This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    The english arrogance and team selection is constantly mystifying.
    Playing 3 in the midfield and one of them isn't a midfielder and doesnt know the position is a prime example.
    nice payday if this stays as is
    Was forever thus
    Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
    Was forever thus with the English and their teams/squads

Was reading the guardian (ya DP it's fucked) and some lad was going on about Henderson being part of the liverpool conspiracy of the 80's as Hodgson was around in the 80's

in the 80's Liverpool players were routinely overlooked for Spurs/Villa players

Fado fado, They had Barnes and Waddle, even the Brazilians at the time said they wished they had Barnes and Waddle. And what did the English do?
    Played them as wide midfielders who had to help their full backs so some lad could run from midfield giving it guts and failed attempts at glory.

Fowler/McMannaman/etc banished from England squad for refusing to go to a fortune teller or some shit

Theo the 16yr old, branded for life while whomever stayed at home

Then they had Scholes playing out on the left so they could fit in Lampard/Gerrard/Beckham, shape and best playmaker be dammed

tl;dr The English like a brand name to show off!

Will be breaking out the Da's i'nnit mate accent soon
    Might be staying in the locker for a week or two more

Comment

Sold my old clio a few months back and had been looking for a used card to replace the last while. Budget kept creeping up, and had been looking at a 2012-ish Mazda 2. Private sale weren't much less that what the dealers had (with a limited warranty). Went out for a look on Sunday, to just bite the bullet and buy a new car, Mazda 2. First time owning a new car, and pretty happy with the deal I got.

Comment

Just got back from Ile De Pins and New Caledonia. Whole time was thinking god life for Hitch in france must be incredible. The food and culture really has me looking to find work in France in the future.

Comment

GoT

SPOILER

Comment

While I would have preferred remain myself,the reaction of generation snowflake writers in the Irish times and guardian has been hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
              Luke Fitzgerald retires from Rugby. Hard luck on that chap at just 28 years of age. Really think he was an outstanding player, particularly defensively, who never really got the opportunity to show the world just how good he was. I enjoyed following him from schools Rugby up. Another young player gone in their prime. Serious attrition rate.
              Body wasn't able to keep up with his abilities.

Serious injury after serious injury took their toll. Staggering enough how well he was able to play in between them!

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                While I would have preferred remain myself,the reaction of generation snowflake writers in the Irish times and guardian has been hilarious.
                tbh, if anything it is understated. The level of fuckedness will need a brand new meterstick from RDIII

Nice writing here though
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

tbh, if anything it is understated. The level of fuckedness will need a brand new meterstick from RDIII

Nice writing here though
                  https://theintercept.com/2016/06/25/...-institutions/
                  Excellent article.
                  Its gonna end up with blood on the streets,genuinely expect to see people in western Europe dying of war and famine in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                    Body wasn't able to keep up with his abilities.

Serious injury after serious injury took their toll. Staggering enough how well he was able to play in between them!
                    He only got 34 Irish caps which showed how broken he was. How he was able to keep coming back from injuries showed his will power and resilience. Very few players get to retire these days when they had enough Eoin Reddan one of the exceptions at 35.

Comment

Luke Fitzgerald retires from Rugby. Hard luck on that chap at just 28 years of age. Really think he was an outstanding player, particularly defensively, who never really got the opportunity to show the world just how good he was. I enjoyed following him from schools Rugby up. Another young player gone in their prime. Serious attrition rate.
                      Rugby needs to change. Gutted for Luke and his family.
                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                        How though the bottom line is money not player welfare. Fitz was on tv and has a very visible scar on his neck close to his Adam's apple. He already had neck surgery. Part of the game is dominating your opponents physically smashing them up. People love the big hits even if every one is probably damaging someone.

