This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is wonderful

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
      He would certainly be my first choice. More for the man than his actual ability although that probably stands up to scrutiny just as well. That may sound stupid but the Liverpool fan base has been a nightmare since Rafa left. We could do with a force of nature like him personality wise to get the club all back pulling in the same direction including the fan base.

The guy who said a few days back on twitter that FSG would fire him after the derby has also said they won't go for Klopp. Too big a personality for them or some such rubbish. I don't particularly put much stock in what he is saying alone but that train of thought has been a common thread among the other journalists like Kay and Barrett over the last few days.

Opr
      Last edited by Opr; 04-10-15, 19:06.

Comment

Listened to that Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats album probably about 12 times since yesterday morning.

Love it when an album knocks you for six like that, last one was Alabama Shakes Boys and Girls.

Give it a listen, 11 absolutely perfect tracks.

Got tix for his Olympia gig next March, but I'd hand over my mother to see him in the Workmans.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          Listened to that Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats album probably about 12 times since yesterday morning.

Love it when an album knocks you for six like that, last one was Alabama Shakes Boys and Girls.

Got tix for his Olympia gig next March, but I'd hand over my mother to see him in the Workmans.
          High praise indeed. Will definitely give it a spin and really looking forward to it now!

Edit: Acquired. will give it a listen this week
          Last edited by shrapnel; 04-10-15, 19:49.

Comment

Busy as shite today and missed the rugby. I know the score (wtf), is it worth watching the recording or will I just depress myself?
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
              He would certainly be my first choice. More for the man than his actual ability although that probably stands up to scrutiny just as well. That may sound stupid but the Liverpool fan base has been a nightmare since Rafa left. We could do with a force of nature like him personality wise to get the club all back pulling in the same direction including the fan base.

The guy who said a few days back on twitter that FSG would fire him after the derby has also said they won't go for Klopp. Too big a personality for them or some such rubbish. I don't particularly put much stock in what he is saying alone but that train of thought has been a common thread among the other journalists like Kay and Barrett over the last few days.

Opr
              Seems that he has changed his tune and saying Klopp is a done deal. Jan Aage Fjortoft saying the same:

Comment

Lolz klopp

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  Busy as shite today and missed the rugby. I know the score (wtf), is it worth watching the recording or will I just depress myself?
                  It would be interesting to hear what you think watching it knowing the outcome. Your mood won't be improved for watching it.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    It would be interesting to hear what you think watching it knowing the outcome. Your mood won't be improved for watching it.
                    Stiff drink poured. Stadium looks great tbf. wp AJ.

Comment

Why would Klopp even consider leaving Dortmund. Wouldn't make sense.

Dick Advocaat next LFC manager.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                        You don't venture outside the Premier league much do you?
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                          You don't venture outside the Premier league much do you?
                          To go to Liverpool though? Surely he'd want to be aiming a bit higher.

Comment

Stiff drink poured. Stadium looks great tbf. wp AJ.
                            stadium is shite for rugby and football although it's a beautiful stadium. West ham fans don't really know what they're getting!

Comment

To go to Liverpool though? Surely he'd want to be aiming a bit higher.
                              Whatever about that, but he left Dortmund last summer.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Dick Advocaat next LFC manager.
                                Use Google mate *(Monkey Emoji)*

Comment

Whatever about that, but he left Dortmund last summer.
                                  FFS. Yeah I knew that. Brain fart. I blame the Carlsberg. I still think he'd be crazy to go there. Owners seem to have lofty ambitions.

Comment

FFS. Yeah I knew that. Brain fart. I blame the Carlsberg. I still think he'd be crazy to go there. Owners seem to have lofty ambitions.
                                    Apparently he wants to manage in the Premier League. English teams don't come much bigger than Liverpool, they've heaps of scope for improvement, for me its an ideal move for a manager like him.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                      Would be pretty sick to have bet on Advocat or Rogers to be next manager gone and lose out by a matter of hours.
                                      I backed Advocat and McClaren(for small money) at start of season, I haven't seen much of the news this weekend but if someone went before Advocat I am going to be utterly fucking gutted. The wording has me worried lol
                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

It's not good being a Liverpool and an Eagles fan. Eagles attempting to throw this away now

lol seems they scored already my stream is behind
                                        Last edited by ghostface; 04-10-15, 20:04.

Comment

Apparently he wants to manage in the Premier League. English teams don't come much bigger than Liverpool, they've heaps of scope for improvement, for me its an ideal move for a manager like him.
                                          I'd like to get Opr's thoughts on it tbh. As a United fan I'm quite biased when it comes to Liverpool but apparently they have a transfer committee and Rodgers had no say on signings. I think things will have to change upstairs before the manager and squad can change things. Because for now, Liverpool are no longer a big club, as Carra mentioned earlier. But I'm happy to see it that way.

Comment

Hmmmm, interesting enough and was happy that it was competitive, but very little stand up entertainment. Mexican wave was good!

