Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Train taken out of service because of the cord being pulled seems a bizarre over-reaction, especially when theres a valid explanation.

Comment

Mourinho and Zlatan. Fergie would be turning in his grave

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
        Once I finished the technical element of the project with the consultant I never heard from him again. It's not my job to make sure he submits an invoice or that he gets paid.

Furthermore I haven't been on contract in DCU since the end of April, so I won't be spending any time chasing up someone else's mistakes.
        How much time and effort would it really have taken here to be decent? A quick email or phone call?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
            How much time and effort would it really have taken here to be decent? A quick email or phone call?
            It took me 4 hours to get a version of a file that I could edit today.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              You mean from zuut to HR / Research Centre? They can't be phoned and barely emailed. Just have a quick ponder on how dysfunctional that is: you can't ring HR / or the research service of a research uni.
              or finance. I think they actually have a moat around the building.

Comment

You mean from zuut to HR / Research Centre? They can't be phoned and barely emailed. Just have a quick ponder on how dysfunctional that is: you can't ring HR / or the research service of a research uni.
                Maybe I'm picking it up wrongly. I thought he had a consultant hired, consultant hasn't submitted invoice, Zuut knows this and that unspent funds are being taken back, says fuck the consultant I'm not going to let him know to get the invoice in because... So I meant how long would it have taken to give the consultant a shout?

Comment

Oh yea I emailed him alright. His money is safe. He did the work and will get paid. It's just incompetence in DCU that they didn't notice that the project was closing with no transactions. There's no kind of succession planning or anything...I was asked nothing before my contract expired, no handover or anything which leads to shit like this happening.

Comment

Comment

I'm nice really, but 11 years of short term contracts and swimming against the tide with admin-bots leads to the occasional snap.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          Not really now. Trying to entertain the kids mostly. WBU?
                          In the pub in town for some live bbv'ing with andyfb. All welcome.
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Some goal there by Nainggolan.

Comment

That's great.

Wales are a really likeable team.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

On a related note. The wife got awarded one of those Enterprise Ireland innovation vouchers recently. Between her, her prof, and the startup who have much better things to be doing with their time, none of them can work out how to contact someone in DCU to arrange payment. Many emails sent, nothing but uninformative emails back. No telephone number to ring, because heaven forbid. It's all been paid to DCU afaik but they just make it nearly impossible to contact them to get it. The wife herself isn't too bothered yet, but you can bet that startup is saying about this experience to every other startup in the NDRC.
                                Process is they approach the knowledge provider and agree work to be done they give the voucher to said knowledge provider. Some will require you pay a deposit equal to the vat as the voucher cannot be redeemed until the vat is paid. Any questions just send me a PM
                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                  our place have replaced all the food cards that you topped up with cash to a Upaychilli.com solution that links directly to your employee number.
                                  The canteen prices have always been higher for contractors than for full time staff, meaning that all contractors here over a month usually get another FTE's food card to use instead.
                                  Not anymore.
                                  Fuck contractors seems to be a motto nearly everywhere.
                                  Exact same thing in our place... upaychilli.com website is always down.... the canteen has been taken over from a company called Aramark...

food has improved but gotten dearer
                                  Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Despite my having tonnage on Belgium in this game you have to admire Wales and their attitude. Great attitude and application.

Comment

Comment

Wow, Wales.

Comment

What a turn that was.

Comment

Sign him up Jose

Comment

Comment

Rant:

Went downstairs and put on a wash which included a new munster jersey and ireland jersey and it turns out my moronic fucking housemates had used fucking bleach in a wash!!
                                                Apparently their clothes smelled after so they used bleach, utterly destroyed all logo's on my jerseys.

Fuck me, I hate these people so much right now.
                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                  Rant:

Went downstairs and put on a wash which included a new munster jersey and ireland jersey and it turns out my moronic fucking housemates had used fucking bleach in a wash!!
                                                  Apparently their clothes smelled after so they used bleach, utterly destroyed all logo's on my jerseys.

Fuck me, I hate these people so much right now.
                                                  Other people are hell. The thought of living with strangers ever again gives me nightmares (figuratively speaking).

Comment

Wow
                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Wow, Wales v Portugal in the semis. You'd fancy Wales to beat them in that.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                        Wow, Wales v Portugal in the semis. You'd fancy Wales to beat them in that.
                                                        No Ramsey is a shame though.

Comment

Blessed to play against such a crap defence but fucking hell did they take the chance. Some game, some team effort.

Comment

Ramsey suspended for semi's which will be a massive blow but just wow tonight, unreal performance here though. Hope they fucking win the thing to be honest
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Robbie Savage shedding a tear in the commentary box.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                  Anything nice planned for the weekend?
                                                                  Comic Con the saturday and then a birthday party here on the sunday for me neice.
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Jean Claude Van Damme, Marc Dutroux, Tintin your boys took a hell of a beating!

Comment

The Belgian workmate was saying about this. They had to put on an inexperienced 18 and 19 year old in defence due to injuries, or something like that?
                                                                      Yeah their defence was plagued with injuries, if Hal Robson Kanu and Sam Vokes make them look silly then you can be pretty sure everyone left was beating them.

Wales were still top notch considering the players they have.

Comment

Don't forget Poirot!

Comment

Other people are hell. The thought of living with strangers ever again gives me nightmares (figuratively speaking).

I have to live with this passive aggressive shit too. I don't even bother wasting my time messaging him back, funny thing is I was asleep before midnight the night of the 2nd message.

Thank fuck wales won and made me feel better , can buy a new jersey now at least or save to get the fuck out of here.
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

Belgium will have a decent manager in charge for the World Cup now which is about time, being robbed of seeing a potentially world class side in action for 4 years.