Comment

Nice writing here though
                          https://theintercept.com/2016/06/25/...-institutions/
                          Ironically I have been furiously transferring cash into my trading accounts.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                            Excellent article.
                            Its gonna end up with blood on the streets,genuinely expect to see people in western Europe dying of war and famine in my lifetime.
                            I respect all doominess but this is el nutso stuff.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              I will sell you many pounds.

Comment

...Beyond reverting pointing this out to them what is my move? Industry body, SIMI, Joe Duffy, website warning other customers, flame thrower??
                                The horsehead version is Moncrieff no?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                  How though the bottom line is money not player welfare.
                                  Has to be a way - really need to increase the amount of games per season the top players can play as that's intrinsically linked to the money coming in. So if money is the bottom line then it must be possible.
                                  Top soccer players often play 65 games a year, and even that's low enough compared to other ball sports. Whats the rugby player average games per year, low 30s? Leaving lots of money behind there.
                                  I don't know the solution.

Comment

The horsehead version is Moncrieff no?
                                    Conor pope in IT surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      maybe a question for my accountant but is buying shares from my company account (BOI bus account) something i can do?
                                      ive money in there that i cant really get out freely so wondering if this is a possible solution
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Car Related musings....

Changed my car about 6/7 weeks ago with Carroll & Kinsella Blackrock. I had €15k of finance outstanding on my old car with VW bank which I rolled over onto the new car but it switched to Zurich Finance.

Anyway, going through a Mortgage application process and the bank tell me I have two finance contracts outstanding on ICB despite me only disclosing one to them. Check my bank and two standing orders have gone out to VW bank..... Call VW bank who tell me they haven't received settlement, call the garage and can't get to talk to the man I need to talk to but I get a call back where I am told that they made an error with the settlement as 1) they sent the clearance payment to the wrong bank, but that then changed later in the conversation to 2) they sent it in with the wrong car reg number, and...... That they had only discovered that the previous day and they had now sent in the cheque to clear the finance. This conversation happened last Wednesday and the cheque arrived with VW bank on Friday... I don't really do coincidence.

So what am I thinking here? Well if they discovered this error on Tuesday why did they neglect the duty of care towards me as a customer and not inform me. Well I am thinking they never sent the cheque at all but that happened for one of two reasons 1) genuine error, 2) they were using my finance as working capital for their own business.

All told this will delay my mortgage approval by a month so naturally my anger builds. I contacted the garage asking them to prove that they attempted payment but instead I get an offer of my first service free and no mention of they sending the first payment? Beyond reverting pointing this out to them what is my move? Industry body, SIMI, Joe Duffy, website warning other customers, flame thrower??
                                        Terribly difficult to make this into a poem, you're not making this easy on us. "So naturally my anger builds" is a good title at least.

Comment

Farage setting fire to the UK economy here.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                            Has to be a way - really need to increase the amount of games per season the top players can play as that's intrinsically linked to the money coming in. So if money is the bottom line then it must be possible.
                                            Top soccer players often play 65 games a year, and even that's low enough compared to other ball sports. Whats the rugby player average games per year, low 30s? Leaving lots of money behind there.
                                            I don't know the solution.

Huge difference in soccer and rugby.
                                            In soccer you don't have 20stone mountains of muscle flying into you shoulder first into the rib cage.
                                            Scrums as well the power and force that is excerted unless you have been in the tight five its hard to explain.Can only imagine what its like now at senior level.

There is a danger rugby will like American football only be played by professionals and not at junior social level that is now in Ireland.
                                            Rugby is a great game to play the social side is immense smashing someone legally can be a great relief.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                              Farage setting fire to the UK economy here.
                                              Ukip leader Nigel Farage was jeered by the European Parliament after he told MEPs that they were "in denial" about Brexit and that they had "never had a proper job before".

What I would like to see is a grown up and sensible attitude to how we negotiate a different relationship
                                              takes breath
                                              Now I know that virtually none of you have done a proper job in your lives, or worked in business, or worked in business, or worked in trade, or indeed ever created a job.
                                              Last edited by Emmet; 28-06-16, 10:12.