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                              I backed Advocat and McClaren(for small money) at start of season, I haven't seen much of the news this weekend but if someone went before Advocat I am going to be utterly fucking gutted. The wording has me worried lol
                                              Have a couple of friends waiting too. One thinks because Advocaat left that the bet won't pay out. I don't know how this works tbh. Would the person have to be sacked for the bet to pay?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                Hmmmm, interesting enough and was happy that it was competitive, but very little stand up entertainment. Mexican wave was good!
                                                30 mins in and pretty turgid. Why was Murray being so deliberate at the base of the ruck? Do that against France and we play into their hands.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  Ah they don't do stand up at the Rugby AJ. Someone should have briefed you.

Comment

Can't watch any more.

Earls cannt be allowed play centre, ever (Munster already know this). Payne back.
                                                    Healy needs to start against France for dynamism.
                                                    Bowe didn't show anything. Zebo either.

Above all, it just looked incredibly slow. Slow ruck ball, one-up runners going slowly into contact, slow defensive line.

We beat France by moving them around.

Bad game AJ, ul.

Comment

Have a couple of friends waiting too. One thinks because Advocaat left that the bet won't pay out. I don't know how this works tbh. Would the person have to be sacked for the bet to pay?
                                                      Was onto support and they got onto the traders and they paid me out. The wording on mine was first to leave their post so was never in doubt, ship ship!

Mourinho now favourite to be next which is gas. Just threw 15 on sherwood because 8/1 is way too high and their next 5 games are rough, although I hope he doesn't go tbh
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

30 mins in and pretty turgid. Why was Murray being so deliberate at the base of the ruck? Do that against France and we play into their hands.
                                                        Its worrying that looks as if he has suddenly reverted to the way he played for up until the start of last years 6N.
                                                        Would like to see Heaslip putting a bit more on the line next week, unless he is carrying an injury he looked a bit half hearted at times today.

Not bringing Trimble could turn out to be be a whopper,

Comment

Surprised the An Post strike hasn't been mentioned here at all http://www.irishtimes.com/news/irela...taff-1.2378209

Wonder will they hold on to stuff coming from UK/Europe till it's over, or will they just send it back?
                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Will see you there - myself and the wife just got tickets for the gig in March

Comment

Never been to the gate theatre, any seating tips, as in is there anything to avoid apart from the obvious? How well do you see from further back rows? Do I need an aisle if taller?

saw dillan moran and bill bailey this week, great stuff. Remind me never to book seats in the olympia again, sure the view is great but you leave with no knees.

Comment

That Facebook "sport" ad,ugh

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                  Never been to the gate theatre, any seating tips, as in is there anything to avoid apart from the obvious? How well do you see from further back rows?
                                                                  It's all good imo. It's really small, so the back rows aren't far away at all.
                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Cheers, was a bit worried when i see everything booked but a whole row like O, I am like wtf is wrong with row O?

Comment

Some Irish rugby fans giving chavball fans a run for there money in the short term results based thinking doom mongering stakes today

Comment

Ancelotti is supposedly higher in the pecking order

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                          Some Irish rugby fans giving chavball fans a run for there money in the short term results based thinking doom mongering stakes today
                                                                          Having watched every irish world game since 1991 its hard not to be pissed off worried.
                                                                          We have a history of fucking up underachieving in the tournament when it really matters.

The players and management are very well paid and tickets cost a lot of cash.
                                                                          Its an entertainment product and the value for money was not there today.

Positives were Henshaw getting through uninjured and Henderson had some good bits the rest very poor.
                                                                          Expectations are high and rightly so no excuse for not being up for a game like today with the massive support and rest time the team had.

Comment

Committing conversational nuisance

Comment

Just caught up on the days posting and nothing personal dobby but you should probably stop talking about football, as one of those stupid Facebook pages might say 'you've had a mare'.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                Just caught up on the days posting and nothing personal dobby but you should probably stop talking about football, as one of those stupid Facebook pages might say 'you've had a mare'.
                                                                                Apart from forgetting Klopp was on his holiers what was wrong? United do not have title credentials and Lolpoo are a small club. Fairly spot on imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                  Having watched every irish world game since 1991 its hard not to be pissed off worried.
                                                                                  We have a history of fucking up underachieving in the tournament when it really matters.

The players and management are very well paid and tickets cost a lot of cash.
                                                                                  Its an entertainment product and the value for money was not there today.

Positives were Henshaw getting through uninjured and Henderson had some good bits the rest very poor.
                                                                                  Expectations are high and rightly so no excuse for not being up for a game like today with the massive support and rest time the team had.
                                                                                  Murrays pass slowed right down and he was back to having a good look round at the base of the ruck - otherwise a good game.

Vintage earls handling in the centre, thought we were happy that he is a winger again. Fitz and cave both actually able to play centre, it's just baffling .

Breakdowns involved either to many players or were not properly secured. Chris Henry kept on the bench even tho he can fix this issue and does so every time.

Heaslip may not have actually been playing.

