This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely all this means that England are a lock to win the Euros
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Wow London was 61 to 39 remain. London should just create it's own country. Fuck the rest of em.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
        Because the Spanish will shut the border on Gibraltar and they'll be flying everything in. As was the case in the past.

The others will suffer from the removal of access to the free movement of capital and peeps quite badly given their tax arrangements are the key cornerstone of their economy.

In the IOM case access to markets to sell stuff will also hurt.
        Particularly wanted to hear about the IOM guy I know (a few people might actually know him/of him) he's an Australian currently living in the IOM working for Stars, he setup a website to support the leave campaign.
        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
          Particularly wanted to hear about the IOM guy I know (a few people might actually know him/of him) he's an Australian currently living in the IOM working for Stars, he setup a website to support the leave campaign.
          What he has is what we know as a mental illness...or is it a level
          Toasters and fucking kettles FFS
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            Sad case but have seen similar type driving a lot around Dublin lately...

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime...t-62-1.2696574
            Very hard to see how turning up 6 days later when he knows he's caught entitles him to the kind of leniency that he got. 1/4 the max sentence gtfo
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
              Yet another big death for 2016! Brexit caused it.

I am still in shock about it all. Was at a school here to register the little one, on hearing my voice she said she doesn't know what will happen here with the whole Brexit thing. I said she has an Irish passport so she is grand! 3/5 of us have British passports!
              The three of you can acquire Irish passports handy though surely?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                Wow London was 61 to 39 remain. London should just create it's own country. Fuck the rest of em.

and gibraltar is part of the south west

Comment

feel sorry for the english foodies

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          Fck it lets persuade Scotland join us to. Would save them having to negotiate on entry as they would be joining a member who was already in. Presumably there's nothing that stops a member growing a bit in size. Get the whole Celtic brotherhood back together. Not sure of a name yet, but United Kingdom has a nice ring to it.

Comment

Two future leaders of free world?

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                              The three of you can acquire Irish passports handy though surely?
                              No, I am afraid not. Can not get a signature needed for two eldest children's forms.

Comment

The EU are dealing with this well imo. Juncker saying they don't want to wait till October to start the negotiations. They have to take an extremely hard line if there is any chance of this being the only exit, which is unlikely.
                                The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

No, I am afraid not. Can not get a signature needed for two eldest children's forms.
                                  Don't want to pry in to the reasons etc but I would imagine if same is impossible a Court order or some declaration in the absence of the signature must be an option.
                                  The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                    The EU are dealing with this well imo. Juncker saying they don't want to wait till October to start the negotiations. They have to take an extremely hard line if there is any chance of this being the only exit, which is unlikely.
                                    Yup, grind these little Englanders into the dust. Make them a lesson for the ages.

Gunpowder gin btw. Savage gear.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

any streaming sites got their hands on the new Independance day movie yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Been meaning to pick up a bottle based entirely on the cool bottle. Still got a litre of Star of Bombay to get through first.

Comment

Will I try pick up a bottle for tomorrow to toast or drown the sorrows of Irish rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                            Been meaning to pick up a bottle based entirely on the cool bottle. Still got a litre of Star of Bombay to get through first.
                                            Bit of grapefruit works nicely with it.

Sipping this and swearing at my tv is a surprisingly therapeutic combo

Comment

I thought today (finance industry) was going to be way worse (FXs, trades etc.)

I'd expect Monday to be annihilating

Comment

Ah that's a balls.

Just thinking out loud but any options of citizenship for the kids due to their time living here , or perhaps you scoop your passport and then the kids can piggyback from their mum the Irish citizen?

Comment

Welsh First Minister says 'Wales must not lose a penny'.

Good luck with that pal. Shove yer begging bowl where the sun doesn't shine.

Comment

Comment

I don't have time for protests in general but the one currently going on outside the News International offices, shouting refugees remain, seems particularly pointless.

Comment

Just watching Jeremy Kyle here on catch up.

I think I know why Brexit.

Comment

Are there any practical circumstances that allow for Article 50 not actually getting executed? 2nd vote with more remain votes after shiteing themselves of what will actually happen?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                              Are there any practical circumstances that allow for Article 50 not actually getting executed? 2nd vote with more remain votes after shiteing themselves of what will actually happen?
                                                              My amigo in the Commission says they are going to, quote, "screw those fuckers to the wall and they can fuck off back to 1956".

So I would guess some in Brussels are happy enough to be rid of the problem children.

Comment

My amigo in the Commission says they are going to, quote, "screw those fuckers to the wall and they can fuck off back to 1956".

So I would guess some in Brussels are happy enough to be rid of the problem children.
                                                                Hearing this too...

bloodshed afoot

Comment

.Three years married to an Irish person = citizenship, but have to be living there, and (hopefully only technically) express that you will continue to live there forever.
                                                                  Those terms are no guarantee of citizenship at all though and even if you get the nod you still have to be able to cough up the €1k+ required.

Comment

Comment

Comment

The outrage on Facebook continues...

"Met two brexiters at work today. Said they voted leave "for their children's future".
                                                                        If they wanted to fuck them up that badly, it'd have been quicker and cheaper to molest them."

Comment

I seem to remember a few bluebloods on here suggesting we grab onto the apron strings of the UK a few years back. Who woulda thunk it eh .