Comment

I have to live with this passive aggressive shit too. I don't even bother wasting my time messaging him back, funny thing is I was asleep before midnight the night of the 2nd message.

Thank fuck wales won and made me feel better , can buy a new jersey now at least or save to get the fuck out of here.
                                                                                I don't know how you put up with that crap. If he messages you to tell you those things I'd probably do the total opposite.

Comment

Fucking hell man.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                      Belgium will have a decent manager in charge for the World Cup now which is about time, being robbed of seeing a potentially world class side in action for 4 years.
                                                                                      Yeah whatever about the defence with the injuries, the shape of the Belgian team was a joke. Also have now been converted to the anti-Lukaku camp. I can understand his frustration as he barely got a pass all tournament, but lumbering about sulking and throwing his arms up Ronaldo-like doesn't cut it when you're not Ronaldo-like.

Comment

TBF, the part about final movement into a squeaky bed made me laugh.
                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Yeah whatever about the defence with the injuries, the shape of the Belgian team was a joke. Also have now been converted to the anti-Lukaku camp. I can understand his frustration as he barely got a pass all tournament, but lumbering about sulking and throwing his arms up Ronaldo-like doesn't cut it when you're not Ronaldo-like.
                                                                                          Yeah, the drama queen stuff is what sealed his fate at Chelsea. He's still pretty young for the type of player he's looking to become, should still become a top striker.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                            Mourinho and Zlatan. Fergie would be turning in his grave
                                                                                            Fergie dead

Always thought fergie was a fan of Jose, no?
                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                              Better than the Downfall meme imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfqSFQlDae8
                                                                                              Think I've watched this more than 10 times. So well done.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                  Fergie dead

Always thought fergie was a fan of Jose, no?
                                                                                                  He likes him. Zlatan is a pretty bad signing and Jose isn't changing his ways by the looks of it.

Comment

Need a cheap laptop for internet browsing and basic excel. Thoughts?

Comment

Don't forget Poirot!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                        Need a cheap laptop for internet browsing and basic excel. Thoughts?
                                                                                                        Probably best to buy one.

Comment

My neighbour was almost reviewing my weekends at one stage. Lines like "I heard you had friends over but you seemed to be attempting to keep it down, I had earplugs in but could barely hear a thing, thanks for that"

Havent pissed him off in a while
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Anyone ever been to Brassere 7 on Capel St?

Supposed to be going in 2mrw night for a birthday & was told it was just drinks with platters job (no confirmed numbers, just show up) but looking at their website it looks more like a sit down only place....

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To...
                                                                                                              You can forgive me for viewing their opinion as accepted wisdom given it is hardly haphazardly formed. What makes you think they are wrong?
                                                                                                              Three things:

1. Article 50 is untested.

It's never been invoked and so there's a lot of uncertainty surrounding it, however it is fundamentally a political tool to trigger a series of negotiations within an agreed legal framework. Those negotiations are subject to approval by QMV and the prescribed time limit. There is an implied power in sections 1, 2 and 3 that the article presupposes exists to revoke the intention to leave in the context of negotiations. Your cited experts agree with that. They want to say Art 50 is a one way street because it is in the interests of those desperately hoping the parliament don't pass the vote needed to activate it that people believe it can't be undone. If Boris and Gove start implying this is a gas idea to force a good negotiation position then the mad fuckers in parliament might do it.

2. It's a political tool.

Article 50 is there to facilitate a political process so it isn't as black and white as "there's no legal way to revoke it". Law is a framework but they can work around it if needs be. If there's a political will to do it it then it will be possible. International law is fundamentally baseless and basically depends on a gentleman's agreement to abide by it. Within the EU it has force because to remain a member and get the perks you have to abide by the rules but in a game like this it is basically nothing.

It's basically like when the UN pass a resolution denouncing Israel. So what? It means nothing. Same as when they criticized our abortion laws and told us we had to change them. Good lads, we will get right on that, no bother This kind of international law is just whatever people agree it is.

3. It can't be challenged realistically.

If the UK parliament revokes Art 50 it cannot be overruled by any British citizen through the courts as parliament is sovereign. If the ECJ somehow got asked to rule on the issue it would likely decline to do so as it is beyond its competence and even if it did the decision is highly unlikely to overrule the expressed will of both the UK and the EU.

The only realistic situation where Art 50 revocation fails is where the Commission and the Parliament tell the UK to go and fucking swing.
                                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

That's not to say their opinion isn't extremely well thought out. Rather I think they are making the classic lawyer mistake of looking at the legal answer and ignoring the Realpolitik
                                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                  That's not to say their opinion isn't extremely well thought out. Rather I think they are making the classic lawyer mistake of looking at the legal answer and ignoring the Realpolitik
                                                                                                                  You might say they are technically correct.
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

Assume you're renting - thus 'squeaky bed' problem isn't a you problem, its a landlord problem.

Invite your passive-agg to take it up with first, the landlord, and should he not get you a new bed from that, you could then direct your mate to Threshold.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                        What makes you say that? Its pretty much the opposite of what LF claim...

Our experienced underwriters review every application in full before it can be posted on Linked Finance. We estimate that, initially, less than 50% of businesses that apply will make it through this detailed assessment process.

https://www.linkedfinance.com/faq
                                                                                                                        Insider info. Also if you read that claim a few times you'll see that it doesn't really offer any protection whatsoever!

To be fair, their default rates have been low, but that's not a guarantee that it will continue so.

This thread on boards.ie useful to follow - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2057529370

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                          Three things:

If the ECJ somehow got asked to rule on the issue it would likely decline to do so as it is beyond its competence ----
                                                                                                                          Assume this is a typo - the ECJ would be the only arbiter on the interpretation of A.50 as between any UK, or any other member state, and the E. Commission itself.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X