Comment

Let us listen to some simple pragmatic economics – my country and your country, between us we do an enormous amount of business in goods and services. That trade is mutually beneficial to both of us; that trade matters. If you were to cut off your noses to spite your faces and reject any idea of a sensible trade deal, the consequences would be far worse for you than it would be for us.

Comment

Is this evidence that the nuclear deterrent policy is not worth it?

Mutually Assured Destruction isn't it?

Comment

Car Related musings....

--------- what is my move? Industry body, SIMI, Joe Duffy, website warning other customers, flame thrower??
                                                    Actual loss to you seems relatively small.
                                                    Amount of time wasted in a complaint will be high - they have already offered reperation in a case which they could easily pass off as 'bad mistake, sorry'.

Take the service. Use the experience to gain further concession when you trade up/in with same garage/bank in future.

Try Hotspurs Mindfulness course to rid yourself of any remaining annoyance.

Comment

Anyone know somebody looking for a poland portugal ticket? have 1 ticket going for sale and haven't had any luck selling and time is approaching

or does anyone know someone in marseille that could go tout it and I'd give em some money for it
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Car Related musings....

Changed my car about 6/7 weeks ago with Carroll & Kinsella Blackrock. I had €15k of finance outstanding on my old car with VW bank which I rolled over onto the new car but it switched to Zurich Finance.

Anyway, going through a Mortgage application process and the bank tell me I have two finance contracts outstanding on ICB despite me only disclosing one to them. Check my bank and two standing orders have gone out to VW bank..... Call VW bank who tell me they haven't received settlement, call the garage and can't get to talk to the man I need to talk to but I get a call back where I am told that they made an error with the settlement as 1) they sent the clearance payment to the wrong bank, but that then changed later in the conversation to 2) they sent it in with the wrong car reg number, and...... That they had only discovered that the previous day and they had now sent in the cheque to clear the finance. This conversation happened last Wednesday and the cheque arrived with VW bank on Friday... I don't really do coincidence.

So what am I thinking here? Well if they discovered this error on Tuesday why did they neglect the duty of care towards me as a customer and not inform me. Well I am thinking they never sent the cheque at all but that happened for one of two reasons 1) genuine error, 2) they were using my finance as working capital for their own business.

All told this will delay my mortgage approval by a month so naturally my anger builds. I contacted the garage asking them to prove that they attempted payment but instead I get an offer of my first service free and no mention of they sending the first payment? Beyond reverting pointing this out to them what is my move? Industry body, SIMI, Joe Duffy, website warning other customers, flame thrower??
                                                        You want easy for you and a pain in the ass for them.

I'd suggest a Financial services ombudsman complaint re the bank licence holder and the selling agent followed by complaint to the data protection commissioner about your details being distributed to the wrong parties, followed by a slap on the head to yourself for having car finance.

Good luck with the mortgage.
                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                          Actual loss to you seems relatively small.
                                                          Amount of time wasted in a complaint will be high - they have already offered reperation in a case which they could easily pass off as 'bad mistake, sorry'.

Take the service. Use the experience to gain further concession when you trade up/in with same garage/bank in future.

Try Hotspurs Mindfulness course to rid yourself of any remaining annoyance.
                                                          Of course this is right but GAB would need a decade of mindfulness courses to get to this level!!

Comment

Of course this is right but GAB would need a decade of mindfulness courses to get to this level!!
                                                            1/2 a bottle of decent whiskey it is so

Comment

Newstalk doing a massive switcheroo for drive time ,Hook being replaced by the most politically correct man in Ireland,Chris o Donoghue.
                                                              Paul Williams in on the morning show,definetly won't be tuning in. Yates could be a tit at times but liked him as a presenter.

Comment

I value a one month delay in my mortgage. Perhaps more than you realise.
                                                                Think my point was more that, based on how you describe things, I can see very little financial upside to you in pursuing it. It will cost you time, and best case scenario you probably won't end up in any better position than there current offer makes you.

