
                                      I'm sure it's all true and its a terrible indictment of society/sports bodies/politics and it happens every time.
                                      But on the other hand it doesn't really matter and is just story filler.
                                      I am really conflicted over the Olympics. I am currently in Bogota and my logical route of going down west coast of South America means I obviously would not get to Rio in time. I am rather tempted to get a flight down and back as I love the Olympics and it's a life long goal of mine to attend 1.

On downside it will be horrendously expensive, blowing huge hole in travelling budget and finding accommodation will probably be hard. On upside I bet getting tickets on black market would be lot easier than London (total guess)

(Hmmmn just had a look and about 8000km between Bogota and Rio while less than 4000km between Dublin and Athens and yet never gave attending in 2004 a second thought. Funny how suddenly being on an unfamiliar continent makes it seem a much more tempting prospect)

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                        On?
                                        Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                        2.99 bottle of Lefte, 750ml could be the value per %
                                        They really ought to put that beside the price: drunkless per cent spent.

Comment

The Olympics is a load of bollocks tbf. Imagine giving up your youth to come fourth at throwing heavy objects or jumping into sand or prancing around a gym filled with objects deemed dangerous by health & safety.

Even the cunts in charge are seeing the light and replacing lolbad things like wrestling with spectator sports like golf.

Rowing. Jesus wept.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              Think it's his polite way of calling you a 'speccy four eyes', Specasaurus
                                              I actually thought it was him referring to Martin being Michelle with his pout! they do look kinda similar in the pic

Comment

Comment

Comment

Heh. Are ye in a pure holiday mode over there at the moment?
                                                    The kids sure are! everyday it is "what are we doing, where can we go!"
                                                    We move properly into our new house tomorrow so that might calm them down a bit. I haven't had a minute to sit, running between 3 schools etc and trying to get all that sort of stuff sorted out before the admin departments close for the summer.

On the flip side, the beach is outside our apartment, just across the road and been going there later in the afternoons for a few hours. It is getting hotter though as the days go on and it will be a long hot summer. Really enjoying it though. Our new pad is just a few minutes walk from the area of Paceville where there is a cinema and bowling alley. And all the pubs and clubs. We found a place in a nice residential area which we posted a picture of on FB, have 1 balcony and 2 rooftop areas for BBQ's a pool table, a pool etc! this is the life I signed up for

Do have VIP tickets to Tiesto next week to look forward to

Comment

If you're a firm believer in the notion that after two years of child-rearing, enough is enough, then the French system is a wonder to behold. School finishes today, to be replaced by a summer camp starting first thing tomorrow, teaching swimming, cycling, etc. €10 a day including all the meals. Not a single weekday of the year except bank holidays when there isn't some place for the kids to go 8am-6pm. The French must really dislike their kids, and it's a brilliant thing to behold.
                                                      They have summercamp here too and we missed the enrolment by a few days, the head teacher of Aimee's school was trying to get her in so she could meet some children over the break.

When do they go back to school? they broke here last week and go back 26th of Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                        The kids sure are! everyday it is "what are we doing, where can we go!"
                                                        We move properly into our new house tomorrow so that might calm them down a bit. I haven't had a minute to sit, running between 3 schools etc and trying to get all that sort of stuff sorted out before the admin departments close for the summer.

On the flip side, the beach is outside our apartment, just across the road and been going there later in the afternoons for a few hours. It is getting hotter though as the days go on and it will be a long hot summer. Really enjoying it though. Our new pad is just a few minutes walk from the area of Paceville where there is a cinema and bowling alley. And all the pubs and clubs. We found a place in a nice residential area which we posted a picture of on FB, have 1 balcony and 2 rooftop areas for BBQ's a pool table, a pool etc! this is the life I signed up for

Do have VIP tickets to Tiesto next week to look forward to
                                                        I never want to hear "its too hot"

It sounds pretty perfect, is everything done in English ? Admin/government things?
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                          They have summercamp here too and we missed the enrolment by a few days, the head teacher of Aimee's school was trying to get her in so she could meet some children over the break.