Comment

It's a fairly automatic process, I thought? (with my wife and sister-in-law having been through the process with zero hassle). The cash demand at the end is a bit of a bollix though, but in fairness its a rather costly process for the state to administer.
                                                                            It's definately not automatic.

I'm guessing it's 'admin fees' but there doesn't seem to be any label attached to the €950 required to make you Irish. Always thought that was a bit weird, that along with the €175 for a simple application stinks a bit.

The demographic of people welcomed as a citizen then being asked to pay that never sat well with me.
                                                                            Normally a district court judge does the 'welcoming', that should be that surely? Not pending a four figure sum.
                                                                            Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 24-06-16, 21:15.

Comment

Corbyn looks lost.

Comment

The obvious tactical option is to give them terms so bad that they come back begging for re entry. A speedy accommodation of Scotland would be a nice touch too.
                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                                                  Apparently this https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215 has sufficient names that it must be discussed/debated... possible out?
                                                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Was chatting to an elderly French couple a few weeks ago and the lady of the house had spent a few years teaching in Cork. Both retired now. Cue a bit of talk, but me mainly keen to get back to my book, mainly due to not knowing the slightest thing about Cork. Reluctantly handed over my business card at the end with a promise that we'd meet up some time. That time is now - well the email just arrived. Lovely people but slightly dreading the inevitable multi-hour 'we really must go unfortunately - well just another cup so, but after that we really really have to go' day that will be spent over at theirs. Ah they were very nice, and the invitation is also nice, but ..... oh dear.
                                                                                    Maybe they are swingers and it'll be a great evening?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                        The obvious tactical option is to give them terms so bad that they come back begging for re entry. A speedy accommodation of Scotland would be a nice touch too.
                                                                                        It is a big trading partner so vindictiveness would cost.

Although I have always enjoyed this maxim:

"In defeat - malice, in victory - revenge"

Comment

Just had a read of Article 50 (it's been a wild Friday). Problem seems to be the EU can't force their hand until the UK officially notify them so October at the earliest. Whatever about the rest of the things he has done, I think that's up there with the most irresponsible from Cameron. The best thing for the UK economy and by extension the rest of us, is a quick end so at least people have the full picture stability wise. Dragging this out till October at the earliest will mean the market being influenced by ever bit of dribble out of BoJo's mouth and 'well sourced' rumour about what's gong to happen.

Comment

...

Comment

Do you actually know non-EU people married to an Irish person for more than three years who were refused citizenship?
                                                                                              Yes.
                                                                                              I wouldn't be contradicting you otherwise!

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Sipping this and swearing at my tv is a surprisingly therapeutic combo
                                                                                                    Just time to catch the end of the 'Irish Country Music Awards'
                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                      Two future leaders of free world?

Dumb and dumber 3 coming soon to a city near you

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                        Just time to catch the end of the 'Irish Country Music Awards'
                                                                                                        I chose "bill hicks relentless" to finish my night, Country awards would have been better, and funnier.

We went out for dinner earlier to celebrate the young fellow finishing the leaving cert, his last exam was today. Its such a load of pressure on a young person, there has to be fairer and easier ways.

Aug 17 i think for results, Jasus, i hated these few months when it was my go.
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

You'll find something a bit amusing about this, maybe. Mainly the proof-of-concept part.

How I Used Maths to Beat the Bookies
                                                                                                              His book sounds interesting, I'm going to get it. Hitch what was the name of that book you read recently where the journalist investigates his past to see how it matches up with his memory and narrative?

Comment

Was chatting to an elderly French couple a few weeks ago and the lady of the house had spent a few years teaching in Cork. Both retired now. Cue a bit of talk, but me mainly keen to get back to my book, mainly due to not knowing the slightest thing about Cork. Reluctantly handed over my business card at the end with a promise that we'd meet up some time. That time is now - well the email just arrived. Lovely people but slightly dreading the inevitable multi-hour 'we really must go unfortunately - well just another cup so, but after that we really really have to go' day that will be spent over at theirs. Ah they were very nice, and the invitation is also nice, but ..... oh dear.
                                                                                                                Its unwritten French custom that you dont overstay your welcome, they are friendly to a point but get irate when you do stay too long so leaving shouldnt be bad. A good saying 'when all is ate the dinner is over'.

Comment

Why was that?
                                                                                                                  I don't know all the details but I know 3 people who've been refused citizenship despite fulfilling every criteria. I can't answer the why as no reason is ever given and there's no obligation to do so apparently.
                                                                                                                  One has been given a 99 year permission to stay and work here but refused citizenship which is bizarre.

These people are friends of mine, all married to Irish husbands for 5 years+ and two couples with Irish kids.

Edit to say that all have been granted permission to live and work here with pps numbers etc
                                                                                                                  Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 24-06-16, 22:06.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Solks. Don't bother with the new Independence Day. Just out of the cinema. Biggest let down movie I've ever seen. Complete load of shite. Just watch the original.

Comment

what's he aiming for ole pointswise - around 450 or so?
                                                                                                                          Maths and Physics, was 460 last year in UL.

I may have planted a seed for him to work at CERN at the end of whatever degree he chooses, he seems focused enough now to have that as a starting point, how bad !
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X