O'mahony get so binned for something stupid.

Kick at every opportunity because slow mall means no gaps will open in defensive lines.

Felt like we went back in time a few years. Same players out of position = same outcome

Comment

Comment

Hmm, Im off that weekend in March.

Cant get a decent seated ticket, hate the way TM wont let you pick your own seat, then again, i could just man up and get the standing tickets.
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

@Lazare, i take it you have seen this ? Austin to Boston
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Breaking news: Brendan Rodgers has been sacked.
                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Funny coincidence here

Ancelotti's final game: Everton 1-0 Chelsea.
                                                                                            Moyes' final game: Everton 2-0 United.
                                                                                            Rodgers' final game: Everton 1-1 Liverpool.

When are chelsea playing everton again?
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

tis fair quiet in here, nobody watching dallas game? good ending at least
                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Cipriani
                                                                                                Not one Australian would get into that England team right now. The Aussies will be fired up, but when it comes down to it, head-to-head England are too strong.
                                                                                                Originally posted by Adam Ashley-Cooper
                                                                                                It's just nice that Danny is talking about someone other than himself. He's a good bloke and I enjoy his selfies a lot. He can say what he likes, he wouldn't ever be a part of our team
                                                                                                Last edited by Emmet; 05-10-15, 09:49.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                  @Lazare, i take it you have seen this ? Austin to Boston
                                                                                                  I did man, watched it a couple of months ago. Great doc.
                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                    Breaking news: Brendan Rodgers has been sacked.
                                                                                                    oh.
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Who is Brendan Rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        Who is Brendan Rodgers?
                                                                                                        A wealthy man.

Comment

[x]Happy to attempt to wum about Liverpool every other post.
                                                                                                          [x]Has never heard of the manager

wp old man

Comment

A wealthy man.
                                                                                                            Did he do a reverse Harry Redknapp and lay himself for all the money in the next manager market and just hung on for a couple of hours longer than some other dude
                                                                                                            LOL chavball where next manager markets are more exciting than the games.

Comment

[x]Happy to attempt to wum about Liverpool every other post.
                                                                                                              [x]Has never heard of the manager

wp old man
                                                                                                              Have you learned the lyrics to Irelands Call yet

Comment

Not a big rugger fan myself. Was rooting for Italy yesterday for lolev.

Comment

Controversial hotel posts CCTV of customer 'horsing food into them' in response to bad review
                                                                                                                  New café venture accused of 'bullying' customers on social media

The controversial Charleville Lodge Hotel has opened up a new café as part of their existing offering, called The White Moose Café.
                                                                                                                  SHARE
                                                                                                                  GO TO
                                                                                                                  The new café is attracting attention online in much the same fashion as it's parent hotel after posting CCTV on their Facebook page in response to a complaint.
                                                                                                                  Taking to their Facebook Page, Charleville Lodge Hotel's owner Paul Stenson wrote that customers "horsing food into them and clearing our plates clean" would be caught on CCTV and used to protect the "untarnished reputation of our café".
                                                                                                                  "Dear Guests,
                                                                                                                  Before you leave a negative review of the food in our White Moose Café on Facebook, may I remind you that we have CCTV cameras in our café that both capture and record footage of people horsing food into them and clearing our plates clean.
                                                                                                                  If you are not happy with your food, tell us AT THE TIME and whatever you do, DON'T F**KING EAT IT. We will happily give you another dish which may better suit your discerning palate. In that way, you won't have to go and write a negative review AFTER THE FACT, which could damage the thus far untarnished reputation of our café. Your issues would have been resolved there and then, no negative review would be necessary, and we would all live happily ever after".
                                                                                                                  One user wrote on Twitter: "If I don't like your new café will I get bullied on Facebook too?"
                                                                                                                  The hotel claims that since the CCTV was posted, the original review was removed. "She claims she was "bullied into doing it", I claim the review should have never been written".
                                                                                                                  In a separate post, he wrote: "I don't spend the entirety of my life sitting on the toilet or driving (which is where most of my Facebook activity takes place). I actually do things that don't involve my phone from time to time. In future please have some consideration for this before you slate our customer service".
                                                                                                                  Dublin's Charleville Lodge Hotel is famous around the country as a result of a number of controversial posts on their social media pages over the last few years.
                                                                                                                  The hotel hit headlines for telling Ed Sheeran fans to 'stay in a homeless shelter' if they didn't like the price, and for offering a discount to people who brought proof of not paying their Irish Water bill.
                                                                                                                  The new café is located under the hotel on the North Circular Road. The hotel wrote on Facebook that they made the new entrance "gobshite proof" by putting up "two big arrows to show you the way", adding "even with these safeguards in place, I can guarantee you that there will still be mindless idiots entering via the main hotel entrance".

Comment

Anywhere to watch last nights MOTD2 online?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Comment

He started out funny, realised he was funny and just turned into a muppet after. Non stop stauses abusing yanks etc
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                          You can download a torrent from the usual places
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X