When do they go back to school? they broke here last week and go back 26th of Sept.
                                                          Did u ever get that yoke from us?
                                                          I remember you were either to drop in or Mrs dp was to post it?
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Also have massive hankerings for a Beschoffs fish and chips after reading it.
                                                              me and the kids dined out of the Clontarf one on Sunday, excellent feed

elbows potato sourcing policy paying dividends
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I've read that book (and his other one; Salt).

Cod dominated the economy of parts of Europe for a few centuries.

Think he should do one called Cocaine next. That's a book that is just begging to be written.

Comment

If you're a firm believer in the notion that after two years of child-rearing, enough is enough, then the French system is a wonder to behold. School finishes today, to be replaced by a summer camp starting first thing tomorrow, teaching swimming, cycling, etc. €10 a day including all the meals. Not a single weekday of the year except bank holidays when there isn't some place for the kids to go 8am-6pm. The French must really dislike their kids, and it's a brilliant thing to behold.
                                                                  Bastard. We are scrambling all over the place this summer to find things for kids to do (and paying through the nose for it). Today, I am dropping girls off to one thing, picking up son's friend for another, entertaining son and friend. All the time while pretending to work.

Are there any soft jobs paying loadsa money in Rennes? (apart from your own of course). We can discuss on Saturday week over the second pichet.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                    me and the kids dined out of the Clontarf one on Sunday, excellent feed

elbows potato sourcing policy paying dividends
                                                                    New season Spanish Potatoes at the moment. They are very good.
                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Comment

Also bought Cod book on Shraps recommendation and just started it last night. Good read so far. No yearning for fish and chips yet.

Comment

This whiskey is class https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/...l-large-bottle

In face drink any Nikka whiskey, great taste. Nikka Coffey grain/malt are nice ones. Have a fierce hungerin' now though.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                            Bastard. We are scrambling all over the place this summer to find things for kids to do (and paying through the nose for it). Today, I am dropping girls off to one thing, picking up son's friend for another, entertaining son and friend. All the time while pretending to work.

Are there any soft jobs paying loadsa money in Rennes? (apart from your own of course). We can discuss on Saturday week over the second pichet.
                                                                            The UCD multi sports activity camp is great. we sent ours there every year and they loved it. it's 8 to 530 with pre and after camp (although not the handiest for malahiders)

Comment

Boards thread on parent worried about sons gambling problem.

Some "interesting" replies, a la "I suggested the Rutland Centre but I see their five week residential course costs €11,500. Paying that amount of money would only make sense if the gambling problem was large, and if the gambler was likely to lose that amount in the future."

Send Hotspur over

Comment

You'd spin that up handy enough

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                  The UCD multi sports activity camp is great. we sent ours there every year and they loved it. it's 8 to 530 with pre and after camp (although not the handiest for malahiders)
                                                                                  it would actually be fine except son can't do FAI soccer camp due to (father-inflicted) broken wrist, which has messed everything up. Girls are at acting camp although I doubt the lessons are actually required.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                    Did u ever get that yoke from us?
                                                                                    I remember you were either to drop in or Mrs dp was to post it?
                                                                                    Yeah we did, I am sure I told Paula

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                      I never want to hear "its too hot"

It sounds pretty perfect, is everything done in English ? Admin/government things?
                                                                                      Yeah English is the must have language. My eldest was exempt from the language test when we registered nget yesterday. Everyone talks to you in English, schools teach in it.

In August it will be too hot, 42 I believe. I am comfortable enough at 32 at minute and I am pale skinned and ginger!

Comment

Some amount of shootings - http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0705/800...blin-shooting/

#Gangland #PaulWilliamsLovesThis #Nidge

Comment

Setanta Sports is now eirSport and can only be had through being an eir broadband customer? Good luck with that (basic broadband package for new customers is 52 euro a month before getting jacked up to 62 after 6 months on an 18 month contract)

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                            Setanta Sports is now eirSport and can only be had through being an eir broadband customer? Good luck with that (basic broadband package for new customers is 52 euro a month before getting jacked up to 62 after 6 months on an 18 month contract)
                                                                                            'Specially with them losing the Saturday 3pm fixtures.