One possible route you haven't considered, is wait for 6 months or so, then do a credit check on yourself - if there is something there that shouldn't be, thanks to their mishandling, you can get it corrected with no difficulty and possible get yourself a handy grand or two by way of apology.

Comment

Looking through old college notes with all the talk of trading lately.

Found a project I did back in 2008 where we had to set up accounts on virtual trading platforms based on some graphs, trends etc.

Of the money we were allocated I put 65% of it into Kerry group @ €18 a share.

Kerry Group now trading at €77.97

This feels worse than winning a play money tournament on stars without realising its play money.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post

Found a project I did back in 2008 where we had to set up accounts on virtual trading platforms based on some graphs, trends etc.

This feels worse than winning a play money tournament on stars without realising its play money.
                                                                    When I was in college I was seeing a girl that was doing a masters in business. One of their group projects was to research which of two companies was the better investment. One of the companies was Kerry Group, can't remember the other. But one of the concluding points was that the second company was better because it was half the price, so you could get twice as many shares. She must be filling her boots with BoI
                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 28-06-16, 12:00.

Comment

I booked last min flights to Mallorca in 3 weeks a few days ago, trying to find decent accommodation is ridic.

I think i just narrowly avoided being scammed on TripAdvisor by a company that seems to have gone out of business. I was ignoring the red flags, dug a bit deeper and things didnt sit right. Pulled the plug on that.

Other than owners direct and home away are there any other Appt/villa sites, dont want a hotel room, would rather my own place, the daily fight for sunbeds in a complex does my tits in.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

maybe a question for my accountant but is buying shares from my company account (BOI bus account) something i can do?
                                                                        ive money in there that i cant really get out freely so wondering if this is a possible solution
                                                                        Was considering the same option - let me know how you get on and vice versa....

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                          I booked last min flights to Mallorca in 3 weeks a few days ago, trying to find decent accommodation is ridic.

I think i just narrowly avoided being scammed on TripAdvisor by a company that seems to have gone out of business. I was ignoring the red flags, dug a bit deeper and things didnt sit right. Pulled the plug on that.

Other than owners direct and home away are there any other Appt/villa sites, dont want a hotel room, would rather my own place, the daily fight for sunbeds in a complex does my tits in.
                                                                          There's Airbnb - though there have been some scams on it too, the company has made good loses.

If you use something like hotelscombined dot com, or hotels dot com, both large reputable type sites - you can restrict your search to include only villas etc...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Have used this site in the past if it's of any help https://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post

Did a bit of research on my lecturer as always found him fascinating character with some rather interesting stories about the 44 years he spent in BOI and the obvious re his BOI shares.

Plenty of interesting articles anyway.

I see according to his Linkedin he was also lecturer in UCD, that where you were Hitch?

Comment

Just watched the "highlights" of England game

Never mind Roy Boy, where does this leave Gary "tactics guru" Neville?

Hart has to be dropped, for his own good
                                                                                Full backs all a bit???
                                                                                Need a proper leader/captain in at CB

Unfit Wilshere ?
                                                                                Rooney as part of a 3?
                                                                                Rooney as part of a 3 with Ali who fancies himself (rightly) as a number 10
                                                                                So two 10's and a converted (very good!) CB as a 3 is one thing

But with this in front of them:

Sturridge on the wing?
                                                                                Sterling in the squad?
                                                                                Kane taking corners/frees?
                                                                                Vardy on the wing?

MDoug said he was looking forward to the lol's
                                                                                Think they brought them in spades

*Posted this before listening to Shearer and co
                                                                                Love sounding like that lad down the pub who copies what Gyles'ee says
                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 28-06-16, 13:09. Reason: *

Comment

SO whats the story with BOI shares

How long until the pay out massively or are they a long term investment?