Comment

Anyone know any Java or .Net contractors looking around at the moment (separate roles ofc)
                                                                                              Not looking for anything massive just solid mid level devs.

Comment

The shameless hypocrisy of Paul I'm too posh to be paid Murphy is astonishing. He is demanding that someone who is anti water charges should chair a commission that he will refuse to acknowledge
                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

That's the end of 3pm football outside of USA now? How many Friday night games are we getting?

What happens with BT? I should google this. What if you have SKY?

So many questions.

Comment

It's just a name change by the looks of it. Can still get it on Sky without eir broadband.

Comment

The shameless hypocrisy of Paul I'm too posh to be paid Murphy is astonishing. He is demanding that someone who is anti water charges should chair a commission that he will refuse to acknowledge
                                                                                                      Authoritarian demagogue up to his usual tricks.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                        That's the end of 3pm football outside of USA now? How many Friday night games are we getting?

What happens with BT? I should google this. What if you have SKY?

So many questions.
                                                                                                        Sky have the Saturday 3pm games in Ireland now. Haven't announced yet how they'll show them in such a way that they can be seen here but not in the UK.

Friday night is just 10 games on Sky Sports.

BT have the same amount of games as before but in the 5.30pm slot on Saturday evening. (Sky Sports have the old BT lunchtime slot).
                                                                                                        As last season BT also have the midweek and holiday games.

Comment

Let him do it, assign him a water budget and ask him to figure out how it covers the EU fines, the required upgrades and the daily running cost of the water supply. Same SLA's as Irish waters infrastructure projects team.

Create 5 stock responses that are basically fuck you why are you not dealing with Irish Water and refuse to engage with him in anyway outside of those 5 sentences until he fixes Irish water on his budget. If he manages it then he is clearly a genius and give him a shot at Health. When it proves impossible and he tries to use it as his soap box platform next time it will be a problem he is responsible for.

Irish water is now a non issue imo since the EU have said they will fine us, we should actually go to Brussels and ask them to put a minimum of 5 billion per year in place or something similarly high and fix the cost of the fines so that we can have figure that will be lost so that people can avoid what is by far the cheapest utility bill unless you are running several swimming pools and a Dolphin farm. Once we have an idea of how much it will cost him let him sit down with the budget and decide where he wants to take the money from. Make him come out with a firm plan on how to fund it and tell him to fuck off out of the chamber until he gets his busy work completed.

Comment

Sky have the Saturday 3pm games in Ireland now. Haven't announced yet how they'll show them in such a way that they can be seen here but not in the UK.

BT have the same amount of games as before but in the 5.30pm slot on Saturday evening. (Sky Sports have the old BT lunchtime slot).
                                                                                                            Red button jobby while they show Soccer Saturday prob, can't see them geo-blocking a channel for the Brits.

Comment

Sky sports currently half price for up to 6 months for anyone who doesn't have it. 18 quid a month. Existing Customers obv
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

My poor GBP denominated Irish house deposit
                                                                                                                Last edited by Emmet; 05-07-16, 12:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                  My poor GBP denominated house deposit
                                                                                                                  My sister was selling a house in the UK with a buyer all ready to pull the trigger and looking to buy one here. Less then happy with the timing which means renting for the next while.

Comment

assuming 2 years is a reasonably good lifespan for a tablet that gets chucked around repeatedly by kids?

Nexus 10 refuses to power on, battery goes from full to dead as soon as power cable removed.

chuck in bin? internet not particularly helpful

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                      My poor GBP denominated Irish house deposit
                                                                                                                      Could be worse, you might, as my son and his GF have, bought an apartment in London last year both of them working in Architecture. His place is not dependant on the City so much but things have been shaky for other reasons, he'd been batting away job offers to see if they ride it out, now he'll have little choice. Her place is all high end work for big flashy projects. They'll be fine in the long run but there has been some shift in their world from a reasonably stable outlook to FUD.
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X