Comment

Would loved to have seen us against Iceland, would have been a monster of a game

Comment

Its a gamble with no guaranteed return. I think being Irish and the amount of media around it is brainwashing us all a little. I plan to buy a few but most definitively wont go mad. Plenty of better options out there with less media attention I'm sure.

Denny will come along shortly with some decent advice.

Comment

Sturgeon knocking it out of the park again whilst all other parties in absolute chaos.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

This is terribly prescient!

Comment

You can (assuming the company's constitutional documents allow), but it certainly wouldn't be recommended in most instances - inefficient from a tax perspective.

Comment

Sturgeon knocking it out of the park again whilst all other parties in absolute chaos.
                                                                                                Christ Corybn is such a fuckwit, reshuffling seating arrangement after cameras were already in the room

Caught on mic twice!

Open goal for Tom Watson

Comment

Boards
                                                                                                  Boards.ie investments forum seem to be steaming in,is that place not just full of penny stock dreamers?
                                                                                                  Are we not at the very least heading into another recession if not great financial crisis?

Comment

Banks I understand. Don't quite get why the likes of ryanair and crh are also being slaughtered.

Comment

Christ Corybn is such a fuckwit, reshuffling seating arrangement after cameras were already in the room

Caught on mic twice!

Open goal for Tom Watson
                                                                                                      The video is painful. Tough viewing!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                        Banks I understand. Don't quite get why the likes of ryanair and crh are also being slaughtered.
                                                                                                        Is CRH not doing alright or am i looking at things arse ways.

Comment

Lowry pulled out of Olympics too.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                            Is CRH not doing alright or am i looking at things arse ways.
                                                                                                            Sorry, i was indeed looking at things arse ways.

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                            Lowry pulled out of Olympics too.
                                                                                                            I suppose i'm surprised by that.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                              Sorry, i was indeed looking at things arse ways.

I suppose i'm surprised by that.
                                                                                                              Recently married, hopes to have family, medical advice. Hopes to go to Tokyo 2020

Comment

Golf won't make this Olympics let alone the next one at this stage!

Comment

I don't believe them over the Zika virus. I really don't.

Scott and Oosthuizen said it as it is. A scheduling issue. IE, could not be arsed.

Comment

Absolutely agree. But her excellence masks the impossible position she (they) are in.

Only a 'State' can be a member of the EU. The process of becoming a State in international law is complex and slow, even though Scotland arguably meet all the immediate criteria.

So, her problem is that between the time England start to negotiate their exit, she has to somehow bring about a situation either that the people of Scotland vote to 'join' another State, or become a State of itself AND that that new State becomes recognised in International law AND that the rest of the EU States accept their membership.

She said in Holyrood that she had spoken to both Michael D and our Taoiseach today. Serious option for Scotland would be to seek to join their celtic cousins, i.e. us.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                                                                      Absolutely agree. But her excellence masks the impossible position she (they) are in.

Only a 'State' can be a member of the EU. The process of becoming a State in international law is complex and slow, even though Scotland arguably meet all the immediate criteria.

So, her problem is that between the time England start to negotiate their exit, she has to somehow bring about a situation either that the people of Scotland vote to 'join' another State, or become a State of itself AND that that new State becomes recognised in International law AND that the rest of the EU States accept their membership.

She said in Holyrood that she had spoken to both Michael D and our Taoiseach today. Serious option for Scotland would be to seek to join their celtic cousins, i.e. us.
                                                                                                                      I believe I suggested this a few days ago. The issue is the Nordies. We're hardly going to join with the Scots and not look for the North as well, and those guys are just a pain in the ass.

Comment

Golf won't make this Olympics let alone the next one at this stage!
                                                                                                                        Good,should not have been included. Fair play to the golfers pulling out,have many from other sports pulled out? They'll be able to use earthquake\ tsunami risk in 2020.
                                                                                                                        I can see myself barely watching this year tbh

Comment

Reduced travel in the future, and most of the costs are in fx? CRH is almost back to Thurs close.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X